Page 5 of 151 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 105 ... LastLast
    Demon Fitness - Owner demonwareltd's Avatar
    demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Workout tonight was on par with my expectations. Bumped up every exercise in one way or another over last week. Also got a few vids to go along with it. Gonna eat some food with the wife and settle in for the Olympic opening ceremony. Then at it again tomorrow AM for some heavy lower body. Do work!!

Wasn't happy with the swinging going on, but I did jump up 20 lbs over last week and it was quite heavy. Next week gonna slow it down and go a little deeper.

demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Lower Body Power workout this morning was just GRUELING. Pace was relatively slow, chatting it up with Big Spaz in between sets, but set PRs up and down the list. Deadlifts are slowly going up and only doing them once every 2 weeks, I am not expecting leaping gains in them.

A good indication of how tough the workout was is this... I came home, mixed up my post workout shake and grabbed a shower. Laid down on the couch with the Olympics on and after finishing my shake, literally passed out for a good 15-20 minutes. Woke up with a puddle of drool on my shirt and disoriented. Yeah, it was that kind of workout...

Pretty much how I felt during the workout.... Get outta my way, because I'm going straight to the mother ****ing top!

And now the lifts... Sorry, no vids today

Vanguard1965 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Vanguard1965 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Vanguard1965 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Vanguard1965 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Vanguard1965 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Vanguard1965 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Vanguard1965 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Vanguard1965 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Vanguard1965 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Vanguard1965 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Vanguard1965 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Solid numbers man! Keep up the great work!
    "We all have great inner power. The power is self-faith. There's really an attitude to winning. You have to see yourself winning before you win. And you have to be hungry. You have to conquer."
    - Arnold Schwarzenegger

NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    730x8!!! huge PR gratz man!
    advertising not permitted

Originally Posted by Vanguard1965 View Post
    Solid numbers man! Keep up the great work!
    Thanks Vanguard - only see them going up over at least the next week or two...

Originally Posted by NaturalPursuit View Post
    730x8!!! huge PR gratz man!
    Thanks - 730 was pretty tough, but I'm sure I had some left in the tank, maybe 750 next week. Had a refeed yesterday and I think that really helped me push more weight...

NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by demonwareltd View Post
    Thanks - 730 was pretty tough, but I'm sure I had some left in the tank, maybe 750 next week. Had a refeed yesterday and I think that really helped me push more weight...
    dayum! 750 is gunna be nice! the only prob is the 20 mins it takes to load it up lol

dayum! 750 is gunna be nice! the only prob is the 20 mins it takes to load it up lol
    True that. Though our gym has 100 lb plates so it goes pretty quick. If I had only to load 45s I'm sure I would hate doing leg press...

offroadatv200 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) offroadatv200 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) offroadatv200 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) offroadatv200 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) offroadatv200 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) offroadatv200 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) offroadatv200 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) offroadatv200 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) offroadatv200 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) offroadatv200 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) offroadatv200 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Killin the legs!

A bit of a hiccup

So I've fallen off the proverbial wagon this weekend with my prep. Have had a few meals that were both unhealthy and too large and I'll leave it at that. Having a hard time mentally with something so maybe some more seasoned competitors can help...

I'm currently 15 weeks out from my first Pro Show. I know I need to get conditioning absolutely perfect if I want any chance of even placing top 5 (the show is non-tested and well, I don't use gear). Where I'm having a problem mentally is that my conditioning now is about the same as when I was 9 weeks out from my previous show (show which I won the open in my height class). I keep trying to forget about that altogether, but it keeps creeping into my head, resulting in me cheating here and there and not making as much progress as I probably should.

I lean out fairly quickly once I get into serious prep mode, but it seems that never really happens until I hit 12 weeks out.

Any tips for keeping 100% focus and staving off these derailing thoughts that keep popping into my head that "I'm ahead of schedule and it's no big deal to eat some chinese or whatever"....

So I've fallen off the proverbial wagon this weekend with my prep. Have had a few meals that were both unhealthy and too large and I'll leave it at that. Having a hard time mentally with something so maybe some more seasoned competitors can help...

I'm currently 15 weeks out from my first Pro Show. I know I need to get conditioning absolutely perfect if I want any chance of even placing top 5 (the show is non-tested and well, I don't use gear). Where I'm having a problem mentally is that my conditioning now is about the same as when I was 9 weeks out from my previous show (show which I won the open in my height class). I keep trying to forget about that altogether, but it keeps creeping into my head, resulting in me cheating here and there and not making as much progress as I probably should.

I lean out fairly quickly once I get into serious prep mode, but it seems that never really happens until I hit 12 weeks out.

