Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    beachgirl87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) beachgirl87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) beachgirl87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) beachgirl87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) beachgirl87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) beachgirl87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) beachgirl87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) beachgirl87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) beachgirl87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) beachgirl87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) beachgirl87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    good morning!!!
    Off to the gym to lift some weights~ How much do you weigh sista! if you lost weight im thinking of switching to your diet been up since 4 am counting the mins till breakfast LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Originally Posted by Bunnyphant View Post
    I weighed myself but won't tell you lol

8 am I cooked ground turkey with coconut milk

11am ate some ham with cheese

1pm I don't know why but I was not hungry at all. Studied for exam.

3pm ate more ground turkey

7pm hit the gym and took a spinning class for 45 mins (excluding 20mins of elliptical)

1157 kcal, 107.9 g protein. 74.5g fat, 6.5g carb

Now I need to concentrate on cutting my damn fat intake

Bunnyphant has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bunnyphant has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bunnyphant has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bunnyphant has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bunnyphant has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bunnyphant has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bunnyphant has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by beachgirl87 View Post
    good morning!!!
    Off to the gym to lift some weights~ How much do you weigh sista! if you lost weight im thinking of switching to your diet been up since 4 am counting the mins till breakfast LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    lol were you that hungry or what? lol
    I weighed 133.4 that day. but I feel like we need to stay on the diet for 2 weeks before we swtich. what do you think???

beachgirl87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) beachgirl87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) beachgirl87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) beachgirl87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) beachgirl87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) beachgirl87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) beachgirl87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) beachgirl87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) beachgirl87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) beachgirl87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) beachgirl87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I agreee! I think i didn't lose weight yeT maybe bc TOM or because my pn intake was a little bit higher but i am gonna give it a month i like this diet! i am not hungry well except yesterday i woke up starving but its because i know today is carb day! kept it clean though but guess what i cooked for lunch GROUNDDDDDDDDDD extra lean turkey hahahaha it tastes so good! your ground beef inspired me
    lol were you that hungry or what? lol
    I weighed 133.4 that day. but I feel like we need to stay on the diet for 2 weeks before we swtich. what do you think???

aspengc8 is on a distinguished road. (+10) aspengc8 is on a distinguished road. (+10) aspengc8 is on a distinguished road. (+10) aspengc8 is on a distinguished road. (+10) aspengc8 is on a distinguished road. (+10) aspengc8 is on a distinguished road. (+10) aspengc8 is on a distinguished road. (+10) aspengc8 is on a distinguished road. (+10) aspengc8 is on a distinguished road. (+10) aspengc8 is on a distinguished road. (+10) aspengc8 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I weighed myself but won't tell you lol

8 am I cooked ground turkey with coconut milk

11am ate some ham with cheese

1pm I don't know why but I was not hungry at all. Studied for exam.

3pm ate more ground turkey

7pm hit the gym and took a spinning class for 45 mins (excluding 20mins of elliptical)

1157 kcal, 107.9 g protein. 74.5g fat, 6.5g carb

Now I need to concentrate on cutting my damn fat intake
    Bunnygirl, dont cut out fat. If anything lower your protein. You only need 1g per pound of lean body mass. You want to keep fat as the dominant energy source (around 60% of total calories). You do this because your body will look to break down whatever it is most used to using for energy. In our (keto) case, it will begin breaking down fat into free fatty acids/glycerol.

The problem with PSMF, since your dominant macro is indeed protein, you will lose muscle if you limit your calories too much.

keep on the keto, give it a couple weeks with fat @ 60% of your macro total. Also make sure your taking some fish oil/EFA supp and try some coconut oil in coffee.

if i were on this diet ide be eating pb out of the jar lmao!!!!!! jk jk not giving you ideas~~ I am not as familiar as i thought i was with keto

Bunnyphant has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bunnyphant has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bunnyphant has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bunnyphant has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bunnyphant has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bunnyphant has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bunnyphant has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by aspengc8 View Post
    Bunnygirl, dont cut out fat. If anything lower your protein. You only need 1g per pound of lean body mass. You want to keep fat as the dominant energy source (around 60% of total calories). You do this because your body will look to break down whatever it is most used to using for energy. In our (keto) case, it will begin breaking down fat into free fatty acids/glycerol.

