jamal26 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question Insanity VS weight Lifting

I have been hearing a lot that the Insanity program is great for fat lose, but is it a good idea to combine it with weight lifting?

Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by jamal26 View Post
    I have been hearing a lot that the Insanity program is great for fat lose, but is it a good idea to combine it with weight lifting?
    what are your goals and what is your ideal physique? fit and skinny or fit and muscular?
    Stern Crew

Originally Posted by Retoaded View Post
    what are your goals and what is your ideal physique? fit and skinny or fit and muscular?
    Fit and muscular would be my ideal. But I am a little chubby and thought an intense cardio program would help lose that extra weight.

ktonks is on a distinguished road. (+10) ktonks is on a distinguished road. (+10) ktonks is on a distinguished road. (+10) ktonks is on a distinguished road. (+10) ktonks is on a distinguished road. (+10) ktonks is on a distinguished road. (+10) ktonks is on a distinguished road. (+10) ktonks is on a distinguished road. (+10) ktonks is on a distinguished road. (+10) ktonks is on a distinguished road. (+10) ktonks is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    honestly, insanity works at first but your body adapts pretty quick if your in decent shape. i would give it a go or occasionally do some of the HIIT just to use the workout but not solely that.

bigbenUW has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bigbenUW has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bigbenUW has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bigbenUW has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bigbenUW has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bigbenUW has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bigbenUW has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bigbenUW has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bigbenUW has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bigbenUW has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bigbenUW has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Start with a beginners weight training regimen, and do insanity on off days. Lifting weights will add muscle and raise your metabolic rate and the HIIT will keep your metabolism high on off days and help burn fat without burning muscle. Try a basic one or two day split. Jim Stoppani's shortcut to size program has both, I believe.

Originally Posted by bigbenUW View Post
    Start with a beginners weight training regimen, and do insanity on off days. Lifting weights will add muscle and raise your metabolic rate and the HIIT will keep your metabolism high on off days and help burn fat without burning muscle. Try a basic one or two day split. Jim Stoppani's shortcut to size program has both, I believe.
    Okay I will take a look at his plan. I was thinking of doing Kris Gethin's 12 week plan but I haven't really herd anything good about it.

hannahlynne102 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hannahlynne102 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hannahlynne102 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hannahlynne102 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hannahlynne102 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hannahlynne102 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hannahlynne102 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hannahlynne102 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hannahlynne102 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hannahlynne102 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hannahlynne102 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I did insanity for a couple weeks but got so bored of it. Now I just lift heavy and do a little cardio on my off days...also its not good for people with bad knees.. very strenuous.
    IT'S A LIFESTYLE...

boostedjosh will become famous soon enough. (+50) boostedjosh will become famous soon enough. (+50) boostedjosh will become famous soon enough. (+50) boostedjosh will become famous soon enough. (+50) boostedjosh will become famous soon enough. (+50) boostedjosh will become famous soon enough. (+50) boostedjosh will become famous soon enough. (+50) boostedjosh will become famous soon enough. (+50) boostedjosh will become famous soon enough. (+50) boostedjosh will become famous soon enough. (+50) boostedjosh will become famous soon enough. (+50)

I agree with this.

I did quite a few rounds of P90X to get in shape (went from ~250 to 185) and then decided to try insanity to try to take it to the "next level".

After a month of it I had lost 10 lbs but I bet anything that it was 9.5lbs of muscle. I hated the way it was making me look. I was losing mass in my shoulders and arms and I started looking sickly. I went from the 185 that I was in my avi to 174. It was also pretty boring after the first week. My cardiovascular endurance was through the roof though.

Anyway long story short I ditched it and went back to the gym and was much happier with how I looked and my strength level. A good basic lifting routine with a couple days a week of insanity would be fine.

Lastly, fat loss is in the kitchen not in the gym.

Yeah I tried Insanity for 2 weeks and I'm pretty over it. I have changed my diet and I am only consuming between 1500 and 2000 calories a day. i went back to my routine just tweaked it a little and added some more cardio to it.

I am just getting frustrated that I have been working out pretty hard for 8 months, I was 250 when I started and 251 today. I am gaining muscle and that's good but I am just not burning fat. Idk what else to do.

Registered User BronzeElemental's Avatar
    BronzeElemental has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Yeah I tried Insanity for 2 weeks and I'm pretty over it. I have changed my diet and I am only consuming between 1500 and 2000 calories a day. i went back to my routine just tweaked it a little and added some more cardio to it.

I am just getting frustrated that I have been working out pretty hard for 8 months, I was 250 when I started and 251 today. I am gaining muscle and that's good but I am just not burning fat. Idk what else to do.
    You sure you are only consuming 1500-2000 calories a day?

