Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    p3pe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) p3pe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) p3pe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) p3pe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) p3pe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) p3pe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) p3pe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) p3pe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) p3pe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

The role of sleep

The human body is amazing biological machine, which is subjected to more stress, the faster it grows and develops strength. This is what we do when we train, we put our bodies and minds are increasingly high levels of stress. Therefore, to gain maximum benefit from the training you need to get enough hours of sleep.
    It is generally accepted that most people need about 8 hours of sleep a day, but people are different.
    This is the program step by step, you learned what means "perfect quality of sleep."

PROGRAM

Step 1
    Decide How much you want to devote time to sleep and at what time are you going to wake up. You may need to adjust to working hours or other individual circumstances. Be reasonable, do not start to add another hour of sleep before starting work / training, then fooling himself. Keep up to now, also on weekends. Everyone knows that sometimes it's hard to get up, but it just takes a while, you woke up and started in full than function. The same is with the battery when it needs recharging. (Digression)

Step 2
    Ask yourself how much you wyspałeś, if you still feel very tired in the morning, try to set a wake-up call for another time and go to sleep. Remember that too much sleep can negatively influence you, because then they will play a key role automatically your body and you will feel very slow. If you wake up during the deep stages of sleep, you will feel much worse than during the morning wake up call. So it is better to pre-plan a larger / smaller number of hours of sleep.

Step 3
    Now, when it's scheduled time to sleep, to relax you, stick with it as much as you can. Remember that you must stick to your plan. You can not "catch up" on sleep, it does not work that way, so do not try to deceive yourself. If you feel very tired that day, you can go to bed an hour / two hours earlier. You will feel much better.
    If you feel very tired during the day for whatever reason, naps can often be very beneficial. Some people do not feel better using them, so they are not for every positive. After a few hours of sleep on the couch in the afternoon, even though you feel tired still do not go to sleep because your body when you wake up will always feel tired, it's like a transitional mode. You have to gradually put to bed to sleep on your specified time. Conversely, it will unfortunately disrupt your sleep at night, which will achieve poor quality rest. Do not do this unless you are really sick.

Step 4
    Before going to bed, do not eat sugar and do not drink caffeine.
    See how much caffeine you consume each day and try not to exceed a time limit in which you slowly preparing to sleep (about 3-4 hours before bedtime) Every body reacts differently to it.

Sleep is a key element for good health and education, I appreciate it, because some people do not even know it.

SMKillerBody has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SMKillerBody has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SMKillerBody has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SMKillerBody has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SMKillerBody has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SMKillerBody has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SMKillerBody has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SMKillerBody has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SMKillerBody has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SMKillerBody has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I devoted a whole chapter to the topic of sleep in a book I just wrote. I think it is things like this that seem to go unnoticed by most people. Great post!

stealthmedia will become famous soon enough. (+50) stealthmedia will become famous soon enough. (+50) stealthmedia will become famous soon enough. (+50) stealthmedia will become famous soon enough. (+50) stealthmedia will become famous soon enough. (+50) stealthmedia will become famous soon enough. (+50) stealthmedia will become famous soon enough. (+50) stealthmedia will become famous soon enough. (+50) stealthmedia will become famous soon enough. (+50) stealthmedia will become famous soon enough. (+50) stealthmedia will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Instead of stopping caffeine 3-4 hours before sleep it would be more beneficial to stop caffeine intake by the time the sun sets. The sun setting is the main cue for your body to begin melatonin production leading up to sleep.
    SQ: 225x5 (High-bar ATG)
    DL: 295x5/315x1

"Many basic or compound exercises (e.g. squat, bench press, etc.) have a bell shaped resistance curves or shift the resistance through multiple muscle groups throughout the exercise's range of motion allowing the muscles to momentarily relax between repetitions. This period of momentary relaxation between repetitions allows greater opportunity for momentary blood flow permitting the clearing of acid accumulation."

stevialu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thank you, it's a great post. Sleep is very important, but if it is easy for me to wake up at night, what should I pay attention to?

egosum12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) egosum12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) egosum12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) egosum12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) egosum12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) egosum12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) egosum12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) egosum12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) egosum12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) egosum12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) egosum12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Good article

canuckmike will become famous soon enough. (+50) canuckmike will become famous soon enough. (+50) canuckmike will become famous soon enough. (+50) canuckmike will become famous soon enough. (+50) canuckmike will become famous soon enough. (+50) canuckmike will become famous soon enough. (+50) canuckmike will become famous soon enough. (+50) canuckmike will become famous soon enough. (+50) canuckmike will become famous soon enough. (+50) canuckmike will become famous soon enough. (+50) canuckmike will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    We all know sleep is important, if your a very light sleeper like me getting it is a whole other story!

