Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    On dat DL rehab time... Meatros's Avatar
    Meatros is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Meatros is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Meatros is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Meatros is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Meatros is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Meatros is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Meatros is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Meatros is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Meatros is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Meatros is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Meatros is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I used to believe. I didn't really question it - I questioned certain aspects of my belief (inerrancy, YEC, both of which I dropped and was still able to believe). I then stumbled across a website that made some outrageous claims regarding Christian origins. I had to find out whether the claims of the website were true. So I did a bunch of research and I determined that they weren't. The door was open though, I had to know whether what I believed was true or not. I did some 'soul searching', a lot of reading, a lot of discussion, a lot of prayer, and in the end, I could no longer believe. I remember I used to pray several times a day for faith, for a sign, for help believing - in the end it didn't work.

MrRIP is just really nice. (+1000) MrRIP is just really nice. (+1000) MrRIP is just really nice. (+1000) MrRIP is just really nice. (+1000) MrRIP is just really nice. (+1000) MrRIP is just really nice. (+1000) MrRIP is just really nice. (+1000) MrRIP is just really nice. (+1000) MrRIP is just really nice. (+1000) MrRIP is just really nice. (+1000) MrRIP is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Jalexander1994 View Post
    I'm a Christian, but in no way hate atheists. I'm just curious why do you believe there is no God?
    I've seen many posts asking why us Christians believe in God, or other religious believe.
    But I'm curious why you believe what you do.

No hate.
    because there is no proof of one...

there is nothing on this planet that needs god...nothing

if there was a supernatural omnipotent being there would be evidence...there is none

AnotherBuckeye will become famous soon enough. (+50) AnotherBuckeye will become famous soon enough. (+50) AnotherBuckeye will become famous soon enough. (+50) AnotherBuckeye will become famous soon enough. (+50) AnotherBuckeye will become famous soon enough. (+50) AnotherBuckeye will become famous soon enough. (+50) AnotherBuckeye will become famous soon enough. (+50) AnotherBuckeye will become famous soon enough. (+50) AnotherBuckeye will become famous soon enough. (+50) AnotherBuckeye will become famous soon enough. (+50) AnotherBuckeye will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by MrRIP View Post
    because there is no proof of one...

there is nothing on this planet that needs god...nothing

if there was a supernatural omnipotent being there would be evidence...there is none
    Could the fact that the earth exists be proof? Two types of people exist those who look at things and everything is a miracle and to others nothing is. Who would say they have more peace when the die?

Facilitating the i̵̬͠l̴̺͒ Harbinger's Avatar
    Harbinger has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Harbinger has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Harbinger has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Harbinger has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Harbinger has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Harbinger has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Harbinger has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Harbinger has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Harbinger has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Harbinger has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Harbinger has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by AnotherBuckeye View Post
    Could the fact that the earth exists be proof? Two types of people exist those who look at things and everything is a miracle and to others nothing is. Who would say they have more peace when the die?
    The thing is, we know how planets form and god isn't necessary for it to happen.
    O|||||||O

lasher has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lasher has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lasher has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lasher has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lasher has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lasher has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lasher has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lasher has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lasher has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lasher has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lasher has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    It's easier than accepting accoutability and responsibility. I never have a reason to feel bad about anything I do because when I leave this life it doesn't matter who I screwed over... I'm just worm food.
    It would be insulting to atheists to use you as ammo in the moral argument for theism. So I won't.
    'On many levels, mathematics itself operates as Whiteness. Who gets credit for doing and developing mathematics, who is capable in mathematics, and who is seen as part of the mathematical community is generally viewed as White' - Rochelle Gutierrez, Professor of Mathematics at the University of Illinois.

MrRIP is just really nice. (+1000) MrRIP is just really nice. (+1000) MrRIP is just really nice. (+1000) MrRIP is just really nice. (+1000) MrRIP is just really nice. (+1000) MrRIP is just really nice. (+1000) MrRIP is just really nice. (+1000) MrRIP is just really nice. (+1000) MrRIP is just really nice. (+1000) MrRIP is just really nice. (+1000) MrRIP is just really nice. (+1000)
    No, planet formation is a process that has been confirmed. No god needed its a natural process.

