Page 70 of 76 FirstFirst ... 20 60 68 69 70 71 72 ... LastLast
Results 2,071 to 2,100 of 2279
    Consistency. Intensity. Medtreker's Avatar
    Medtreker is just really nice. (+1000) Medtreker is just really nice. (+1000) Medtreker is just really nice. (+1000) Medtreker is just really nice. (+1000) Medtreker is just really nice. (+1000) Medtreker is just really nice. (+1000) Medtreker is just really nice. (+1000) Medtreker is just really nice. (+1000) Medtreker is just really nice. (+1000) Medtreker is just really nice. (+1000) Medtreker is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by 2nd_chance View Post
    Wonder what they meant by scripting? On something like that, I'm just looking for Biblical accuracy.
    That's my word. The screenplay. Guess they felt it was a little flat. Essentially, they follow the story as it was written, but all the dialog has to be filled in, essentially. They said it seemed a large undertaking, but it lacked the overall "interest" factor. That's what the article said. It's just one review.

My favorite part's always been Noah's story.
    Tony

"Punch It Bishop"

GreatOldOne has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreatOldOne has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreatOldOne has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreatOldOne has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreatOldOne has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreatOldOne has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreatOldOne has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreatOldOne has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreatOldOne has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreatOldOne has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreatOldOne has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Thanks for your insight and contribution great one.
    You're welcome. Several people did think my comment was a dick...and it was with no preface. and eventually I got sucked into red so thanks for that all. It's just hard to stomach coming into an xtian and athiest thread and reading all this grumbling about minutia about the bible. THAT's what's deep in the weeds. You guys don't even approach the basic question yet are so deep into the bible you're sweating the details of ancient texts written as best as...well hearsay. You guys are all really, really crazy people to go on in your magical thinking. Believing in spirits, life after death (for no good reason grant you). There is no friendly discussion between atheists and xtians. We think you are idiots. I'm sure you think likewise, but really.

This is like a friendly discussion between an adult and a child about whether there is a santa clause. OK. Yes they are mad when you tell them there is no santa clause. But in this setting there is no holding back so you all neg and I tell you what fools you are.

I can accept the negs as anti-social. That part is true. I'm telling all you christians that your fools for having faith and believing in stuff that you have no good reason to believe in. That's not popular among believers. It's not friendly, and I doubt it can crack your thick skulls but logic doesn't work IMO. Logic isn't why you believe what you believe, so I'm not sure there's a good reason to argue against you with that. But what I'm saying isn't wrong.

It all comes down IMO that people can't deal with death and oblivion. I will be negged into oblivon...but at least I don't fear it and don't live my life fearing the oblivion that we will all face along with everyone we love. I help people and do the 'good' thing because if I don't...nobody will. BTW...the 'good' thing doesn't include coddling people on the internet which you all obviously agree with.

How much do you help your fellow person in need? That's what you do because you know if you don't do it nobody else will. Not because it will help you get into your 'great reward' at the end of your life. If you do the right thing you do the right thing FOR NO REASON...because you have empathy for your fellow man. But you're not obligated to swallow BS every week by a bunch of hypocritical fools who believe in magic.
    Last edited by GreatOldOne; 03-06-2013 at 08:48 PM.

2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by GreatOldOne View Post
    You're welcome. Several people did think my comment was a dick...and it was with no preface. and eventually I got sucked into red so thanks for that all. It's just hard to stomach coming into an xtian and athiest thread and reading all this grumbling about minutia about the bible. THAT's what's deep in the weeds. You guys don't even approach the basic question yet are so deep into the bible you're sweating the details of ancient texts written as best as...well hearsay. You guys are all really, really crazy people to go on in your magical thinking. Believing in spirits, life after death (for no good reason grant you). There is no friendly discussion between atheists and xtians. We think you are idiots. I'm sure you think likewise, but really.
    Are the voices in your head acting up again?
    David

GreatOldOne has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreatOldOne has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreatOldOne has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreatOldOne has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreatOldOne has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreatOldOne has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreatOldOne has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreatOldOne has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreatOldOne has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreatOldOne has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreatOldOne has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Are the voices in your head acting up again?
    Lol..yes. You must have heard them too. They say, 'Save the crazy people'.
    Last edited by GreatOldOne; 03-06-2013 at 09:11 PM.

