Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    huntito is just really nice. (+1000) huntito is just really nice. (+1000) huntito is just really nice. (+1000) huntito is just really nice. (+1000) huntito is just really nice. (+1000) huntito is just really nice. (+1000) huntito is just really nice. (+1000) huntito is just really nice. (+1000) huntito is just really nice. (+1000) huntito is just really nice. (+1000) huntito is just really nice. (+1000)

What tights/half-tights do you use?

I've been training in gym shorts for the past few months and noticed that some are starting to rip at the thighs from all the cleans I'm doing. I've been doing a lot of triples, and noticed that i hear a tearing noise sometimes when I catch the bar at the thighs on the way down. Also, when I squat most of my shorts overlap my knees and they restrict my ATG movement and break my focus. I pretty much decided I want to lift in tights or half tights from now on depending on how hot or cold it is inside the gym, any recommendations on brand?

Also do any of you guys have problems with tights ripping often at the thigh?? My coach recommends just getting cheap walmart gym shorts that are easily replaceable, but I'm much more comfortable in compression shorts, I imagine half tights are the same just a little thicker.

Any input is appreciated
    The Long Road to Competition... My olympic weightlifting journal:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=145925733

DSimp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DSimp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DSimp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DSimp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DSimp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DSimp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DSimp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DSimp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DSimp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DSimp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DSimp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by huntito View Post
    I've been training in gym shorts for the past few months and noticed that some are starting to rip at the thighs from all the cleans I'm doing. I've been doing a lot of triples, and noticed that i hear a tearing noise sometimes when I catch the bar at the thighs on the way down. Also, when I squat most of my shorts overlap my knees and they restrict my ATG movement and break my focus. I pretty much decided I want to lift in tights or half tights from now on depending on how hot or cold it is inside the gym, any recommendations on brand?

Also do any of you guys have problems with tights ripping often at the thigh?? My coach recommends just getting cheap walmart gym shorts that are easily replaceable, but I'm much more comfortable in compression shorts, I imagine half tights are the same just a little thicker.

Any input is appreciated

I wear Under Armour Compression full length tights when I can, but they are really thick and HOT..

I love the compression feeling though. I see people in my gym all the time just wearing compression shorts.. nothing else.

I know the nike pro combats are pretty thick and supportive where you could just wear the compression shorts.

now that I post this I'm assuming you are a guy... but I always see girls wearing yoga pants to weight lift in. like actually weightlifting. not just for show... haha

Igmann has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Igmann has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Igmann has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Igmann has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Igmann has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Igmann has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Igmann has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Igmann has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Igmann has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Igmann has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Igmann has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by DSimp View Post
    I wear Under Armour Compression full length tights when I can, but they are really thick and HOT..
    Came in to say this.

The full length tights > Half Length

Half length are ideal for sprinting though.

I wear full length whenever squatting or deadlifting. They help. A LOT

huntito is just really nice. (+1000) huntito is just really nice. (+1000) huntito is just really nice. (+1000) huntito is just really nice. (+1000) huntito is just really nice. (+1000) huntito is just really nice. (+1000) huntito is just really nice. (+1000) huntito is just really nice. (+1000) huntito is just really nice. (+1000) huntito is just really nice. (+1000) huntito is just really nice. (+1000)
    Thanks for the input guys
    I tend to like the half-tights over the full length during the summer, but i agree full tights warm everything up.

I found Nike Filaments which look pretty thick, which is a plus. Also found some wrestling tights made by asics but idk if their thick enough to take the beating of a barbell lol

Nike's

Asics

I'll probably just end up investing in whatever is cheap. Would hate to drop a bunch of cash on some Adidas or SKINS just to have them tear

matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I always lift in loose fitting shorts that cut off at just around the knee or ever so slightly above it. I used to wear longer shorts but I found that the way they went over my knee during ATG squats bothered me so I switched to shorter shorts. I could never imagine lifting in something tight fitting.
    Strength + Speed = Power

If you never fail, you aren't truly pushing yourself to the limit. If you never push yourself to the limit, how do you know what you're truly capable of?

Originally Posted by matjusm View Post
    I always lift in loose fitting shorts that cut off at just around the knee or ever so slightly above it. I used to wear longer shorts but I found that the way they went over my knee during ATG squats bothered me so I switched to shorter shorts. I could never imagine lifting in something tight fitting.
    Im having the same problem. the half-tights stop right below the quad, about 1-2 inches above the knee. For me theyre the most comfortable, plus they keep your whole posterior area warm lol

Lifting with Power allergic2rice's Avatar
    allergic2rice is a name known to all. (+5000) allergic2rice is a name known to all. (+5000) allergic2rice is a name known to all. (+5000) allergic2rice is a name known to all. (+5000) allergic2rice is a name known to all. (+5000) allergic2rice is a name known to all. (+5000) allergic2rice is a name known to all. (+5000) allergic2rice is a name known to all. (+5000) allergic2rice is a name known to all. (+5000) allergic2rice is a name known to all. (+5000) allergic2rice is a name known to all. (+5000)
    try some strongman warm pants.

