Page 5 of 36 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast
    Bonkies has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bonkies has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bonkies has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bonkies has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bonkies has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bonkies has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bonkies has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bonkies has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bonkies has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bonkies has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bonkies has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    good to see you squatting again tho brah
    Liftin' or Blazin'

nzmusclez is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nzmusclez is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nzmusclez is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nzmusclez is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nzmusclez is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nzmusclez is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nzmusclez is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nzmusclez is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nzmusclez is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nzmusclez is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nzmusclez is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Bonkies View Post
    good to see you squatting again tho brah
    Yeh took some time off cuz the weight was dropping. Thought maybe I needed a break. Took a bit to get back into it, think I'll have to further drop the weight to get that 8-10 rep range though!
    my workout journal - powerlifter
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=146429603

nwskier has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nwskier has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nwskier has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nwskier has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nwskier has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nwskier has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nwskier has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nwskier has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nwskier has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nwskier has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nwskier has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by nzmusclez View Post
    Yeh I am. But Im slightly behind in bench to weight ratio. Last time I was about 85kg pressing 157.5-160 paused
    Now im 80kg pressing 145kg paused.

Ill be powering that up real soon though! You gonna stay right behind me and try keep that ~10 rep bench the same?
    haha, we'll see. you got some pretty insane strength on that bench. not sure how long I can try and keep up. 275x9 is my PB and right now i'm only hitting 275x6. Might give it a go again on Wednesday...

now back strength and delts, those I can keep up on

Have a bit of a small pain in my sternum but I think ill warm into it so will see how it feels.

Bench 125kg - 8
    Decline 125kg - 7
    Incline 97.5kg - 8
    Wil swap dipz out tri pds since trapz sore
    Tri pd - 8 barz - 14
    solid reps. looks like you gonna be hitting that gain train here now. fuk. inb4 135x10

nzmusclez is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nzmusclez is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nzmusclez is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nzmusclez is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nzmusclez is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nzmusclez is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nzmusclez is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nzmusclez is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nzmusclez is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nzmusclez is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nzmusclez is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by nwskier View Post
    haha, we'll see. you got some pretty insane strength on that bench. not sure how long I can try and keep up. 275x9 is my PB and right now i'm only hitting 275x6. Might give it a go again on Wednesday...

now back strength and delts, those I can keep up on

solid reps. looks like you gonna be hitting that gain train here now. fuk. inb4 135x10
    Yeh mate! Will kick it back to 125kg for 10 Fri or Sat. Ive jumped on the creatine today though so... Im expecting results now! 3/4 times Ive been very successful with creatine. Even if it was mostly mental?

nwskier has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nwskier has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nwskier has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nwskier has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nwskier has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nwskier has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nwskier has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nwskier has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nwskier has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nwskier has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nwskier has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Yeh mate! Will kick it back to 125kg for 10 Fri or Sat. Ive jumped on the creatine today though so... Im expecting results now! 3/4 times Ive been very successful with creatine. Even if it was mostly mental?
    nice mate! I just got some more supps in finally. will hit the creatine starting this week, then add in some bcaa for intra-workouts.

unfortuntely doesn't look like auckland is gonna happen in May... gotta be in SYD and MEL for most the time i'm next door in Aus... client just scheduled an event on that Monday I was planning to head over to NZ. fuk. oh well. still a long shot, but more likely end up chilling w/ a lady friend on the weekend in Queensland as a consolation prize for not getting to NZ

still may try and hit the Club fields if the winter goes off in NZ. I really want to hit up Temple Basin and Craigeburn/Broken River. Skied TC, Remarks, and Olympus about 6 years ago. super fun time.

can't wait to see what kind of damage you can increase your volume too. it's about the only thing I can even fathom trying to keep up with. your 1RM-3RM would easily blow me outta the water!

nice mate! I just got some more supps in finally. will hit the creatine starting this week, then add in some bcaa for intra-workouts.

