Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 LastLast
    Squats do a body good! musicianman's Avatar
    musicianman is a name known to all. (+5000) musicianman is a name known to all. (+5000) musicianman is a name known to all. (+5000) musicianman is a name known to all. (+5000) musicianman is a name known to all. (+5000) musicianman is a name known to all. (+5000) musicianman is a name known to all. (+5000) musicianman is a name known to all. (+5000) musicianman is a name known to all. (+5000) musicianman is a name known to all. (+5000) musicianman is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by zakatak333 View Post
    2013 is your year, man
    I hope so! Thank you!

i would guess 1 full body session per week is enough for an intermediate to make progress

week 1: 15 sets of squat, bench & row
    week 2: 15 sets of deadlift, overhead & chin up

idk, maybe not...
    It should be, though two would be worlds better.

if you'd like a link to my resolutions thread in the misc, just ask & i'll post it here
    I'm not all too big of a fan of resolutions. Waiting for the new year to do something that you know you need to do is silly

Originally Posted by Ironlife View Post
    Its already 2013 in my country u mad?
    I posted Happy New year ahead of time for my Aussie friends
    Training, philosophy, nutrition and biomedical discussion (2.0): http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=146797403

Video log:
    www.YouTube.com/Frootlups

Stop Hating Start Lifting zakatak333's Avatar
    zakatak333 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zakatak333 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zakatak333 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zakatak333 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zakatak333 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zakatak333 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zakatak333 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zakatak333 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zakatak333 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zakatak333 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zakatak333 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by musicianman View Post
    I hope so! Thank you!

It should be, though two would be worlds better.
    yeah, also 45 sets of heavy lifting in one session is pretty grueling

day 1: 6 sets squat, bench, row & SLDL
    day 2: 6 sets dead, overhead, chin & front squat

is more effective, in my estimation...

5 days per week would be better but, for someone with only 2 days per week to lift, a split like this may be the best option

I'm not all too big of a fan of resolutions. Waiting for the new year to do something that you know you need to do is silly
    a worthwhile venture is best started immediately

will be aiming for 180 pound clean and press max, 20 reps of 200 pounds high bar squat without rest pause, 10 reps 280 pound conventional stance 2'' deficit pull & 10 reps 180 bench. wish me luck!
    The muscles i value most are the ones directly surrounding the spine, the hips, the scapula, the femur and the tibia... in that order.

Basically the whole body minus chest and biceps... pretty much the opposite of what your local gym looks like on a typical Monday.

Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

I posted Happy New year ahead of time for my Aussie friends
    Ahh nice your 165 IQ is showing again.
    ~~~~~~~~~~
    ''Bro, get yourself under control lol next thing we know Illy is gonna be 175 lbs, addicted to coke, involved in gang activity, and with a 365 max deadlift... ''-Blizzard589
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~

musicianman is a name known to all. (+5000) musicianman is a name known to all. (+5000) musicianman is a name known to all. (+5000) musicianman is a name known to all. (+5000) musicianman is a name known to all. (+5000) musicianman is a name known to all. (+5000) musicianman is a name known to all. (+5000) musicianman is a name known to all. (+5000) musicianman is a name known to all. (+5000) musicianman is a name known to all. (+5000) musicianman is a name known to all. (+5000)
    day 1: 6 sets squat, bench, row & SLDL
    day 2: 6 sets dead, overhead, chin & front squat

is more effective, in my estimation...
    I don't agree with doing six sets of deadlifts unless they are performed for speed, at least at your stage of training. I'd also suggest doing the front squats before the other lifts.

5 days per week would be better but, for someone with only 2 days per week to lift, a split like this may be the best option
    More squats!

will be aiming for 180 pound clean and press max, 20 reps of 200 pounds high bar squat without rest pause, 10 reps 280 pound conventional stance 2'' deficit pull & 10 reps 180 bench. wish me luck!
    The clean and press seems a little bit extreme relative to your other goals. Not to say that it can't be achieved, but you'll more than likely have to press more than once a week.

What's up with all of the rep goals?

Ahh nice your 165 IQ is showing again.
    Training, philosophy, nutrition and biomedical discussion (2.0): http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=146797403

Video log:

stealthmedia will become famous soon enough. (+50) stealthmedia will become famous soon enough. (+50) stealthmedia will become famous soon enough. (+50) stealthmedia will become famous soon enough. (+50) stealthmedia will become famous soon enough. (+50) stealthmedia will become famous soon enough. (+50) stealthmedia will become famous soon enough. (+50) stealthmedia will become famous soon enough. (+50) stealthmedia will become famous soon enough. (+50) stealthmedia will become famous soon enough. (+50) stealthmedia will become famous soon enough. (+50)

GHRs:
    BWx8
    BWx8
    BWx8

I need to try these before I do SLDL sometime to see if I can get some clean reps without assistance.