BishopJay has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Kris Gethin 12 Week

Okay I will take a look at his plan. I was thinking of doing Kris Gethin's 12 week plan but I haven't really herd anything good about it.
    Just wanted to say that I'm doing Kris Gethins 12 Wk Hardcore right now. Same goals that you have, lose fat gain muscle. I started @ 234.5 / 36% body fat, I just finished week 10, I'm at 207 / 28% bodyfat and I still have these last two weeks. I've done P90x and saw good results but the KG program definitely works, ive never been this strong. I'd try it, his diet plan is straight forward and the workouts are insane :-). Hope this helped!

jixedburn has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jixedburn has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jixedburn has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jixedburn has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jixedburn has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jixedburn has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jixedburn has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Beta vs ALPHA

Originally Posted by BronzeElemental View Post
    You sure you are only consuming 1500-2000 calories a day?
    Yeah I track everything I eat and drink through out my day. I also track the calories burned during exercise.

nari1208 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nari1208 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nari1208 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nari1208 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nari1208 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nari1208 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nari1208 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nari1208 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nari1208 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nari1208 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nari1208 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Insanity workout is the best. Its really common nowadays and people admire it too. Have you ever tried it?

obey46 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) obey46 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) obey46 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) obey46 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) obey46 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) obey46 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) obey46 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) obey46 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) obey46 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) obey46 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) obey46 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I did both to lose weight. see my results. theres only so much lean muscle you can build while on a deficit and doing hiit but it's possible if you're new. to help not burn muscle I ended up eating only at a small deficit.
    Ivanko Barbell Crew #61
    BNET: obeygiant#1273

Registered User ChrisHenderson5's Avatar
    ChrisHenderson5 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ChrisHenderson5 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    honestly if you are trying to lose weight p90x is the best way to go even though its main goal is muscle building. p90x helped me a lot and its tough

Registered User bradscottfitnes's Avatar
    bradscottfitnes is not very well liked. (-100) bradscottfitnes is not very well liked. (-100) bradscottfitnes is not very well liked. (-100) bradscottfitnes is not very well liked. (-100) bradscottfitnes is not very well liked. (-100) bradscottfitnes is not very well liked. (-100) bradscottfitnes is not very well liked. (-100) bradscottfitnes is not very well liked. (-100) bradscottfitnes is not very well liked. (-100) bradscottfitnes is not very well liked. (-100) bradscottfitnes is not very well liked. (-100)
    Fit and muscular would be my ideal. But I am a little chubby and thought an intense cardio program would help lose that extra weight.
    Insanity will get you lean enough for your body fat to be low enough for abs to show and stuff like that but I did a lot of weight lifting with it. If you just do insanity you won't be able to gain too much size. Depends on what you really want.
    Brad Scott

Get Customized Meal Plans at - http://sixpackinsanity.com
    Check out awesome fitness and nutrition tips - http://bradscottfitness.com
    Free workout videos - http://youtube.com/bradscottfitness

Tonzillionaire is not very well liked. (-100) Tonzillionaire is not very well liked. (-100) Tonzillionaire is not very well liked. (-100) Tonzillionaire is not very well liked. (-100) Tonzillionaire is not very well liked. (-100) Tonzillionaire is not very well liked. (-100) Tonzillionaire is not very well liked. (-100) Tonzillionaire is not very well liked. (-100) Tonzillionaire is not very well liked. (-100) Tonzillionaire is not very well liked. (-100) Tonzillionaire is not very well liked. (-100)
    I'd say stick with insanity until you're at your at the physique you would like, then go on a clean bulk to build muscle.

SeverianB is on a distinguished road. (+10) SeverianB is on a distinguished road. (+10) SeverianB is on a distinguished road. (+10) SeverianB is on a distinguished road. (+10) SeverianB is on a distinguished road. (+10) SeverianB is on a distinguished road. (+10) SeverianB is on a distinguished road. (+10) SeverianB is on a distinguished road. (+10) SeverianB is on a distinguished road. (+10) SeverianB is on a distinguished road. (+10) SeverianB is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    The thing I've found is that to do either one, you need to be in decent shape first, or you are going to start out WAY slow.

DGetsCut has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

On Day - Off Day Works

Second this. I had a friend who tried this method and cycle. Worked great for him.

xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Diet dictates the results of fat loss not how you train.

Want to keep muscle mass, perhaps gain some while losing fat?

Get in the gym and lift heavy
    Type 1 Diabetic - Since age 15
    Luke 1:37 "For NOTHING is impossible with God"

INSTAGRAM: StevenGFH Follow me!

*ALLMAX NUTRITION REP*

ALLMAX Nutrition, Inc.
    SCIENCE - INNOVATION - QUALITY - RESULTS
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/all/all.htm

Disclaimer: All forum or bulletin board posts are solely the opinion of myself and do not necessarily reflect the views of ALLMAX

calexander82 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    What are your thoughts on Tapout XT versus weightlifting?

They recommend a diet that is supposedly low carb and low fat. I typically eat about 1850 calories per day (40% carb, 40% protein, 20% fat). Usually 170g of Protein and 170g of Carbs with about 30 to 40g of Fat.

younan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'd say a little of both. Doing HIIT on cardio days can help burn the fat while other days will maintain muscle mass. I wouldn't solely stick with Insanity and stop lifting tho that's for sure

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by calexander82 View Post
    What are your thoughts on Tapout XT versus weightlifting?