Any tips for keeping 100% focus and staving off these derailing thoughts that keep popping into my head that "I'm ahead of schedule and it's no big deal to eat some chinese or whatever"....
    I'm in NO WAY a seasoned veteran or anything but I do pride myself on my mentality.

Tips for staying 100% focused...just think "HOW GOOD DO YOU REALLY WANNA BE?!"

During my prep and even now in my offseason I am NEVER satisfied...I need more this...or I need more that...never settling for average...never settling for my current state. STRIVING FOR PERFECTION

That is my mentality, work-ethic, and approach to life in general. I hope this can help you man! Its hard to put into words exactly how I think/feel but thats the general idea lol

I'm in NO WAY a seasoned veteran or anything but I do pride myself on my mentality.

Tips for staying 100% focused...just think "HOW GOOD DO YOU REALLY WANNA BE?!"

During my prep and even now in my offseason I am NEVER satisfied...I need more this...or I need more that...never settling for average...never settling for my current state. STRIVING FOR PERFECTION

That is my mentality, work-ethic, and approach to life in general. I hope this can help you man! Its hard to put into words exactly how I think/feel but thats the general idea lol
    Yeah, I hear ya. That was the mentality I had for my last prep. Dropped 48 lbs to get into contest shape and surprised myself with a win. It was awesome. I'm wondering if 2 contest preps in a year is maybe too much. First time I've tried it. I'm married with a very active 2.5 year old son so life is busy to say the least. I just have to find a way to slip into that serious, I'm gonna beat everyone mentality and once I'm there, I'm golden. It seems I struggle every year with getting my prep going...kind of a procrastinator in that way. Also, I only have around 20 lbs to lose where in past preps I've had to drop 40-50 lbs.

offroadatv200 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) offroadatv200 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) offroadatv200 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) offroadatv200 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) offroadatv200 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) offroadatv200 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) offroadatv200 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) offroadatv200 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) offroadatv200 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) offroadatv200 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) offroadatv200 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Yeah, I hear ya. That was the mentality I had for my last prep. Dropped 48 lbs to get into contest shape and surprised myself with a win. It was awesome. I'm wondering if 2 contest preps in a year is maybe too much. First time I've tried it. I'm married with a very active 2.5 year old son so life is busy to say the least. I just have to find a way to slip into that serious, I'm gonna beat everyone mentality and once I'm there, I'm golden. It seems I struggle every year with getting my prep going...kind of a procrastinator in that way. Also, I only have around 20 lbs to lose where in past preps I've had to drop 40-50 lbs.
    Of course i'm not a seasoned veteran by any means either but i know how you feel. You're 6 weeks ahead of where you were last competition which mean that is the opportunity to be 6 weeks better than you were last time. That is quite a bit of time, you want to use that to your advantage to be EVEN bigger, better, more conditioned than last time.

I have never done a show and i have only been to one mens physique show, so i dont know exactly what i am up against. That makes me work even harder. We don't get to see what the other guys are doing, or what they are looking like. We just know they are after the same thing we are and its a matter of who wants it more.

My mentality is if i am going to take the time to put in the work and dedication i am going balls to the wall and im not stopping! DO WORK!

Originally Posted by offroadatv200 View Post
    Of course i'm not a seasoned veteran by any means either but i know how you feel. You're 6 weeks ahead of where you were last competition which mean that is the opportunity to be 6 weeks better than you were last time. That is quite a bit of time, you want to use that to your advantage to be EVEN bigger, better, more conditioned than last time.

I have never done a show and i have only been to one mens physique show, so i dont know exactly what i am up against. That makes me work even harder. We don't get to see what the other guys are doing, or what they are looking like. We just know they are after the same thing we are and its a matter of who wants it more.

My mentality is if i am going to take the time to put in the work and dedication i am going balls to the wall and im not stopping! DO WORK!
    You bring up a very good point Billy, and I think that's a big part of it. In my previous shows, I knew guys who were competing in the same show with me. When I saw them in the gym, it made me push harder, diet harder, hit that cardio harder. I haven't found a single person yet who is competing in the pro division of the show I'm doing. Maybe I will do some social networking and try to find somebody and basically stalk them. I know that people are out there prepping for it. I think the winner gets $500.

I'm planning on waking up tomorrow, dusting myself off and getting back at it. Cardio/abs day so I'll make sure it counts!

You bring up a very good point Billy, and I think that's a big part of it. In my previous shows, I knew guys who were competing in the same show with me. When I saw them in the gym, it made me push harder, diet harder, hit that cardio harder. I haven't found a single person yet who is competing in the pro division of the show I'm doing. Maybe I will do some social networking and try to find somebody and basically stalk them. I know that people are out there prepping for it. I think the winner gets $500.