I unfortunately got sick again but this was due to my poor diet, lack of sleep, and lack of focus getting my micronutrients in. Going to modify the PHAT template a bit to change things up and get back on it hard today.
    SQ: 225x5 (High-bar ATG)
    DL: 295x5/315x1

"Many basic or compound exercises (e.g. squat, bench press, etc.) have a bell shaped resistance curves or shift the resistance through multiple muscle groups throughout the exercise's range of motion allowing the muscles to momentarily relax between repetitions. This period of momentary relaxation between repetitions allows greater opportunity for momentary blood flow permitting the clearing of acid accumulation."

Originally Posted by stealthmedia View Post

I need to try these before I do SLDL sometime to see if I can get some clean reps without assistance.

I unfortunately got sick again but this was due to my poor diet, lack of sleep, and lack of focus getting my micronutrients in. Going to modify the PHAT template a bit to change things up and get back on it hard today.
    Probably should've noted that I was doing a pushup off the ground to gain the initial momentum. I can't do them entirely freely yet.

I've also been sick since the day after my last workout. Going to go lift today.

Video log:

stealthmedia will become famous soon enough. (+50) stealthmedia will become famous soon enough. (+50) stealthmedia will become famous soon enough. (+50) stealthmedia will become famous soon enough. (+50) stealthmedia will become famous soon enough. (+50) stealthmedia will become famous soon enough. (+50) stealthmedia will become famous soon enough. (+50) stealthmedia will become famous soon enough. (+50) stealthmedia will become famous soon enough. (+50) stealthmedia will become famous soon enough. (+50) stealthmedia will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Probably should've noted that I was doing a pushup off the ground to gain the initial momentum. I can't do them entirely freely yet.

I've also been sick since the day after my last workout. Going to go lift today.
    Ahh yeah I put a bosu ball under me to push off of. Does your gym(s) have a GHR machine or do you use the seated calf?

"Many basic or compound exercises (e.g. squat, bench press, etc.) have a bell shaped resistance curves or shift the resistance through multiple muscle groups throughout the exercise's range of motion allowing the muscles to momentarily relax between repetitions. This period of momentary relaxation between repetitions allows greater opportunity for momentary blood flow permitting the clearing of acid accumulation."

Either that or the lat pulldown machine.

Video log:

Sunday, January 6 - Lower Power:

Squats:
    225x5
    275x3
    315x3
    365x2 (very fast and smooth)
    350x3
    315x1 (front squat)
    275x5 (back to low-bar; all paused)

Press:
    135x4
    135x3
    Cleaned off the ground. Feel good factor.

Deadlift:
    225x5
    315x3
    365x2

After the last set, a guy working at LA Fitness walked over to me and said, with a very condescending tone, "Don't slam the weights. If you can't control it, it's too heavy. Wouldn't want to see ya get hurt."

I replied "That is false. I have a state record in powerlifting, and my ability to control the eccentric portion of a deadlift does not indicate..."

—"I don't give a ****. Don't slam my weights."

I smiled at him, nodded, and walked away. Would've liked to go heavier, but oh well. Just have to find a better time to train there.

Have been sick for the last few days. Feels great to train again.
    Last edited by musicianman; 01-06-2013 at 08:09 PM.

Video log:

zakatak333 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zakatak333 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zakatak333 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zakatak333 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zakatak333 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zakatak333 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zakatak333 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zakatak333 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zakatak333 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zakatak333 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zakatak333 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I don't agree with doing six sets of deadlifts unless they are performed for speed, at least at your stage of training. I'd also suggest doing the front squats before the other lifts.
    This is not my program, just hypothetical.

I squat, press, bench & SLDL 5x week

The clean and press seems a little bit extreme relative to your other goals. Not to say that it can't be achieved, but you'll more than likely have to press more than once a week.