2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Lol..yes. You must have heard them too. They say, 'Save the crazy people'.
    do you even lift, bruh?
    David

do you even lift, bruh?
    they all say that when beaten (a little). and yes.

JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Originally Posted by JOHN GARGANI
    being a Good person in this world STARTS from being Good to OURSELVES......

Originally Posted by KRANE View Post
    Then you exist because you still have much to learn. There is only ONE good. What you just defined is the act of selfishness.
    oh really?? where are YOU coming from to say this?

it depends on what I mean by being "good" to oneself...but you didn't ask me to define that, did you?

for example, if you are an active alcohol, drug or gambling addict, you are not being good to yourself, and as a result, not to anyone else....

if you totally abuse your body, from a health point of view, and die early, you are not being good to yourself, and consequently, leaving your family in dire straits.....

all acts of goodness start with how we conduct our OWN lives....you must have your own house in order before you can truly positively impact others....

this is such a simple concept in life, I am surprised that you picked that one statement out of my many and keyed in on that....
    Lift as MUCH as you can, for as MANY reps as you can,
    while in complete control of the exercise.

JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    do you even lift, bruh?
    DAVE: just ignore this dude....he "negged" me back when he was in red..lol....however, some misguided soul actually repped him back into green.....

best to put him on your ignore list.....
    Lift as MUCH as you can, for as MANY reps as you can,
    while in complete control of the exercise.

lasher has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lasher has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lasher has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lasher has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lasher has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lasher has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lasher has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lasher has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lasher has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lasher has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lasher has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)

This is like a friendly discussion between an adult and a child about whether there is a santa clause. OK. Yes they are mad when you tell them there is no santa clause. But in this setting there is no holding back so you all neg and I tell you what fools you are.

I can accept the negs as anti-social. That part is true. I'm telling all you christians that your fools for having faith and believing in stuff that you have no good reason to believe in. That's not popular among believers. It's not friendly, and I doubt it can crack your thick skulls but logic doesn't work IMO. Logic isn't why you believe what you believe, so I'm not sure there's a good reason to argue against you with that. But what I'm saying isn't wrong.

It all comes down IMO that people can't deal with death and oblivion. I will be negged into oblivon...but at least I don't fear it and don't live my life fearing the oblivion that we will all face along with everyone we love. I help people and do the 'good' thing because if I don't...nobody will. BTW...the 'good' thing doesn't include coddling people on the internet which you all obviously agree with.

How much do you help your fellow person in need? That's what you do because you know if you don't do it nobody else will. Not because it will help you get into your 'great reward' at the end of your life. If you do the right thing you do the right thing FOR NO REASON...because you have empathy for your fellow man. But you're not obligated to swallow BS every week by a bunch of hypocritical fools who believe in magic.
    Who pissed in this guy's cheerios? jeez.
    'On many levels, mathematics itself operates as Whiteness. Who gets credit for doing and developing mathematics, who is capable in mathematics, and who is seen as part of the mathematical community is generally viewed as White' - Rochelle Gutierrez, Professor of Mathematics at the University of Illinois.

Medtreker is just really nice. (+1000) Medtreker is just really nice. (+1000) Medtreker is just really nice. (+1000) Medtreker is just really nice. (+1000) Medtreker is just really nice. (+1000) Medtreker is just really nice. (+1000) Medtreker is just really nice. (+1000) Medtreker is just really nice. (+1000) Medtreker is just really nice. (+1000) Medtreker is just really nice. (+1000) Medtreker is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by JOHN GARGANI View Post
    if you are an active alcohol, drug or gambling addict, you are not being good to yourself, and as a result, not to anyone else....

if you totally abuse your body, from a health point of view, and die early, you are not being good to yourself, and consequently, leaving your family in dire straits.....

all acts of goodness start with how we conduct our OWN lives....you must have your own house in order before you can truly positively impact others....

this is such a simple concept in life,
    Good Post.
    Tony

"Punch It Bishop"

Have to comment on this, I would like to break it down into seperate quotations, but that would take me too long...