I the vulkan ones and they are nice
    Forum Representative
    Next Generation Nutrition
    http://www.glyco-energy.com/

***Los Angeles MISC Crew***

www.strengthsociety.com
    Powerlifting, Nutrition, Mobility

Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I think that Under Armours are incredibly thin. I can't wear just them. Nike Pro Combat is a little thicker.

The UA cold gear long pants are good, but their just compression shorts aren't.

I really just want something tight that leaves a little more to the imagination in my weiner region
    771/645/622 Single Ply

scarboro is a name known to all. (+5000) scarboro is a name known to all. (+5000) scarboro is a name known to all. (+5000) scarboro is a name known to all. (+5000) scarboro is a name known to all. (+5000) scarboro is a name known to all. (+5000) scarboro is a name known to all. (+5000) scarboro is a name known to all. (+5000) scarboro is a name known to all. (+5000) scarboro is a name known to all. (+5000) scarboro is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Torrtrefireto View Post
    I think that Under Armours are incredibly thin. I can't wear just them. Nike Pro Combat is a little thicker.

The UA cold gear long pants are good, but their just compression shorts aren't.

I really just want something tight that leaves a little more to the imagination in my weiner region
    Meh after a few sessions/looks you get used to it and learn not to give a sh*t.
    Misc Strength Crew

MyAvatar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MyAvatar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MyAvatar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MyAvatar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MyAvatar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MyAvatar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MyAvatar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MyAvatar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MyAvatar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MyAvatar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MyAvatar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Damn I know that feel so well OP.
    I just hike up my shorts like a fool

Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by scarboro View Post
    Meh after a few sessions/looks you get used to it and learn not to give a sh*t.
    I've been doing it for my deadlift days for about 6 months now and I am not learning not to give a **** at all! Its less uncomfortable in a real gym than a commercial gym though
    771/645/622 Single Ply

Originally Posted by allergic2rice View Post
    try some strongman warm pants.

I the vulkan ones and they are nice
    Thanks for the recommendation, the Rehband ones look really good. But that price tag is gnarly lol

I've been doing it for my deadlift days for about 6 months now and I am not learning not to give a **** at all! Its less uncomfortable in a real gym than a commercial gym though
    I agree. I train in a crossfit gym with a bunch of oly lifters who wear tights and no one's self conscious at all. We train after the crossfitters are done kipping everything lmao.

But set foot in a LA Fitness and everyone bertstares your junk like there's no tomorrow haha

I'm pretty sure I'll invest in some singlets too and just train with a t-shirt over it. Seems to me like those might be the thickest after warm-pants

Thanks for the recommendation, the Rehband ones look really good. But that price tag is gnarly lol

I agree. I train in a crossfit gym with a bunch of oly lifters who wear tights and no one's self conscious at all. We train after the crossfitters are done kipping everything lmao.

But set foot in a LA Fitness and everyone bertstares your junk like there's no tomorrow haha

I'm pretty sure I'll invest in some singlets too and just train with a t-shirt over it. Seems to me like those might be the thickest after warm-pants
    Can you link me to those Nike's you pictured earlier? I googled them but only found them in full pants
    771/645/622 Single Ply

olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Look up the Eastbay compression shorts/tights. I've got a pair of them and they're great. Plus, they're not that expensive either. I'll probably be getting more of them in the near future!!
    Training log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=168969133

Can you link me to those Nike's you pictured earlier? I googled them but only found them in full pants
    Nike Filament running tights
    http://www.eastbay.com/product/model...%20MORE%20INFO

Nike Essential running tights
    http://store.nike.com/us/en_us/?l=sh...36/pgid-276531

Adidas running tights

Here's the old Eastbay compression shorts. Only $12 each!!
    http://www.eastbay.com/product/model...YWORD%20SEARCH

newer Eastbay's - $19

Originally Posted by olyw8lifter View Post
    Look up the Eastbay compression shorts/tights. I've got a pair of them and they're great. Plus, they're not that expensive either. I'll probably be getting more of them in the near future!!
    Do you wear them just by themselves? They look pretty thin, but at that price it would be dumb not to pick up a couple pairs. I think the difference between a half-tight/running tight and a compression short is the thickness of the material. Pretty sure as weightlifters we want running tights. But if you say the eastbays are thick enough I'll definitely buy some
    Last edited by huntito; 07-14-2012 at 04:36 PM.

