Page 4 of 281 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 104 ... LastLast
    The Solution has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by The Solution View Post
    Back + Hamstrings:

Pull-Ups:
    30 Reps over 3 Sets with Various Grips

Smith Machine Rows:
    135 x 12
    155 x 10
    185 x 8 (3 Sets)

Single Arm Cable rows (1 Second Squeeze after eccentric):
    20 x 12
    27.5 x 10 (3 Sets)

Dumbell pullovers -
    40 x 15
    55 x 10 (3 Sets)

Narrow grip chins -
    BW x 10 (2 Sets)

+2 Reps

Dumbell shrugs - (3 Second Hold)
    100's x 12 (3 Sets)

Hyperextensions -
    BW + 25 x 10 ----> BW x 10

Glute Ham Raise:
    BW x 8 (3 Sets)

Post-Workout:

Mexican Stuffed Peppers

2 Weeks Post-Show *Up 5 Pounds*

Macors Updated:

240 Protein
    300/270g Carbs (Workout/Non)
    40/45 Fat (Workout/Non)

Pics:

Originally Posted by fltallpaul View Post
    Posterior Chain is still damn Lean, great work reversing!
    Yes Sir! Just following orders.

Originally Posted by Shazriki View Post
    Could be the lighting but the back looks to be getting leaner still. Fuller too. Reverse is going great Bob!
    No joke people tell me that, just overall i look better and leaner, Weird!

Originally Posted by NaturalPursuit View Post
    +5 lbs and lookin bigger and leaner than ever! Killin it man!
    ^^ Exactly what i hear a lot now.. Crazy to think that.

Originally Posted by The Big Sleep View Post
    Damn lean still, you could step on stage and do well tomorrow if you wanted. After looking at the rear double pic, curious if Jason and you are planning on focusing on back thickness this offseason? I know you mentioned bringing up the hammies, but your delts, traps and arms are so damn thick that they overshadow your mid-lower back. Maybe its just the way the lighting hits your body on that pose, I could be seeing it differently
    The Goal as stated by the new IFBB Pro Shelby Starnes himself

"Grow, dont focus on this or that, just grow, you are 24 you have plenty of time to get on stage and show it off, but you need size. Just keep pounding away, drop your ego, focus on feeling the muscle being worked and progressive overload. Dont get fancy, Just eat, Lift, and do it over and over"

He is the man and spent some good time talking to him the other day. Jason said "I agree 100%"

anuragp122195 is just really nice. (+1000) anuragp122195 is just really nice. (+1000) anuragp122195 is just really nice. (+1000) anuragp122195 is just really nice. (+1000) anuragp122195 is just really nice. (+1000) anuragp122195 is just really nice. (+1000) anuragp122195 is just really nice. (+1000) anuragp122195 is just really nice. (+1000) anuragp122195 is just really nice. (+1000) anuragp122195 is just really nice. (+1000) anuragp122195 is just really nice. (+1000)
    By far your greatest posing smile ever.

∆--Be the Change--∆ The Big Sleep's Avatar
    The Big Sleep is a name known to all. (+5000) The Big Sleep is a name known to all. (+5000) The Big Sleep is a name known to all. (+5000) The Big Sleep is a name known to all. (+5000) The Big Sleep is a name known to all. (+5000) The Big Sleep is a name known to all. (+5000) The Big Sleep is a name known to all. (+5000) The Big Sleep is a name known to all. (+5000) The Big Sleep is a name known to all. (+5000) The Big Sleep is a name known to all. (+5000) The Big Sleep is a name known to all. (+5000)
    sounds like you're in good hands then B, keep doing your thing!
    Team HALEO™ Rep
    ∞[Echo in Eternity]∞

http://www.haleo.com/

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/haleo.html

Like Us On ********: http://tinyurl.com/HaleoFB

http://muscle-primer.com

•A mind too active is no mind at all•

Originally Posted by anuragp122195 View Post
    By far your greatest posing smile ever.
    Not too shabby for trying to throw on on before the camera flashes in 10 seconds and getting set up!

sounds like you're in good hands then B, keep doing your thing!
    Jason is the man! No questions asked, plus i bounce convo's off Layne, Shelby, John meadows etc all the time. The support means the world.

mattjansen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mattjansen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mattjansen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mattjansen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mattjansen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mattjansen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mattjansen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mattjansen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mattjansen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mattjansen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mattjansen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Not too shabby for trying to throw on on before the camera flashes in 10 seconds and getting set up!

