Page 3 of 151 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 103 ... LastLast
    Demon Fitness - Owner demonwareltd's Avatar
    demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by therockap1 View Post
    In!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Yeah, buddy!

HARRYBEAST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HARRYBEAST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HARRYBEAST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HARRYBEAST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HARRYBEAST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HARRYBEAST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HARRYBEAST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HARRYBEAST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HARRYBEAST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HARRYBEAST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HARRYBEAST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I wish I could see you putting all this work in with a boot on. I bet you get a lot of weird looks
    The Beast Journey to Elite
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=169406293

Best Meet's Total = 1515 (585 Squat, 365 Bench, 565 Deadlift)
    Highest Gym Lifts: Squat: 600 Deadlift: 600 Bench: 400

Proud member of Team Ogre
    "Everybody wants to be strong but most people just don't want to work that hard"

Instagram: harrylifter

wisdommaster1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wisdommaster1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wisdommaster1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wisdommaster1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wisdommaster1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wisdommaster1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wisdommaster1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wisdommaster1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wisdommaster1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wisdommaster1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wisdommaster1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Looks like the boot isnt hurting your lifts too badly which is a good thing. Although I'm a little bummed I had hopes of becoming the strongest member of the family but that seems unlikely now.

demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by wisdommaster1 View Post
    Looks like the boot isnt hurting your lifts too badly which is a good thing. Although I'm a little bummed I had hopes of becoming the strongest member of the family but that seems unlikely now.
    If you keep at it you might pass me someday. I'm really not all that strong compared to others. Of course, I don't train for strength either. You could probably catch me on bench press before you know it.

Weight: ???

So yesterday I opted to take a day off, hung out with the inlaws and my wife and son. Ate a nice fat hoagie for dinner. Then I hit up Wawa around 11 PM for another hoagie.

Today I started up the first workout of my new routine. It's a power/hypertrophy routine popularized by Layne Norton. I'm thinking I can benefit from hitting each bodypart twice a week with a hypertrophy focused day (higher reps) and a power day (lower reps). Recovery is tough on this routine to start (I remember the first couple weeks really being sore the last time I ran it). Will so how things work out this time around.

Today was my last day of dietary freedom. Tomorrow I'm on my pre-contest diet for the next 18 weeks. Starting around 2900 calories a day with a goal of losing 1 - 1.5 lbs a week. Still can't do cardio yet because of my foot, so will see how much progress I can make in this first week.

Haven't decided yet if I'm going to hit the weights tomorrow or not. Will see what tomorrow brings. I really wanna hit deadlifts or squats!!

Last edited by demonwareltd; 07-13-2012 at 09:33 PM.

First off.....IT HAS BEGUN!!! 18 weeks out today. The pro-stage awaits!

Weight: 210.9 lbs

Was going back and forth in my head between taking today off or going for a lower body power workout. In the end, the boot came off and I decided to test the waters. I can't really call this a HEAVY day since I didn't really push myself too hard. Didn't wanna risk pain to my foot/ankle, especially with leg press and barbell lunges. All in all it felt really good though. First heavy leg workout in 2 weeks. Ankle is a bit sore, but can't complain!

Diet Plan

Here's a look at my diet plan. Starting around 2800 to 2900 calories a day. Will most likely do no cardio at all this week so I can get my foot healed. Confident I'll drop at least 2 lbs simply from sodium bloat going away and clean eating. Then next week hope to hit the cardio with 3 sessions a week for 20-30 mins.

Weight: ???

Nothing exciting to talk about. Scheduled day off today, a bit sore from my last two workouts, which is common when switching to a new routine, but nothing major. Don't prefer to weigh myself more than twice a week when cutting, as it is enough to drive a man crazy. Back at it tomorrow though so stay tuned!

So I have to set the stage for today's workout, because it was the most EPIC back/shoulder workout I had in probably 6 months!

Pre-workout meal was 6 oz chicken breast along with 9 oz of brown rice. Shortly after the meal I downed 3 tablets of White Blood.

Pre-workout on top of that was Animal Rage. Consumed some AI RecoverPro during the workout and finished up the workout with some Infinite Labs MassPort and 2 scoops of vanilla ON Whey protein...

My shoulders were so pumped and I had such a DEEP burn by the time I was done it was epic. Felt swole and strong. That being said, here's the rundown of the workout, all done in about an hour's time...

Plan is to hit legs tomorrow morning before work. Will see how well getting up at 5 AM works out...

Weight: 208.4 lbs

Got up at 445 this morning, ate some oatmeal and a whey shake and out the door I went! Morning legs is never really fun. I did speed work on squats. Really felt it put a strain on my hip flexors trying to explode as fast as possible out of the hole. Also, did front squats for the first time in 45 years.... Had to bag out of the last set because I was getting a pinched nerve feeling in my left shoulder from the way the bar was lying. Hate these damn things.

Other than that, great workout. Was pouring sweat and panting like a dog the entire time. Also down 2.5 pounds since Saturday. It's amazing what a little diet clean-up and removal of sodium laden foods can do for your body...

