Page 2 of 191 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 102 ... LastLast
    NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Power_Strike92 View Post
    At first it was ok, but the science aspect drove me nuts. Since I switched last semester, I only learned basic stuff, but the semester coming up has me taking more advanced classes, so hopefully I learn a ton more.
    Yeah I hear you on that! I love that aspect of it though so it works out for me haha! Awesome your getting into more advanced classes! I'm only going into my sophomore year so I'm still at the lesser end of the advanced courses!
    advertising not permitted

Power_Strike92 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Power_Strike92 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Power_Strike92 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Power_Strike92 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Power_Strike92 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Power_Strike92 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Power_Strike92 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Power_Strike92 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Power_Strike92 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Power_Strike92 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Power_Strike92 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by NaturalPursuit View Post
    Yeah I hear you on that! I love that aspect of it though so it works out for me haha! Awesome your getting into more advanced classes! I'm only going into my sophomore year so I'm still at the lesser end of the advanced courses!
    Lulz, i'm going to be a sophomore too.

NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Lulz, i'm going to be a sophomore too.
    Ah right on! Gotta love the combo of bodybuilding, college, and working 2 jobs ...srs

"Woke up 3.5 lbs lighter than on Monday...time to bump my macros up and KILL THIS WORKOUT!!! BACK DAY...rotation 2... HERE I COME!!!"

#2 - Ab Circuit - 2 sets (no break in between exercises)

1. Decline crunches (chest out, hands up in front of face)-
    23. 24.

2. Decline twists (hands out in front, face forward)-
    23. 24.

3. Hip thrusts-
    23. 24.

4. Flat Quick crunches (knees bent and toes locked under something, chest out, hands on knees from finger tips to wrists)-
    42. 50.

abs were SCREAMING for mercy after the first circuit...so I added an additional rep to the second

BACK TIME...2 second holds on every rep...you know the goal...

Warm up:
    I, Y, T- 2 set
    5 x 10

Non weighted Wide grip pull ups- 5 quick sets (about 20 second in between)
    (as wide as possible) 5. 5. 5. 5. 4.

BLOOD IS FLOWIN AND I'M READY TO WORK!

Close grip pulldowns- 2 sets
    135 x 8
    120 x 9 dropped 105 x 5

T bar rows (body nearly 90 degrees bent)- 2 sets
    5 25 lb plates + 10 (135) x 10
    4 25 lb plates + 15 (110) x 12 dropped 3 25 lb plates + 15 (85) x 12

HUUUUUGE PULLS AND CRAAAAZY CONTRACTIONS!!!

Wide grip Reverse pulldowns- 2 sets
    (middle finger placed where bar bends)
    120 x 11
    (4 second holds) 127.5 x 6 dropped 105 x 6

**cable bar pullovers to stretch- (standing straight up, wrists on bar)
    70 x 16

Rear delt time! OUT WORK!!!

Rear delt underhand straight bar cable row ss db rear delt fly- 2 sets
    Cable row)-120 x 10
    110 x 11 dropped 95 x 8

Db rear delt- 25 x 20
    25 x 12

MORE!!!

Single arm rear delt db row- 2 sets
    (8-10 reps) 80 x 9
    (20 reps) 70 x 20

Biceps ss traps!!!...minimum of 5 second squeezes on EVERY REP OF TRAPS!!!

Standing bb curl ss Bb behind the back shrug- 2 sets
    Standing bb curl (45 lb bar)- 7.5 ps x 16
    20 ps x 5

Bb behind shrug- 185 x 8
    135 x 16

GOTTA GET BIGGER!!! MUST PUSH IT!!!

Simultanious Db hammer curl ss front bb shrug- 2 sets
    Db hammer curl- 35 x 16
    40 x 10 dropped 20 x 16

Front bb shrug- 135 x 12
    135 x 22

**weighted Hangs to stretch- 45 lb plate x 1 min

...my body is responding PERFECTLY to everything this offseason...my training has been INSANE...my nutrition is SPOT ON...and my metabolism is BURNING LIKE A FURNACE!!!...TIME...TO...GROW...