What's up with all of the rep goals?
    I have previously maxed out at 140x1 overhand CnP, and have now progressed to doing UNDERHAND for 130x5 followed by a set of overhand 130x5

i will be attempting 145 and MAYBE 150 very soon press is second most prioritized lift in my training, it will take everything i have and optimal conditions to make this happen(including a dirty bulk which will continue until probably early 2014)

I like endurance squatting, my current long-term goal is continue to add 20-40 pounds per year to my 5-20 rep working sets for each main lift, 10 pounds for assistance lifts. You could say i'm rep crazy

edit: maxed out CnP today, 100x6, 130x1, 145x1, 150x1

underhand CnP is paying off, and cleaning was more difficult than pressing(the bar went up pretty smooth on the press)
    Last edited by zakatak333; 01-07-2013 at 11:00 AM.
    The muscles i value most are the ones directly surrounding the spine, the hips, the scapula, the femur and the tibia... in that order.

Basically the whole body minus chest and biceps... pretty much the opposite of what your local gym looks like on a typical Monday.

Smolovicus is just really nice. (+1000) Smolovicus is just really nice. (+1000) Smolovicus is just really nice. (+1000) Smolovicus is just really nice. (+1000) Smolovicus is just really nice. (+1000) Smolovicus is just really nice. (+1000) Smolovicus is just really nice. (+1000) Smolovicus is just really nice. (+1000) Smolovicus is just really nice. (+1000) Smolovicus is just really nice. (+1000) Smolovicus is just really nice. (+1000)
    lol @ "it's too heavy." Should've just threw on another 100lbs and lifted it while staring him in the eyes from across the gym.
    Best gym lifts: S 430 / B 385 / D 480 both C&S

Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Would have loved to see you set up your vid and loaded 5 plates in front of him, pick it up and then throw it down and yell,. was that better?
    ~~~~~~~~~~
    ''Bro, get yourself under control lol next thing we know Illy is gonna be 175 lbs, addicted to coke, involved in gang activity, and with a 365 max deadlift... ''-Blizzard589
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~

Would have loved to see you set up your vid and loaded 5 plates in front of him, pick it up and then throw it down and yell,. was that better?
    the kind of yell that scares people would be optimal

This is not my program, just hypothetical.

I squat, press, bench & SLDL 5x week
    Troll.

I have previously maxed out at 140x1 overhand CnP, and have now progressed to doing UNDERHAND for 130x5 followed by a set of overhand 130x5

i will be attempting 145 and MAYBE 150 very soon press is second most prioritized lift in my training, it will take everything i have and optimal conditions to make this happen(including a dirty bulk which will continue until probably early 2014)

I like endurance squatting, my current long-term goal is continue to add 20-40 pounds per year to my 5-20 rep working sets for each main lift, 10 pounds for assistance lifts. You could say i'm rep crazy

edit: maxed out CnP today, 100x6, 130x1, 145x1, 150x1

underhand CnP is paying off, and cleaning was more difficult than pressing(the bar went up pretty smooth on the press)
    More doing, less talking. You can't plan a year ahead.

Originally Posted by Smolovicus View Post
    lol @ "it's too heavy." Should've just threw on another 100lbs and lifted it while staring him in the eyes from across the gym.
    Would've been a good show. I missed a great opportunity.

Could've also asked him to help me load the weight, as I don't want to hurt myself.

This too.

the kind of yell that scares people would be optimal

Video log:

Monday, January 7 - More Lower Body Domination:

Klokov press:
    45x8
    65x8
    95x5

BTN push press:
    140x5
    185x3
    205x2
    Mmmmmmm.

Press:
    140x2
    140x2
    140x2

Squats:
    275x3
    315x3
    365x2
    315x5
    Ran into some powerlifting folk. So much fun.

Quarter squats from pins:
    405x3
    495x3
    585x3
    675x0
    675x0
    585x0???
    Beat.

Leg press:
    5Px8
    6Px5
    Quad killer.

Calf raises

V-crunch using hamstring curl machine:
    30x5
    30x12
    30x8
    One of the powerlifters showed me this. A great lifter (video). Basically, you perform a crunching motion while pulling against resistance with your legs.

Video log:

Tuesday, January 8 - Dynamic Upper:
    Trained with the powerlifting folk once more. Great fun.

Band bench press (~130 pounds of band tension):
    135x3
    135x3
    155x3
    135x3
    155x3
    135x3
    135x3
    135x3
    155x2
    135x3
    135x2
    Not sure of the exact weight, but this was difficult as well as lots of fun.

Exercise ball dumbbell bench:
    60x6
    60x6
    60x6
    60x6
    Damn, I'm wobbly.

Dips:
    (BW+45)x4 --> BWx5
    BWx6
    BWx9
    Triceps are entirely spent.

Internally rotated reverse flyes:
    25x10
    25x10
    25x7
    Fine tuning these most certainly activates the rear deltoids intensely.

Video log:

Nice onj, but little bit too much band tension with 135 to be dynamic.

