Lovinlife8402 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Unhappy Getting Discouraged

I have been working out for awhile now, and I feel like i've hit a dead end. I seem to be thinning out everywhere but my tummy, and I don't know what it is i'm doing wrong. I normally work out 5-6 days a week. I tried not doing as much cardio and doing more weights, but that hasn't helped me very much either. Does anyone have any tips? What would they reccomend. I'm 5'1 about 114 pounds and my body fat % (last time it was taken) was 22% I've noticed that my legs and arms/shoulders are getting more defined but my stomach seems to not be changing at all.

rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Your getting results and your not happy with them??

I dont understand. This is not something you do and then see immediate results right where you want. This is more about small changes over time, a long time.

If you carry all your fat in your stomach, then that will be the last thing to change.

Also, to give you any tips we need more info, What is your diet and macros, what is your training? Just saying " i workout" or "i lift weights" means nothing.
    What are your goals??
    Also pictures would help determine what your next move should be. At your stats, you are not overweight and likely losing weight is not your optimal place to be right now.
    www.bikinisandbiceps.com
    IG@bikinisandbiceps

MPH, CPT and Nutrition and Wellness Coach

No one is going to care more about your progress than you. Everyone else is too busy chasing their own. You either do what you need to do to progress, or you remain where you are. The choice is yours.

CFO has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CFO has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CFO has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CFO has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CFO has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CFO has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CFO has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CFO has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CFO has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CFO has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CFO has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    There is a saying out there, that if you don't try something for at least 3 months, then you can't really determine if its effective or ineffective. If you're jumping from plan to plan just because you're not seeing miracle quick results - that won't work. You will naturally hit plateaus. We all do. Perseverance is the difference between the people who meet their goals and those who drop by the wayside.

I agree with the above poster. The last place you are going to lose will be your stomach/hips/thighs.

Patience.
    "We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a habit." ~ Aristotle

kassie_100 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I am having the same issue. I have lost about 32 pounds since January 3rd with mostly cardio and diet. I began weight training April 15th and since then I have not lost one pound (I have gone down 5 and back up in 1 week) I am eating clean and at 5'10 - 150 pounds I am eating between 1500-1700 calories per day, cardio 3 to 4 times per week for about 30 minutes and strength 6 days a week. I have been changing the days I work certain muscles and trying to work on hitting my macros but I am just not seeing any changes anywhere but in my arms...of course the belly and thighs are the last to go.

I am sticking with it, I know I will see the results soon and so will you.

Ok yes I'm getting results but I normally don't notice it, someone else notices it. Because like you said they're more small changes than anything. With the diet I pretty much eat the same thing every day, plain oats with a little bit of brown sugar in it with skim milk and a banana for break fast then a protein shake 3 hours after that then for dinner normally some type of protien like chicken or fish and a veggie or rice. I'm wondering if I should be eating more or less, just not too sure about that. I don't know what macros is..Ive been looking on the site and i dont know what that means.
    As for working out i normally go 5-6x times at week. Lately i've been doing 5 mins of cardio then all weight training, switch up one day upper body next lower body and i work out for about an hour or so. Should i be doing more cardio? My goals at this moment is to get to more toned up, I'd like to be at 110 pounds, and get my stomach in better shape. Oh and all I drink is water, I normally drink about a gallon a day.
    Attached is a current picture that I took today. So thats all I can think of to tell you, hopefully I didnt leave out anything. So any tips you guys could give me would be great. I really would like any tips anyone could give me. Thank you!!
    Attached Images

rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    You are not eating enough if that is all you eat in a day.

Macros = macronutrients = proteins carbs and fats

you need to get your diet in check before you do anything.

That pic is really small and hard to see (plus i am blind as a bat) but it looks like you are higher than 22% bodyfat. My suggestion would either be a bulk or a recomp rather than trying to lose weight.
    In other words find whatever your maintenance calories are per the sticky and stay there for a while and then either work to gain more muscle or work to slowly take off fat while slowly putting muscle on. Losing weight at this point will leave you looking skelatal if you do not have the muscle base for it.

Read the stickies in the nutrition section on calculating calories.
    www.bikinisandbiceps.com
    IG@bikinisandbiceps

No one is going to care more about your progress than you. Everyone else is too busy chasing their own. You either do what you need to do to progress, or you remain where you are. The choice is yours.