NGA\IFPA Pro Bodybuilder fltallpaul's Avatar
    fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Solid sessions and great rebound strategy!
    Contest Prep Coach

Paul@ProPhysique.com

Core Nutritionals/Outwork Apparel Athlete

NGA & IFPA Pro Bodybuilder

Reach for your ankles Mundungus's Avatar
    Mundungus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mundungus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mundungus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mundungus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mundungus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mundungus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mundungus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mundungus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mundungus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mundungus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mundungus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Good eats and workouts broski!

Quick question - You are still so lean, is the cardio really necessary since you are looking to add mass? It almost seems counterproductive considering your goals, current build and the amount of cardio per week.

Keep up the good work!
    *SCC*
    *Texas Crew*
    *Ginger Crew*
    *Dad Crew*

Rypt1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rypt1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rypt1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rypt1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rypt1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rypt1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rypt1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rypt1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rypt1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rypt1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rypt1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Mundungus View Post

Quick question - You are still so lean, is the cardio really necessary since you are looking to add mass? It almost seems counterproductive considering your goals, current build and the amount of cardio per week.

Keep up the good work!
    Yeah, I second this. In my offseason I virtually went to zero cardio unless it was for fun (biking with kids, basketball, etc). Then, once I started prep again, I kept cardio low for as low as possible. Also, I'm not sure it is the best to work abs everyday. You'll work your core a lot with compound exercises like deadlifts. You also want to work abs like any other muscle, adding weight progressively (like you are doing) but maybe once or twice a week. I'm no expert, so I'll let others chime in if I'm way off on this.

Originally Posted by fltallpaul View Post
    Solid sessions and great rebound strategy!
    Thanks man! Gotta try harder!

Originally Posted by Mundungus View Post

Keep up the good work!
    Originally Posted by Rypt1 View Post
    Yeah, I second this. In my offseason I virtually went to zero cardio unless it was for fun (biking with kids, basketball, etc). Then, once I started prep again, I kept cardio low for as low as possible. Also, I'm not sure it is the best to work abs everyday. You'll work your core a lot with compound exercises like deadlifts. You also want to work abs like any other muscle, adding weight progressively (like you are doing) but maybe once or twice a week. I'm no expert, so I'll let others chime in if I'm way off on this.
    Thanks for stopping in guys! Love the input and VERY open to any advice!!!!

As for the cardio, I want to keep in 2 moderate intensity sessions @ 30 mins each because I actually enjoy it! Like..really hahaha. I've dropped the HIIT session so that once my next prep starts (in x years), it'll really burn up some mad calories and boost that metabolism even more!

As for the ab work, in the past, I use to work abs every day and they were actually a strong point of mine...when I began bodybuilding I was told to treat them like every other muscle group as well. Since then they have not grown, nor gotten stronger...even with all the extra work from compound movements, my core seemed to stay stagnant.

So I decided to try out what worked for me before when I began this offseason (about a month ago) and since I have started, my core strength has improved SIGNIFICANTLY. Not only strength wise, but look wise as well! They seem to be getting more thick/dense...not quite sure how to describe it but they have changed for the better so far.

If I feel my core progress begin to diminish or regress, I will DEFINITELY assess it...but for now, it seems to be workin out pretty good!

Again, I really appreciate your input guys! I'm here to learn so keep the questions and suggestions coming!!!

Some eats

Post Workout peas and broccoli

Forgot to snap some pics so had to find some online...these don't look half as good as mine tho

Tilapia

Rare Rib-Eye

will be sure to snap pics of my concoctions for today

Well, today was suppose to be a leg day for me...but sadly my quads, hamstrings, and glutes were still a little sore...this is one thing I need to ensure I do this offseason...ALLOW MY BODY TO RECOVER!!!...I've always had a hard time "holding" myself back from a workout but, in the long run, it will allow me to gain MORE muscle mass and will help me overall...

"Enough talk...my calves and abs are fine...LET'S KILL THOSE!!! WEAKPOINT AND CARDIO DAY...HERE...I...COME..."

...last time I did my #1 ab circuit, I was able to hit hanging leg raises and crossbody crunches for 30 good reps before failing...TIME TO ADD SOME INTENSITY TO THIS!!!

#1 - Ab Circuit - 2 sets (no break in between exercises)

1. Hanging leg raises (legs straight)-
    pause at top x 12

2. Crossbody crunches-
    pause at top x 12

3. Planks (imagine pulling elbows into knees)-
    +25 lbs x 55 seconds

4. Bench reverse crunch (knees bent)-

core is CRUSHED!...DOUG MILLER CALVES...gotta make em grow!!!