AnotherBuckeye will become famous soon enough. (+50) AnotherBuckeye will become famous soon enough. (+50) AnotherBuckeye will become famous soon enough. (+50) AnotherBuckeye will become famous soon enough. (+50) AnotherBuckeye will become famous soon enough. (+50) AnotherBuckeye will become famous soon enough. (+50) AnotherBuckeye will become famous soon enough. (+50) AnotherBuckeye will become famous soon enough. (+50) AnotherBuckeye will become famous soon enough. (+50) AnotherBuckeye will become famous soon enough. (+50) AnotherBuckeye will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Harbinger View Post
    The thing is, we know how planets form and god isn't necessary for it to happen.
    Planets form from what??? Old joke: Scientists come to God and say they don't need him anymore (cure disease, feed everyone etc). God challenges them and says make a life. Scientist reaches down and grabs a handful of dirt. God says, "Hold on, get your own dirt."

Planets consist of matter.... who created the elements that make up the planets you mention?

Meatros is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Meatros is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Meatros is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Meatros is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Meatros is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Meatros is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Meatros is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Meatros is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Meatros is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Meatros is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Meatros is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Could the fact that the earth exists be proof?
    I can't think off hand as to how that argument would run. It could be a premise in a more general inductive/abductive argument, but I can't think of a proof (as in a deductive proof).

Two types of people exist those who look at things and everything is a miracle and to others nothing is. Who would say they have more peace when the die?
    Seems like there are three: People who see everything as a miracle, people who see somethings as miracles and others not so, and people who see no miracles. Shoot, you could say that there are people who do not think that 'miracles' expresses a coherent concept. Or someone could say that miracles are separate from God claims.

As to more peace - seems to met that dead men tell no tales.

I'm not an atheist out of comfort and I doubt that most theists would say that they are primarily believers because it comforts them to imagine an afterlife (Shermer's book indicates that most theists believe because of explanatory reasons; ie, God explains the cosmos). I'm not even sure beliefs work that way. What I mean is that 'theism/atheism' doesn't seem to be a choice in the same way that we tend to think of choice (ie, such as choosing what to eat). It's more complicated than that. For instance, it's not a matter of flipping a cognitive switch and suddenly I believe in bigfoot.

Facilitating the i̵̬͠l̴̺͒ Harbinger's Avatar
    Harbinger has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Harbinger has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Harbinger has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Harbinger has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Harbinger has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Harbinger has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Harbinger has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Harbinger has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Harbinger has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Harbinger has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Harbinger has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Planets form from what??? Old joke: Scientists come to God and say they don't need him anymore (cure disease, feed everyone etc). God challenges them and says make a life. Scientist reaches down and grabs a handful of dirt. God says, "Hold on, get your own dirt."

Planets consist of matter.... who created the elements that make up the planets you mention?
    That you used "who" instead of what speaks volumes. Those elements were created shortly after the big bang, most of them however didn't come into exestance until the first start went super nova.
    O|||||||O

Originally Posted by Meatros View Post
    I can't think off hand as to how that argument would run. It could be a premise in a more general inductive/abductive argument, but I can't think of a proof (as in a deductive proof).

Seems like there are three: People who see everything as a miracle, people who see somethings as miracles and others not so, and people who see no miracles. Shoot, you could say that there are people who do not think that 'miracles' expresses a coherent concept. Or someone could say that miracles are separate from God claims.

As to more peace - seems to met that dead men tell no tales.