This post is, if anything, rambling. It's also incorrect in some key points. To say Christians follow their faith/beliefs for no reason. I have been showing that, even as an Atheist, I can see and understand the reasons why faithful believe. There are definite reasons.

Second, children aren't mad when they learn there's no Santa Clause, they're disillusioned. Perhaps their immature emotional skills express it as anger...

I do believe in the denial of death, we have spoken about it here. Mostly on the Atheist side.

However, as was recently talked about, your post is clearly a personal attack. Learn some manners.
    Tony

"Punch It Bishop"

Originally Posted by Medtreker View Post
    Good Post.
    It was good John.
    David

Here's a bit from the net...

"Closely related to magic is religious ritual, such as prayer. The major difference between magic and ritual is that ritual does not always work, even when it is carried out properly. Rather, the proper performance of a ritual simply increases the likelihood of a desired result coming to pass."

I think this says a lot at seperating the two, which for all intents and purposes, I believe should be.
    Tony

"Punch It Bishop"

Originally Posted by Medtreker View Post
    Have to comment on this, I would like to break it down into seperate quotations, but that would take me too long...

This post is, if anything, rambling. It's also incorrect in some key points. To say Christians follow their faith/beliefs for no reason. I have been showing that, even as an Atheist, I can see and understand the reasons why faithful believe. There are definite reasons.

Second, children aren't mad when they learn there's no Santa Clause, they're disillusioned. Perhaps their immature emotional skills express it as anger...

I do believe in the denial of death, we have spoken about it here. Mostly on the Atheist side.

However, as was recently talked about, your post is clearly a personal attack. Learn some manners.
    It was totally rude and emotional. I would accept disjointed but not rambling. I won't continue to 'clutter' this thread breaking down that post but if you had the inclination to break something down and debate feel free to pm.

BTW...'no reason' in my post doesn't imply 'without cause'. It's also not a personal attack on anybody...rather an emotional statement of frustration referring to the craziness of another position which lots people take personally because it's very painful to them. I'm sure you're all very pleasant people except for Lasher (That's ad hominem, that guy's an [edit...disturbingly mean and wrong person]). The OP of this thread actually seems like a very nice person.
    Last edited by GreatOldOne; 03-07-2013 at 05:00 PM.

WrongSideof40 will become famous soon enough. (+50) WrongSideof40 will become famous soon enough. (+50) WrongSideof40 will become famous soon enough. (+50) WrongSideof40 will become famous soon enough. (+50) WrongSideof40 will become famous soon enough. (+50) WrongSideof40 will become famous soon enough. (+50) WrongSideof40 will become famous soon enough. (+50) WrongSideof40 will become famous soon enough. (+50) WrongSideof40 will become famous soon enough. (+50) WrongSideof40 will become famous soon enough. (+50) WrongSideof40 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Rr

This is like a friendly discussion between an rRNAdult and a child about whether there is a santa clause. OK. Yes they are mad when you tell them there is no santa clause. But in this setting there is no holding back so you all neg and I tell you what fools you are.

I can certainly understand why you would think me a fool because I believe in God, because I certainly believe that you are a fool for not believing. I believe because I feel his presence in my life .... You can choose to believe that or not, it really makes little difference to me. I feel no compelling need to justify my belief nor to argue philosophy with you, believe what you choose. I would point out, however, that the reason people get so upset over your attacking their beliefs is that you can not prove that they are incorrect in their belief anymore than they can prove to you that God exists. Therefore, you choose to argue using opinion and philosophical logic, which are always perspective based. The US was founded so people would have the freedom to believe what they choose. The problem I have with most athiests is the same exact problem I have with zealots of any faith. Who are you to call my beliefs wrong? Who are you to attempt to squash my freedom of religion any more than Islamists, Mormons, fundamentalists, and so many others that I've run into during my life. Call me as stupid and idiotic as you like, your name calling and blustering is for naught, insults will win you nothing in my book.
    Outside the rain fell dark and slow
    While I pondered on this dangerous but irresistible pastime .............. I knew the moment had arrived
    For killing the past and coming back to life.

