Thread: Too much tuna?

Registered User RyanCrunkstable's Avatar
    RyanCrunkstable has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RyanCrunkstable has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Too much tuna?

Being in the coast guard it's hard to always get all my right meals and at the right time. Since tuna is cheap, good and a solid deal of protein, is it ok to eat a can 2-3 times daily as part of my meat/protein intake for the day? It's not my only source of meat but easy to use and get in through day. Just wondering if there's such thing as too much tuna. Also, I'm training to add size.
    Can't means won't

TheSmack will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheSmack will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheSmack will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheSmack will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheSmack will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheSmack will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheSmack will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheSmack will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheSmack will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheSmack will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheSmack will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Yes, there is such thing as too much tuna. I'd say 2-3 cans everyday is too much and may lead to some form of mercury poisoning. Meal frequency and meal timing is mostly irrelevant. What's important is hitting your calorie and macronutrient goals by the end of the day before you go to bed.

If you're having trouble eating throughout the day due to a busy schedule, I suggest trying intermittent fasting. Info can be found here: http://www.leangains.com/
    [If It Fits Your Macros Crew]

Cwoyto has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Cwoyto has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Cwoyto has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Cwoyto has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Cwoyto has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Cwoyto has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Cwoyto has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Cwoyto has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Cwoyto has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Cwoyto has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Cwoyto has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Mercury poisoning is a myth. I really don't want to explain it so please just google it. There are MANY sides of the story of mercury poisoning, just I have been eating 2-5 cans of tuna a day for years, and the doctor said my mercury levels were fine.