FreshbodyD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Exclamation Is a 6 day workout split worth it for bulking or cutting?

Hey guys I was wondering if a 6 day workout split is actually effective for bulking or cutting. By 6 day I mean Chest monday, back tuesday shoulders wednesday arms thursday legs friday, abs and auxiliary lifts saturday and then sunday off day. Does that work for either? I've read mixed reviews over whether this will allow you to pack on muscle or get shredded. Oh and the Abs on friday are not exclusive to friday, if I followed this plan I would probably hit abs 4 days out of the week and just emphasize on them on the marked ab day.
    Any thoughts?

jhew86 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jhew86 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jhew86 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jhew86 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jhew86 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jhew86 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jhew86 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jhew86 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jhew86 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jhew86 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jhew86 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Whether you bulk or cut, your training should remain the same. These are processes controlled by diet. As for a six day split, I would think that one would benefit more from frequent training rather than simply targeting each muscle once a week.
    Focus on getting STRONGER, size is an inevitable bi-product. If you can't squat with proper form you have no business at the rack.

"I'll give you one book to read, starting strength; read that book" -Jim Wendler, during the "Big" seminar.

Originally Posted by jhew86 View Post
    Whether you bulk or cut, your training should remain the same. These are processes controlled by diet. As for a six day split, I would think that one would benefit more from frequent training rather than simply targeting each muscle once a week.
    I'm sorry I should have been clearer, I was wondering if the 6 day split would be effective assuming you are following proper dieting for either a bulking or cutting regimen

Well the whole frequency thing is a problem. I used to pair chest day with triceps as well as shoulders, back day with biceps forearms and traps and then have a leg day. However I felt like I never really got everything done and that I was forced to put too much emphasis on certain bodyparts and too little on others