#3 - Calves

Leg press calf press- 2 sets
    4 pps x 10
    3 pps x 14 dropped 2 pps x 10

Seated calf press ss standing body master machine calf press- 2 sets
    Seated- 135 x 10
    90 x 22
    Standing- 130 x 10
    85 x 22

...my weak core was a thing of the past...IT WILL IMPROVE!!!

#3 - Abs Weighted

Machine twist ss floor plate twists- 2 sets
    Machine- 40 x 15
    50 x 10
    Floor- 10 x 20
    25 x 20

Bar decline crunch (weight held in front)- 2 sets
    45 lb bar x 8
    45 lb bar x 8 into top half rep (constant tension) 25 lb plate x 12

Decline reverse crunches- 2 sets
    (pull knees to nose)
    13. 14.

BIIG BUUUURN!!! Cardio time ...gotta beat 3.04 miles within 30 mins...

Life Fitness Elliptical:
    Difficulty- lvl 10
    Distance - 3.45 miles
    Time - 30 mins

...although I had to hold myself back from attacking legs today, I was happy I didn't have to take off the day completely!

...calves, abs, back, legs, or whatever body part I have to train that day...I can promise you it will get hit with FEROCIOUS INTENSITY...every muscle = THE SAME...every muscle WILL GROW...

UPDATE:
    Macros are still being increased and my body is handling them EXTREMELY WELL!...I always knew I trained hard and gave every session everything I had but now it is a lot more clear to me just how important it is to eat ENOUGH. I think in the past I was under eating and wasn't taking in enough to support my training style. Although I've seen results, I really feel that this offseason will end with a HUGE difference in muscle gain.

My body seems to respond great to moderate protein, higher carbs, and higher fat. I am looking BIG...LEAN...and feeling STRONG...as well as feeling tremendous all around! Will update with my macros once my weight stays steady and doesn't drop

Rypt1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rypt1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rypt1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rypt1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rypt1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rypt1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rypt1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rypt1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rypt1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rypt1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rypt1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by NaturalPursuit View Post

UPDATE:
    Macros are still being increased and my body is handling them EXTREMELY WELL!...I always knew I trained hard and gave every session everything I had but now it is a lot more clear to me just how important it is to eat ENOUGH. I think in the past I was under eating and wasn't taking in enough to support my training style. Although I've seen results, I really feel that this offseason will end with a HUGE difference in muscle gain.

My body seems to respond great to moderate protein, higher carbs, and higher fat. I am looking BIG...LEAN...and feeling STRONG...as well as feeling tremendous all around! Will update with my macros once my weight stays steady and doesn't drop
    Looks like you have the plan and you're really executing it. Great job so far and loving the intensity!

Looks like you have the plan and you're really executing it. Great job so far and loving the intensity!
    Thanks man! Its funny...I'm actually surprised at the amount of calories my body can handle!

gotta bring MORE INTENSITY THO!!!

CEO - Vandelay Industries viennafat's Avatar
    viennafat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) viennafat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) viennafat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) viennafat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) viennafat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) viennafat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) viennafat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) viennafat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) viennafat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) viennafat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) viennafat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I missed the new log.

I'm in for the journey!

Intensity as usual is at maximum levels.
    You are really killing your core. Abs will be like chiseled rock!
    Awesome work being put in, Alex.

I like the food pics, too.
    Architect, Marine Biologist, Importer-Exporter, Latex Manufacturing.

Shazriki is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shazriki is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shazriki is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shazriki is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shazriki is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shazriki is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shazriki is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shazriki is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shazriki is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shazriki is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shazriki is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Just got caught up with the last couple of pages Alex. Looks like your reverse is going awesomely as well dude! And of course you're bringing it with the standard insane training intensity! Love it!

So where exactly are your macros sitting now?

Bloody but unbowed fittofattofit's Avatar
    fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Still killing it on the intensity Alex - you really hammered your legs if you've still got the DOMS 3 days later and that was a big effort on the pull day - your pulls are really getting a lot stronger since you went into 'reverse'
    That core and calf day looked awesome --- my abs are cramping and my calves burning just after reading it

I'm keen to see what your macros settle at --- I would have thought that with the amount of training that you do that your BMR will be sky high --- I suspect that you could seriously bump your cals and still keep the gains lean!
    "Better to wear out than rust out!"