The problem with PSMF, since your dominant macro is indeed protein, you will lose muscle if you limit your calories too much.

keep on the keto, give it a couple weeks with fat @ 60% of your macro total. Also make sure your taking some fish oil/EFA supp and try some coconut oil in coffee.
    Got it! thank you so much! but i have a quick question. why do people recommend taking fish oil??

6th day

My apptite is baaack!
    Maybe i was just stressed out about exam.

8am ate ground turkey

10am crabed eggwhite with cheese

3pm more eggwhite

7pm ate cheese again.... where is my vegetable???? lol

Workout

went to bar method with two guy friends. They hit a bar to drink some beer after but I was just sitting there drinking water hahaha

1603 kcal protein 131.2g, fat 62.36g, carb 6.24g

Now I need to use my brain cells to think about how to cut protein intake... lol

7th and 8th

7th

On saturday, I did not do any workout but partied up hardcore.
    Lots of alcohol, fruits, pizzas, ... yeah it was carb up.

8th today

I took an hour long spinning class in the morning and had a formal lunch with my mom's best friend.
    I cannot calculate calories but i had slices of tomatoes, filet mignon, two egg whites.

I just came back home and had turkey pattes with some cheese my roomie made.

I won't weight myself for a while to avoid a possible heart attack lol ( i dont wanna see my scale saying I gained weight after my carb day)

Omg

I weighed myself today by an accident. WTF
    Ok, its probably because I had lots of carb on last saturday, but my weight skyrocketed.
    I almost had a heart attack...

9th day

7am took a spinning class. my hamstrings are soooooooo tight somehow.

9am ate some turkey and cheese yum!

4pm ate ground turkey and 7 egg whites.

My new summer class started today, and i totally messed up my meal schedule.
    I should go get some ranch dressing and salad mix later today.

PS.... when does my weight go back to where it was before carbup day...

1367 kcal, fat 65.99 g protein 128.9 g carb 2.68g

I am in school too i know what you mean. my advice is get a small cooler and prepack your meals... your weight goes back to normal after 2-3 days but it depends on the person drink alot of green tea and water/lemon it helps
    7am took a spinning class. my hamstrings are soooooooo tight somehow.

9am ate some turkey and cheese yum!

4pm ate ground turkey and 7 egg whites.

My new summer class started today, and i totally messed up my meal schedule.
    I should go get some ranch dressing and salad mix later today.

PS.... when does my weight go back to where it was before carbup day...

pedrorofer92 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pedrorofer92 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pedrorofer92 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pedrorofer92 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pedrorofer92 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

its too much protein to the amount of fat you're eating.

I am in school too i know what you mean. my advice is get a small cooler and prepack your meals... your weight goes back to normal after 2-3 days but it depends on the person drink alot of green tea and water/lemon it helps
    Ok i will be patient for 2 or 3 days.... how's your diet going beach?

Its going great! I've been on RFL for about 10 days (7 days my numbers were a little off, 3 days doing it correctly) however, ive been dieting (800-900 cals low carb) for 4 weeks now and my week magically dropped 4 kgs today couldn't be happier because the scale wouldn't budge and it was depressing. I have 4 more kgs to go which are the hardest. Yes be patient my weight didn't move for 1 month. Also i noticed alot of people telling you your protein intake is too high you might wanna reconsider that... xoxo
    Ok i will be patient for 2 or 3 days.... how's your diet going beach?

10th

Woke up at 5:20 for Hot yoga, and the room was PACKED.
    Also people were dolled up... how come people in LA need to look so good all the time.

10 am ate ground turkey with sour cream and red bean paste( this was a mistake..)

12pm ate sour cream with sugar substitute

2pm ate egg scrumbled

1039.57 kcal, 24.96 g carb, 39.69 g fat, 129.9 protein

I will start adding veges to decrease protein intake and stop eating red bean paste cz I realized all the pastes thing I have contain so much carb...