Jason is the man! No questions asked, plus i bounce convo's off Layne, Shelby, John meadows etc all the time. The support means the world.
    Pics looking great man, everything is popping! Now lets be honest...you bounce stuff off of john meadowns all the time??? come on now lol
    Matt Jansen

Strength Coach for the Strength Guys
    www.thestrengthguys.com
    Individualized program design for strength and sport specific athletes.

Scivation and Primaforce Representative

Arms + Chest:

Pull-Ups:
    30 Reps over Various Sets/Grips

EZ Bar Curl:
    25 x 15 (3 Sets) -- Warmup
    40 x 10 (5 Sets) -- 10 Second Rest Between Sets

Hammer Curls:
    35's x 10 (5 Sets) -- 10 Second Rest Between Sets

Ez Bar Preacher Curls:
    45 x 10 (2 Sets) * Slow Eccentric 3 Seconds *

Rope Pushdown:
    100 x 12 (2 Sets) -- Warmup --

Rope Pushdown // SuperSet // Dips
    100 x 15 (3 Sets) // Superset // BW + 45 x 10 (3 Sets)

SkullCrusher // SuperSet // Behind the Head Dumbbell Tricep Extension:
    115 x 10 (2 Sets) // 70 x 10 (2 Sets)

Incline Dumbbell Chest Press:
    60's x 15 ( 3 Sets )

Post-Workout:

Talenti Sea Salt Carmel:

Originally Posted by mattjansen View Post
    Pics looking great man, everything is popping! Now lets be honest...you bounce stuff off of john meadowns all the time??? come on now lol
    Considering we are talking about getting a workout in for the future of course we e-mail weekly so yes i do "bounce" things off him and ask for his true advice regarding my physique and tweaks to be made to his split (which he helped me set up) hence the mountain dog training when i was talking to him backstage.

Location: Cheltenham, Gloucestershire, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Is it bad that I am 'mirin that ice cream 20x more than the training session?

Bob do you feel doing all those tricep isos before pressing reduces workload on your chest, or that using a lighter weight for more reps that it doesn't seem to impact it for you?

Originally Posted by JasonDB View Post
    Is it bad that I am 'mirin that ice cream 20x more than the training session?

Bob do you feel doing all those tricep isos before pressing reduces workload on your chest, or that using a lighter weight for more reps that it doesn't seem to impact it for you?
    I addressed this last week regarding chest last. I do a chest shoulder session earlier in the week with my focus on chest. Since chest is an accessory and it is a dominant arm day hence my focus on arms first and chest with a minor movement and focus on feeling the muscle working.

Bodybuilding and being a power lifter are two stories as you can see from the contest pictures I may have been stronger than my competition but I did not look bigger on stage

Bodybuilding is about looking the best and biggest while bringing a conplete package of symmetry and size not just strength.

I fail with mind muscle connection and feeling the muscles working hence why I stated last page this program is about " dropping my ego" and focusing on feeling my muscle working and engaging the muscle

DTrulez616 is a name known to all. (+5000) DTrulez616 is a name known to all. (+5000) DTrulez616 is a name known to all. (+5000) DTrulez616 is a name known to all. (+5000) DTrulez616 is a name known to all. (+5000) DTrulez616 is a name known to all. (+5000) DTrulez616 is a name known to all. (+5000) DTrulez616 is a name known to all. (+5000) DTrulez616 is a name known to all. (+5000) DTrulez616 is a name known to all. (+5000) DTrulez616 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I gotta get on that Sea Salt Caramel. That stuff looks delish!
    Instagram: instagram.com/zackfeeney
    Snapchat: DTrulez616

orelz will become famous soon enough. (+50) orelz will become famous soon enough. (+50) orelz will become famous soon enough. (+50) orelz will become famous soon enough. (+50) orelz will become famous soon enough. (+50) orelz will become famous soon enough. (+50) orelz will become famous soon enough. (+50) orelz will become famous soon enough. (+50) orelz will become famous soon enough. (+50) orelz will become famous soon enough. (+50) orelz will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    subbed, are you doing the IF protocol?

JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I addressed this last week regarding chest last. I do a chest shoulder session earlier in the week with my focus on chest. Since chest is an accessory and it is a dominant arm day hence my focus on arms first and chest with a minor movement and focus on feeling the muscle working.

Bodybuilding and being a power lifter are two stories as you can see from the contest pictures I may have been stronger than my competition but I did not look bigger on stage

Bodybuilding is about looking the best and biggest while bringing a conplete package of symmetry and size not just strength.

