svartberg is just really nice. (+1000) svartberg is just really nice. (+1000) svartberg is just really nice. (+1000) svartberg is just really nice. (+1000) svartberg is just really nice. (+1000) svartberg is just really nice. (+1000) svartberg is just really nice. (+1000) svartberg is just really nice. (+1000) svartberg is just really nice. (+1000) svartberg is just really nice. (+1000) svartberg is just really nice. (+1000)

Iron Gym (Pullup Bar) Grip Replacement ?

Been using it for a while, and almost all foam grips are torn. (bar still at excellent condition though)
    Anyone had any experience replacing/fixing those ?

svartberg is just really nice. (+1000) svartberg is just really nice. (+1000) svartberg is just really nice. (+1000) svartberg is just really nice. (+1000) svartberg is just really nice. (+1000) svartberg is just really nice. (+1000) svartberg is just really nice. (+1000) svartberg is just really nice. (+1000) svartberg is just really nice. (+1000) svartberg is just really nice. (+1000) svartberg is just really nice. (+1000)
    Cool I've figured this out following this guide.
    Just used random cheap bike grips, used bit liquid dish soap to get them on the power gym, nice fit and feels much higher quality.

yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    This is a good idea. I think I'll do the same. Reps!!
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member No.19

Proud Owner of an Irish Tan

KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by svartberg View Post
    Just used random cheap bike grips, used bit liquid dish soap to get them on the power gym, nice fit and feels much higher quality.
    Nicely done! Reps from me too, after recharge.

A tip for getting bicycle handlebar grips on and off is to use an air compressor with a pointy nozzle. I read about this in a cycling forum one time and couldn't believe how well it worked when I tried it.
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #35
    -!!!---!!!- No Excuses Homemade Equipment Crew #14

Originally Posted by KBKB View Post
    Nicely done! Reps from me too, after recharge.

A tip for getting bicycle handlebar grips on and off is to use an air compressor with a pointy nozzle. I read about this in a cycling forum one time and couldn't believe how well it worked when I tried it.
    Cheers mate, that's a cool idea, definitely gonna try next time !
    I wonder if it positively/negatively effects how good the fit is eventually, cause atm with the liquid soap it's really nice and snug.

KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by svartberg View Post
    Cheers mate, that's a cool idea, definitely gonna try next time !
    I wonder if it positively/negatively effects how good the fit is eventually, cause atm with the liquid soap it's really nice and snug.
    I've heard of various things, including hair spray, for sliding grips on and off handlebars. The compressor works great because you're not introducing anything new between the metal of the bar and the grip material. But, even so, there is sometimes slippage, which is why clamp on grips have become popular.

For your application, I think that what you did was fine.
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #35
    -!!!---!!!- No Excuses Homemade Equipment Crew #14

Home gym 'til I die. ProtienandIron's Avatar
    ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I used to work in a golf club factory and we used to use a compressor to put on the grips. First we would put doeble sided tape on the shaft, then we would cover the tape in white spirit which takes away the stickiness and helps the grip slip on, and then place the grips on with the compressed air poking through the back of the handle. The white spirit dries and the tape takes hold.

be careful with the dish soap metal. I did this when I was younger with my body solid dip bars (you used to have to fit the grips yourself) and for years after the grips would move about. Now days people would call it 'instability training' and sell it for thousands to the crossfit crowd.
    Last edited by ProtienandIron; 08-07-2012 at 10:39 AM.
    My training log:
    ---------------
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=153596291&p=1062453741#post1062453741

[]---[] Equipment Crew #43 []---[]
    -!!!---!!!- No Excuses Homemade Equipment Crew #1 -!!!---!!!-
    ()---() York Barbell Club #4 ()---()

I've heard of various things, including hair spray, for sliding grips on and off handlebars. The compressor works great because you're not introducing anything new between the metal of the bar and the grip material. But, even so, there is sometimes slippage, which is why clamp on grips have become popular.

For your application, I think that what you did was fine.
    Cheers mate, ye I guess it doesn't really matter as long as it gets the job done ey

Originally Posted by ProtienandIron View Post
    I used to work in a golf club factory and we used to use a compressor to put on the grips. First we would put doeble sided tape on the shaft, then we would cover the tape in white spirit which takes away the stickiness and helps the grip slip on, and then place the grips on with the compressed air poking through the back of the handle. The white spirit dries and the tape takes hold.

be careful with the dish soap metal. I did this when I was younger with my body solid dip bars (you used to have to fit the grips yourself) and for years after the grips would move about. Now days people would call it 'instability training' and sell it for thousands to the crossfit crowd.
    Ah ok cheers, I see what you mean - however in this case after 1-2 weeks the grips actually became really snug, I have also heard from others they got a nice tight fit as well with liquid soap.

Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    The best thing I've found to install grips on motorcycles and mountain bikes is Aquanet hairspray. It's very slippery while it's wet, but dries into a stiff glue-like substance. The little trial size cans are cheap and will last a long time if you're only using it to install grips.
    "What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

"An adult male weighs at least 200 pounds." - Mark Rippetoe

▪█──█▪ Equipment Crew #44 ▪█──█▪

||---|| Rogue Barbell Club #11 ||---||

a year passed and was time to replace one of the grips
    put bit of soap & water inside the grips first (instead on the bars), was so much easier to get them in that way

Originally Posted by Stasher1 View Post
    The best thing I've found to install grips on motorcycles and mountain bikes is Aquanet hairspray. It's very slippery while it's wet, but dries into a stiff glue-like substance. The little trial size cans are cheap and will last a long time if you're only using it to install grips.
    That sounds awesome, will try it out next time

I've heard of various things, including hair spray, for sliding grips on and off handlebars.
    Originally Posted by Stasher1 View Post
    Cheers mates, finally had the chance to test hairspray out, was miles better than soap.
    Slides super easy, dries up really fast and holds like superglue.
    Used the highest hold I could fine, the brand doesn't really matter I think.