Its going great! I've been on RFL for about 10 days (7 days my numbers were a little off, 3 days doing it correctly) however, ive been dieting (800-900 cals low carb) for 4 weeks now and my week magically dropped 4 kgs today couldn't be happier because the scale wouldn't budge and it was depressing. I have 4 more kgs to go which are the hardest. Yes be patient my weight didn't move for 1 month. Also i noticed alot of people telling you your protein intake is too high you might wanna reconsider that... xoxo
    OMG! 4kg!? thats a lot! by the way, i have bad water retention due to contraceptives I am taking now....
    If the pills are making me retain more water I might consider about coming off

OMG! 4kg!? thats a lot! by the way, i have bad water retention due to contraceptives I am taking now....
    girl i lose weight so slow ~ i have been on a strict diet for 1 month now. nevertheless happy i lost it! contraceptives make me gain alot of weight and they make me crazy lol no bueno try doing cauliflower puree! tastes like mashed potatoes no fat boil cauli add chives blend it with sour cream or milk if you can have some delicious

u r 135 lbs?! why did i think u r in the 200s lol must have confused you with someone else! how much are you looking to lose whats your BF %? i finish this diet next wednesday and debating whether to do keto or ultimate diet 2.0

Grifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Just - be careful about coming off of contraceptives. I had 3 kids before we figured that one out.

As far as when you start getting back down from the water weight, it seemed slower than when doing induction, but it does happen, just keep at it. Just remember, that water weight is stored in your muscles with glycogen, not in your midsection!

You need more FAT, and less protein. And it sounds counter-intuitive, but drink more water (not sure how much water you are drinking now)
    www.squidoo.com/keto-diet

Was 300+ lbs.
    Logs
    90 day XAT-7 and Cardio Igniter forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=146779723
    TEST-PEAK http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=149177173
    2013 BB.com challenge log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=150876933

Sugar Alcohols...Explained http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=151110953

Metabolic advantage of keto diet: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=153834101

Originally Posted by Grifts View Post
    Just - be careful about coming off of contraceptives. I had 3 kids before we figured that one out.

As far as when you start getting back down from the water weight, it seemed slower than when doing induction, but it does happen, just keep at it. Just remember, that water weight is stored in your muscles with glycogen, not in your midsection!

You need more FAT, and less protein. And it sounds counter-intuitive, but drink more water (not sure how much water you are drinking now)
    Thanx Grifts and beach.
    My weight is coming back to where it was, and i am so relieved. BUT IT IS SLOW.
    and I have a question.... I don't know how to increase fat intake because I tend to get nauseous after eating some fatty food.
    I drink so much water. I believe more than 2 liters.

I'm trying to be around 110lbs and hopefully bf lower than 14%.

11th

What an emotional day...

8 am: lean ground beef

9am: spinach

11am: eggs and cheese

3:30pm: egg whites

5:30pm: 50 mins of spinning wooot!

995kcal, 53.42 g fat, 5.8 g of carb, 125.6 g of protein

I will add more fat and reduce protein intake...

this is not related to keto, but felt like spitting it out.
    I got so f'ing emotional today and am still on an emotional rollercoaster now.

I was so closed to be in a relationship with this married guy.
    Well, it was more of friends with benefits I guess. We texted each other all the time, but yesterday he all of a sudden stopped texting me
    and did not respond to me when i texted him again today.
    I know he is doing my favor by not texting me back, and i need to abort... but I am so emotionally attached to the guy already.
    He was of course chasing after "benefits" he could get from me, but I was happy when a good looking guy was trying to get me.
    Its all because I do not have enough self confidence and was not strong enough to say no on adultery.
    Gosh, i feel so miserable now.....

Leadreign is not very well liked. (-100) Leadreign is not very well liked. (-100) Leadreign is not very well liked. (-100) Leadreign is not very well liked. (-100) Leadreign is not very well liked. (-100) Leadreign is not very well liked. (-100) Leadreign is not very well liked. (-100) Leadreign is not very well liked. (-100) Leadreign is not very well liked. (-100) Leadreign is not very well liked. (-100) Leadreign is not very well liked. (-100)
    Maybe if you go 93/7 beef. I have 85/15 beef and try to limit myself to 1/2 an lb a day. I need the bigger boost of protein and fat though. Id say limit your chicken as well. Fat is extremely low and protein is way up. Look for the turkey section at your grocery store. They should have breakfast links, sausages, burgers, etc.
    From what Ive read, your protein intake should be a bit higher than fat, say 4:5 ratio. Yesterday you were at a 2:5 ratio.

As for the guy? Forget the scumbag cheating on his wife and find a single guy. You're attached to a tragedy waiting to happen. Forget everything that stresses you, focus on the reason you are posting here and hit your goals. You'll be 10x happier.

12th day

I should not be but I got so depressed today again...
    But took a bar method class and kicked my butt.