I fail with mind muscle connection and feeling the muscles working hence why I stated last page this program is about " dropping my ego" and focusing on feeling my muscle working and engaging the muscle
    Good answer. Thank you for the detailed response.

tenacious707 is just really nice. (+1000) tenacious707 is just really nice. (+1000) tenacious707 is just really nice. (+1000) tenacious707 is just really nice. (+1000) tenacious707 is just really nice. (+1000) tenacious707 is just really nice. (+1000) tenacious707 is just really nice. (+1000) tenacious707 is just really nice. (+1000) tenacious707 is just really nice. (+1000) tenacious707 is just really nice. (+1000) tenacious707 is just really nice. (+1000)
    ^ Co-sign... Great response Bob.. I completely understand the drop the ego/weight thing now. I've been dropping the weight and focusing on form and mind/muscle connection. Most people don't care how much you lift they just recognize you do lift / are shredded.
    From The Westside with Love - Heavy lifting, and Hip-Hop.
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=133965531

BTK till the casket drops

Originally Posted by DTrulez616 View Post
    I gotta get on that Sea Salt Caramel. That stuff looks delish!
    So does the taste

Originally Posted by orelz View Post
    subbed, are you doing the IF protocol?
    yes
    Good answer. Thank you for the detailed response.
    Anytime man! had to make it clear.

Originally Posted by tenacious707 View Post
    ^ Co-sign... Great response Bob.. I completely understand the drop the ego/weight thing now. I've been dropping the weight and focusing on form and mind/muscle connection. Most people don't care how much you lift they just recognize you do lift / are shredded.
    Bingo. Well said my man. Time to really refocus and do things right and grow right.

jaredmus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jaredmus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jaredmus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jaredmus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jaredmus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jaredmus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jaredmus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jaredmus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jaredmus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jaredmus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jaredmus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    sweet rebound so far
    Trying to improve day in and day out.

MY youtube-://www.youtube.com/user/JaredBodyB/videos

My instagram-- JaredBB22

Anytime man! had to make it clear.
    I agree with what you said actually. I'm into a lot of very heavy lifting with loose from on some lifts but others I focus a lot more on mind muscle connection, particularly when they offer something unique... like the dumbbell inclines you listed. I don't go over 75's on those. They offer a very unique stretch at the bottom that I can't seem to replicate with any other lift, so I focus on getting that stretch on every single rep, sometimes even pausing for a second at the very bottom where it hurts for the last few reps.

Originally Posted by jaredmus View Post
    sweet rebound so far
    Carbs are now up 85g, and woke up a pound lighter today...

WTF?

I agree with what you said actually. I'm into a lot of very heavy lifting with loose from on some lifts but others I focus a lot more on mind muscle connection, particularly when they offer something unique... like the dumbbell inclines you listed. I don't go over 75's on those. They offer a very unique stretch at the bottom that I can't seem to replicate with any other lift, so I focus on getting that stretch on every single rep, sometimes even pausing for a second at the very bottom where it hurts for the last few reps.
    Bodybuilding is so individual. Honestly we need to do both, activate both Type I and Type II Muscle fibers to get the best benefits. We need to lift heavy for its benefits, we should incorporate all rep ranges because they all BENEFIT us, but for bodybuilding its about how you look, what you show on the stage, not about X you deadlift or Y you bench, that is powerlifting and showing your weight lifting not what you look like. Two different worlds. for most on this site its just about lifting and being consistent, its about your overall goal and what you need to do to maxamize your results. not someone else's and their goal

ya know?

psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Late but in
    PL Log
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=154662503

BTK!

First Meet 8/25/13 281/264/418 963 @198

5/24/14 352.5/286/462.5 1101 @242

Once more into the fray.. IrishPilot's Avatar
    IrishPilot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IrishPilot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IrishPilot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IrishPilot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IrishPilot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IrishPilot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IrishPilot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IrishPilot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IrishPilot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IrishPilot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IrishPilot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Mirin the shoulder and arm leanness and size! Gotta love the SSC. Makes other ice cream and gelato seem so lackluster.
    Team Never Full
    Craft Beer Crew

Originally Posted by psychodiver9 View Post
    Late but in
    Never Late

Originally Posted by IrishPilot View Post
    Mirin the shoulder and arm leanness and size! Gotta love the SSC. Makes other ice cream and gelato seem so lackluster.
    Check Discussion in the Ben N Jerries thread --- what is your thought on the cookie crunch? I am a PB and Cookie Dough Fanatic and love my mix-ins.. Reviews are Meh.. and i already am going to pass on the DQ Blizzard of month