Icanlift is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Icanlift is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Icanlift is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Icanlift is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Icanlift is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Icanlift is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Icanlift is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Icanlift is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Icanlift is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Icanlift is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Icanlift is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Is it okay if I take a protein shake and then take a 1-2 hour nap?
    I always tell the truth, even when I lie

JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    nice article and sleep is so important. Ive said this for many years.
    Disclaimer: The above post is my personal opinion and does not represent the official position of any company or entity. It does not constitute medical advice.

Online coaching avilable
    ******** Great Physique Fitness https://www.********.com/Great-Physique-Fitness-575323199169735/?ref=hl
    Twitter SmetonFitness https://twitter.com/SmetonFitness
    Instagram https://www.instagram.com/great_physique_fitness/?hl=en

russiax has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) russiax has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) russiax has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) russiax has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) russiax has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) russiax has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) russiax has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) russiax has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) russiax has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    great
    #Street workout
    #Pull-ups
    #MIdget AA hockey
    #Boxe

Easty20 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Easty20 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Easty20 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Easty20 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Easty20 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Easty20 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Easty20 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by Icanlift View Post
    Is it okay if I take a protein shake and then take a 1-2 hour nap?
    It's fine!
    "If tomorrow doesn't happen would you still do what you're about to do today? If that answer is no, on a repetitive basis, you're not living. You're alive but you're not living." - Greg Plitt

**Started lifting thinking i'd be zyzz'd in 1 year Crew**

Euanjm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Euanjm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Euanjm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Euanjm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Euanjm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Euanjm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Euanjm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Euanjm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Euanjm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Euanjm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Euanjm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Always getting my 9 hours

LudvigS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    +1 Sleep is important. People drink too much caffeine seriously.
    http://www.startgainingmomentum.com/
    My blog on practical self-development.

ConnorBryant has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Nice post! Nice article. Cheers.
    very clear and succinct.

As far as caffeine, ideally, you shouldn't be drinking any. If you do, shouldn't be after lunch.

If you are waking up at night (unless you have a reason, like the neighbours cats are making mad love to each other like mine do) then you're circadian rhythms are probably off (like most people's these days are).

There's a good article and review for some sun clock thing about this on the
    LEARNING THE STEEL
    website for discipline, motivation, building willpower etc...but also talks about sleep

PharmaFreak1 is just really nice. (+1000) PharmaFreak1 is just really nice. (+1000) PharmaFreak1 is just really nice. (+1000) PharmaFreak1 is just really nice. (+1000) PharmaFreak1 is just really nice. (+1000) PharmaFreak1 is just really nice. (+1000) PharmaFreak1 is just really nice. (+1000) PharmaFreak1 is just really nice. (+1000) PharmaFreak1 is just really nice. (+1000) PharmaFreak1 is just really nice. (+1000) PharmaFreak1 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Great article!

I am a very light sleeper, so I was constantly feeling tired. What I have found works best for me is:

1. Having a set bedtime and wakeup time
    2. Avoiding caffeine past 6:00pm
    3. Taking a sleep aid. I use GH Freak , obvioiusly! lol - - but I figure that I may as well take a supplement that'll also boost natural GH production if I'm taking a sleep aid as well
    4. Making sure to not train within 3 hours of bedtime (this always amps me up and I end up with too much energy to relax and fall asleep)
    5. Try to avoid drinking too many fluids 1-2 hours before bedtime, because then I end up waking up a million times to go to the washroom!....

This topic is ignored way too much, great post!
    Paul Teixeira

PharmaFreak Representative
    2013 Canadian CBBF Bantamweight Bodybuilding Champion

www.********.com/pharmafreak
    www.twitter.com/pharmafreak
    www.instagram.com/pharmafreak
    www.pinterest.com/search/?q=Pharmafreak
    www.plus.google.com/116513041929785949607/posts
    www.youtube.com/user/RippedFreakVideos

I Do It On My Own xxsupergman25xx's Avatar
    xxsupergman25xx is just really nice. (+1000) xxsupergman25xx is just really nice. (+1000) xxsupergman25xx is just really nice. (+1000) xxsupergman25xx is just really nice. (+1000) xxsupergman25xx is just really nice. (+1000) xxsupergman25xx is just really nice. (+1000) xxsupergman25xx is just really nice. (+1000) xxsupergman25xx is just really nice. (+1000) xxsupergman25xx is just really nice. (+1000) xxsupergman25xx is just really nice. (+1000) xxsupergman25xx is just really nice. (+1000)
    awesome article. for a couple years now i have stressed an important nights sleep and my life has much better since implementing it.
    http://forms.aweber.com/form/85/1635053985.htm - Newsletter!