Squat 165kg/363lbs
    Deadlift 190kg/418lbs

The Midnight Milkman juicydanglers's Avatar
    juicydanglers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) juicydanglers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) juicydanglers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) juicydanglers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) juicydanglers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) juicydanglers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) juicydanglers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) juicydanglers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) juicydanglers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) juicydanglers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) juicydanglers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    FUARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRK

i forgot to sub to the dam log

bend me over alex

i deserve it...this time
    They said you were done!

they said you had no chance!

will you sacrifice to win?

Originally Posted by viennafat View Post
    I missed the new log.

I'm in for the journey!

Intensity as usual is at maximum levels.
    You are really killing your core. Abs will be like chiseled rock!
    Awesome work being put in, Alex.

I like the food pics, too.
    Glad to have you in here bro!!! Gotta make these abs STRONG and SHREDDED!

Going to push it harder bro! Btw, hows the pec feelin? Forgot to check your log to see how it was recovering from that last chest session

Originally Posted by Shazriki View Post
    Just got caught up with the last couple of pages Alex. Looks like your reverse is going awesomely as well dude! And of course you're bringing it with the standard insane training intensity! Love it!

So where exactly are your macros sitting now?
    Thanks man! I'm 5 weeks post show and after really listening to my body and playing around with macros, I'm close to finding the numbers I need to hit in order to maintain...once I can find those all I gotta do is eat a little more

It's funny...the past couple days I've been at 195 protein / 280 carbs / 75 fat and I'm STILL LOOSING WEIGHT...my body is just absorbing everything! Gunna have to play around and see what to do from here lol

Originally Posted by fittofattofit View Post
    Still killing it on the intensity Alex - you really hammered your legs if you've still got the DOMS 3 days later and that was a big effort on the pull day - your pulls are really getting a lot stronger since you went into 'reverse'
    That core and calf day looked awesome --- my abs are cramping and my calves burning just after reading it

I'm keen to see what your macros settle at --- I would have thought that with the amount of training that you do that your BMR will be sky high --- I suspect that you could seriously bump your cals and still keep the gains lean!
    Thanks man! I killed em today! As soon as a muscle group is recovered...KILL IT AGAIN!

Its funny you mention about "seriously bumping up cals"...after I talked with a couple pros and got their views on the matter and put my spin on it, I'm eating WAAAY more now than ever and still staying lean but looking BIGGER!

Originally Posted by juicydanglers View Post
    FUARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRK

i forgot to sub to the dam log

bend me over alex

i deserve it...this time
    LMAO! Glad to have you subbed bro!

as for the bending over...maybe later lmao!

...Leg day...a day that seperates the boys from the men and the average from the legendary...if you've ever trained legs hard, and I mean "throwing up and unable to walk HARD"...then you'll know there's a switch you need to turn on before you begin to prepare yourself for the pain your about to put yourself through...my problem is...

I. cant. turn. that. switch. off.

#2 - Ab Circuit - 2 sets (no break in between exercises)

1. Decline crunches (chest out, hands up in front of face)-

2. Decline twists (hands out in front, face forward)-

3. Hip thrusts-

4. Flat Quick crunches (knees bent and toes locked under something, chest out, hands on knees from finger tips to wrists)-

Had to REALLY push it on that circuit! Abs felt on FIRE!!!...now...mentally ready to ATTACK LEGZZZ!!!

Leg press (knees to chest ; seat up)- 2 sets
    6 pps x 8
    5 pps x 10 dropped 4 pps x 12 dropped into a pause set 3 pps x 20 (pause after 10 reps for 5 seconds)

Hit 540 lbs for 8 DEEP reps! KNEES TO CHEST! Got up after drop set, stumbled over to the garbage can, bent over, threw up...took a drink of water and then STRAIGHT INTO EXTENSIONS!!!

(2 second holds) single machine extensions- 2 sets
    55 x 11
    60 x 8 dropped into no hold 35 x 12 (forced reps if nesecary)

HUGE effort now! Time to add front squats BACK INTO MY LEG WORKOUTS!...going armpits to knees deep on these!

Close stance bb front squats- 2 sets
    (armpits to knees)
    135 x 8
    155 x 6 dropped 95 x 16

Azz hit the floor after BOTH sets!