I'm not an atheist out of comfort and I doubt that most theists would say that they are primarily believers because it comforts them to imagine an afterlife (Shermer's book indicates that most theists believe because of explanatory reasons; ie, God explains the cosmos). I'm not even sure beliefs work that way. What I mean is that 'theism/atheism' doesn't seem to be a choice in the same way that we tend to think of choice (ie, such as choosing what to eat). It's more complicated than that. For instance, it's not a matter of flipping a cognitive switch and suddenly I believe in bigfoot.
    Can't be an earth without God? Matter doesn't just appear. Big bang.... ok what was responsible? Big bang requires matter. Creation of antimatter requires someone to take the necessary steps, doesn't just happen and requires matter. Either way something couldn't just come from nothing.

lasher has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lasher has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lasher has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lasher has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lasher has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lasher has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lasher has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lasher has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lasher has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lasher has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lasher has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Can't be an earth without God? Matter doesn't just appear. Big bang.... ok what was responsible? Big bang requires matter. Creation of antimatter requires someone to take the necessary steps, doesn't just happen and requires matter. Either way something couldn't just come from nothing.
    You'll have to be very specific with what you mean by nothing going forward. trust me.
    'On many levels, mathematics itself operates as Whiteness. Who gets credit for doing and developing mathematics, who is capable in mathematics, and who is seen as part of the mathematical community is generally viewed as White' - Rochelle Gutierrez, Professor of Mathematics at the University of Illinois.

Jpenn89 is a name known to all. (+5000) Jpenn89 is a name known to all. (+5000) Jpenn89 is a name known to all. (+5000) Jpenn89 is a name known to all. (+5000) Jpenn89 is a name known to all. (+5000) Jpenn89 is a name known to all. (+5000) Jpenn89 is a name known to all. (+5000) Jpenn89 is a name known to all. (+5000) Jpenn89 is a name known to all. (+5000) Jpenn89 is a name known to all. (+5000) Jpenn89 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I am not going to sit here and drone on about "Herp derp no proof" Because that is not why I don't believe in god. I accept and understand that the idea of faith does not REQUIRE any sort of proof, and to me this idea of "Burden of proof" belongs to both sides, not just one.

I have a much different reason. I have not yet read through the thread so I am going to apologize in advance if this has already been said and pointed out (Which I am sure it has) But I morally cannot believe due to what goes on in the world today. The idea of a loving god that lets children starve, lets people beat their wives and children. Lets men rape and murder, and allows disease and genocide to run rampant in his domain, is contradictory at best. If god does exist he is cruel and does not deserve to be worshiped and revered the way I see done all the time.

"God" in the context of major religions, sees all and knows all, so he can and should prevent all of these things, but chooses not to. The idea that you can rape and murder children and other people, as long as you seek forgiveness you will be rewarded in the hereafter, but if you are a charitable, moral homosexual you will be punished for eternity makes me HATE "god" if he does exist.

I don't hate followers of god, I don't hate anyone... But I do hate your GOD, Real or not.

I read a quote from someone once, and agreed with in wholeheartedly. It went something along the lines of "When I die, if I find out that I was wrong about god, I still would not grant him my worship. I would choose an eternity of suffering over offering reverence to the Christian God. Lucifer is much less evil."
    Starting weight- May 14 2011- 184
    Current weight- 136

"Life is but a game, And once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box. No matter our nobility, we all emulate the same end. So take no pride in it, for it is but an illusion, we will reach upon the point where we will be judged standing alongside those we have commanded. Whether or not we treated them fairly predicts our outcome."

Reps owed:

psiconoclast is a jewel in the rough. (+500) psiconoclast is a jewel in the rough. (+500) psiconoclast is a jewel in the rough. (+500) psiconoclast is a jewel in the rough. (+500) psiconoclast is a jewel in the rough. (+500) psiconoclast is a jewel in the rough. (+500) psiconoclast is a jewel in the rough. (+500) psiconoclast is a jewel in the rough. (+500) psiconoclast is a jewel in the rough. (+500) psiconoclast is a jewel in the rough. (+500) psiconoclast is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Well said.

Something I often ponder is whether or not I would be an atheist if I had been raised a liberal Christian. Given how I was raised, and my intellectual predilections, I was on a crash course for extreme cognitive dissonance. Had my starting point been less extreme and more inherently flexible, it's entirely possible that I would still consider myself a Christian - not because the logic would really be any different, but because I likely never would have been motivated to put in any amount of effort on the subject.
    If you can't show it, you don't know it.