IrishPilot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IrishPilot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IrishPilot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IrishPilot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IrishPilot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IrishPilot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IrishPilot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IrishPilot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IrishPilot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IrishPilot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IrishPilot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Never Late

Check Discussion in the Ben N Jerries thread --- what is your thought on the cookie crunch? I am a PB and Cookie Dough Fanatic and love my mix-ins.. Reviews are Meh.. and i already am going to pass on the DQ Blizzard of month
    Cmon Bob...Im a regular in the ice cream thread. Ive been pumping SSC for weeks son! I personally havent had the Cookie Crunch. Not much of a milk and cookies style guy, so Ive avoided it per everyone elses suggestions. DQ isnt worth the cals IMO. B&J/Cold Stone/Blue Bunny for me. I am a cookie dough and PB fanatic as well. Just now venturing into the PB/Choc ice cream world, but it seems too many of them are chocolate heavy. I want it to taste like PB ice cream with chocolate, not the other way around If you havent had What A Cluster yet...do yourself a solid and get it.
    Team Never Full
    Craft Beer Crew

The Big Sleep is a name known to all. (+5000) The Big Sleep is a name known to all. (+5000) The Big Sleep is a name known to all. (+5000) The Big Sleep is a name known to all. (+5000) The Big Sleep is a name known to all. (+5000) The Big Sleep is a name known to all. (+5000) The Big Sleep is a name known to all. (+5000) The Big Sleep is a name known to all. (+5000) The Big Sleep is a name known to all. (+5000) The Big Sleep is a name known to all. (+5000) The Big Sleep is a name known to all. (+5000)
    All this talk of DQ is reminding me of childhood favorite when we'd go to one: Cherry-dipped Vanilla Ice Cream Cones

Team HALEO™ Rep
    ∞[Echo in Eternity]∞

All this talk of DQ is reminding me of childhood favorite when we'd go to one: Cherry-dipped Vanilla Ice Cream Cones

Here was mine...butterscotch dilly bar ftw.

Team Never Full
    Craft Beer Crew

Here was mine...butterscotch dilly bar ftw.
    Oh those were so good too
    Team HALEO™ Rep
    ∞[Echo in Eternity]∞

Hitting Legs tomorrow before the gym closes at 4 since I work till 2, I work 6 a.m. till 4 p.m. on Monday so I don't want to hit legs after that, so going to make an audible and have monday as off day and resume Chest/Shoulders on Tuesday

Cmon Bob...Im a regular in the ice cream thread. Ive been pumping SSC for weeks son! I personally havent had the Cookie Crunch. Not much of a milk and cookies style guy, so Ive avoided it per everyone elses suggestions. DQ isnt worth the cals IMO. B&J/Cold Stone/Blue Bunny for me. I am a cookie dough and PB fanatic as well. Just now venturing into the PB/Choc ice cream world, but it seems too many of them are chocolate heavy. I want it to taste like PB ice cream with chocolate, not the other way around If you havent had What A Cluster yet...do yourself a solid and get it.
    Have had What a Cluster, absolutely fantastic. I have had almost everyone BnJ Flavor but OCC and Pb World Target by me does not carry Pb World, nor does Blue Bunny come in Pint's.
    DQ imo is better than some of the BnJ pints (just because i enjoy mix-ins a ton). Coldstone is pretty damn good don't get me wrong, but 5$ for a creation when a pint of ice cream is like 3$ is crazy sometimes (for the smallest size) and pretty identical mix-ins. Blue Bunny is only sold in the larger containers at my walmart for some reason, and very limited flavors (usually basic ones)

Always open for some PB / Cookie Dough pint suggestions or ideas

anuragp122195 is just really nice. (+1000) anuragp122195 is just really nice. (+1000) anuragp122195 is just really nice. (+1000) anuragp122195 is just really nice. (+1000) anuragp122195 is just really nice. (+1000) anuragp122195 is just really nice. (+1000) anuragp122195 is just really nice. (+1000) anuragp122195 is just really nice. (+1000) anuragp122195 is just really nice. (+1000) anuragp122195 is just really nice. (+1000) anuragp122195 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Damn dude, that's a f*ckin crazy schedule. Doing it whatever it takes to get that workout in! Nice.

I'm going to try this peanut butter ice cream flavor next. I saw it at the store but didn't buy it yet: http://www.turkeyhill.com/products/p...s.aspx?pID=435

Originally Posted by anuragp122195 View Post
    Damn dude, that's a f*ckin crazy schedule. Doing it whatever it takes to get that workout in! Nice.