Posts are my personal opinion and does not represent the official position of any company or entity. It does not constitute medical advice.
    -----------------------------------
    Baseball insane

i do it all on my own

geniash has a spectacular aura about. (+250) geniash has a spectacular aura about. (+250) geniash has a spectacular aura about. (+250) geniash has a spectacular aura about. (+250) geniash has a spectacular aura about. (+250) geniash has a spectacular aura about. (+250) geniash has a spectacular aura about. (+250) geniash has a spectacular aura about. (+250) geniash has a spectacular aura about. (+250) geniash has a spectacular aura about. (+250) geniash has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    +1. I use Sleep Cycle app to track my sleep pattern and really like the functionality to wake me up at the most appropriate time in the cycle.

heinstein has a spectacular aura about. (+250) heinstein has a spectacular aura about. (+250) heinstein has a spectacular aura about. (+250) heinstein has a spectacular aura about. (+250) heinstein has a spectacular aura about. (+250) heinstein has a spectacular aura about. (+250) heinstein has a spectacular aura about. (+250) heinstein has a spectacular aura about. (+250) heinstein has a spectacular aura about. (+250) heinstein has a spectacular aura about. (+250) heinstein has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    you can not "catch up" on sleep. Please explain.
    Follow my quest for 100,000 pull ups this year

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Asj9kQZoAthCdEwyN3JWdEE3cFdnOC1YcTRZR01kVVE#gid=0

OTERASTIOS is on a distinguished road. (+10) OTERASTIOS is on a distinguished road. (+10) OTERASTIOS is on a distinguished road. (+10) OTERASTIOS is on a distinguished road. (+10) OTERASTIOS is on a distinguished road. (+10) OTERASTIOS is on a distinguished road. (+10) OTERASTIOS is on a distinguished road. (+10) OTERASTIOS is on a distinguished road. (+10) OTERASTIOS is on a distinguished road. (+10) OTERASTIOS is on a distinguished road. (+10) OTERASTIOS is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    very good article

McDoubles is just really nice. (+1000) McDoubles is just really nice. (+1000) McDoubles is just really nice. (+1000) McDoubles is just really nice. (+1000) McDoubles is just really nice. (+1000) McDoubles is just really nice. (+1000) McDoubles is just really nice. (+1000) McDoubles is just really nice. (+1000) McDoubles is just really nice. (+1000) McDoubles is just really nice. (+1000) McDoubles is just really nice. (+1000)
    Thanks man! RECOVERY!!
    The Shepherd's shepherd
    Too many favorite bible passages 39:27

CEO 10k/day
    hardworksports.net

thomasbroad has a spectacular aura about. (+250) thomasbroad has a spectacular aura about. (+250) thomasbroad has a spectacular aura about. (+250) thomasbroad has a spectacular aura about. (+250) thomasbroad has a spectacular aura about. (+250) thomasbroad has a spectacular aura about. (+250) thomasbroad has a spectacular aura about. (+250) thomasbroad has a spectacular aura about. (+250) thomasbroad has a spectacular aura about. (+250) thomasbroad has a spectacular aura about. (+250) thomasbroad has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Great article.
    It's a topic I want to learn more about.
    Repped.

painholic is on a distinguished road. (+10) painholic is on a distinguished road. (+10) painholic is on a distinguished road. (+10) painholic is on a distinguished road. (+10) painholic is on a distinguished road. (+10) painholic is on a distinguished road. (+10) painholic is on a distinguished road. (+10) painholic is on a distinguished road. (+10) painholic is on a distinguished road. (+10) painholic is on a distinguished road. (+10) painholic is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    nice post!

humangus has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) humangus has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) humangus has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) humangus has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) humangus has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) humangus has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) humangus has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) humangus has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) humangus has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) humangus has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) humangus has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Here is an interesting study on sleep and testosterone levels. It looks like the amount of sleep you get can really impact your test levels.

J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2003 Jul;88(7):3099-104.
    Seasonal variation of testosterone and waist to hip ratio in men: the Tromsø study.
    Svartberg J, Jorde R, Sundsfjord J, Bønaa KH, Barrett-Connor E.
    Source http://www.mindandmuscle.net/article...l-prohormones/

Department of Medicine, University Hospital of North Norway, N-9038 Tromsø. johan.svartberg@unn.no
    Abstract