You are making an awful lot of assumptions here. It's hard to know where to begin.

I will say that your last sentence contradicts your entire argument. If something can't come from nothing, then it's nonsensical to say that something was responsible for the BB (presupposing the prior state was nothing) - as it had to be a transformation of matter (not an arising of matter).

Actually scratch that, I suppose you could say that something transformed that matter, but I get the sense that this is not where you are going here.

Originally Posted by lasher View Post
    You'll have to be very specific with what you mean by nothing going forward. trust me.
    Heh, would rep if I could. :-)

You are making an awful lot of assumptions here. It's hard to know where to begin.

I will say that your last sentence contradicts your entire argument. If something can't come from nothing, then it's nonsensical to say that something was responsible for the BB (presupposing the prior state was nothing) - as it had to be a transformation of matter (not an arising of matter).

Actually scratch that, I suppose you could say that something transformed that matter, but I get the sense that this is not where you are going here.
    In over my head. Will go back to there is no God and when we die we are worm food. That is a much better way to look at things. I guess I should spend more time disproving something I don't believe it.

Stizzel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Stizzel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Stizzel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Stizzel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Stizzel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Stizzel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Stizzel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Stizzel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Stizzel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Stizzel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Stizzel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Harbinger View Post
    Wow, two good posts and it's only June.

Does that mean I'm invited to come with you to Cancun?
    Official misc attaché to the Kremlin
    Наше дело правое.
    Враг будет разбит.
    Победа будет за нами!

Irezumi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Irezumi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Irezumi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Irezumi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Irezumi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Irezumi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Irezumi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Irezumi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Irezumi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Irezumi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Irezumi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by HELIX35 View Post
    Grew up a christian, slowly lost faith over the years after seeing the world. There is zero evidence of a god so I came upon two possible conclusions

1. There is no god

2. If there is he's certainly not a benevolent all loving entity that cares about us. If we were created, the creator moved on a long time ago.
    This...Except I was Muslim not Christian. The whole idea of faith, and basing your life on what might happen when you die is comical for me at best. I dont judge others for having faith and I dont hate religion. Its just not for me. I can honestly say I became a better person once I gave all that up.
    LE6920CA Magpul
    DDM4 V7
    Glock 19 Gen 3

Godfrd824 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Godfrd824 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Godfrd824 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Godfrd824 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Godfrd824 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Godfrd824 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Godfrd824 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Godfrd824 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Godfrd824 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Godfrd824 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Godfrd824 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    It's simple really, there's no proof, if proof arises, then I'll concede.
    When it comes your time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so that when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song and die like a hero going home.

000350 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 000350 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 000350 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 000350 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 000350 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 000350 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 000350 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 000350 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 000350 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 000350 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 000350 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I've never seen or heard god. The bible is full of errors especially the old testament.

209vaughn is a name known to all. (+5000) 209vaughn is a name known to all. (+5000) 209vaughn is a name known to all. (+5000) 209vaughn is a name known to all. (+5000) 209vaughn is a name known to all. (+5000) 209vaughn is a name known to all. (+5000) 209vaughn is a name known to all. (+5000) 209vaughn is a name known to all. (+5000) 209vaughn is a name known to all. (+5000) 209vaughn is a name known to all. (+5000) 209vaughn is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by MrRIP View Post
    No, planet formation is a process that has been confirmed. No god needed its a natural process.
    LOL ya in a reductionist sense at best. Weak argument is weak.
    Jesus/Gators/ManUtd/Investing

**Dad Crew**

---I drive with my sun visor down all year Crew---

XBL: SamRothstein712

pkahnman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) pkahnman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) pkahnman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) pkahnman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) pkahnman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) pkahnman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) pkahnman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) pkahnman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) pkahnman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) pkahnman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) pkahnman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Look the **** around you. Look at all the pain and torture your god has made. The everyday suffering that many go through