I'm not fully understanding how to calculate my calories using those formulas, does anyone mind explaining it at little more to me? Thank you

(9.99 x weight in kg) + (6.25 x height in cm) - (4.92 x age) - 161 = ?? this will give you your BMR

multiply ?? by activity factor and that will give you your maintence level,

read it again and take notes, i dont know how to make it any more simple. its just math, you plug in the numbers.
    www.bikinisandbiceps.com
    IG@bikinisandbiceps

recruitmiller has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    You should me mad proud of yourself for getting this far. Maybe I didn't read enough, but what core exercises are you doing? Is it full range as in upper lower and oblique? Also, small ****ty fact about being a woman, your stomach is where your stress weight goes. So relax and eat clean/train dirty.

andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Lovinlife8402 View Post
    . I'm wondering if I should be eating more or less, just not too sure about that. I don't know what macros is..Ive been looking on the site and i dont know what that means.
    read and reread the sticky on calculatin cals and macro's. like rockangel said, figuring out your maintenance is just abt plugging in your numbers into the equation given (i'd use the mifflin st jeor. don't think your bf is accurate). then open an account on livestrong and enter your current intake and adjust to match what the calculation gives you. well, the calculation is maintenance and then you add or decrease from there. use livestrong for food info and to track and record. do not use it to give you a cal intake goal. all those sites are notoriously bad at that. use the sticky. also pay no attn to the calories burned thru various exercises. just track your cals and macro's.

speaking of exercise, you said upper/lower, but what prgm? you want to be doing a professional prgm. see the sticky on training prgm basics in the training section. the new rules of lifting might be of particular benefit to you b/c it has a nutrition section as well.

Originally Posted by rockangel View Post

you need to get your diet in check before you do anything.
    this. and be consistent.
    Originally Posted by rockangel View Post
    it looks like you are higher than 22% bodyfat. My suggestion would either be a bulk or a recomp rather than trying to lose weight.
    In other words find whatever your maintenance calories are per the sticky and stay there for a while and then either work to gain more muscle or work to slowly take off fat while slowly putting muscle on. Losing weight at this point will leave you looking skelatal if you do not have the muscle base for it.
    i'd go w/ recomp for sure. unless we're wrong and she is at 22%. but if a bunch higher, i'd start w/ a recomp and then go from there.

oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Sounds like you need to bulk for awhile and then cut again. Often to get rid of those last pesky pockets of fat you need to cycle between cutting and bulking for awhile. If you are seriously at 114 and 5'1", you are probably not carrying very much muscle at all, but since most body fat tests are wholly unreliable, it's hard to say without pics, but I suspect you are short on muscle mass. Time to bulk. Eat a surplus, lift heavy things. Do that for a few months, then diet again.
    "Start where you are. It's never too late to change your life."

oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Lovinlife8402 View Post
    Ok yes I'm getting results but I normally don't notice it, someone else notices it. Because like you said they're more small changes than anything. With the diet I pretty much eat the same thing every day, plain oats with a little bit of brown sugar in it with skim milk and a banana for break fast then a protein shake 3 hours after that then for dinner normally some type of protien like chicken or fish and a veggie or rice. I'm wondering if I should be eating more or less, just not too sure about that. I don't know what macros is..Ive been looking on the site and i dont know what that means.
    As for working out i normally go 5-6x times at week. Lately i've been doing 5 mins of cardio then all weight training, switch up one day upper body next lower body and i work out for about an hour or so. Should i be doing more cardio? My goals at this moment is to get to more toned up, I'd like to be at 110 pounds, and get my stomach in better shape. Oh and all I drink is water, I normally drink about a gallon a day.
    Attached is a current picture that I took today. So thats all I can think of to tell you, hopefully I didnt leave out anything. So any tips you guys could give me would be great. I really would like any tips anyone could give me. Thank you!!
    Boy, that's a tiny pic, but yeah, you're probably higher than 22% bodyfat. A recomp is probably a good bet for you. Eat to maintain and lift heavy. But if your diet or lifting routine are crap, you're not going to make any progress.
    "Start where you are. It's never too late to change your life."