Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    twodog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) twodog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) twodog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) twodog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) twodog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) twodog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) twodog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) twodog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) twodog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) twodog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) twodog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Keetman View Post
    Did you read his post thoroughly? He's not critiquing the IH forum, he's saying it sucks because they denied him access. Its great that you enjoy it, but you're already a member. They've apparently put the lock down on new members and don't wish to help anyone learn anything. There may very well be more to the story, this is the first I've heard of it, but that's all he was saying.
    I became a member about a month and a half ago. I had some problems, but you're dealing with some curmudgeons so that's always the case. But there's enough on their site to keep me interested until I get enough posts for the equipment forum. Alot of info is in the forums that are available if you spend the time. I understand DF's problem, but have become accustomed to the fact that nothing in life is free or easy. I only post in the equipment section of BB.com and it took along time to be accepted here ( new members need to learn, and respect the system), so I don't see a difference.

I just mentioned that the site is available, it works for me, and I'm a new member as are Northernmoris and Kodokan, alot of others are old members.

If the site doesn't work for you don't shoot the messenger
    Last edited by twodog; 07-03-2012 at 11:44 AM.
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do, than by the ones you did" Mark Twain

"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats" H. L. Mencken

[]---[] Equipment Crew #42 []---[] ()---() York Barbell Club #18 ()---()

Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by twodog View Post
    I became a member about a month and a half ago. I had some problems, but you're dealing with some curmudgeons so that's always the case. But there's enough on their site to keep me interested until I get enough posts for the equipment forum. Alot of info is in the forums that are available if you spend the time. I understand DF's problem, but have become accustomed to the fact that nothing in life is free or easy. I only post in the equipment section of BB.com and it took along time to be accepted here ( new members need to learn, and respect the system), so I don't see a difference.

I just mentioned that the site is available, it works for me, and I'm a new member as are Northernmoris and Kodokan, alot of others are old members.

If the site doesn't work for you don't shoot the messenger

Nah, you're good. Anytime a post is started with the words "Did you read xxx thoroughly..." its going to be hard to be taken anyway but as harsh. I actually thought because of your post that you just thought he didn't like the site, I wasn't trying to be a dick.

As far as the site, I haven't been there, admittedly. It probably is a great resource, I just don't like having to jump through a bunch of hoops just to lurk on a forum. I have lurked on forums before and that is often a good way to learn the customs of a forum before you plod in and act like an arse. Keeping people out on purpose just seems like a bad way to give people a reason to give a crap about what you have to offer.

I did say there may be more to the story and that's fine, there usually is. I try to be reasonable, but I'm as quick to jump to a conclusion as anybody if given the right circumstances.
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #4 ▪█─────█▪

Ivanko Crew #9
    York Barbell Crew #13

snowone is on a distinguished road. (+10) snowone is on a distinguished road. (+10) snowone is on a distinguished road. (+10) snowone is on a distinguished road. (+10) snowone is on a distinguished road. (+10) snowone is on a distinguished road. (+10) snowone is on a distinguished road. (+10) snowone is on a distinguished road. (+10) snowone is on a distinguished road. (+10) snowone is on a distinguished road. (+10) snowone is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Forget IH. I've been a member for a long time and "yes" part of the 100 club. The 100 club fights with each other too. Very sensitive group in fact.

I say start an old equipment forum here on bb. I'll share everything I know.

AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by snowone View Post
    forget ih. I've been a member for a long time and "yes" part of the 100 club. The 100 club fights with each other too. Very sensitive group in fact.

I say start an old equipment forum here on bb. I'll share everything i know.
    yes!
    You need a good rack, a bench, and a 300-lb Olympic weight set. Now, what was your question?

My home gym: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=652376&p=1465291461&viewfull=1#post1465291461.

()---() York Barbell Club #1 (DD, RH, Kg) ()---() []---[] Equipment Crew #36 []---[] []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #51 []---[] [M]===[6] Mech6 Crew #29 [M]===[6] ~~ 4 Horsemen ~~

Home gym 'til I die. ProtienandIron's Avatar
    ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Forget IH. I've been a member for a long time and "yes" part of the 100 club. The 100 club fights with each other too. Very sensitive group in fact.