If god ends up being real and i see him at the gates i will tell him to go **** himself
    NY Rangers - NY Giants - NY Knicks - NY Yankees

"Beyond the very extreme of fatigue and distress, we may find amounts of ease and power we never dreamed ourselves to own; sources of strength never taxed at all because we never push through the obstruction"

CliffBoas is on a distinguished road. (+10) CliffBoas is on a distinguished road. (+10) CliffBoas is on a distinguished road. (+10) CliffBoas is on a distinguished road. (+10) CliffBoas is on a distinguished road. (+10) CliffBoas is on a distinguished road. (+10) CliffBoas is on a distinguished road. (+10) CliffBoas is on a distinguished road. (+10) CliffBoas is on a distinguished road. (+10) CliffBoas is on a distinguished road. (+10) CliffBoas is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I'm a Christian, but in no way hate atheists. I'm just curious why do you believe there is no God?
    I've seen many posts asking why us Christians believe in God, or other religious believe.
    But I'm curious why you believe what you do.

No hate.
    Why don’t I believe in God? No, no, no, why do YOU believe in God? Surely the burden of proof is on the believer. You started all this. If I came up to you and said, “Why don’t you believe I can fly?” you’d say, “Why would I?” I’d reply, “Because it’s a matter of faith.” If I then said, “Prove I can’t fly. Prove I can’t fly. See, see, you can’t prove it can you?” you’d probably either walk away, call security or throw me out of the window and shout, “fukking fly then, you lunatic.”

Jpenn89 is a name known to all. (+5000) Jpenn89 is a name known to all. (+5000) Jpenn89 is a name known to all. (+5000) Jpenn89 is a name known to all. (+5000) Jpenn89 is a name known to all. (+5000) Jpenn89 is a name known to all. (+5000) Jpenn89 is a name known to all. (+5000) Jpenn89 is a name known to all. (+5000) Jpenn89 is a name known to all. (+5000) Jpenn89 is a name known to all. (+5000) Jpenn89 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by pkahnman View Post
    Look the **** around you. Look at all the pain and torture your god has made. The everyday suffering that many go through

If god ends up being real and i see him at the gates i will tell him to go **** himself
    People don't like this answer. they don't want to explain why these things happen. and if they do they blame "the devil" for all the evil in the world.
    Starting weight- May 14 2011- 184
    Current weight- 136

"Life is but a game, And once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box. No matter our nobility, we all emulate the same end. So take no pride in it, for it is but an illusion, we will reach upon the point where we will be judged standing alongside those we have commanded. Whether or not we treated them fairly predicts our outcome."

Reps owed:

Pedicabo ego vos et irrum A-GAME's Avatar
    A-GAME has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) A-GAME has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) A-GAME has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) A-GAME has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) A-GAME has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) A-GAME has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) A-GAME has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) A-GAME has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) A-GAME has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) A-GAME has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) A-GAME has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Here is an idea OP. Why don't you go and pray to God, and tell him to come to the next bb.com misc meetup and we can all have a great time and eat pudding. Maybe then those crazy atheists will come around?
    Still Cuckin On Four Fours, Wrapped In Four Voes

Rune is a name known to all. (+5000) Rune is a name known to all. (+5000) Rune is a name known to all. (+5000) Rune is a name known to all. (+5000) Rune is a name known to all. (+5000) Rune is a name known to all. (+5000) Rune is a name known to all. (+5000) Rune is a name known to all. (+5000) Rune is a name known to all. (+5000) Rune is a name known to all. (+5000) Rune is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by A-GAME View Post
    Here is an idea OP. Why don't you go and pray to God, and tell him to come to the next bb.com misc meetup and we can all have a great time and eat pudding. Maybe then those crazy atheists will come around?
    I fuking hate pudding bro, wtf is this ****. No deal.
    Don't get set into one form, adapt it and build your own, and let it grow, be like water. Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless, like water. Now you put water in a cup, it becomes the cup; You put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle; You put it in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend. - Bruce Lee

lucious is just really nice. (+1000) lucious is just really nice. (+1000) lucious is just really nice. (+1000) lucious is just really nice. (+1000) lucious is just really nice. (+1000) lucious is just really nice. (+1000) lucious is just really nice. (+1000) lucious is just really nice. (+1000) lucious is just really nice. (+1000) lucious is just really nice. (+1000) lucious is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by 209vaughn View Post
    LOL ya in a reductionist sense at best. Weak argument is weak.
    we need god to make planets? wasnt aware of this
    Nov 04-fatass @40%bf