They recommend a diet that is supposedly low carb and low fat. I typically eat about 1850 calories per day (40% carb, 40% protein, 20% fat). Usually 170g of Protein and 170g of Carbs with about 30 to 40g of Fat.
    If your aim is to gain any muscle mass then there is no substitute for weight training

Don't base your diet on ratios, it makes no sense and will lead to wierd numbers when you switch from mass gain to fat loss phases. Protein looks OK, fat looks far too low. See the sticky threads in the nutrition forum for more info.

larrycrazy is just really nice. (+1000) larrycrazy is just really nice. (+1000) larrycrazy is just really nice. (+1000) larrycrazy is just really nice. (+1000) larrycrazy is just really nice. (+1000) larrycrazy is just really nice. (+1000) larrycrazy is just really nice. (+1000) larrycrazy is just really nice. (+1000) larrycrazy is just really nice. (+1000) larrycrazy is just really nice. (+1000) larrycrazy is just really nice. (+1000)
    Wouldn't doing weight lifting then doing something like insanity or tapout cause you to use muscles that you just worked with weights,And could that cause you to over work that muscle group?
    YOU PAST THE THRESHOLD

Sponsored Logs:
    Formutech Acetyl L-Carnitine Log
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=152258053&p=1033712133#post1033712133

Formutech Lean EFX Refined Log
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=154758843

Bodybuilding.com's Pyro Pro Log
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=156613183

MuscleTech NanoVaper&Phase8 WC Log
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=158592913

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by larrycrazy View Post
    Wouldn't doing weight lifting then doing something like insanity or tapout cause you to use muscles that you just worked with weights,And could that cause you to over work that muscle group?
    It would not overwork them. It's very hard to truly overwork a muscle.

It's just not necessary for body recomposition goals to run your ass off like a hamster in a wheel. Control calorie balance via your diet.

nlmurry has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) nlmurry has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) nlmurry has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) nlmurry has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) nlmurry has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) nlmurry has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) nlmurry has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) nlmurry has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) nlmurry has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) nlmurry has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) nlmurry has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I am on Week 5 of Jim's STS program. I started Insanity today as well. I am going to run them both concurrent and see how well it goes. Last time I did insanity alone I lost far to much muscle mass, very fast.

I am doing to Transformation challenge and figured this would be the best way to get in the best shape the Fastest. Not sure how it will go, but well see in about 54 days. Thats how long I have left.

DurdenEgo is on a distinguished road. (+10) DurdenEgo is on a distinguished road. (+10) DurdenEgo is on a distinguished road. (+10) DurdenEgo is on a distinguished road. (+10) DurdenEgo is on a distinguished road. (+10) DurdenEgo is on a distinguished road. (+10) DurdenEgo is on a distinguished road. (+10) DurdenEgo is on a distinguished road. (+10) DurdenEgo is on a distinguished road. (+10) DurdenEgo is on a distinguished road. (+10) DurdenEgo is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by nlmurry View Post
    I am on Week 5 of Jim's STS program. I started Insanity today as well. I am going to run them both concurrent and see how well it goes. Last time I did insanity alone I lost far to much muscle mass, very fast.

I am doing to Transformation challenge and figured this would be the best way to get in the best shape the Fastest. Not sure how it will go, but well see in about 54 days. Thats how long I have left.
    Can you update your status holmes? Im in this predicament now. On Insanity for 2 weeks and already hate it Bored as Shiz. My gut is telling me not to quit, but the brah in me is saying GO TO GYM. I work shift work and time and sleep is not easy to achieve. Im really at a crossroads here.

Ganning will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ganning will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ganning will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ganning will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ganning will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ganning will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ganning will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ganning will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ganning will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ganning will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ganning will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I have been doing insanity and weight lifting and have been seeing some good results, lost weight, some belly fat, and even gained a bit of strength. But I haven't gotten to the next set of DVD's (month 2) which are supposed to be "GOD MODE DIFFICULTY". So I guess i'll see how it will workout. If you got enough free time 2-3 hours just for working out, then id say give it a shot. Whats it going to hurt?

Also for those who say you adapt pretty quick, this is false. Insanity is almost always going to be tough because it revolves around how much effort you put into the routine. The idea is to put everything you have into the workout, so when you get stronger and more conditioned you can put more into the workout resulting in more reps and probably the same or higher heart rate.
    Last edited by Ganning; 11-19-2013 at 09:26 PM.

Jbond29566 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Anyone who says you can't gain muscle on insanity, or that your body adapts to it is crazy. I am currently doing it for the third time, eating 3800 calories a day, and have only lost 3lbs through the first 2 weeks. Both other times I ate about 2500 calories and lost 40lbs both times. It's all in the diet, all of it...... you can do whatever you want with the program, if your only eating 1500-2000 calories and burning 700 per workout, of course your body will eat itself... losing muscle.