8am: ate ground turkey with cheese

11am: ate some spinach

2pm: ate eggs and cream cheese

4pm: took a bar method class wooot

1047.4 kcal, 64.4 g fat. 102.4 g protein, 11.6g fat

Thanks for pms and comment. I am so thankful. I just do not have lucks with relationship haha.
    but once i reach my goal, i hope i can attract some single guys haha

Grifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I should not be but I got so depressed today again...
    But took a bar method class and kicked my butt.

8am: ate ground turkey with cheese

11am: ate some spinach

2pm: ate eggs and cream cheese

4pm: took a bar method class wooot

1047.4 kcal, 64.4 g fat. 102.4 g protein, 11.6g fat
    Try eating an avocado, or adding coconut oil, olive oil, or some nuts(beware nuts on an empty stomach - makes mine upset). You can throw the oils in when you cook the eggs.

I doubt anything good could have come of the cheating guy. You will always question, in the back of your mind, is he cheating with someone else? He's done it before...

Was 300+ lbs.
    Logs
    90 day XAT-7 and Cardio Igniter forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=146779723
    2013 BB.com challenge log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=150876933

Sugar Alcohols...Explained http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=151110953

Metabolic advantage of keto diet: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=153834101

Leadreign is not very well liked. (-100) Leadreign is not very well liked. (-100) Leadreign is not very well liked. (-100) Leadreign is not very well liked. (-100) Leadreign is not very well liked. (-100) Leadreign is not very well liked. (-100) Leadreign is not very well liked. (-100) Leadreign is not very well liked. (-100) Leadreign is not very well liked. (-100) Leadreign is not very well liked. (-100) Leadreign is not very well liked. (-100)
    What is your body fat at? Looks like you may need more fat intake.

13th day

Originally Posted by Leadreign View Post
    What is your body fat at? Looks like you may need more fat intake.
    Today, I dined out with my best friends so I am not sure my calorie intakes.
    I believe it is around 1500.

Last time I had a body fat test it said 23%.
    I am not sure about my current body fat%. i weighed 133.2lbs this morning.
    I have not lifted heavy but doing a bar method with some dumbells too.

By the way, I have been getting sick of keto food these days.
    I miss spicy food with tons of veges such as onions and seaweeds, but if i cook them i will be eating more than 30g of carbs so easily.
    How do you guys overcome this boredom of keto food??
    Last edited by Bunnyphant; 06-29-2012 at 10:42 PM.

No reason you can't put hot sauce/red pepper in your food.

I mix up a batch of spicy taco meat and mix it with cheese, sour cream, jalapeno, etc. yum yum

Was 300+ lbs.
    Logs

i have been using nori wraps from whole foods they are the black thing you wrap sushi in very tasty 10 cals 1 g carb and 2 g protein per big sheet make some handrolls with salmon cucumber and some sesame
    you can do a cauliflower mashed potato (no potatoes) or puree its yummy with some chives
    spicy food is ok hot sauces have 0 cals ?

Today, I dined out with my best friends so I am not sure my calorie intakes.
    I believe it is around 1500.

Last time I had a body fat test it said 23%.
    I am not sure about my current body fat%. i weighed 133.2lbs this morning.
    I have not lifted heavy but doing a bar method with some dumbells too.

By the way, I have been getting sick of keto food these days.
    I miss spicy food with tons of veges such as onions and seaweeds, but if i cook them i will be eating more than 30g of carbs so easily.
    How do you guys overcome this boredom of keto food??

There is a wealth of recipes in this forum. I made keto cheesecake last night. Try some of those recipes. no reason you can't make a spicy stir fry with garlic and spices and whatnot.

Looking at your diet, no wonder you are getting bored!

Was 300+ lbs.
    Logs

14th and 15th

I've been looking at my past and current macro....
    I am soooo high on protein. WTF. It is not keto at all.
    Sat was my carb up day but then i was invited to a couple of parties and had more than enough carbs.
    I had some fries and i have no idea what happened but my stomach rejected fats.
    I felt so nauseous and today i did not even want to think of fat at all( even avogado )
    but for some fat, i ate salmon with seaweed wrap(added sesame oil) and cheese.

workout 75 mins of spinning. BORING omg

9am : two chicken sausages

2pm: salmon with nori wrap

3pm: some pork and salads

5pm: turkey ham with cheese

I should go get some bacon from local grocery store.

I have a simple question. If I decrease my protein intake and increase fat intake, is the appetite going to be more suppressed or what?
    I will do anything to curb my appetite.

1131.96 kcal 53.93 g fat, 150.2g protein, 5.5 gram of carb