J.L.C. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) J.L.C. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) J.L.C. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) J.L.C. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) J.L.C. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) J.L.C. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) J.L.C. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) J.L.C. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) J.L.C. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) J.L.C. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) J.L.C. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I wear the Under Armour "Long" compression shorts for every workout. In the winter when it's super cold in the gym, I wear some Paradox full-length tights that I found at Costco over the shorts.

schabowy90 is a name known to all. (+5000) schabowy90 is a name known to all. (+5000) schabowy90 is a name known to all. (+5000) schabowy90 is a name known to all. (+5000) schabowy90 is a name known to all. (+5000) schabowy90 is a name known to all. (+5000) schabowy90 is a name known to all. (+5000) schabowy90 is a name known to all. (+5000) schabowy90 is a name known to all. (+5000) schabowy90 is a name known to all. (+5000) schabowy90 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Short shorts Asics or any running shorts
    Snatch: 122
    CJ: 142

Log: http://adamkosna.blogspot.com/

Adidas running tights

newer Eastbay's - $19

Do you wear them just by themselves? They look pretty thin, but at that price it would be dumb not to pick up a couple pairs. I think the difference between a half-tight/running tight and a compression short is the thickness of the material. Pretty sure as weightlifters we want running tights. But if you say the eastbays are thick enough I'll definitely buy some
    What are the thickest ones you have? Thanks man, I currently use Nike Pro Combats, which are way thicker than my under armours but not quite as thick as I'd like
    771/645/622 Single Ply

What are the thickest ones you have? Thanks man, I currently use Nike Pro Combats, which are way thicker than my under armours but not quite as thick as I'd like
    I don't own any of those ones. I myself am in the market for some tights, which is why I made this thread haha. The thickest ones I have though are acutally a pair of Reeboks, but i'm pretty sure they're still compression shorts. I think the trick to finding a nice thick pair is looking for the stash pocket/zipper in the back for an iPod. I know the Nikes and Adidas have them. I'll buy a couple pairs and report back with what I find, I'm warning you though I'm quite the Nike gearwhore so I'm biased

olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000)
    The Eastbays are pretty thick!! Thicker than most others I have worn (and usually don't feel comfortable wearing in front of other lifters).
    Training log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=168969133

KimValentine has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KimValentine has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KimValentine has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KimValentine has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KimValentine has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KimValentine has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KimValentine has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KimValentine has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KimValentine has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KimValentine has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KimValentine has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    wtf.. this post was suppose to go in another thread..

don't mind me.. moving on..
    Last edited by KimValentine; 07-16-2012 at 10:26 AM.
    Competition Wilks: 406

Powerlifting log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=146773603

Videos:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/AgentLunacy
    http://www.youtube.com/TeamWildIron

lwild is a name known to all. (+5000) lwild is a name known to all. (+5000) lwild is a name known to all. (+5000) lwild is a name known to all. (+5000) lwild is a name known to all. (+5000) lwild is a name known to all. (+5000) lwild is a name known to all. (+5000) lwild is a name known to all. (+5000) lwild is a name known to all. (+5000) lwild is a name known to all. (+5000) lwild is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Just ordered me a pair of these

http://www.asics.co.uk/running/produ...-sprinter-men/

Pretty cheap, hopefully they last a while though.
    PBs:
    Oly Squat: 145 kg
    Front Squat: 125 kg
    Strict Overhead Press: 75x2 kg
    Push Press: 90 kg
    Bench Press: 100 kg
    Deadlift: 180 kg
    Power|Full Clean: 95|100 kg
    (Hang) Power Snatch: 72.5 kg
    40-Yard Dash: 4.7s
    3-Cone Drill: 6.8s

My Strength Training Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=129882473

☆☆☆υк ¢яєω☆☆☆
    ~misc audiophile crew

OC23 is a name known to all. (+5000) OC23 is a name known to all. (+5000) OC23 is a name known to all. (+5000) OC23 is a name known to all. (+5000) OC23 is a name known to all. (+5000) OC23 is a name known to all. (+5000) OC23 is a name known to all. (+5000) OC23 is a name known to all. (+5000) OC23 is a name known to all. (+5000) OC23 is a name known to all. (+5000) OC23 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Do you guys wear anything over the tights? I'm new to olympic lifting so I am unaware. I wear compression tights every time I workout/lift, but I wear basketball shorts over them. You guys wear ONLY THE TIGHTS? Is that even allowed? Thats pretty much just wearing underwear to the gym? What if people see your bulge lol
    360/260/500