unfortuntely doesn't look like auckland is gonna happen in May... gotta be in SYD and MEL for most the time i'm next door in Aus... client just scheduled an event on that Monday I was planning to head over to NZ. fuk. oh well. still a long shot, but more likely end up chilling w/ a lady friend on the weekend in Queensland as a consolation prize for not getting to NZ

still may try and hit the Club fields if the winter goes off in NZ. I really want to hit up Temple Basin and Craigeburn/Broken River. Skied TC, Remarks, and Olympus about 6 years ago. super fun time.

can't wait to see what kind of damage you can increase your volume too. it's about the only thing I can even fathom trying to keep up with. your 1RM-3RM would easily blow me outta the water!
    Yeh I think ill use my supps to ful potential so if no results I can only blame myself!

Well that bench will get to 10, then ill get to 10 keeping my ass on the bench. Then I will progress like that to 127.5kg for 8 with ass on bench - I try not train like that but currently am relying on it. Will eventually keep it down!

Too bad about NZ. But then again the ladyfriend makes things all ok haha. Sadly I'm going to miss my boarding in NZ's winter but hopefully If I make it through Canadas summer I'll hit up some epic mountains there!

Yeh I think ill use my supps to ful potential so if no results I can only blame myself!

Well that bench will get to 10, then ill get to 10 keeping my ass on the bench. Then I will progress like that to 127.5kg for 8 with ass on bench - I try not train like that but currently am relying on it. Will eventually keep it down!

Too bad about NZ. But then again the ladyfriend makes things all ok haha. Sadly I'm going to miss my boarding in NZ's winter but hopefully If I make it through Canadas summer I'll hit up some epic mountains there!
    ah nice, so you def moving to Canada? Edmonton (I think that's where you said?) - is about 2.5 hours from a cool little mountain outside Jasper - Marmot Basin.

NZ isn't out just yet- but definitely much more difficult to pull off a quick trip to Auckland. oh well.

you ever train delts? for some reason I don't think I've seen you hit much on the triceps/delts/traps - other than weighted dips. probably cause you don't need to and are straight killin it on bench.

appreciate the motivation and support mate

ah nice, so you def moving to Canada? Edmonton (I think that's where you said?) - is about 2.5 hours from a cool little mountain outside Jasper - Marmot Basin.

NZ isn't out just yet- but definitely much more difficult to pull off a quick trip to Auckland. oh well.

you ever train delts? for some reason I don't think I've seen you hit much on the triceps/delts/traps - other than weighted dips. probably cause you don't need to and are straight killin it on bench.

appreciate the motivation and support mate
    Yep Edmonton! Although I'll be on good money so I can travel in between projects.

I have reasons for all of them. Triceps - These get hit pretty sufficiently on my benching/Dipping. Traps, these are probably an area I don't directly train, they get worked a bit in the deadlifts but I dont focus it. Reasons being I don't desire huge traps. I don't find they would help my benching as much as I could focus on the lats :P aswell as I have terrible grip str - worse since the wrist injury. And shoulders I already have reasonable shoulders for someone who doesnt train them directly. They get worked enough in the areas I need (front delts) through dips and incline, as well as a bit through flat and decline. I cant do military press due to instability I have in my left shoulder, This hinders me from doing dumbell work (dumbbell bench work) as well as dumbbell pull overs. I just struggle with exercises above my chest. Incline barbell is the best I can do and even then I dont do complete reps - These are only half reps generally which make it harder to record results as I can vary depth from workout to workout but you gotta work with what you got!

Main focus is getting a huge bench. Maybe in time I'll start working my lacking points (calves, traps, etc) which don't help in benching.

Bench 125kg - 9
    Decline 125kg - 9
    Incline 100kg - yolo - 8
    Dips 40kg - 10

That creatine is showng pleasng results. Wil do even better nxt time.

Squats 127.5kg x 8
    Deadlift 135kg x 10
    Pull ups 15kg x 10
    Bent over Rows 70kg x 10

Wonderin if there is a suitable ap that I can fill out on my phone and then upload the results which may make it easier to see how im doing etc. As I currently update from my phone at the gym.