David Gilmour

Originally Posted by WrongSideof40 View Post
    Rr

I can certainly understand why you would think me a fool because I believe in God, because I certainly believe that you are a fool for not believing. I believe because I feel his presence in my life .... You can choose to believe that or not, it really makes little difference to me. I feel no compelling need to justify my belief nor to argue philosophy with you, believe what you choose. I would point out, however, that the reason people get so upset over your attacking their beliefs is that you can not prove that they are incorrect in their belief anymore than they can prove to you that God exists. Therefore, you choose to argue using opinion and philosophical logic, which are always perspective based. The US was founded so people would have the freedom to believe what they choose. The problem I have with most athiests is the same exact problem I have with zealots of any faith. Who are you to call my beliefs wrong? Who are you to attempt to squash my freedom of religion any more than Islamists, Mormons, fundamentalists, and so many others that I've run into during my life. Call me as stupid and idiotic as you like, your name calling and blustering is for naught, insults will win you nothing in my book.
    I did call you fools...but I don't really think you're a fool. I think you're oppressed, mentally. You think you feel gods presence in your life? You have a mystical feeling? Hearing voices, not quite a voice but some kind of emotional/spiritual acknowledgement of a certain circumstance? What is one reason you can offer that you are not just deluding yourself? That you're not 'talking to yourself'? Replace that feeling from 'god' with an 'alien from another galaxy'...and you're just on the same ground as far as evidence is concerned.

Logic is not perspective based. That's the point of logic. It's valid whether or not you like it or agree with it. I also use plenty of rhetoric as does anybody else who argues...because people usually aren't persuaded by logic because their emotions have such a strong grip over their mind.

The US wasn't founded by people who wanted freedom for people to believe whatever they choose. They had very specific ideas about what they wanted people to be able to believe and choose. It's a facinating topic what they individually believed, but not for here.

Who am I to call your beliefs wrong? The one without wool pulled over his eyes. The one without such deep seeded fear that even logic becomes meaningless compared to my 'feelings'. I don't attempt to squash you're freedom of religion. I encourage you to exercise that freedom and wake up!

lasher has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lasher has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lasher has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lasher has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lasher has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lasher has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lasher has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lasher has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lasher has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lasher has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lasher has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    I did call you fools...but I don't really think you're a fool. I think you're oppressed, mentally. You think you feel gods presence in your life? You have a mystical feeling? Hearing voices, not quite a voice but some kind of emotional/spiritual acknowledgement of a certain circumstance? What is one reason you can offer that you are not just deluding yourself? That you're not 'talking to yourself'? Replace that feeling from 'god' with an 'alien from another galaxy'...and you're just on the same ground as far as evidence is concerned.

Logic is not perspective based. That's the point of logic. It's valid whether or not you like it or agree with it. I also use plenty of rhetoric as does anybody else who argues...because people usually aren't persuaded by logic because their emotions have such a strong grip over their mind.
    You are officially the master of wordy posts that say nothing. Do you love the sound of your own voice as well?

The US wasn't founded by people who wanted freedom for people to believe whatever they choose. They had very specific ideas about what they wanted people to be able to believe and choose.
    !
    This is a false statement. I'll assume you are just ignorant rather than lying outright.
    Last edited by lasher; 03-09-2013 at 04:05 AM.
    'On many levels, mathematics itself operates as Whiteness. Who gets credit for doing and developing mathematics, who is capable in mathematics, and who is seen as part of the mathematical community is generally viewed as White' - Rochelle Gutierrez, Professor of Mathematics at the University of Illinois.

Originally Posted by lasher View Post
    You are officially the master of wordy posts that say nothing. Do you love the sound of your own voice as well?