I say start an old equipment forum here on bb. I'll share everything I know.
    Sweet.
    My training log:
    ---------------
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=153596291&p=1062453741#post1062453741

[]---[] Equipment Crew #43 []---[]
    -!!!---!!!- No Excuses Homemade Equipment Crew #1 -!!!---!!!-
    ()---() York Barbell Club #4 ()---()

donforeman is just really nice. (+1000) donforeman is just really nice. (+1000) donforeman is just really nice. (+1000) donforeman is just really nice. (+1000) donforeman is just really nice. (+1000) donforeman is just really nice. (+1000) donforeman is just really nice. (+1000) donforeman is just really nice. (+1000) donforeman is just really nice. (+1000) donforeman is just really nice. (+1000) donforeman is just really nice. (+1000)
    I agree I would be interested in seeing a vintage iron thread here too! Maybe it could be like the Craigslist thread at the top of this forum?

twodog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) twodog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) twodog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) twodog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) twodog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) twodog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) twodog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) twodog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) twodog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) twodog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) twodog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Keetman View Post
    I'm as quick to jump to a conclusion as anybody if given the right circumstances.
    This part of the statement reflects how I am alot. One of the reasons that I am thankful for the edit button. I didn't take your statement harshly Keet, I just wanted to state how I feel about the forum.
    Thanks.

I too, am "in" for an old equipment forum.
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do, than by the ones you did" Mark Twain

"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats" H. L. Mencken

donforeman is just really nice. (+1000) donforeman is just really nice. (+1000) donforeman is just really nice. (+1000) donforeman is just really nice. (+1000) donforeman is just really nice. (+1000) donforeman is just really nice. (+1000) donforeman is just really nice. (+1000) donforeman is just really nice. (+1000) donforeman is just really nice. (+1000) donforeman is just really nice. (+1000) donforeman is just really nice. (+1000)
    Any Jackson only paint them black. The letters being painted were likely done by the owner.

Before you pull the spacer I'd measure the bigger hole. Andy made many sizes. My guess is these came from his #5 or #6 set, which were smaller than two inch.
    I took the adapter out of one of the plates today! You are correct they are 1.320 ID. The good news is the adapters come out very easy and the plates are unharmed from the adapter. Just a little surface rust from behind the washers is all. I will pull the adapters from the other three 50lb plates later, but at least I know. I did a Google search and a lot of IH's Jackson history came up... but when I tried to log in to view the pdf's of course my login was no good any more (this is from the second time joining a few days ago). To me the fact that they are small hole makes them even cooler!

Last edited by donforeman; 07-05-2012 at 08:17 PM.

ffrink is a name known to all. (+5000) ffrink is a name known to all. (+5000) ffrink is a name known to all. (+5000) ffrink is a name known to all. (+5000) ffrink is a name known to all. (+5000) ffrink is a name known to all. (+5000) ffrink is a name known to all. (+5000) ffrink is a name known to all. (+5000) ffrink is a name known to all. (+5000) ffrink is a name known to all. (+5000) ffrink is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by donforeman View Post
    I took the adapter out of one of the plates today! You are correct they are 1.320 ID. The good news is the adapters come out very easy and the plates are unharmed from the adapter. Just a little surface rust from behind the washers is all. I will pull the adapters from the other three 50lb plates later, but at least I know. I did a Google search and a lot of IH's Jackson history came up... but when I tried to log in to view the pdf's of course my login was no good any more (this is from the second time joining a few days ago). To me the fact that they are small hole makes them even cooler!

Looks about the same as this one.....
    Attached Images

Yes very close to the same. I took the other adapters out late last night so now they all have the 1.3 hole. I could make up some cleaner reducers, once I get my Boxford lathe back together, but that's a big project too so I have a while to decide what to do with them.

ffrink is a name known to all. (+5000) ffrink is a name known to all. (+5000) ffrink is a name known to all. (+5000) ffrink is a name known to all. (+5000) ffrink is a name known to all. (+5000) ffrink is a name known to all. (+5000) ffrink is a name known to all. (+5000) ffrink is a name known to all. (+5000) ffrink is a name known to all. (+5000) ffrink is a name known to all. (+5000) ffrink is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Yes very close to the same. I took the other adapters out late last night so now they all have the 1.3 hole. I could make up some cleaner reducers, once I get my Boxford lathe back together, but that's a big project too so I have a while to decide what to do with them.
    I would put them on EBay. You will be surprised!