I'm planning on waking up tomorrow, dusting myself off and getting back at it. Cardio/abs day so I'll make sure it counts!
    Stalk the crap out of them! I even youtube'd mens physique and just got a vast idea of what guys were looking like. Of course most were out of my league, but I have an imagine in my head of what is out there. Whether i am up against them or not, i want to be the biggest, leanest, ripped, shredded mother ****er out there!! Every time you get in a slump or have doubts just think, your competition is in the gym coming for YOUR prize.

Planned off day today. May go out for some cardio later this evening if my wife gets home from AC in time. Monday kicks off 3 consecutive workouts and hopefully a couple more PRs

Glad to read that your feeling better (mind set wise.)

KILL those PRS this week bro!

Glad to read that your feeling better (mind set wise.)

KILL those PRS this week bro!
    Thanks! I basically decided last night to let this weekend be a wash. It was stressful because I was home by myself with my 2 year old son. Not that he's a bad kid or anything, but toddlers really know how to push your buttons

Going to talk with my wife when she gets back from her trip tonight and lay it out for her. < 15 weeks left. If we want me to take a serious stab at this show, it's gotta start now and I need some help from her. No more bringing in donuts, McDonalds, etc., etc... into the house every other day. Once I'm solidly into my prep these kinds of things really don't bother me, but I get aggravated early on when my will power is still fairly weak...

That being said, I know I can get it done. I can buckle down like nobody's business and I intend on doing just that!

Ccm644 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ccm644 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ccm644 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ccm644 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ccm644 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ccm644 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ccm644 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ccm644 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ccm644 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ccm644 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ccm644 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Thanks! I basically decided last night to let this weekend be a wash. It was stressful because I was home by myself with my 2 year old son. Not that he's a bad kid or anything, but toddlers really know how to push your buttons

Going to talk with my wife when she gets back from her trip tonight and lay it out for her. < 15 weeks left. If we want me to take a serious stab at this show, it's gotta start now and I need some help from her. No more bringing in donuts, McDonalds, etc., etc... into the house every other day. Once I'm solidly into my prep these kinds of things really don't bother me, but I get aggravated early on when my will power is still fairly weak...

That being said, I know I can get it done. I can buckle down like nobody's business and I intend on doing just that!
    There is nothing worse, when your trying to eat well and your family bring junk into the house doesnt help anyone.
    Your get it done
    Well done on those PR's

keep it all up

Originally Posted by Ccm644 View Post
    There is nothing worse, when your trying to eat well and your family bring junk into the house doesnt help anyone.
    Your get it done
    Well done on those PR's

keep it all up
    Thanks, I intend to. I really can't blame them though. I have a 2.5 year old and he loves McDonald's cheeseburgers and donuts. My wife isn't really into the fitness lifestyle but is a huge supporter of my goals (shaves me, tans me, takes pics, helps with posing, etc...). The food is really all on the individual because unless we lock ourselves in the basement, you will have temptation everywhere you turn.

Doesn't matter how many preps I go through, it's always a challenge

103 Days Out

Weight: 212.1 lbs

To put it mildly, my weekend of gluttony is over and feeling the effects of hardcore water retention. No doubt in the next day or two weight will be down at least 4-5 lbs.

Told my wife I'm as serious as a heart attack from this point out and that I cannot afford another stumble along the way. I also picked up a bit of additional motivation as Top Secret Nutrition selected myself and 19 others to compete in a 3-month "SHRED" competition, for which they provide a 3-month supply of their fat burner stack. I'm never one to turn down free product and a little extra motivation to hit it hard.

Stay tuned for tonight's back/shoulder workout later!

HARRYBEAST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HARRYBEAST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HARRYBEAST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HARRYBEAST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HARRYBEAST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HARRYBEAST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HARRYBEAST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HARRYBEAST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HARRYBEAST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HARRYBEAST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HARRYBEAST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Weight: 212.1 lbs

To put it mildly, my weekend of gluttony is over and feeling the effects of hardcore water retention. No doubt in the next day or two weight will be down at least 4-5 lbs.

Told my wife I'm as serious as a heart attack from this point out and that I cannot afford another stumble along the way. I also picked up a bit of additional motivation as Top Secret Nutrition selected myself and 19 others to compete in a 3-month "SHRED" competition, for which they provide a 3-month supply of their fat burner stack. I'm never one to turn down free product and a little extra motivation to hit it hard.

