Grendizer is on a distinguished road. (+10) Grendizer is on a distinguished road. (+10) Grendizer is on a distinguished road. (+10) Grendizer is on a distinguished road. (+10) Grendizer is on a distinguished road. (+10) Grendizer is on a distinguished road. (+10) Grendizer is on a distinguished road. (+10) Grendizer is on a distinguished road. (+10) Grendizer is on a distinguished road. (+10) Grendizer is on a distinguished road. (+10) Grendizer is on a distinguished road. (+10)

IIFYM Question, just really need to know those answers.

Hi guys, Im using IIFYM since 2 months? and its great, fixed me from 'binge eating habit' and now its much better..

okay so, i have some questions

1) lets say a person eats 200g of white rice another eats 200g of brown rice

the white rice and brown rice, whats the difference according to 'the calories burned..etc' like I heared the brown rice takes your body more time to 'digest' so it uses more 'calories' to digest it? than white?

or lets compare the same calories of honey, with the same calories of brown rice..

wont brown rice make your body use more calories to digest it down? and if it does, its a very low difference? (like your body uses 5 calories to digest it) or its EXACTLY the same as eating both?

2) do you know people who were really fat, and used IIFYM and lost weight until even 8-10%? from like 30-40%? because I heared some people need to strict diet because somehow they are 'carb sensitive' or such..

3) does different people respond differently from healthy/unhealthy food? (eating whole healthy food, fruits..etc) will have different respond to eating sugary candy to their body?

Because I know my friends grandma used to eat a tablespoon of honey and it causes her to gain weight, but she said if she eats something else, she doesnt, probably she got a health problem? or its true that different body's respond differently according to food types?

Thanks

AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    1) TEF difference would be minimal at best and you'd burn more calories stressing over which would require more.

2) You don't seem to know what "IIFYM" means, why would they not lose weight at a calorie deficit?

3) Nutrients etc are different in candy vs vegetables. Weight loss =/= health

The grandma doesn't gain weight from eating a tablespoon of honey
    Yes... I've started a log - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=159357321

Chasing cats since 1967 WonderPug's Avatar
    WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    1. You're not comparing isocaloric portions. TEF is functionally meaningless in a rational diet.

2. It seems that you don't have a clue about IIFYM's (basically DCA) and thus you're asking an illogical question.

3. The composite of one's entire diet can be "healthy" or "unhealthy", depending on energy balance and micro/macronutrient sufficiency, as well as the intake of potentially injurious substances (mercury, for example). However, individual foods, outside the context of total daily intake, are not meaningfully "healthy" or "unhealthy".

Flex500 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Flex500 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Flex500 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Flex500 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Flex500 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Flex500 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Flex500 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Flex500 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Flex500 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Flex500 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Flex500 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Grendizer View Post
    Hi guys, Im using IIFYM since 2 months? and its great, fixed me from 'binge eating habit' and now its much better..

okay so, i have some questions

1) lets say a person eats 200g of white rice another eats 200g of brown rice

the white rice and brown rice, whats the difference according to 'the calories burned..etc' like I heared the brown rice takes your body more time to 'digest' so it uses more 'calories' to digest it? than white?

or lets compare the same calories of honey, with the same calories of brown rice..

wont brown rice make your body use more calories to digest it down? and if it does, its a very low difference? (like your body uses 5 calories to digest it) or its EXACTLY the same as eating both?

2) do you know people who were really fat, and used IIFYM and lost weight until even 8-10%? from like 30-40%? because I heared some people need to strict diet because somehow they are 'carb sensitive' or such..

3) does different people respond differently from healthy/unhealthy food? (eating whole healthy food, fruits..etc) will have different respond to eating sugary candy to their body?

Because I know my friends grandma used to eat a tablespoon of honey and it causes her to gain weight, but she said if she eats something else, she doesnt, probably she got a health problem? or its true that different body's respond differently according to food types?

Thanks

your 17 which is why you are way over thinking this. Bodybuilders have been using IIFYM for years to get in shredded shape. Don't get caught up in the "rules" of IIFYM. All it is is making macro goals and eating that for the day. As far as body composition a carb is carb a fat is a fat. Try to eat a well rounded micronutrient dense diet.

Don't get caught up in all the good carb vs bad carb. Pick your macro's and eat those for the day. You don't have to eat brown rice and you don't have to eat pizza and beer either. Honey verse rice adn brown verse white are all semantics just eat your designated amount of carbs, fat and protein.

The amount used for digestion from one compared to the other is negligible. If you are in a calorie deficit you will lose weight.

Grendizer is on a distinguished road. (+10) Grendizer is on a distinguished road. (+10) Grendizer is on a distinguished road. (+10) Grendizer is on a distinguished road. (+10) Grendizer is on a distinguished road. (+10) Grendizer is on a distinguished road. (+10) Grendizer is on a distinguished road. (+10) Grendizer is on a distinguished road. (+10) Grendizer is on a distinguished road. (+10) Grendizer is on a distinguished road. (+10) Grendizer is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Thank you everyone, so it wont matter to eat honey instead of white/brown rice (if my micros fit already), thats what I understand, okay and thank you for your help.. I appreciate, repped all of you, thanks again!

IanR1205 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IanR1205 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IanR1205 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IanR1205 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IanR1205 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IanR1205 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IanR1205 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IanR1205 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IanR1205 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IanR1205 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IanR1205 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Thank you everyone, so it wont matter to eat honey instead of white/brown rice (if my micros fit already), thats what I understand, okay and thank you for your help.. I appreciate, repped all of you, thanks again!
    What good are your reps when you're red? Here, let me help you out.

Chasing cats since 1967 WonderPug's Avatar
    WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    so it wont matter to eat honey instead of white/brown rice (if my micros fit already), thats what I understand
    You need to ensure both micronutrient and macronutrient sufficiency while meeting your energy target. Ignoring micronutrient sufficiency is a recipe for disaster.