Studies of seasonal variation in male testosterone levels show contradictory results. We report here a cross-sectional study of the seasonal variation in total and free testosterone, LH, and SHBG levels in 1548 men living in north Norway, a population exposed to a wide seasonal variation in temperature and daylight. Total testosterone showed a bimodal seasonal variation (P < 0.001) with a small peak in February, the nadir in June, and a more prominent peak in October and November. Free testosterone also showed a significant seasonal pattern (P < 0.001), with the peak in December and the nadir in August. These patterns persisted after adjusting for age and waist to hip ratio (P < 0.001). Lowest testosterone levels occurred in months with the highest temperatures and longest hours of daylight. Waist to hip ratio paralleled the change in daylight and temperature, with the highest values during the summer and was thus inversely related to the seasonal testosterone variation. The variations in hormone levels were large, with a 31% difference between the lowest and highest monthly mean level of free testosterone. Prospective studies are needed to establish the direction of the association and its etiology.
    on my way up to 155lbs

fitnessbrah91 is not very well liked. (-100) fitnessbrah91 is not very well liked. (-100) fitnessbrah91 is not very well liked. (-100) fitnessbrah91 is not very well liked. (-100) fitnessbrah91 is not very well liked. (-100) fitnessbrah91 is not very well liked. (-100) fitnessbrah91 is not very well liked. (-100) fitnessbrah91 is not very well liked. (-100) fitnessbrah91 is not very well liked. (-100) fitnessbrah91 is not very well liked. (-100) fitnessbrah91 is not very well liked. (-100)
    thanks for the post bro

Luke112 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Luke112 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Luke112 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Luke112 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Luke112 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Luke112 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Luke112 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Luke112 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Luke112 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Luke112 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Luke112 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    couldnt agree more, nice one
    Eat, Sleep, Train, repeat..

I Do It On My Own xxsupergman25xx's Avatar
    xxsupergman25xx is just really nice. (+1000) xxsupergman25xx is just really nice. (+1000) xxsupergman25xx is just really nice. (+1000) xxsupergman25xx is just really nice. (+1000) xxsupergman25xx is just really nice. (+1000) xxsupergman25xx is just really nice. (+1000) xxsupergman25xx is just really nice. (+1000) xxsupergman25xx is just really nice. (+1000) xxsupergman25xx is just really nice. (+1000) xxsupergman25xx is just really nice. (+1000) xxsupergman25xx is just really nice. (+1000)
    i cant take caffeine 8 hours before bed. it will keep me up. sugar will also keep me up and ruin my sleep. i have almost 0grams for about 2-3 hours before sleep. i take 3mg of melatonin every night for 4 yrs now. helps tremendously.
    http://forms.aweber.com/form/85/1635053985.htm - Newsletter!

Posts are my personal opinion and does not represent the official position of any company or entity. It does not constitute medical advice.
    Baseball insane

i do it all on my own

mack137 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mack137 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mack137 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mack137 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mack137 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mack137 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mack137 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mack137 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mack137 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mack137 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mack137 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Agreed sleep is very important. Having sex before sleep also plays mojor role in bodybuilding. Having good sex accompanied by sleep and protein shakes and then gym will build you strong and results will be graet.

ANDYtheHUMAN will become famous soon enough. (+50) ANDYtheHUMAN will become famous soon enough. (+50) ANDYtheHUMAN will become famous soon enough. (+50) ANDYtheHUMAN will become famous soon enough. (+50) ANDYtheHUMAN will become famous soon enough. (+50) ANDYtheHUMAN will become famous soon enough. (+50) ANDYtheHUMAN will become famous soon enough. (+50) ANDYtheHUMAN will become famous soon enough. (+50) ANDYtheHUMAN will become famous soon enough. (+50) ANDYtheHUMAN will become famous soon enough. (+50) ANDYtheHUMAN will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Restless children. A sleep lovers nightmare. Srs. I have one.
    Had up to 3 w relationships. So hard to sleep. So hard. this is y I'm up now. She wakes me from dream. Then passes out. I'm wide awake.
    Life is 10% what you make it and 90% how you take it

Don't tread on me... I'll stomp your f*****g corpse.

The Lord helps those who help themselves.

Former Fat Kid crew
    Former Bullied Crew
    Never Again Crew

Location: Edinburgh, Midlothian, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    backisassuk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) backisassuk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) backisassuk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) backisassuk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) backisassuk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) backisassuk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) backisassuk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) backisassuk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) backisassuk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) backisassuk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) backisassuk has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    One thing that bothers me is people saying about regulating sleep with when the sun sets, rises or whatever. This varies majorly in different countries where countries get very differential amounts of sun where they are situated. What is the answer to this when comparing countries like Iceland and China?

Summer2Z has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    just cant say goodbye to my bed in the morning..

rrudy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Sleep reply

Nice article bro. I never really paid attention to the role of sleep until a few months ago. With my schedule, it is sometimes hard to get the 7-8 hrs of sleep. I notice that when I go a few days with say 5 hrs of sleep, then I get 8 hrs or more on another day, all the muscles that I had been working on the last few days feel sore...almost like they were just waiting for quality sleep to start recovering.