LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Science, Yes Important But……….

…..when it comes to doing the training not so much.

You are far better off overtrain than under training.

The best way to counter overtraining is eating, but we can’t all let this consume our lives, so when you have overdone something, your body will tell you. Chances are high the back off will result in growth, but what really caused that growth?
    It was the overtraining.

This means that you can push it, push it, push it and not meet all your nutritional needs, at this point, an adjustment in training is needed along with just eating more food, period.

Now science is very useful on eating carbs and sugar and timing of training. When you train the body converts those nutrients. This is the area where science can cause you to make the fastest progress and biggest progress.

Minimal sleep is needed here fellas.
    Authentic Knights Swing Heavy Steel and Have Hands and Wrists of Steel!

Anti-Traditional Programs, Student of Instinct Training

"The Muscle Feeds Itself"- LWW

Crawling back under rock OldFartTom's Avatar
    OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Looking through old training logs/xls every time I think the way you do above I gain body fat and end up with some (thankfully so far..) minor injury, but bad enough injury to derail my training, usually somewhere between 6 and 9 weeks into it.

I'm not saying it's wrong for you. What I'm saying is I haven't managed to find how to get it to work for me, despite maybe 6 attempts in the past if that tactic.

Since I only ever get minimum sleep, and don't feel good for it, that's the one part I flat out disagree with you. People need enough sleep. The amount needed varies a lot from person to person (no idea where the fictitious amount of 8 hours comes from, who the heck gets that huge amount?), but when you don't quite get enough for whatever your requirements is, and fall slightly short long term, that just can't help, especially when you're hard training

LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by OldFartTom View Post
    Looking through old training logs/xls every time I think the way you do above I gain body fat and end up with some (thankfully so far..) minor injury, but bad enough injury to derail my training, usually somewhere between 6 and 9 weeks into it.

I'm not saying it's wrong for you. What I'm saying is I haven't managed to find how to get it to work for me, despite maybe 6 attempts in the past if that tactic.

Since I only ever get minimum sleep, and don't feel good for it, that's the one part I flat out disagree with you. People need enough sleep. The amount needed varies a lot from person to person (no idea where the fictitious amount of 8 hours comes from, who the heck gets that huge amount?), but when you don't quite get enough for whatever your requirements is, and fall slightly short long term, that just can't help, especially when you're hard training

I have a thread about wide grip super high rep curls, I recall you saying the 100rep empty bar curls aren’t appealing to you.

Let me tell ya, no matter how much I’m hurting or derailed, I can still take 5pound bells and do a 100rep shoulder combo that will build pumped monster shoulders, that’s all it takes. I’ll do this at 11pm at night if I have to and then eat a can of tuna.

That’s the difference of bodybuilding.

I’ll post a heavy shoulder workout in a few days, I’m fuking in pain, it re aggravated my tendon issue, is it stopping me from the light weights, not at all…….

Not saying you should do this, just saying how this science thing works.

OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I said it wasn't appealing to me currently (back then)

I don't do biceps curls, haven't done a single one this year do far, can't remember if I did any last year.

But squats... I am thinking about about starting squats with the bar set to my own bodyweight, training it 3 times a week 3 sets of X number of reps (maybe? Or maybe...a single set taking as long as I want but can't put the bar down or it ends. Not decided yet). Gradually building up the number X. So would be a lower weight higher reps, rather than higher weight lower reps approach.

Not right now as I'm trying to get back into more jogging and I don't want to change both at same time, but when I get my jogging speed/distances to where I want I've a mind to go that high rep approach with the squats.

And if others reading this say "why???" it's because I use weights are to train for other goals, not powerlifting. Endurance is valuable to me.

Originally Posted by OldFartTom View Post
    I said it wasn't appealing to me currently (back then)

not powerlifting. Endurance is valuable to me.

I got ya. I’m interested in bodybuilding now, not competitive but looking like I lift while wearing clothes, I guess you could say an off season bodybuilder because bodybuilders are usually smaller during the contest day.

I feel myself getting bigger and bigger and I have a few shirts that are now skin tight around the shoulders and arms. When I see myself in a vid, I think I notice that yeah I’m improving but I’m still a long way to go.

This takes so much work, there is no “I’m a low rep/high rep guy” thinking here, Tom, I don’t know what I’m going to train and how I’m going to train from one day to the next, if I’m in the danger zone, I’m going super light and pumping blood and gorging the muscles. The important thing is I’m doing more than I did the last time, whether it’s more reps, more sets, more weight.

I still do just singles too Tom, hell, I’ll do acrobatic style workouts too man.

I’m going to try and post that vid today, I’m feeling a lot better today. I’m exactly 200 pounds BW and I’m the most solid 200 I’ve ever been. Over a month ago I was 205 and too fat. 6 months ago I was 188, I’m as lean now at 200 as I was at 188. I’ve got more mass now, lats,shoulders and hammies.

Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Just hoping to gather a wealth of knowledge about time travel. Is it within the realm of possibility? Maybe only the worlds top secret scientists have access to that information but I am looking for some good YouTube content on time travel, realistic takes rather than conspiracy nut job theories.
    BLM (Brock Lesnar Matters)

Always go full potato crew

paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Try to naturally blow out the shoulder seams of a shirt with natural wear and tear. I did with this FR XXL work shirt.

Furnishe renal hoses in Cofeville Kasas. Washe/drye, full kitcen, cale/wif, all bills paid. Welders, fiters, boilermakes, electicians, inpectors the refiery, soybea plat, bio disel plant, pipline and anmal fod plant conractors.

paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    Just hoping to gather a wealth of knowledge about time travel. Is it within the realm of possibility? Maybe only the worlds top secret scientists have access to that information but I am looking for some good YouTube content on time travel, realistic takes rather than conspiracy nut job theories.
    You have to have the ability to travel faster than the speed of light in order to time travel. I knew some astronauts that did this.

Furnishe renal hoses in Cofeville Kasas. Washe/drye, full kitcen, cale/wif, all bills paid. Welders, fiters, boilermakes, electicians, inpectors the refiery, soybea plat, bio disel plant, pipline and anmal fod plant conractors.

Yeah lww, realise that there isn't high/low and the old bro science ot 1-3 reps= strength only and 12 = hypertrophy only is bs, when I was saying that high/low I was hugely simplifying as it's too much hassle to type and I know you get it anyway. And yes we're on the same page that everyone should do a mix of ranges. Heard it described as a bell curve... (described by Dan John) That you should train some singles and some really high rep sets as well as "normal" rep ranges, but the peak of the bell curve of what you spend time on, should be a rep range based on your training goals. Obviously that goal will be different for a track athlete from a powerlifter from a endurance cyclist from a whatever ..

What I meant was going in the direction more the sort of how many squats with the bar at own bodyweight can you do, 50? Rep set 100 rep set?? Than a heavy 3s and singles That sort of perspective

I ripped a pair of trousers and on a different occasion a seam in a shirt (heard the rip but not very visible, but not as impressive as Paul pic!). In my case it completely down to old worn out clothes and increased bodyfat, sadly in my case hulk like muscle wasn't a factor as much as I'd want to blame that