Bb sldl- 2 sets
    (ROM stops 3/4 way up - constant tension on hamstrings and glutes)
    185 x 9
    135 x 16

MORE!!! NEVER GUNNA QUIT!!!

Wide Lying leg curl- 2 sets
    (2 second holds and SLOW negatives)
    65 x 10
    55 x 10 dropped 40 x 11

nope...not done yet!!!

Close Seated leg curls- 2 sets
    (2 second holds and SLOW negatives)
    75 x 11
    80 x 9 dropped 65 x 16

Ab/adductor- 1 set to failure
    Away- 90 x 20
    In- 90 x 20

lower back time! FINISH THIS WORKOUT OFF!!!

Hyper ss Reverse hypers- 1 set
    (2 second holds, weight held behind head)
    Hyper- 5 x 12
    Reverse- 0 x 20

...time to really crank up the intensity...DEADLIFTS...yea, deadlifts as my finishing exercise...I hope your mentally and physically ready to push it...

Deadlift- 2 sets
    (5 second negatives)
    185 x 12
    235 x 6 dropped 135 x 16

AMAZING workout! Hittin PR's...pushing my muscles past failure...and...GROWING!!!

a couple eats from the past few days

Breaded and Fried Zucchini

Breaded and Fried Pork Chops

Ground Turkey with General Tso's Sauce...pic doesnt do it justice...tasted AMAZING!!!

Banana with peanut butter and buncha crunch (left) and Pudding Filled Chocolate Iced Donut (right)

Broccoli and Green Peas with garlic salt

Creme Filled Chocolate Iced Donut (left) and Blueberry Glazed Donut

Bloody but unbowed fittofattofit's Avatar
    fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Great leg day Alex
    It would be a few years since I've had a vomit on leg day --- you're making me feel guilty about my lack of commitment

Big effort on leg pressing 540, and great drop-set of the fronts. I can't believe that you finished that session with deads!
    'mirim the intensity, the PRs and the food p0rn!
    "Better to wear out than rust out!"

Squat 165kg/363lbs
    Deadlift 190kg/418lbs

Originally Posted by fittofattofit View Post
    Great leg day Alex
    It would be a few years since I've had a vomit on leg day --- you're making me feel guilty about my lack of commitment

Big effort on leg pressing 540, and great drop-set of the fronts. I can't believe that you finished that session with deads!
    'mirim the intensity, the PRs and the food p0rn!
    LMAO! Thanks for all the kind words man! If I don't either A. Throw up or B. Fall over, then I didn't hit my workout hard enough.

Finishing with deads was something I've been wanting to do for a while now! The amount of physical and mental strain you get put under is AMAZING!

Personal Update:

For those who have followed me from my previous journal you'll know that over the past couple of years, I've written around 5 or so full-length books (around 200-300 pages.) Writing has always been a sort of hobby of mine and I've recently begun writing a new story, this one however, I am planning on sending in for publishing...something I've never done before! I've written EVERYTHING from fantasy to thriller to mystery...but this new story of mine is a combination of genres that I have never seen in a movie or in a book so I am extremely excited about it! I decided to post this today because this log is a journey of my life and I have been stuck on one part of my book for a couple weeks now and today, on the ride home from the gym, it hit me...and I knew how to proceed in my book! I'll be sure to keep updates as it progresses!

Well, woke up with INSAAANE DOMs today and will be taking my planned rest day and letting my body recover!

Macros have been around 195-200 protein / 280-380 carbs / 75-100 fat

I have to say I'm really surprised that with these macros I look bigger than ever before while staying lean!...and oddly enough, more vascularity than ever! Macros will hold around these numbers for at least a few more days before I change anything

"Legs still DESTROYED from saturday's workout...but what's this?...my chest isn't sore anymore?...you know we can't have that!"

CHEST DAY! ROTATION 1!

#1 - Ab Circuit - 2 sets (no break in between exercises)

1. Hanging leg raises (legs straight)-
    pause at top x 14

2. Crossbody crunches-
    pause at top x 14

3. Planks (imagine pulling elbows into knees)-
    +25 lbs x 60 seconds
    +45 lbs x 30 seconds

4. Bench reverse crunch (knees bent)-

as always I begin BIG and attack my core!

**Scaps:
    I, Y, T- 2 sets
    5 x 10

...mind is focused...muscles are ready...AND INTENSITY IS SKY HIGH!!!

