AdiCore has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

AdiCore Pre-season

I am a competitive soccer player. At the moment I play at a fairly high level, and I am aiming to be at the starting 11 for next season, just like this year. The competition has become stronger, but so did I.

I will update this log 3 to 5 times a week to keep track of my progess. Any comments are appreciated.

At this moment I am following a pre-season footballprogram of bodybuilding.com (topic of the week 79, first workout. I can't post urls, due to my postcount), since I haven't had the time yet to design my own workout. Additional information: I am not doing the power clean and high pull squat, due to material lacking in my gym. I have the worst gym since PlanetFitnes.. Next month I will be doing power cleans, because I will be attending another gym at that time.

At the moment I'm building up my lifts to get a solid base. I am lifting again since 3 weeks, because I had games for selection before that. Addition 1: I have two times a week runs with my team, I don't know the focus of these trainings. Addition 2: I am increasing from ~65% to ~80-90% of 1 RM at each lift. This will be in 2 to 4 sets before I do the heaviest lift.

Last workout, all lifts were (too) easy:

Smith Squat - 4x75
    Smith Hack squats - 4x70
    Straight-leg Deadlifts - 8x80
    Calf raises (machine) - 3x12x100
    Dumbell Lunges - 12x22
    Peck deck - 3x8x93
    Dumbell calf raises - 3x8x30, heaviest dumbells around..

Did an training of an hour and a half focused on shooting. Tomorrow 9 o'clock in the morning plyometrics.

Won a tourney yesterday, no losses. Played also after it football for over an hour. Today an light cardio day.

Did a upperbody training yesterday.

Bench Press
    Dumbell militairy press
    Dumbell high pulls
    3x8 chin ups
    BOR
    Dumbell shrugs

Back took a quite hard hit of it.

Did today a training of an hour focused on game play.

Did an cardio training yesterday. 2 times 2 kilometres. In between 3 minutes rest. Ran those two both in 7.20. Did today an training focused om dribbles and positioning with friends. Planning today for another legtraining. Not quite sure, because my legs feel quite sore, and I have a tourney this saturday.

15/06
    Did some shooting with a friend. Injured my hand pretty bad, so we stopped after just one hour.

16/06
    Had a tournament with friends. My hand was all taped and I took some painkillers. Played good, but didn't win unfortunately.

17/06
    Rest day

For today: we will have another cardio workout. I think it will be something like a 1-2-3 km's pyramid walk. My hand is still sore, but less than yesterday. Still some waterretention. The good thing is that is can pick things up again. I hope I will be able to pick up fitness in one week or so.

Why am i so fat :(... CallMeB00M's Avatar
    CallMeB00M has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CallMeB00M has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CallMeB00M has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CallMeB00M has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CallMeB00M has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CallMeB00M has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CallMeB00M has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CallMeB00M has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CallMeB00M has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CallMeB00M has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CallMeB00M has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    What happened to your hand?
    Hope a quick recovery .
    It feels good to have sore muscles,knowing that next time i ball I'll be more physique than the last.
    "The only difference between a good shot and a bad shot is if it goes in or not."
    Check out our double log : http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=145659031

Originally Posted by CallMeB00M View Post
    What happened to your hand?
    Hope a quick recovery .
    Thanks! We played a game with a lot of shooting involved. A friend of mine shot a strange moving ball at high speed. Just got it wrong on my hand, so my wrist is now injured, due to over extension to the back. It is healing pretty fast, I can pick things up, things like a dish, with only a little bit of pain .

Did a run with the team yesterday. First we did 1 km, after that 3 km consecutive. I did 1 km in 3 min 36 and 3 km in 13 min round. Pretty happy with the results. Fortunately my wrist wasn't in pain. After this run I played football for another 2 hours with friends. Focused on shooting and actions in little spaces. Did some stretching in the evening.

For today I'm planning to play for around 1,5 hour of football, after that some stretching.

I'm also looking at an olympic barbell to be able to do olympic lifts at home this summer and next year.

Why am i so fat :(... CallMeB00M's Avatar
    CallMeB00M has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CallMeB00M has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CallMeB00M has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CallMeB00M has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CallMeB00M has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CallMeB00M has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CallMeB00M has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CallMeB00M has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CallMeB00M has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CallMeB00M has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CallMeB00M has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by AdiCore View Post
    Thanks! We played a game with a lot of shooting involved. A friend of mine shot a strange moving ball at high speed. Just got it wrong on my hand, so my wrist is now injured, due to over extension to the back. It is healing pretty fast, I can pick things up, things like a dish, with only a little bit of pain .

Did a run with the team yesterday. First we did 1 km, after that 3 km consecutive. I did 1 km in 3 min 36 and 3 km in 13 min round. Pretty happy with the results. Fortunately my wrist wasn't in pain. After this run I played football for another 2 hours with friends. Focused on shooting and actions in little spaces. Did some stretching in the evening.

For today I'm planning to play for around 1,5 hour of football, after that some stretching.

I'm also looking at an olympic barbell to be able to do olympic lifts at home this summer and next year.
    Good to hear that .
    It feels good to have sore muscles,knowing that next time i ball I'll be more physique than the last.
    "The only difference between a good shot and a bad shot is if it goes in or not."
    Check out our double log : http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=145659031

Originally Posted by CallMeB00M View Post
    Good to hear that .
    Waterretention is almost gone. It is now a yellow spot of 3 by 2 at the inside of my wrist. I think friday will be too early to lift..

Did today first some stretching. In the evening I did cardio. Ran first 1 km in 3'49 and got then 3 min rest. Then we ran again 1 km, this time I hitted 3'30. Again 3 min rest. Then we ran 2,1 km. I did it in 8'38.

Not bad at all, but I can do better. The results aren't optimal because I had something near to cramp even before we started.

In the evening I played some football for 1.15 hours. We did just gameplay. After that I took around 20 shots. I think I will take recovery day tomorrow, only with some stretching.

Have been playing soccer for 2 hours a day on avarage. Also still doing cardio. Did yesterday first 1 km, then 2, then 1. All at 16 km/h. Today I did 1-1-1 at 16 km/h. Doing after each running 15 push ups and 12 pull ups. I am hoping to be able to go to the gym by wednesday.

Did the day before yesterday my first gymtraining in 2 weeks. It was good.

3x12 lunges !PR!
    3x5 squats !PR!
    8/8/8 chin ups
    3x5 full stack calf raises !PR!
    3x5 leg press !PR!
    3x8 bench press (machine), wrist is too sore to bench with free weights
    8/8/7 chest dips
    1 km @ 16,7 km/h

Ran yesterday 4,2 kms in a little less than 30 minutes. It was more of a recovery walk than a real cardio workout. Felt sore of my PR's.

Marcobrah is on a distinguished road. (+10) Marcobrah is on a distinguished road. (+10) Marcobrah is on a distinguished road. (+10) Marcobrah is on a distinguished road. (+10) Marcobrah is on a distinguished road. (+10) Marcobrah is on a distinguished road. (+10) Marcobrah is on a distinguished road. (+10) Marcobrah is on a distinguished road. (+10) Marcobrah is on a distinguished road. (+10) Marcobrah is on a distinguished road. (+10) Marcobrah is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Nice man! Seems very motivated! Keep it up bro!

Originally Posted by Marcobrah View Post
    Nice man! Seems very motivated! Keep it up bro!
    Thanks . Still motivated. Less training on own initiative however. The regular practises require a lot of energy. Hitting the gym once a week, soccer training 3 times a week and a match every weekend. I am a starter now, so it payed-off I guess .