I'm going to try this peanut butter ice cream flavor next. I saw it at the store but didn't buy it yet: http://www.turkeyhill.com/products/p...s.aspx?pID=435
    Nice we have turkey hill here. Philly and Yankees and Steelers Bliztburgh Crunch, all are good, but not my favorites as i said PB and Cookie Dough FTMFW, hence why i go to DQ and tell them hey i am feeling something PB, so mix up a Peanut Butter Blizzard with whatever mix-ins you think are good, and BAM the lady gives me the biggest "Small" blizzard you can get. Probabaly because i give them 5$ and the thing costs 2.50 haha

NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    butterscotch dilly bar......MMMM!!!! must try!
    advertising not permitted

deltpecx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deltpecx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deltpecx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deltpecx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deltpecx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deltpecx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deltpecx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deltpecx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deltpecx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deltpecx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deltpecx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Bodybuilding is so individual. Honestly we need to do both, activate both Type I and Type II Muscle fibers to get the best benefits. We need to lift heavy for its benefits, we should incorporate all rep ranges because they all BENEFIT us, but for bodybuilding its about how you look, what you show on the stage, not about X you deadlift or Y you bench, that is powerlifting and showing your weight lifting not what you look like. Two different worlds.....
    EXACTLY!
    The judges at a BB show aren't going to ask you; "How much can you bench or deadlift.:

I just might have to bestow GENIUS status on you for this one!..

Less ego, more thought!
    She approached with her hand extended,. I slowly stepped back. "No" she said. "I just want to shake your hand. You're amazingly gorgeous." As she walked by me she copped a biceps feel.

1st Place Masters Over 60 Bodybuilding 2014

Frankdaddy is a name known to all. (+5000) Frankdaddy is a name known to all. (+5000) Frankdaddy is a name known to all. (+5000) Frankdaddy is a name known to all. (+5000) Frankdaddy is a name known to all. (+5000) Frankdaddy is a name known to all. (+5000) Frankdaddy is a name known to all. (+5000) Frankdaddy is a name known to all. (+5000) Frankdaddy is a name known to all. (+5000) Frankdaddy is a name known to all. (+5000) Frankdaddy is a name known to all. (+5000)
    The cherry dipped ice cream pic just caused me to crave that motha suckaaaa. I believe if we all look at the overall aspect of training and progression within training its through volume and growth stimulation. Sometimes the gains come from heavy training, but I believe moreso in volume overload in the end. I believe the strength focus is best realized that it helps more in the overall scheme of things, because later you will be able to handle greater loads in higher volume and or higher frequency. So overdoing the powerlifting training can hinder some bodybuilding focus IMO. Reading your opinion made me snap into reality a bit for my offseason next year, and realize skipping an arm exercise when I am in a hurry is a better deal than it seems at the time because were losing overall workload.

MKW is just really nice. (+1000) MKW is just really nice. (+1000) MKW is just really nice. (+1000) MKW is just really nice. (+1000) MKW is just really nice. (+1000) MKW is just really nice. (+1000) MKW is just really nice. (+1000) MKW is just really nice. (+1000) MKW is just really nice. (+1000) MKW is just really nice. (+1000) MKW is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Frankdaddy View Post
    The cherry dipped ice cream pic just caused me to crave that motha suckaaaa. I believe if we all look at the overall aspect of training and progression within training its through volume and growth stimulation. Sometimes the gains come from heavy training, but I believe moreso in volume overload in the end. I believe the strength focus is best realized that it helps more in the overall scheme of things, because later you will be able to handle greater loads in higher volume and or higher frequency. So overdoing the powerlifting training can hinder some bodybuilding focus IMO. Reading your opinion made me snap into reality a bit for my offseason next year, and realize skipping an arm exercise when I am in a hurry is a better deal than it seems at the time because were losing overall workload.
    Not to hijack the thread, but this got me thinking about 5/3/1 training. I'm not sure how familiar you are with it, but one aspect of the program calls for 5 sets of 10 at a light % of your max following the heavier sets. Do you (or anyone else in the thread) think this could be a nice compromise between bodybuilding and powerlifting? From everything I've read (granted, I have yet to buy the e-book but will be doing so today) it is focused primarily on increasing the big four lifts but in doing so hits you with tremendous volume within those same lifts.
    "Making my own luck" towards a 1000 pound total:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=117767701&p=981675523&viewfull=1#post981675523

Currently rebuilding on 5/3/1.