mysteryagent has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mysteryagent has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mysteryagent has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mysteryagent has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mysteryagent has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mysteryagent has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mysteryagent has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mysteryagent has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mysteryagent has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mysteryagent has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mysteryagent has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Moving to a village with no gym - what to buy?

Hey guys,

I am moving to a village for 6 months and I am in the early stages of body building. It's actually a 'Kibbutz' in Israel.

They don't have a gym on site and I want to buy something good but cheap to build me up.

I saw the Tower 200 system but after reading the reviews on this forum I figure it's not good for body building.

What can you guys recommend?! Is there one of those things that are good but not too expensive that will be good for body building?!

Thanks heaps,

Jeremy

Home gym 'til I die. ProtienandIron's Avatar
    ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Whats your overall budget exactly? It will help a lot.

All of these items can be used by themselves or to compliment each other. And bodyweight training compliments everything- plus its free.

Barbell set
    Dumbbell set
    Kettlebell
    Rings
    Sandbag (very cheap as you can just fill an old army duffel bag with sand).
    My training log:
    ---------------
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=153596291&p=1062453741#post1062453741

[]---[] Equipment Crew #43 []---[]
    -!!!---!!!- No Excuses Homemade Equipment Crew #1 -!!!---!!!-
    ()---() York Barbell Club #4 ()---()

mysteryagent has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mysteryagent has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mysteryagent has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mysteryagent has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mysteryagent has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mysteryagent has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mysteryagent has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mysteryagent has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mysteryagent has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mysteryagent has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mysteryagent has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by ProtienandIron View Post
    Whats your overall budget exactly? It will help a lot.

All of these items can be used by themselves or to compliment each other. And bodyweight training compliments everything- plus its free.

Barbell set
    Dumbbell set
    Kettlebell
    Rings
    Sandbag (very cheap as you can just fill an old army duffel bag with sand).
    Thanks so much for your reply. I guess my overall budget is no more than around $120.

I could buy a dumb-bell set and buy kettlebells but it is pushing it to get the rest.... because things are expensive here in Israel.

Before this I was serious about going to the gym etc. but now I am limited with what I can do as I have no equipment...

Any thoughts would be much appreciated.

Thanks again!

ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I just did a conversion of aus dollas to pounds. Its hard to tell which item is best for your budget as I don't know how much stuff costs mail order where you are going. My first choice for a static location would be a barbell. Colmplimented by bodyweight and cardio. But your budget probably wouldnt get you much pondage. So in this instance I would says rings are your best bet (but you'll obviously need somewhere to hang them). If this is a problem, then a heavy kettlebell may be your best bet.

The more you increase your budget, the more choices you have.
    My training log:
    ---------------
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=153596291&p=1062453741#post1062453741

Originally Posted by ProtienandIron View Post
    I just did a conversion of aus dollas to pounds. Its hard to tell which item is best for your budget as I don't know how much stuff costs mail order where you are going. My first choice for a static location would be a barbell. Colmplimented by bodyweight and cardio. But your budget probably wouldnt get you much pondage. So in this instance I would says rings are your best bet (but you'll obviously need somewhere to hang them). If this is a problem, then a heavy kettlebell may be your best bet.

The more you increase your budget, the more choices you have.
    Wow you are AMAZING.... Thank you SO much for your efforts...!!

I don't know what rings are!? But I could buy a barbell and perhaps even a kettlebell...

Do you not think something like a 'Tower 200' or something equivalent will be sufficient to body build!?

Thanks!!

Originally Posted by mysteryagent View Post

Do you not think something like a 'Tower 200' or something equivalent will be sufficient to body build!?

Thanks!!
    Absolutly not! I'm pretty sure that piece of **** made it into the 'hall of shame' http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...1692043&page=2 Avoid.

As a general rule, anything with 100, 200, 2000, 1000...etc, should be avoided. ...Now go buy yourself some iron.

or check these out. http://www.ringtraining.com/
    My training log:
    ---------------

Buccaneer82 is just really nice. (+1000) Buccaneer82 is just really nice. (+1000) Buccaneer82 is just really nice. (+1000) Buccaneer82 is just really nice. (+1000) Buccaneer82 is just really nice. (+1000) Buccaneer82 is just really nice. (+1000) Buccaneer82 is just really nice. (+1000) Buccaneer82 is just really nice. (+1000) Buccaneer82 is just really nice. (+1000) Buccaneer82 is just really nice. (+1000) Buccaneer82 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Second the rings, at your price point they'll be the most bang for your buck. Rogue rings specifically are kick ass!