Bench 125kg - 9
    Decline 125kg - 9
    Incline 100kg - yolo - 8
    Dips 40kg - 10

That creatine is showng pleasng results. Wil do even better nxt time.
    damnnn impressive work on that bench (and quickly!) NZ!

damnnn impressive work on that bench (and quickly!) NZ!
    yeh bro, felt kinda average too (today felt good, wish I done bench today!) So I'm expecting 10 easy next time. Then I just need to make each rep with my bum down and I'll pump the weight up!

yeh bro, felt kinda average too (today felt good, wish I done bench today!) So I'm expecting 10 easy next time. Then I just need to make each rep with my bum down and I'll pump the weight up!
    niiiiice. just started back on creatine too. had a pretty intense volume session the other day, feeling some awesome DOMs today.

back to benching again on Wednesday. If I can get a spot, going for 275x7. gonna make sure I keep pace within a rep or two. Also just got some BCAA for intraworkout which will make a difference.

edit: I can definitely keep pace with the incline efforts

niiiiice. just started back on creatine too. had a pretty intense volume session the other day, feeling some awesome DOMs today.

back to benching again on Wednesday. If I can get a spot, going for 275x7. gonna make sure I keep pace within a rep or two. Also just got some BCAA for intraworkout which will make a difference.

edit: I can definitely keep pace with the incline efforts
    Yeh I forget about my BCAAs. Saw ur volume too. You do easy 5x what I do in a workout. 275 x 7 **** thats close. I get about 7 full reps alone then i start cheating with lifting my bum. I aint gonna hold back to keep you in range through bro! I use to be miles ahead! Too close on my tail. Haha yeh my ncline isn't that great. Just burn out quick on that too. Don't wanna try heavy too, don't trust my shoulders

Yeh I forget about my BCAAs. Saw ur volume too. You do easy 5x what I do in a workout. 275 x 7 **** thats close. I get about 7 full reps alone then i start cheating with lifting my bum. I aint gonna hold back to keep you in range through bro! I use to be miles ahead! Too close on my tail. Haha yeh my ncline isn't that great. Just burn out quick on that too. Don't wanna try heavy too, don't trust my shoulders
    haha, well 275x9 is my PR so....
    real challenge will be to see how far you can push those 7-10 rep sets.

def would like to see you push that lat strength tho. could really help improve your bench a ton. but no chance i'm letting you catch up on lats though, ha

haha, well 275x9 is my PR so....
    real challenge will be to see how far you can push those 7-10 rep sets.

def would like to see you push that lat strength tho. could really help improve your bench a ton. but no chance i'm letting you catch up on lats though, ha
    For sure! Am slowly working on that too. Well son! We'll see if you can keep up with me on the creatine

For sure! Am slowly working on that too. Well son! We'll see if you can keep up with me on the creatine
    haha, lol. but in all srs, definitely a reason why I got you on my inspired list. you got some sick strength-weight potential no doubt. its' one thing to move weight, but to be light and maintain a strong ratio is damn impressive.

stoked to see what you can bring to the table

Bench 125kg - 9 altho 1 mre rep with my ass dwn so stil an imprvement
    Decline 125kg - 9
    Incline 100kg - 10 luks like im makng quick gains here tim - u ready?
    Dipz 40kg - 13 - good song came on fuark 3 mre repz

Antha great day. Thanks creatine!

Bonkies has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bonkies has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bonkies has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bonkies has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bonkies has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bonkies has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bonkies has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bonkies has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bonkies has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bonkies has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bonkies has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    wtf @ dips lol

making mad gainz again bro
    Liftin' or Blazin'

wtf @ dips lol

making mad gainz again bro
    Crazy aye. I did do them pretty quickly though. Cuz I put on Shihad - Run and for some reason that song gives me the mean adrenalin boost. So I just pumped em out.

that chorus - very good for nz band imo.
    Last edited by nzmusclez; 03-20-2013 at 11:50 PM.

