Fritz2022 is not very well liked. (-100) Fritz2022 is not very well liked. (-100) Fritz2022 is not very well liked. (-100) Fritz2022 is not very well liked. (-100) Fritz2022 is not very well liked. (-100) Fritz2022 is not very well liked. (-100) Fritz2022 is not very well liked. (-100) Fritz2022 is not very well liked. (-100) Fritz2022 is not very well liked. (-100) Fritz2022 is not very well liked. (-100) Fritz2022 is not very well liked. (-100)

Fritz's Senior Citizen Effort

Staring at 60 years old in six months is like having coffee and a bran muffin on the way to work, then getting stuck in traffic.

My mid 40s to mid 50s was brutal. A birth defect that was missed was found. Non diabetic neuropathy became miserable, and post workout DOMS felt like the day after an auto accident. Finally a neurosurgeon and Orthopedist starting poking and prodding. It was determined I have caudal regression syndrome. You can look it up. It was determined I needed three rods, but not wanting to be 70 if they wore out, I was put on a pain management plan and promised to eschew free weights.

Laugh if you must, but I use a Soloflex now and have surprised the neurosurgeon and his PA by keeping at status quo. I am not sure they thought I could go this long without surgical intervention. But yes, I have. When I get bored with the Soloflex my wife gave me a Total Gym a few years ago. I alternate back and forth. An Airdyne helps as well.

So, I will start with last Friday. I Airdyned for 20 minutes. I want to stay in the 20-30 minute time frame and build up intensity using Cooper Aerobic points. If you are older, you know who I am talking about. I peddled about 4 aerobic points worth. Not titanic in any sense, but a start. The goal is 30 points a week.

Saturday, July 22, I put in a Soloflex workout with what are known as the shock rings. I did the following:

Ab Bench
    Bench press
    Palms in pull downs
    Press from behind the neck
    Leg Press

Usually I do six exercises but skipped direct triceps work. I do not "race" through my strength training, but try to keep moving with purpose, a minute between exercises, 30 seconds between sets.

I lost a lot of strength during that decade. In 2020, during the Fall, I acquired the Corona virus. My wife and two daughters are nurses, they were giving me a day before they were hauling my sorry sack to the hospital. I rallied.

That was a set back and a half. I came down with it again last February. Not as bad fortunately. Just a week of illness instead of the month in 2020.

There you have it. I know I am not throwing iron around anymore, but I am building this body back up.

Everyone take care!
    The world needs more history majors and fewer business majors. - Carl Sagan