For sure I don't see myself finding any more in my lifetime, but I will keep looking at equipment sales just in case! Shipping is the huge pain if I sold them 4 x 50lb plus a pallet and a box has got to be crazy expensive to ship!
    Last edited by donforeman; 07-06-2012 at 11:26 AM.

AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    That is some sexy sh-- right there! I don't care who you are.
    You need a good rack, a bench, and a 300-lb Olympic weight set. Now, what was your question?

My home gym: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=652376&p=1465291461&viewfull=1#post1465291461.

()---() York Barbell Club #1 (DD, RH, Kg) ()---() []---[] Equipment Crew #36 []---[] []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #51 []---[] [M]===[6] Mech6 Crew #29 [M]===[6] ~~ 4 Horsemen ~~

It looks like Don has put the Jacksons up for sale on ebay and should eventually reap a good profit. Good luck Don.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/4-ea-50-lb-V...item35be94934a

ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I'd swap my right bollock for one of those plates.
    My training log:
    ---------------
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=153596291&p=1062453741#post1062453741

Originally Posted by ProtienandIron View Post
    Maybe for two. What do you do with one?

It looks like Don has put the Jacksons up for sale on ebay and should eventually reap a good profit. Good luck Don.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/4-ea-50-lb-V...item35be94934a
    Yes I did, I wasn't going to say anything here because I figured that whoever was actually looking for them would find them. I told a few people that inquired about them at first that if I sold them it would be on eBay to give everyone a chance. The only exception to that would be if a local person showed up before any bids were placed. I hate shipping big heavy items, so I will give that job to the UPS store if they sell - if they don't that's OK too. I will make some reducers and use them!

Originally Posted by AttyGuy View Post
    Maybe for two. What do you do with one?
    ...hmm, good point. Maybe thats why nature gave me two!
    My training log:
    ---------------

...hmm, good point. Maybe that's why nature gave me two!
    I think they look nice and are unusual, but I wouldn't be trading any body parts for the plates I have You can always find more iron, even if they aren't this exact brand. Its sort of hard to grow back body parts, doctors are still working on that one.

Registered User Cpl.Girthington's Avatar
    Cpl.Girthington is just really nice. (+1000) Cpl.Girthington is just really nice. (+1000) Cpl.Girthington is just really nice. (+1000) Cpl.Girthington is just really nice. (+1000) Cpl.Girthington is just really nice. (+1000) Cpl.Girthington is just really nice. (+1000) Cpl.Girthington is just really nice. (+1000) Cpl.Girthington is just really nice. (+1000) Cpl.Girthington is just really nice. (+1000) Cpl.Girthington is just really nice. (+1000) Cpl.Girthington is just really nice. (+1000)
    Tried to rep for teaching me what bollocks were. Any alternate way to refer to a testicle is an excellent addition to my vocabulary. Will rep on recharge sir. Oh and Atty too, cause that was quite funny as well.

I think they look nice and are unusual, but I wouldn't be trading any body parts for the plates I have You can always find more iron, even if they aren't this exact brand. Its sort of hard to grow back body parts, doctors are still working on that one.
    Dammit Don I thought we had a deal!!!

.... Is anyone here good with a needle and thread?

Originally Posted by Cpl.Girthington View Post
    Tried to rep for teaching me what bollocks were. Any alternate way to refer to a testicle is an excellent addition to my vocabulary. Will rep on recharge sir. Oh and Atty too, cause that was quite funny as well.
    Lol, thanks anyway mate. I tried repping Atty for his UK slang knowledge too.
    My training log:
    ---------------

Lol, thanks anyway mate. I tried repping Atty for his UK slang knowledge too.
    Nevermind the Bollocks, M----- F-----s! Here's the Sex Pistols!