This is a false statement. I'll assume you are just ignorant rather than lying outright.
    I think you're crab costume may be impeding your ability to hear or see. It is pretty cool though. Rhetorically that comment is a great thing to say if you have no idea of what somebody is talking about or can't bear to engage it. I think you're really full of hot air and don't think very well and write even worse so if you see a challenge you always fall back on well...what comes to your mind. garbage.

And regarding the ignorant comment...

There's a difference between the final result and what the individual 'founders' had in mind. Just read up on the history of the constitution, how it was written, the revisions and why, as well as the bill of rights. Each change had a reason and they were often highly political in the sense they were made because of the need for support. The fact that you appear to be a slavish shill and at the same time masochistic, and wrong...well, I'm somewhat inclined to think you're an athiest troll.

so...tell us. tell us of your love for jesus. tell us how you strive to be like him and turn the other cheek when somebody slaps you. how you strive to help the most wretched in society which are denounced by your peers (nice thread on athiests in jail btw...). has god spoken to you? what did he say? did he make you feel something? what was it? did he tickle your crabby claws? do you even know how the christian bible was compiled? was that gods work? how about that old testament? did you like the monty python movie, 'the life of brian'?

I think you're crab costume may be impeding your ability to hear or see. It is pretty cool though. Rhetorically that comment is a great thing to say if you have no idea of what somebody is talking about or can't bear to engage it.

There was nothing to engage. All I saw was empty bluster and mental masterbation. You don't make any arguments. You don't make any points. You just assert your opinion as if it were a brute fact. It isn't.

I think you're really full of hot air and don't think very well and write even worse so if you see a challenge you always fall back on well...what comes to your mind. garbage.
    Sure okay. See above for an answer to this. Because it's exactly the same crap you usually spew.

so...tell us. tell us of your love for jesus. tell us how you strive to be like him and turn the other cheek when somebody slaps you. how you strive to help the most wretched in society which are denounced by your peers (nice thread on athiests in jail btw...). has god spoken to you? what did he say? did he make you feel something? what was it? did he tickle your crabby claws? do you even know how the christian bible was compiled? was that gods work? how about that old testament? did you like the monty python movie, 'the life of brian'?
    More incoherent babble. BRB shotgunning 50 unrelated propositions together to sound like I'm making a point.

There was nothing to engage. All I saw was empty bluster and mental masterbation. You don't make any arguments. You don't make any points. You just assert your opinion as if it were a brute fact. It isn't.

Sure okay. See above for an answer to this. Because it's exactly the same crap you usually spew.

More incoherent babble. BRB shotgunning 50 unrelated propositions together to sound like I'm making a point.
    save your breath and say 'nahna nana boo bo'. it's what you're doing.

i'll take you're lack of attention to each question in turn as ignorance, inneptitude, laziness, and foolishness.

yet you still back the position positing grandeur with no good reason. you're the best atheist troll ever

repped on spread for cleverness.
    Last edited by GreatOldOne; 03-09-2013 at 07:26 PM.

save your breath and say 'nahna nana boo bo'. it's what you're doing.

yet you can't answer one. you're defeated by any one of 50 single BB's?
    Last edited by GreatOldOne; 03-09-2013 at 07:37 PM.

emoticons also are a proof for jesus...it's been studied. AND WHAT is up with the crabsuit. it's awesome. what's the story?

I know you're from Florida...lol. but it's ok really.

answer one.

I know you're from Florida...lol. but it's ok really.

answer one.

The thread on atheists in jail was satire. As all 200 people posting in the thread could figure out except you and maybe 3 others. Well done.