Stay tuned for tonight's back/shoulder workout later!
    I too had a nasty binge weekend. (my wife stuck to it and made me way in this morning too) It was no good. I am back to serious now. I have to stop too.
    The Beast Journey to Elite
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=169406293

Best Meet's Total = 1515 (585 Squat, 365 Bench, 565 Deadlift)
    Highest Gym Lifts: Squat: 600 Deadlift: 600 Bench: 400

Proud member of Team Ogre
    "Everybody wants to be strong but most people just don't want to work that hard"

Instagram: harrylifter

Extra motivation never hurt anyone

great to see you back on track bro! goodluck with the shred competition as well!

Glad your back on track!

That compitition came at a perfect time!

Gibson5521 is just really nice. (+1000) Gibson5521 is just really nice. (+1000) Gibson5521 is just really nice. (+1000) Gibson5521 is just really nice. (+1000) Gibson5521 is just really nice. (+1000) Gibson5521 is just really nice. (+1000) Gibson5521 is just really nice. (+1000) Gibson5521 is just really nice. (+1000) Gibson5521 is just really nice. (+1000) Gibson5521 is just really nice. (+1000) Gibson5521 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Perhaps it may be time for an extended offseason brother. Theres a reason why Alberto,Layne,Doug Miller,Tommy Jeffers,Paul Revelia,etc. take 1+year offseasons. Why not grow and aim for a NABBA show in 2014 or 2015 ?

Originally Posted by Gibson5521 View Post
    Perhaps it may be time for an extended offseason brother. Theres a reason why Alberto,Layne,Doug Miller,Tommy Jeffers,Paul Revelia,etc. take 1+year offseasons. Why not grow and aim for a NABBA show in 2014 or 2015 ?
    I know, trust me. I had intended on not competing again anytime soon and focus on other more important things in life (like family) and give powerlifting a shot. I really just want to say I competed in a pro show and since it was so close after my last show, I knew it wouldn't be as grueling to cut so much weight to get in contest shape.

That being said, after November's show, I will definitely be taking some time off from competing.

I got my head straight after this past weekend and I should be golden for the next 15 weeks.

Extra motivation never hurt anyone

great to see you back on track bro! goodluck with the shred competition as well!
    Originally Posted by offroadatv200 View Post
    Glad your back on track!

That compitition came at a perfect time!
    Thanks guys. Gym time slated for 3:30 PM as soon as I wrap up my workday (I work from home as a software engineer so the flexibility in schedule and lack of a commute is great).

I am gonna blast my back so hard I won't be able to lift my arms above my head by the time I'm done. Stay tuned...

Originally Posted by HARRYBEAST View Post
    I too had a nasty binge weekend. (my wife stuck to it and made me way in this morning too) It was no good. I am back to serious now. I have to stop too.
    I just signed a mental contract with myself so you will be seeing nothing but focus and determination the rest of the way out! What weight class did you say you wanted to compete in for your upcoming meet?

HARRYBEAST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HARRYBEAST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HARRYBEAST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HARRYBEAST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HARRYBEAST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HARRYBEAST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HARRYBEAST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HARRYBEAST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HARRYBEAST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HARRYBEAST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HARRYBEAST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I just signed a mental contract with myself so you will be seeing nothing but focus and determination the rest
    of the way out! What weight class did you say you wanted to compete in for your upcoming meet?
    242. I was at 253 this morning. I have no more time to F around either.
    The Beast Journey to Elite
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=169406293

Best Meet's Total = 1515 (585 Squat, 365 Bench, 565 Deadlift)
    Highest Gym Lifts: Squat: 600 Deadlift: 600 Bench: 400

Proud member of Team Ogre
    "Everybody wants to be strong but most people just don't want to work that hard"

Instagram: harrylifter

Workout was brutal. It was hot and humid in the gym. The AC is always sucky, but it was really bad today. Sweat a ton. The PRs listed are more rep PR and weight combination PRs, not weight PRs. Just thought I'd specify in case anyone thought I can only upright row 95 lbs

After the workout I did some incline treadmill walking. 3.7 mph and an incline that started from 0 and increased every couple mins until it hit 10. Was a good burn.

Tomorrow brings some high volume leg exercises. I"ve decided I'm only gonna go to the trouble of shooting videos that are worth seeing, so only on my power days when I'm feeling especially strong Nobody wants to watch me lateral raise 25 lbers for 15 reps

Look for a good dip in weight compared with this morning as my body is flushed of naughty food and debloating. Boo ya!

Weight: 206.3 lbs

A 5.9 lb decrease over the day before. Yeah, I was that bloated from sodium rich foods Feeling good and ready to kill legs after work today!