Jan 06- buff(apparently) @ ermm i dunno, still have a gut though,

long term goal= jacked @ 7% bf, get the damn abs to show themselves

dakensta has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dakensta has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dakensta has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dakensta has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dakensta has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dakensta has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dakensta has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dakensta has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dakensta has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dakensta has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dakensta has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I'm just curious why do you believe there is no God?
    The same reason grownups believe there is no Santa Claus.
    Santa, like god, is just made up by people more powerful than us, (adults in the case of a child's belief in Santa, religious leaders in the case of god) in order to control us.
    Some of us realise this, regardless of how painful and scary it is; and some of us continue to live a childlike* spiritual (for want of a better word) life.
    GO LOCAL SPORTSBALL TEAM

*** Pureblood Master Race - PM for free sperm sample, personally, and 𝘪𝘯𝘵𝘪𝘮𝘢𝘵𝘦𝘭𝘺 delivered (ladies only) ***

*** Official Misc Photography Crew ***

odangdude will become famous soon enough. (+50) odangdude will become famous soon enough. (+50) odangdude will become famous soon enough. (+50) odangdude will become famous soon enough. (+50) odangdude will become famous soon enough. (+50) odangdude will become famous soon enough. (+50) odangdude will become famous soon enough. (+50) odangdude will become famous soon enough. (+50) odangdude will become famous soon enough. (+50) odangdude will become famous soon enough. (+50) odangdude will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    i am starting to lean towards agnosticism. I claimed to be a christian for the past two years... and a lot of things just don't make sense...

as of right now, billions of people are going to hell. Millions are already there. this is according to the bible. the standards in the bible on who makes it to heaven are very strict. If god was all loving/knowing/powerful, why is he losing to satan? and if you argue jesus defeated satan, just look at the score board... there is absolutely no way to justify billions of people suffering in hell for all eternity. nobody has a choice in being born, so you can't call it free will. threatening to send people to hell if they don't 'worship' you is not love

PaulG is a name known to all. (+5000) PaulG is a name known to all. (+5000) PaulG is a name known to all. (+5000) PaulG is a name known to all. (+5000) PaulG is a name known to all. (+5000) PaulG is a name known to all. (+5000) PaulG is a name known to all. (+5000) PaulG is a name known to all. (+5000) PaulG is a name known to all. (+5000) PaulG is a name known to all. (+5000) PaulG is a name known to all. (+5000)

Originally Posted by Rune View Post
    It's easier than accepting accoutability and responsibility. I never have a reason to feel bad about anything I do because when I leave this life it doesn't matter who I screwed over... I'm just worm food.
    There's this little thing called empathy you experience when you're capable of thinking at a higher level than a rock.

Humility is a huge part of my life when looking at the bigger picture of things. Atheists/Agnosticism seems to all float the profound connection and realization of the universe as a bigger thing to us all. In may ways the awe experienced is similar to a theists awe of God.

When a man of God watches the stars in this realm, they're in awe of God's work. When an Atheist/Agnostic sees the stars, we're also in awe, and it feels and seems to be alot more than what a theist can feel.

The thing is arrogance is just a form of ignorance, and AnotherBuckeye's logic is of an individual who cannot rationalize their own understandings of life and the universe. It is quite hard to cut the stems of religion out of ones life, its is equally difficult to build rationalization for the universe. That is why parenting is important, and to indoctrinate a child with the ability to rationalize their own thoughts and understandings is important for people like AnotherBuckeye.

Last edited by PaulG; 06-29-2012 at 10:40 PM.