The thread on atheists in jail was satire. As all 200 people posting in the thread could figure out except you and maybe 3 others. Well done.
    so you are an athiest troll? if so you got me. LOL. otherwise you have horrible taste and mind really.

if not an athiest troll:

so...tell us. tell us of your love for jesus. tell us how you strive to be like him and turn the other cheek when somebody slaps you. how you strive to help the most wretched in society which are denounced by your peers (lol that athiest in jail thread, right very funny). has god spoken to you? what did he say? did he make you feel something? what was it? did he tickle your crabby claws? do you even know how the christian bible was compiled? was that gods work? how about that old testament? did you like the monty python movie, 'the life of brian'?

so you are an athiest troll? if so you got me. LOL. otherwise you have horrible taste and mind really.

if not an athiest troll:
    No, I am not an atheist troll. And everyone else found the thread highly amusing, because they have, you know, a sense of humor, unlike you apparently.

so...tell us. tell us of your love for jesus. tell us how you strive to be like him and turn the other cheek when somebody slaps you. how you strive to help the most wretched in society which are denounced by your peers (lol that athiest in jail thread, right very funny). has god spoken to you? what did he say? did he make you feel something? what was it? did he tickle your crabby claws? do you even know how the christian bible was compiled? was that gods work? how about that old testament? did you like the monty python movie, 'the life of brian'?
    Why do you keep repeating this rambling block of disconnected front loaded insulting questions? Why would you think anyone would want to interact with someone that comes across as such a douche? Keep hustling' cuz.

WrongSideof40 will become famous soon enough. (+50) WrongSideof40 will become famous soon enough. (+50) WrongSideof40 will become famous soon enough. (+50) WrongSideof40 will become famous soon enough. (+50) WrongSideof40 will become famous soon enough. (+50) WrongSideof40 will become famous soon enough. (+50) WrongSideof40 will become famous soon enough. (+50) WrongSideof40 will become famous soon enough. (+50) WrongSideof40 will become famous soon enough. (+50) WrongSideof40 will become famous soon enough. (+50) WrongSideof40 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

The US wasn't founded by people who wanted freedom for people to believe whatever they choose. They had very specific ideas about what they wanted people to be able to believe and choose. It's a facinating topic what they individually believed, but not for here.

Who am I to call your beliefs wrong? The one without wool pulled over his eyes. The one without such deep seeded fear that even logic becomes meaningless compared to my 'feelings'. I don't attempt to squash you're freedom of religion. I encourage you to exercise that freedom and wake up!

It's too bad really, that you are so far down the path of the religion of science. I could argue your points, I could share my experiences that led me to God, I could share that as a child I was allowed to make my own choices concerning my faith, I could share of my disappointment with organized religions the world over, but have learned to separate faith from religion. However, I really see no point in continuing this discourse ... We are too far apart in our beliefs for this conversation not to degenerate into something less than pleasant. Good luck to you ...
    Outside the rain fell dark and slow
    While I pondered on this dangerous but irresistible pastime .............. I knew the moment had arrived
    For killing the past and coming back to life.

David Gilmour

Originally Posted by WrongSideof40 View Post

It's too bad really, that you are so far down the path of the religion of science. I could argue your points, I could share my experiences that led me to God, I could share that as a child I was allowed to make my own choices concerning my faith, I could share of my disappointment with organized religions the world over, but have learned to separate faith from religion. However, I really see no point in continuing this discourse ... We are too far apart in our beliefs for this conversation not to degenerate into something less than pleasant. Good luck to you ...
    And you as well. I bear you no ill will. happy days to you.

No, I am not an atheist troll. And everyone else found the thread highly amusing, because they have, you know, a sense of humor, unlike you apparently.

Why do you keep repeating this rambling block of disconnected front loaded insulting questions? Why would you think anyone would want to interact with someone that comes across as such a douche? Keep hustling' cuz.
    I know you don't want to interact with me because you know I bring destruction upon your house of cards. If you engage me in any serious way about your beliefs they will be dismantled one by one. That's why I keep spouting off that block of cheese because each sentance in that block of cheese is a question to which if you respond you will be shredded.

But really you shouldn't take it that way. I actually like you and your crab outfit. Athiests have generally figured out that it is completely useless to discuss religion with 'normal people'. Because you will not listen in any way. It makes what I'm doing both sadistic (because it's like kicking a puppy, playing with insects, telling a child there is no santa clause and easter bunny)...and masochistic (because nobody smart comes on bb.com for a religious debate).

My point is. You have no chance. Explain your beliefs if you dare. You know mine.