These plates on Ebay are funny in one respect... I have sold on eBay from around 2000 or 2001 and have never had the amount of morons who feel its their god given responsibility in life to inform me that my plates are worthless... and of course they will either do me the great favor of replacing them with York, etc or take them off my hands for a paltry sum Immediately. When I tell them no I usually get an angry reply and I then take their eBay names and block them from my auctions permanently!

Most of them seem to be finding me through this thread and putting a blurb at the top of the Ebay listing didn't stop it, so I'm hoping this will put an end to this nonsense.
    Yes, I know the price is on the high side. I like the plates, but being a student again due to an injury, I couldn't see working out with plates of value when I had plain ones that will do the same job for no or low money. Its a test of the market really = if the plates don't sell I'm happy! I get to keep some very cool old plates and use them - If they do sell then I will be a little sad and have to deal with shipping the crud, but hey I can make do with more average iron and the money will be handy.

This is not a dig at the people here that pmed me here a few weeks ago.
    Last edited by donforeman; 07-29-2012 at 07:54 AM.

These plates on Ebay are funny in one respect... I have sold on eBay from around 2000 or 2001 and have never had the amount of morons who feel its their god given responsibility in life to inform me that my plates are worthless... and of course they will either do me the great favor of replacing them with York, etc or take them off my hands for a paltry sum Immediately. When I tell them no I usually get an angry reply and I then take their eBay names and block them from my auctions permanently!

Most of them seem to be finding me through this thread and putting a blurb at the top of the Ebay listing didn't stop it, so I'm hoping this will put an end to this nonsense.
    Yes, I know the price is on the high side. I like the plates, but being a student again due to an injury, I couldn't see working out with plates of value when I had plain ones that will do the same job for no or low money. Its a test of the market really = if the plates don't sell I'm happy! I get to keep some very cool old plates and use them - If they do sell then I will be a little sad and have to deal with shipping the crud, but hey I can make do with more average iron and the money will be handy.

This is not a dig at the people here that pmed me here a few weeks ago.
    The stupidity, arrogance and ignorance of people never seems to amaze. The plates are worth the money and you may have to split them into pairs to get it, but either way they are rare collector plates and worth the money.

Sorry that you've had to deal with idiots. Good luck.

MC707 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MC707 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MC707 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MC707 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MC707 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MC707 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MC707 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MC707 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MC707 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MC707 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MC707 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    The stupidity, arrogance and ignorance of people never seems to amaze. The plates are worth the money and you may have to split them into pairs to get it, but either way they are rare collector plates and worth the money.

My guess is they're either smartasses or they simply do not know the real value of the plates. Either way, unfortunately you always gotta deal with that kinda people (at least from the point of view of a seller).

The plates are worth whatever anyone is willing to pay for them. For me, my budget would be to pay double/triple the second hand value for equivilent weights, but thats just because have a thing for them.

One thing I hate about Ebay is that it is full of idiots. I should know, with 460 feedback- I'm one of them.
    My training log:
    ---------------

Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

no if they are willing to swap them out with other plates, they're hoping that DF doesn't know what he has and can be talked into a bad deal.
    Boomer Rep Crew #1
    []---[] Equipment Crew #37 []---[]
    ()---() York Barbell Club #3 ()---()

"You want science and studies? **** you. I've got scars and blood and vomit."
    -Wendler

Yeah, when this happens to me I start with "No", and then point out their error, in a short sentence using colorful language.

Who tried to swap Yorks with you?

I don't keep track of the low offers, but Standard York's are really common here in this area so I don't bother most of the time. In fact the sale I bought the Jackson barbell plates at had a large amount of 1" stuff and I didn't mess with it. I did pick up about 700 lbs of york 10lb pancake plates last year marked "Canada", but they really weren't worth reselling because they didn't go for that much on eBay. I think I got about .60 lb plus shipping, but when you count eBay fees. PayPal fees, etc it was a lot of work for not a whole lot of money! eBay/Paypal was the one who did good on the deal, not me.