DarrenConroy is a name known to all. (+5000) DarrenConroy is a name known to all. (+5000) DarrenConroy is a name known to all. (+5000) DarrenConroy is a name known to all. (+5000) DarrenConroy is a name known to all. (+5000) DarrenConroy is a name known to all. (+5000) DarrenConroy is a name known to all. (+5000) DarrenConroy is a name known to all. (+5000) DarrenConroy is a name known to all. (+5000) DarrenConroy is a name known to all. (+5000) DarrenConroy is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Nice to see you're still going strong buddy!
    Darren Conroy
    Controlled Labs Sponsored Natural Athlete
    ISSA Certified Personal Trainer

Aesthreadics.com
    info@aesthreadics.com

FREE Controlled Labs SAMPLES
    forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=149596763

Free Controlled Labs supps for your labels
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=117636651

Disclaimer : The above post is my own PERSONAL OPINION and DOES NOT REPRESENT the official position of any company or entity. It DOES NOT constitute medical advice

Originally Posted by DarrenConroy View Post
    Nice to see you're still going strong buddy!
    Thanks Darren. Doing what needs to be done!

Contemplated blowing off this workout tonight since I was up early and in the office by 630 this morning, I was bit tired. Glad I didn't though and tomorrow is a scheduled off day!

Pushed a couple of PRs on some chest movements which is awesome. Kinda puzzled though as to why I had such a hard time with french presses. The weight felt IMMENSELY heavy and I had to back off 20 pounds in order to get the prescribed 10 reps and really feel the movement. No worries though. After a day off tomorrow it's back to hit it hard again. Also on Friday I get an xray of my foot and hopefully the all clear from the doc. It's been 2 weeks since I did cardio and believe it or not, I'm kinda missing it

DarrenConroy is a name known to all. (+5000) DarrenConroy is a name known to all. (+5000) DarrenConroy is a name known to all. (+5000) DarrenConroy is a name known to all. (+5000) DarrenConroy is a name known to all. (+5000) DarrenConroy is a name known to all. (+5000) DarrenConroy is a name known to all. (+5000) DarrenConroy is a name known to all. (+5000) DarrenConroy is a name known to all. (+5000) DarrenConroy is a name known to all. (+5000) DarrenConroy is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Atta boy!! The best workouts come on the days you just don't want to do it!
    Darren Conroy
    Controlled Labs Sponsored Natural Athlete
    ISSA Certified Personal Trainer

Aesthreadics.com
    info@aesthreadics.com

FREE Controlled Labs SAMPLES
    forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=149596763

Free Controlled Labs supps for your labels
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=117636651

Disclaimer : The above post is my own PERSONAL OPINION and DOES NOT REPRESENT the official position of any company or entity. It DOES NOT constitute medical advice

Was going to take off today, but went in anyway for some cardio and abs. Nothing too crazy. My foot and ankle were bothering me slightly when I was done but having done no cardio for 2 weeks, I'm feeling pretty good! Tomorrow it's back to the weights for a Power Upper body day. Hope to move some serious weight!

Elliptical - Level 4 - 20 minutes
    Incline Treadmill - 3.5mph - incline 4.0

Swiss Ball crunches - 4 sets
    Rope Crunches - 3 sets
    Seated Ab Crunch machine - 3 sets
    Side Bends - 1 set (30 lbs)

Weight: 208.8 lbs

Weight has held about steady through the week after the initial 2+ lb loss. To be expected since I'm not engaging in cardio quite yet. Foot is good to go though so starting this weekend it's back on the attack! Heading in after work for a power upper body session. Unfortunately I'll be at an all day family reunion on my wife's side tomorrow so I won't be able to make the gym. That means Sunday will be a Power Lower Body. Looking forward to some heavy squatting.

Stay tuned for the results of tonight's session!

- Stan

Put in some solid work this evening for upper body power workout. Got a PR on DB Shoulder Press which was great! Including a little vid from my workout tonight for my final set of the evening, doing some skull crushers. Just so people don't think I'm simply e-lifting

17 weeks out tomorrow. Need to lock down the diet and stop the cheats. 19 lbs to drop in 17 weeks. Should be cake, right?

therockap1 is just really nice. (+1000) therockap1 is just really nice. (+1000) therockap1 is just really nice. (+1000) therockap1 is just really nice. (+1000) therockap1 is just really nice. (+1000) therockap1 is just really nice. (+1000) therockap1 is just really nice. (+1000) therockap1 is just really nice. (+1000) therockap1 is just really nice. (+1000) therockap1 is just really nice. (+1000) therockap1 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Good work in here, 19lbs in 17 weeks...yeah real easy lol
    Logs:

CORE NUTRITIONALS- Core ABC Log(Current)
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=155829753&p=1110237253#post1110237253

BETANCOURT- D-Stunner Log
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=154348601&p=1080083291&posted=1#post1080083291

AAEFX- Nytric EFX Pro Log
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=152192813&p=1032369553#post1032369553

BETANCOURT- Pure Aminos Log
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=151561123&p=1019213503#post1019213503

I ate like **** for the most part today. Well, just from 2 PM till 6 PM, where I ate 1 chicken breast, 5 hot dogs on whole wheat buns, baked beans and some watermelon. Getting back on track again tomorrow morning. Not sweating it though since I dropped 2 lbs this week anyway and typically the first few weeks of my prep tend to be like "transition" weeks...

