T150 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) T150 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) T150 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) T150 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) T150 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) T150 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) T150 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) T150 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) T150 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) T150 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) T150 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Does whey make anyone else feel more hungry?

I'm not talking post workout, I'm talking random cup of water with whey protein, followed by an insatiable craving to eat anything in sight 10 mins later.

Though this is probably a good thing since a have a naturally weak appetite.

Mean_Bean is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mean_Bean is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mean_Bean is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mean_Bean is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mean_Bean is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mean_Bean is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mean_Bean is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mean_Bean is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mean_Bean is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mean_Bean is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mean_Bean is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    whey protein is present in many other foods. Does it make you more hungry when you consume a glass of milk? I think it's merely psychological.
    After a shake, I feel nourished for a while.
    Livestrong!

Aggressive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Aggressive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Aggressive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Aggressive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Aggressive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Aggressive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Aggressive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Aggressive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Aggressive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Aggressive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Aggressive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Im hungry all the dam time recently. Have been eating on off non-stop since I came into work this morning

edit: just read title properly. Nah, not that Ive noticed
    We have enslaved the rest of the animal creation, and have treated our distant cousins in fur and feathers so badly that beyond doubt, if they were able to formulate a religion, they would depict the Devil in human form.

~ William Ralph Inge

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Carbs make me feel unstoppably hungry. Keeping carbs low and unprocessed helps more than anything.

My protein shakes are a whey/casein blend which have a thickening agent - they actually contribute quite well to satiety.

naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Whey does get digested pretty quickly and doesn't really satiate you, this is where casein differs as it does satiate you (which is good for those dieting).
    Free Agent

Instagram.com/naturalguy2.0

Terrified of Bulking Flashkicker's Avatar
    Flashkicker will become famous soon enough. (+50) Flashkicker will become famous soon enough. (+50) Flashkicker will become famous soon enough. (+50) Flashkicker will become famous soon enough. (+50) Flashkicker will become famous soon enough. (+50) Flashkicker will become famous soon enough. (+50) Flashkicker will become famous soon enough. (+50) Flashkicker will become famous soon enough. (+50) Flashkicker will become famous soon enough. (+50) Flashkicker will become famous soon enough. (+50) Flashkicker will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Drinking a protein shake makes me feel like i wasted calories on a liquid and could have eaten some chicken or steak or etc... They are about as filling as an equivalent amount of water.

steffir is on a distinguished road. (+10) steffir is on a distinguished road. (+10) steffir is on a distinguished road. (+10) steffir is on a distinguished road. (+10) steffir is on a distinguished road. (+10) steffir is on a distinguished road. (+10) steffir is on a distinguished road. (+10) steffir is on a distinguished road. (+10) steffir is on a distinguished road. (+10) steffir is on a distinguished road. (+10) steffir is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by T150 View Post
    I'm not talking post workout, I'm talking random cup of water with whey protein, followed by an insatiable craving to eat anything in sight 10 mins later.

Though this is probably a good thing since a have a naturally weak appetite.
    If I'm not mistaken, whey is product of dairy, and dairy can cause insulin spikes, which would explain why you feel hungry later. Kind of like how you can feel hungry after a piece of fruit.

Insulin in the absence of carbs/sugar could be resulting in low blood sugar, and thus causing your body to crave food/sugar to bring it back up again.

People like to forget that proteins cause insulin responses as well, they just don't have a glycemic load like carbs do.

69cam is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 69cam is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 69cam is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 69cam is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 69cam is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 69cam is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 69cam is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 69cam is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 69cam is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 69cam is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 69cam is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Flashkicker View Post
    Drinking a protein shake makes me feel like i wasted calories on a liquid and could have eaten some chicken or steak or etc... They are about as filling as an equivalent amount of water.
    Same thoughts as above.

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by steffir View Post
    If I'm not mistaken, whey is product of dairy, and dairy can cause insulin spikes, which would explain why you feel hungry later. Kind of like how you can feel hungry after a piece of fruit.

Insulin in the absence of carbs/sugar could be resulting in low blood sugar, and thus causing your body to crave food/sugar to bring it back up again.

People like to forget that proteins cause insulin responses as well, they just don't have a glycemic load like carbs do.
    Dairy causes insulin spikes because it contains protein and lactose. Whey has the lactose removed but the protein still causes an insulin release. Insulin levels will be in proportion to the amount of protein/carb in someone with a healthy metabolism. The body does not deliberately force blood sugar into a nose dive just because someone ate some whey. You'll actually find that blood sugar is maintained very effectively in a tight band in most people.

People need to stop worrying about insulin unless they have specific metabolic problems.

steffir is on a distinguished road. (+10) steffir is on a distinguished road. (+10) steffir is on a distinguished road. (+10) steffir is on a distinguished road. (+10) steffir is on a distinguished road. (+10) steffir is on a distinguished road. (+10) steffir is on a distinguished road. (+10) steffir is on a distinguished road. (+10) steffir is on a distinguished road. (+10) steffir is on a distinguished road. (+10) steffir is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    Dairy causes insulin spikes because it contains protein and lactose. Whey has the lactose removed but the protein still causes an insulin release. Insulin levels will be in proportion to the amount of protein/carb in someone with a healthy metabolism. The body does not deliberately force blood sugar into a nose dive just because someone ate some whey. You'll actually find that blood sugar is maintained very effectively in a tight band in most people.

People need to stop worrying about insulin unless they have specific metabolic problems.
    sorry i was just suggesting this, as most people dont feel hungry after a protein hit from whey powder...but if you are feeling hungry, it might be an explanation

ravisagar100 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hi, Yes I feel more hungry after I consume whey with glass of mil!! Will it be ok if I take whey with water? Pelase help..!!
    Originally Posted by Mean_Bean View Post
    whey protein is present in many other foods. Does it make you more hungry when you consume a glass of milk? I think it's merely psychological.
    After a shake, I feel nourished for a while.

DGMan99 is a name known to all. (+5000) DGMan99 is a name known to all. (+5000) DGMan99 is a name known to all. (+5000) DGMan99 is a name known to all. (+5000) DGMan99 is a name known to all. (+5000) DGMan99 is a name known to all. (+5000) DGMan99 is a name known to all. (+5000) DGMan99 is a name known to all. (+5000) DGMan99 is a name known to all. (+5000) DGMan99 is a name known to all. (+5000) DGMan99 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by ravisagar100 View Post
    Hi, Yes I feel more hungry after I consume whey with glass of mil!! Will it be ok if I take whey with water? Pelase help..!!

you could have asked in a new thread since this is 4 years old.