Bench 125kg - 9 - won't count the bum lift rep but will count the spotted one as I would have got it, he barely touched it.
    Decline 127.5kg - 8
    Incline 100kg - 10
    Dipz - 45kg - 14

Last edited by nzmusclez; 03-24-2013 at 11:29 PM.

ha lolz yeah I'm ready for more incline! great job on the quick bench increases.

are you sticking with 9-10 rep scheme for a while or do you plan to increase weight and work lower reps like 4-7?

looking leaaaan brah.

Dips. of. peace.
    Liftin' or Blazin'

ha lolz yeah I'm ready for more incline! great job on the quick bench increases.

are you sticking with 9-10 rep scheme for a while or do you plan to increase weight and work lower reps like 4-7?
    I usually like to stick with the 8-10 rep range until i stop gaining reps frequently. Then I drop down to the 4-6 rep range and do that, then I find since my body is adapated to high reps it quickly gets the 10kg increase from 4-5ish up to 7-8 quickly. If that makes sense.

looking leaaaan brah.

Dips. of. peace.
    Chur bro, that leanness shall go though and hard the dips are skyrocketing. Ill go for 50kg nxt time but dont think ill maintain 13-14 rep range haha. 60kg for 10 will be epic. A little goal. 3x 20kg plates looks boss let alone pumping out 10 reps

Squats 127.5kg x 9 - tryng a closer feet stance also to activate mre quads and les hams
    Deadlift 140kg x 9
    Pull ups 17.5kg x 9
    Bent over Rows 85g x 10 - much momentum wil lower weight next time and make these still rows

^ solid workout. I like the back work and row/pull up focus

gotta give you huge props, that bench is looking hell strong. motivation/10. strength-weight ratio on bench is filthy!!

^ solid workout. I like the back work and row/pull up focus

gotta give you huge props, that bench is looking hell strong. motivation/10. strength-weight ratio on bench is filthy!!
    Yeh bro I find its easier to do a controlled rep, that way I can monitor results and can push myself harder on the reps.

Im pretty bored with 125kg. Might push the flat up to some 5 reps weight. Guess i'll try 132.5kg and aim for 4-6

Yeh bro I find its easier to do a controlled rep, that way I can monitor results and can push myself harder on the reps.

Im pretty bored with 125kg. Might push the flat up to some 5 reps weight. Guess i'll try 132.5kg and aim for 4-6
    don't sell yourself short. You definitely have 6-8 with 132.5kg

I hope I get 'bored' with 125kg soon... haha. strong bastard, lolz

If you're just going for 4-6 reps, you should bump to at least 135kg, IMO

don't sell yourself short. You definitely have 6-8 with 132.5kg

I hope I get 'bored' with 125kg soon... haha. strong bastard, lolz

If you're just going for 4-6 reps, you should bump to at least 135kg, IMO
    You might be right about 135kg. Going by %s of 1 reps. 125kg for 9 is =/= to 135kg for 5. But I imagine (going from previous jumps of 8-10 --> 4-6) I will find myself "unconditioned" and will need that first "swap over day" to help adjust which is why I thought a safe 132.5kg will be heavy but get me 5 maybe 6 reps. I'll have a think and see how I feel on the day but this jump I'm doing I also plan on cutting out the asslifting reps so will be harder that way too. If I don't do 135kg it will defo be 135kg the following bench day! Such precision for my benching!

Ima do 135 just 4 u skier! not feeln it today but il gve it a go!

Bench 135kg - 5. Well phuk me that was a gud set. Wil c with decline if it was al adrenalin
    Decline 135kg - 5
    Incline 102.5kg - 9. incline remains high repz as planned
    Dips 50kg - 10 will upload video shortly.
    Last edited by nzmusclez; 03-27-2013 at 11:32 PM.

Page 5 of 36 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast