FreshbodyD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Exclamation Is it good to add naps to a bulking regimen?

So I'm no stranger to bulking regimens but I was wondering if I could even further increase the effectiveness of my bulking routine by adding naps during the mid day? I usually come home from the gym, eat, drink my shake, shower and by that time I'm pretty tired anyways so do you think it is an effective way to conserve energy and not burn any more calories than I need to by taking an hour and a half nap around 3pm-ish?

Goatny will become famous soon enough. (+50) Goatny will become famous soon enough. (+50) Goatny will become famous soon enough. (+50) Goatny will become famous soon enough. (+50) Goatny will become famous soon enough. (+50) Goatny will become famous soon enough. (+50) Goatny will become famous soon enough. (+50) Goatny will become famous soon enough. (+50) Goatny will become famous soon enough. (+50) Goatny will become famous soon enough. (+50) Goatny will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I don't know the science behind it, but I'd imagine it could only help. Correct me if I'm wrong.
    -Chasing The Pump-

Whether you take a doughnut hole as blank space or as an entity unto itself is purely a metaphysical question and does not affect the taste of the doughnut one bit - Murakami

mrmrbill is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mrmrbill is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mrmrbill is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mrmrbill is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mrmrbill is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mrmrbill is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mrmrbill is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mrmrbill is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mrmrbill is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mrmrbill is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mrmrbill is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Sure. Just don't do it whilst engaged in something important, like driving a car or making executive decisions about foreign policy. I usually have a good nap after deadlifts day... sometimes two.

Location: London, Greater London, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    MikeKK is just really nice. (+1000) MikeKK is just really nice. (+1000) MikeKK is just really nice. (+1000) MikeKK is just really nice. (+1000) MikeKK is just really nice. (+1000) MikeKK is just really nice. (+1000) MikeKK is just really nice. (+1000) MikeKK is just really nice. (+1000) MikeKK is just really nice. (+1000) MikeKK is just really nice. (+1000) MikeKK is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by FreshbodyD View Post
    So I'm no stranger to bulking regimens but I was wondering if I could even further increase the effectiveness of my bulking routine by adding naps during the mid day? I usually come home from the gym, eat, drink my shake, shower and by that time I'm pretty tired anyways so do you think it is an effective way to conserve energy and not burn any more calories than I need to by taking an hour and a half nap around 3pm-ish?
    Not sure, considering that you sleep 8+ h a day you already repair all the stuff that needs to be repaired. Sleeping 12h in total won't really make you more rejuvenated. Altho 20min naps can increase your energy levels. Just don't take them too often as it may mess up your sleep pattern.

Originally Posted by MikeKK View Post
    Not sure, considering that you sleep 8+ h a day you already repair all the stuff that needs to be repaired. Sleeping 12h in total won't really make you more rejuvenated. Altho 20min naps can increase your energy levels. Just don't take them too often as it may mess up your sleep pattern.
    Well My sleep pattern is weird to begin with but yeah I dont sleep that much to throw it off

odinseye84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) odinseye84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) odinseye84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) odinseye84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) odinseye84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) odinseye84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) odinseye84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) odinseye84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) odinseye84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) odinseye84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) odinseye84 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    From what I understand, napping is part of the day of a sumo wrestler, after their lunch, in order to gain weight.

robosphere is just really nice. (+1000) robosphere is just really nice. (+1000) robosphere is just really nice. (+1000) robosphere is just really nice. (+1000) robosphere is just really nice. (+1000) robosphere is just really nice. (+1000) robosphere is just really nice. (+1000) robosphere is just really nice. (+1000) robosphere is just really nice. (+1000) robosphere is just really nice. (+1000) robosphere is just really nice. (+1000)
    I'd just like to incorporate naps into my daily day, not even for bulking - just to nap.

ktj4l is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ktj4l is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ktj4l is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ktj4l is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ktj4l is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ktj4l is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ktj4l is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ktj4l is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ktj4l is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ktj4l is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ktj4l is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I take naps on workout days (and usually also on off days) regardless of being on a cut or bulk. Rest is a good idea for recovery.

Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by robosphere View Post
    I'd just like to incorporate naps into my daily day, not even for bulking - just to nap.
    this^, wish I had time for naps.
    OG

^^ Haha Yeah no kidding! naps are great. And yeah I've heard sumo's nap as well. But what I've also heard is that the time during the day when your body burns the most fat is also when your sleeping, however its probably not very much but if thats correct then napping is not only good for bulking, it also kills two birds with one stone by keeping your fat levels regulated on a small scale