I made it into the gym this morning to do heavy legs. Was the first time I squatted heavy in at least 3 maybe 4 weeks. Squats were brutally tough and I only managed 295 lbs which was quite disappointing. However, I used that disappointment to fuel me to several new PRs on other exercises.

Special thanks to Big Spaz for shooting the vid during my 2nd set of SLDLs this morning. Here's a little peak:

offroadatv200 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) offroadatv200 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) offroadatv200 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) offroadatv200 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) offroadatv200 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) offroadatv200 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) offroadatv200 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) offroadatv200 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) offroadatv200 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) offroadatv200 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) offroadatv200 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Subbed!

Originally Posted by offroadatv200 View Post
    Subbed!
    Excellent, I see you found the log!

offroadatv200 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) offroadatv200 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) offroadatv200 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) offroadatv200 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) offroadatv200 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) offroadatv200 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) offroadatv200 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) offroadatv200 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) offroadatv200 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) offroadatv200 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) offroadatv200 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by demonwareltd View Post
    Excellent, I see you found the log!
    Yessir, it was right towards the top! Making me want to start one.

Originally Posted by offroadatv200 View Post
    Yessir, it was right towards the top! Making me want to start one.
    Give it a go if you have the time. It usually helps to keep people on track and motivated. Of course, you got me, so I'll be sure you don't stumble too much along the way

Give it a go if you have the time. It usually helps to keep people on track and motivated. Of course, you got me, so I'll be sure you don't stumble too much along the way
    There will be no stumbling here! 110% all day...at least that's what I am saying for now. I know you have some torcher awaiting me! Looking forward to following this.

Today's workout wasn't too bad, though I was hoping to move a bit more weight. Speed was fast and intensity was up though, cruising through lots and lots of sets in just about an hour. Also got in a moderate paced walk with my son in the stroller for about 20 minutes. Considering it the official kick off to my pre-contest cardio

In lieu of doing chins in this workout, I'm going to switch to using a V-Bar handle draped over the pull-up bar and pull my body up and almost parallel to the flow (really leaning back at the top of the movement). I feel this hits my back much better by using this neutral grip as the underhand grip really hits my biceps hard. Also, since I will also be doing closegrip underhand lat pulldowns (the station was taken today hence the lat pulldown machine instead), I feel I'll be getting enough stimulation from various angles.

Will hop on the scale tomorrow morning and get a weight. Been kind of scared because this weekend found me at multiple picnics and I gave in pretty much to whatever I felt like eating and large quantities of it.

therockap1 is just really nice. (+1000) therockap1 is just really nice. (+1000) therockap1 is just really nice. (+1000) therockap1 is just really nice. (+1000) therockap1 is just really nice. (+1000) therockap1 is just really nice. (+1000) therockap1 is just really nice. (+1000) therockap1 is just really nice. (+1000) therockap1 is just really nice. (+1000) therockap1 is just really nice. (+1000) therockap1 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Congrats on the PR!
    Logs:

CORE NUTRITIONALS- Core ABC Log(Current)
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=155829753&p=1110237253#post1110237253

BETANCOURT- D-Stunner Log
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=154348601&p=1080083291&posted=1#post1080083291

AAEFX- Nytric EFX Pro Log
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=152192813&p=1032369553#post1032369553

BETANCOURT- Pure Aminos Log
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=151561123&p=1019213503#post1019213503

Originally Posted by therockap1 View Post
    Congrats on the PR!
    Thanks rock. I really think you are going to see several of them coming in the next 3 weeks or so. Even though my contest prep is coming in full swing, I almost always notice a slight uptick in strength at the beginning of prep because my nutrition is more consistent and healthy. Add in the fact that I'm 4 days into a bottle of BSN's EvoTest and good things are bound to happen!

This morning's workout was nothing short of hellacious. Gasping for breath between high rep sets and sweating like a mother, it took almost 90 grueling minutes to get it done, but get it done I did. Glad I don't have to do this workout again for another week. I decided to switch from barbell front squats over to smith. I also backed down the weight. While I got all the reps, it's still an uncomfortable movement and really pains my left deltoid from supporting the bar. I'm going to give it a couple more trys before I give up on it completely though.

Tonight I have plans to help a friend with a patio installation and moving several tons of stone. Should make for some good cardio...

Big_Spaz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Big_Spaz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Big_Spaz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Big_Spaz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Big_Spaz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Big_Spaz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Big_Spaz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Big_Spaz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Big_Spaz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Big_Spaz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Big_Spaz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Special thanks to Big Spaz for shooting the vid during my 2nd set of SLDLs this morning. Here's a little peak:

Your welcome Bud any time! Doing work right now and it shows. Definitely keep it up!

-Spaz

Jealous of that PR!