Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8
    mcknzAlex is just really nice. (+1000) mcknzAlex is just really nice. (+1000) mcknzAlex is just really nice. (+1000) mcknzAlex is just really nice. (+1000) mcknzAlex is just really nice. (+1000) mcknzAlex is just really nice. (+1000) mcknzAlex is just really nice. (+1000) mcknzAlex is just really nice. (+1000) mcknzAlex is just really nice. (+1000) mcknzAlex is just really nice. (+1000) mcknzAlex is just really nice. (+1000)
    Do it for yourself not to impress the people around you!

KirkMcquest has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KirkMcquest has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KirkMcquest has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KirkMcquest has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KirkMcquest has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KirkMcquest has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KirkMcquest has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KirkMcquest has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KirkMcquest has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KirkMcquest has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KirkMcquest has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I keep a log book of every set, every weight, and every rep. Before each set I look at my previous same workout day and see what I did on that set with that weight. This way, I am trying to break my record on every single set of every exercise.

Also, I can easily look back a week or two or a month or two and see, in black and white, the actual improvements. I dont see how anyone works out without this. Its like trying to build a house without a tape measure.

my non-edited 'before'pic etet1919's Avatar
    etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by KirkMcquest View Post
    I keep a log book of every set, every weight, and every rep. Before each set I look at my previous same workout day and see what I did on that set with that weight. This way, I am trying to break my record on every single set of every exercise.

Also, I can easily look back a week or two or a month or two and see, in black and white, the actual improvements. I dont see how anyone works out without this. Its like trying to build a house without a tape measure.
    I've never kept track of numbers on paper all these years...I know in my head where I left off, or what direction I want to go in. I use more intuition when training, it seems, rather than trying to follow a "rigid" path set in stone. And I still managed to carve out some hard muscle along that rugged rocky terrain... Sorry, it's not exactly a cobblestone path much of the time, like I originally miswrote.
    Last edited by etet1919; 07-26-2019 at 12:16 PM.
    Fact: My first-generation uncle was a boxer who fought Sugar Ray Robinson! He also fought in the war, sacrificing the career he deeply loved, so people could have the right to freedom.

Let's show RESPECT for the POLICE and ALL FIRST RESPONDERS by helping to keep THEM SAFE AND SOUND, and thereby able to PROTECT US!

Humble Megalomaniac ElrondHubbard's Avatar
    ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by KirkMcquest View Post

"I cut it three times and it's still too short!"

Originally Posted by etet1919 View Post
    I've never kept track of numbers on paper all these years...I know in my head where I left off, or what direction I want to go in. I use more intuition when training, it seems, rather than trying to follow a "rigid" path set in stone. And I still managed to carve out some hard muscle along that rugged rocky terrain... Sorry, it's not exactly a cobblestone path much of the time, like I originally miswrote.
    Those of you who can program intuitively have deep self-knowledge, and certainly a better memory than me! When I began geezer-lifting, for about the first 9 months I mostly did it by the seat of my pants, and did make some progress, even though I didn't really know what I was doing. Once I got introduced to Madcow on these forums, which gave me a spreadsheet and the idea of being organized and systematic -- and the inspiration to build the rack I needed since I couldn't afford a gym membership and lived too far away from one anyway, is when things really got moving.

Like Kirk, I love being able to record what I'm doing, graph my progress, and see where I was back in the day. It's been a big part of my continued motivation and enjoyment of lifting.
    “Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.”
    -Voltaire

my non-edited 'before'pic etet1919's Avatar
    etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by ElrondHubbard View Post
    "I cut it three times and it's still too short!"

Those of you who can program intuitively have deep self-knowledge, and certainly a better memory than me! When I began geezer-lifting, for about the first 9 months I mostly did it by the seat of my pants, and did make some progress, even though I didn't really know what I was doing. Once I got introduced to Madcow on these forums, which gave me a spreadsheet and the idea of being organized and systematic -- and the inspiration to build the rack I needed since I couldn't afford a gym membership and lived too far away from one anyway, is when things really got moving.

Like Kirk, I love being able to record what I'm doing, graph my progress, and see where I was back in the day. It's been a big part of my continued motivation and enjoyment of lifting.
    Hey El!! Haven't spoken to you in awhile! How's it going?

You no "geezer," you silly goose...lol! You are tough as nails!

I understand your point! Just about anyone (including myself) would do better with a well-structured and recorded lifting routine. It's easy to judge in black and white, especially when overall results start to slow (hello plateau...). Since I've come back from my short break, I've been able to steadily increase my lifts (for now), and that's why I can keep track in my head. Otherwise, yeah, my short term memory would be **** right now lol.

I've never looked into Madcow... but I'll take a glance in a few. It must be worthy if you follow and recommend it. Actually, I believe all these professionally designed programs are worthy... and why I recommend them over some of my "own stuff"...
    Fact: My first-generation uncle was a boxer who fought Sugar Ray Robinson! He also fought in the war, sacrificing the career he deeply loved, so people could have the right to freedom.

Let's show RESPECT for the POLICE and ALL FIRST RESPONDERS by helping to keep THEM SAFE AND SOUND, and thereby able to PROTECT US!

Humble Megalomaniac ElrondHubbard's Avatar
    ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by etet1919 View Post
    Hey El!! Haven't spoken to you in awhile! How's it going?

You no "geezer," you silly goose...lol! You are tough as nails!

I understand your point! Just about anyone (including myself) would do better with a well-structured and recorded lifting routine. It's easy to judge in black and white, especially when overall results start to slow (hello plateau...). Since I've come back from my short break, I've been able to steadily increase my lifts (for now), and that's why I can keep track in my head. Otherwise, yeah, my short term memory would be **** right now lol.

I've never looked into Madcow... but I'll take a glance in a few. It must be worthy if you follow and recommend it. Actually, I believe all these professionally designed programs are worthy... and why I recommend them over some of my "own stuff"...
    It was recommended to me by Ironwill about 4 years ago when I'd been working a fairly undisciplined program for about 9 months, and was looking to get more serious. I miss that guy!

But I was the same way -- if Ironwill recommends it, then it must be good. I loved it, and once I finish the cut I'm currently on, I plan to get back to it. A caveat -- the explanation that comes with the program emphasizes that you should do the program as written, and not tweak it... so I tweaked it. A little modification made it match my needs more completely, I think.
    “Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.”
    -Voltaire

TheGyansagar is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Which isthe best website for getting knowledge about spirituality meaning in Hindi.

The Gyansagar gives you all the information about spirituality meaning in Hindi and Spirituality definition the true inner meaning. Here you can easily get a lot of knowledge that can change your life. Here you can get the best and complete information about every topic, and all this information will help you do your life well.

lisa080 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Bodybuilding is not an easy, because it need 1st priority on extra exercise with extra foods to gain good results.

havok77 is a name known to all. (+5000) havok77 is a name known to all. (+5000) havok77 is a name known to all. (+5000) havok77 is a name known to all. (+5000) havok77 is a name known to all. (+5000) havok77 is a name known to all. (+5000) havok77 is a name known to all. (+5000) havok77 is a name known to all. (+5000) havok77 is a name known to all. (+5000) havok77 is a name known to all. (+5000) havok77 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    how is everyone doing ? anyone back to the gym yet ? how many of you were able to train at home ? I had some weights at home . I still trained 3 to 4 times a week and managed to stay on my diet . it's a easy time to make excuses . the home workouts were tough . but I refuse to move backwards .
    this is all up to you , great power lies in your hand's .