Flat bb- 2 sets
    135 x 8
    145 x 4 dropped 115 x 10

focusing on contractions! SQUEEZING HAARD!!!

Incline bb- 2 sets
    105 x 8
    115 x 4 dropped 85 x 10

PUSH HARDER!

30 degree Incline db- 2 sets
    40 x 10
    45 x 6 into incline db flys 20 x 12

COME ON! GOTTA FORCE THESE MUSCLES TO GROW!!!

Bb upright row- 2 sets
    (45 lb bar)
    95 x 10
    105 x 7 dropped 85 x 10

Intense pump!!!

Db Arnold Press- 2 sets
    (3 secod negatives)
    35 x 8
    25 x 12

CRAAZZZY contractions!!! Finish these delts off!!!

Standing Db side lateral- 2 sets
    (pause at top and squeeze on bottom ; db at sides)
    25 x 10
    (2 cheat sets into 2 strict sets) 40 x 5 dropped 30 x 9 into strict sets 25 x 9 dropped 12 x 9

***dips to stretch out- 2 quick sets
    +25 lbs x 6
    0 x 10

chest and delts are DEAD!!!...triceps on the other hand...NEED. MORE. WORK.

Pulldowns- 2 sets
    (split life fitness machine ; 2 second holds)
    (single rope) 15 x 10
    (overhand curl bar) 45 x 12 dropped 35 x 12

FINISH EM OFF!!!

Bb close grip bench- 2 sets
    95 x 9
    115 x 6 dropped 85 x 12

CALVES #1 - reps then drop - 2 second holds on every rep

Seated calf press- 2 sets
    180 x 10
    180 x 9 dropped into no holds 135 x 12

Standing smith machine calf press- 2 sets
    (standing on bumper plates)
    335 x 10
    365 x 8 dropped 315 x 9 dropped 225 x 12 dropped 135 x 21

pushin PAST failure! NO QUIT!

#1 - Abs Weighted

Weighted hanging leg raise (db between feet, dip platform)- 2 sets
    5 lb db x 11
    5 lb db x 11 dropped 0 x 11

(10-12 reps) Db side bend- 2 sets
    70 x 12
    75 x 10 dropped 65 x 10

Rope Cable crunches- 2 sets
    (2 second holds at bottom)
    140 x 12
    150 x 8 dropped 120 x 22

...pushing MORE weight for MORE reps with BETTER contractions...GROWTH!!!

Good work on the chest workout. Looks like a good amount of volume and your intensity was off the charts!

CEO - Vandelay Industries viennafat's Avatar
    viennafat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) viennafat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) viennafat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) viennafat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) viennafat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) viennafat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) viennafat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) viennafat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) viennafat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) viennafat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) viennafat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Crazy leg day and awesome food! Good stuff, Alex.

Killed the chest and the abs again! Your core must be hating you these days.

Good luck with the book! Sounds very interesting.

Feel free to base a character on myself.
    Architect, Marine Biologist, Importer-Exporter, Latex Manufacturing.

Good work on the chest workout. Looks like a good amount of volume and your intensity was off the charts!
    Thanks man! With all the cals I'm able to eat now my intensity is just gunna keep rising!

Originally Posted by viennafat View Post
    Crazy leg day and awesome food! Good stuff, Alex.

Killed the chest and the abs again! Your core must be hating you these days.

Good luck with the book! Sounds very interesting.

Feel free to base a character on myself.
    Thanks man! And yeah...my entire body tends to hate me since there's always SOME muscle thats sore and recovering hahah

And hmm....the possibilites of a character based on you are endless lmao

Power_Strike92 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Power_Strike92 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Power_Strike92 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Power_Strike92 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Power_Strike92 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Power_Strike92 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Power_Strike92 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Power_Strike92 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Power_Strike92 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Power_Strike92 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Power_Strike92 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Dude that's awesome with the book!

Dude that's awesome with the book!
    Thanks man! Its always been a side hobby of mine but now I want to take it a little more seriously...we'll see though...writing is like bodybuilding...the more time the better hahaha

Spidey22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Spidey22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Spidey22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Spidey22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Spidey22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Spidey22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Spidey22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Spidey22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Spidey22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Spidey22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Spidey22 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Good luck with the book brother. That's awesome.

Maybe I missed it, but you have a 'goal' weight of hitting whilst gaining?