Thread: Chinese food

pznabyss is on a distinguished road. (+10) pznabyss is on a distinguished road. (+10) pznabyss is on a distinguished road. (+10) pznabyss is on a distinguished road. (+10) pznabyss is on a distinguished road. (+10) pznabyss is on a distinguished road. (+10) pznabyss is on a distinguished road. (+10) pznabyss is on a distinguished road. (+10) pznabyss is on a distinguished road. (+10) pznabyss is on a distinguished road. (+10) pznabyss is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Chinese food

I'm sorry if this has been asked hundreds of times, but I'm currently on a mostly clean bulk consisting of homemade food, a mass gainer, and protein bars. Today, I'd like to be lazy and order chinese food, preferably shrimp lo mein or shrimp and broccoli with rice.

I've been looking online for nutritional information and numbers vary greatly. For shrimp lo mein, some say that a cup contains about 300 calories, 7g fat, 35g carbs, and 13g protein, while another site says that 1 cup contains about 1000 calories, 42g fat, 64g carbs, and 28g protein.

http://www.fatsecret.com/calories-nu...in-with-shrimp
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/cal...o-mein-4822126
    http://www.livestrong.com/thedailypl...hrimp-lo-mein/

I've been counting my calories everyday, and if I eat this I won't know if I need to eat more or not eat at all to fill in my macros later that evening.
    If anybody with some knowledge can help, it'd be appreciated.

tden99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tden99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tden99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tden99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tden99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tden99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tden99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tden99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tden99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tden99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tden99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    You kind of need to average it and make an estimate on the ingredients. Don't sweat it too much today, I had some sort of turkey brie fig jam sandwich today and just guess, its not going to affect much in the long run

pznabyss is on a distinguished road. (+10) pznabyss is on a distinguished road. (+10) pznabyss is on a distinguished road. (+10) pznabyss is on a distinguished road. (+10) pznabyss is on a distinguished road. (+10) pznabyss is on a distinguished road. (+10) pznabyss is on a distinguished road. (+10) pznabyss is on a distinguished road. (+10) pznabyss is on a distinguished road. (+10) pznabyss is on a distinguished road. (+10) pznabyss is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Alright thank you. I think, if anything, I'll just do a little more cardio on Wednesday. Btw, the shrimp lo mein tastes so good after eating only bagels, pasta, chicken and other bulking foods.

TheSmack will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheSmack will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheSmack will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheSmack will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheSmack will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheSmack will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheSmack will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheSmack will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheSmack will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheSmack will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheSmack will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by pznabyss View Post
    Alright thank you. I think, if anything, I'll just do a little more cardio on Wednesday. Btw, the shrimp lo mein tastes so good after eating only bagels, pasta, chicken and other bulking foods.
    First off, there is no such thing as "bulking foods". Secondly, why limit yourself to such bland food selections?
    [If It Fits Your Macros Crew]

AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You'll find most people here eat bland foods cutting.... Not when bulking with a large caloric intake
    Yes... I've started a log - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=159357321

Originally Posted by AlwaysTryin View Post
    You'll find most people here eat bland foods cutting.... Not when bulking with a large caloric intake
    I'm trying to count calories and my macros as closely as possible, so the more complex foods I eat, the harder it becomes. Besides, my bulk is only about 2800 a day, macros are 350/80/150, so it fills ups quickly with my mass gainer and other foods.

And based off of other peoples bulking diets, they have similar meals to mine; pasta, bread, chicken, oats, etc.

Cheftepesh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cheftepesh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cheftepesh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cheftepesh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cheftepesh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cheftepesh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cheftepesh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cheftepesh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cheftepesh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cheftepesh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cheftepesh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    When it comes to Chinese food it is hard to calculate because of portion sizes and ingredient differentials. Take an average and if your bulking worry less than if your cutting. Also take into account all the sodium.
    If you not feeling the burn your not pushing hard enough.
    "Don't talk about it, be about it" MK
    Change, Challenge, Compete

AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I'm trying to count calories and my macros as closely as possible, so the more complex foods I eat, the harder it becomes. Besides, my bulk is only about 2800 a day, macros are 350/80/150, so it fills ups quickly with my mass gainer and other foods.

And based off of other peoples bulking diets, they have similar meals to mine; pasta, bread, chicken, oats, etc.
    Why waste calories on a mass gainer
    Yes... I've started a log - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=159357321

musikguy72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) musikguy72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) musikguy72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) musikguy72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) musikguy72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) musikguy72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) musikguy72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) musikguy72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) musikguy72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) musikguy72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) musikguy72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by AlwaysTryin View Post
    Why waste calories on a mass gainer
    That's exactly what I was about to post. Reminds me of people posting that they are bulking and can't get enough calories in a day but are drinking 2% milk.

Originally Posted by musikguy72 View Post
    That's exactly what I was about to post. Reminds me of people posting that they are bulking and can't get enough calories in a day but are drinking 2% milk.
    Sorry for late response, but I have work, and it takes a while to get to the gym. In between that, and the water I have to drink to not pass out in the heat, I can't eat that much food lol. But since I started I've been able to eat more since my stomach is getting used to the excessive amount of food.

Miickk will become famous soon enough. (+50) Miickk will become famous soon enough. (+50) Miickk will become famous soon enough. (+50) Miickk will become famous soon enough. (+50) Miickk will become famous soon enough. (+50) Miickk will become famous soon enough. (+50) Miickk will become famous soon enough. (+50) Miickk will become famous soon enough. (+50) Miickk will become famous soon enough. (+50) Miickk will become famous soon enough. (+50) Miickk will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I'm sorry if this has been asked hundreds of times, but I'm currently on a mostly clean bulk consisting of homemade food, a mass gainer, and protein bars. Today, I'd like to be lazy and order chinese food, preferably shrimp lo mein or shrimp and broccoli with rice.

I've been looking online for nutritional information and numbers vary greatly. For shrimp lo mein, some say that a cup contains about 300 calories, 7g fat, 35g carbs, and 13g protein, while another site says that 1 cup contains about 1000 calories, 42g fat, 64g carbs, and 28g protein.

http://www.fatsecret.com/calories-nu...in-with-shrimp
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/cal...o-mein-4822126
    http://www.livestrong.com/thedailypl...hrimp-lo-mein/

I've been counting my calories everyday, and if I eat this I won't know if I need to eat more or not eat at all to fill in my macros later that evening.
    If anybody with some knowledge can help, it'd be appreciated.
    I have been guessing the majority of my meals over the course of three days. Not a single **** has been given. Once you have weighed just about everything in sight, you begin to get a good understating of food simply by looking at it
    timetoshred.jpg

sammathew has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    There is a wide range of dishes in Chinese food that can provide you the correct amount of protein, carbohydrate and fats. You need to order it wisely. Chinese food is very delicious and healthy too. That's one of the prime reasons that restaurants offering Chinese food are always overcrowded, a simple solution to this problem is to order Chinese food online.
    Last edited by sammathew; 07-04-2012 at 11:16 PM.