A set of3 reps should take as long as a 1 Rm on bench
    ~~~~~~~~~~
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~

How has the new year been treating you sir?

How has the new year been treating you sir?
    if you want to know how my new year is going

just failed a 260 lbs paused squat on thursday, bent the ends of the standard bar as a result of dumping it

done with endurance squatting for now, gotta focus on fives and singles.. this weakness is ridiculous

Hey guys, so...

I kind of disappeared. I'm sorry.

Life has been good. My semester has been the most intense one yet.

I got into an awesome neuroscience doctoral program.

Still making nanoparticles.

Just had a powerlifting meet and managed 345/255/470, which is lame, and I cut eight pounds of water the night before that really affected my strength.

I somehow managed to fail a 375 and 380 squat attempt, even though 380 went better than 375.

Also didn't clear the 505 deadlift off the ground.

Video log:

The All-American American Woody-5's Avatar
    Woody-5 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Woody-5 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Woody-5 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Woody-5 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Woody-5 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Woody-5 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Woody-5 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Woody-5 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Woody-5 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Woody-5 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Woody-5 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Nice to see you're still alive and kicking!
    Glad to hear school is going well. Nice numbers at the meet! Are you finding much time to lift? Sounds like your plate is pretty full with school
    PRs: Back Squat- 410x1 / Front Squat- 320x1/ Bench- 325x1 / Deadlift- 505x1

Woody's Quest for the Seven (journal):
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=177649631

Thanks, man.

I was training one day on, a double session the following day, and one day off on cycle for six weeks before the meet on February 23. Got really sick after the meet, so the week following was no bueno, and the week following that was the usual rape-fest associated with the week of classes before a break.

I'm taking seven classes, and pursuing my experiments for 20+ hours per week (which is not nearly enough), so it's been a bit crazy. This past week I pulled three all-nighters in total, the naps associated with which were on this wonderful bed:

I'm definitely ready for grad school and not having to take so many courses. Granted, I created this for myself, as I'm taking courses on top of the requirements since they are more interesting to me and I want to get the most out of my time here.

How's it going with you?

Video log:

The All-American American Woody-5's Avatar
    Woody-5 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Woody-5 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Woody-5 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Woody-5 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Woody-5 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Woody-5 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Woody-5 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Woody-5 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Woody-5 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Woody-5 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Woody-5 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Going good here!
    The company I work for is going through a big growth phase right now which is cool.
    Lifting has been going well, been having a successful 2013 so far with the weights. I'm more than ready for spring after all this snow we've been hammered with the past month
    PRs: Back Squat- 410x1 / Front Squat- 320x1/ Bench- 325x1 / Deadlift- 505x1

Woody's Quest for the Seven (journal):
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=177649631

Juggernaut0 is a name known to all. (+5000) Juggernaut0 is a name known to all. (+5000) Juggernaut0 is a name known to all. (+5000) Juggernaut0 is a name known to all. (+5000) Juggernaut0 is a name known to all. (+5000) Juggernaut0 is a name known to all. (+5000) Juggernaut0 is a name known to all. (+5000) Juggernaut0 is a name known to all. (+5000) Juggernaut0 is a name known to all. (+5000) Juggernaut0 is a name known to all. (+5000) Juggernaut0 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Jeez man, mix in a vacation. You're gonna overtrain on school. lol

Glad all is well man.
    My log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=136366931

Originally Posted by Woody-5 View Post
    Going good here!
    The company I work for is going through a big growth phase right now which is cool.
    Lifting has been going well, been having a successful 2013 so far with the weights. I'm more than ready for spring after all this snow we've been hammered with the past month
    Dat engineer job growth, for the win?

I'm ready for spring, too. The snow storm that happened on the first day of spring break had me giggling a bit.

Originally Posted by Juggernaut0 View Post
    Jeez man, mix in a vacation. You're gonna overtrain on school. lol

Glad all is well man.
    Yeah, I was feeling a bit of a CNS overload this week.

Thank you sir.

Video log:

-Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I cut eight pounds of water the night before that really affected my strength.
    Did you get a lot of headaches?

This is what I've been working on.

Video log:

supmannn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) supmannn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) supmannn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) supmannn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) supmannn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) supmannn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) supmannn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) supmannn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) supmannn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) supmannn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) supmannn is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Is you doing da BME?
    Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=146757493

Yes. Done with the bachelor's in May and going on to study neuro.

But specifically, I <3 gene deliveries and nanotechnology.

Video log:

Nice vid Onj, come start posting again
    ~~~~~~~~~~
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 LastLast