lwild is a name known to all. (+5000) lwild is a name known to all. (+5000) lwild is a name known to all. (+5000) lwild is a name known to all. (+5000) lwild is a name known to all. (+5000) lwild is a name known to all. (+5000) lwild is a name known to all. (+5000) lwild is a name known to all. (+5000) lwild is a name known to all. (+5000) lwild is a name known to all. (+5000) lwild is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by OC23 View Post
    Do you guys wear anything over the tights? I'm new to olympic lifting so I am unaware. I wear compression tights every time I workout/lift, but I wear basketball shorts over them. You guys wear ONLY THE TIGHTS? Is that even allowed? Thats pretty much just wearing underwear to the gym? What if people see your bulge lol
    Most (pro) lifters just train with their suit pulled down and either topless or a t-shirt on top.
    PBs:

My Strength Training Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=129882473

☆☆☆υк ¢яєω☆☆☆
    ~misc audiophile crew

OC23 is a name known to all. (+5000) OC23 is a name known to all. (+5000) OC23 is a name known to all. (+5000) OC23 is a name known to all. (+5000) OC23 is a name known to all. (+5000) OC23 is a name known to all. (+5000) OC23 is a name known to all. (+5000) OC23 is a name known to all. (+5000) OC23 is a name known to all. (+5000) OC23 is a name known to all. (+5000) OC23 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by lwild View Post
    Most (pro) lifters just train with their suit pulled down and either topless or a t-shirt on top.
    So they're still just wearing tights only for legs?
    360/260/500

So they're still just wearing tights only for legs?
    Yes. Like this

I don't see what you find strange about it tbh.
    PBs:

☆☆☆υк ¢яєω☆☆☆
    ~misc audiophile crew

BTBAM is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BTBAM is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BTBAM is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BTBAM is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BTBAM is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BTBAM is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BTBAM is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BTBAM is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BTBAM is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BTBAM is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BTBAM is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I wear the 8 dollar half tights that can be found at wal-mart, forget the brand. They function fine, although they are pretty thin and tend to rip after some use.
    Subscribe to The Strength Project :
    http://www.youtube.com/user/olbaid420?feature=mhee

Read the blog:
    http://thegoodmoodfooddude.blogspot.com/

Ask me anything about nutrition:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=162775831

Originally Posted by lwild View Post
    Yes. Like this

I don't see what you find strange about it tbh.
    No, in fact once I get good at oly lifting and it makes a difference I would just wear a shirt and tights, but gyms allow this? It's literally wearing just underwear. What about the bulge? Isn't it "inappropriate" in a public setting? Those don't even look like the tights im thinking of. Tights = compression shorts right? wrong?
    360/260/500

unlocking asian genetics DaTruth1's Avatar
    DaTruth1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DaTruth1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DaTruth1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DaTruth1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DaTruth1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DaTruth1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DaTruth1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DaTruth1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DaTruth1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DaTruth1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DaTruth1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    No, in fact once I get good at oly lifting and it makes a difference I would just wear a shirt and tights, but gyms allow this? It's literally wearing just underwear. What about the bulge? Isn't it "inappropriate" in a public setting? Those don't even look like the tights im thinking of. Tights = compression shorts right? wrong?

I wear those adidas tights a lot. They're called Samba I think, got em on sale online some time ago. I have some underarmor leggings that I wear under shorts, some full length tights (I think they're for hiking but I just lift in them), and sometimes I just wear my singlet with the top rolled down.

Wear compression underwear underneath the tights. I got a bunch of Adidas and Nike ones. Wearing 1 layer and lifting is kinda gross, I wouldn't want people wafting my ball sweat. You'll probly have bulge but it's a gym - function over form and plus they'll all be mirin quads.
    112.5 snatch
    131 cj

Log: http://www.pendlayforum.com/showthread.php?t=15188

WHT_LIGHTNING is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WHT_LIGHTNING is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WHT_LIGHTNING is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WHT_LIGHTNING is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WHT_LIGHTNING is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WHT_LIGHTNING is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WHT_LIGHTNING is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WHT_LIGHTNING is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WHT_LIGHTNING is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WHT_LIGHTNING is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WHT_LIGHTNING is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Adidas running tights

newer Eastbay's - $19

I wear the eastbay ones a lot, they don't reveal much (I think I have an average sized package,uhhh). I love them, but I usually only wear them in my garage, not sure when I will wear them to the gym with my coach, lol

Bryan

Captain of the Comeback Train

Comeback Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=159651791

YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/STRONGMANbarry/videos