xhellsyax has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) xhellsyax has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) xhellsyax has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) xhellsyax has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) xhellsyax has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) xhellsyax has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) xhellsyax has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) xhellsyax has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) xhellsyax has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) xhellsyax has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Is it bad to eat before bed??

Every night I usually have a protein shake about an hour before bed. My diet is pretty healthy..i try to consume my bodweight in protein mostly and lately ive been trying to stay away from carbs a bit to loose some fat ..I had somee chicken for dinner today with about 30g of carbs because it was my post workout meal..i fell asleep about an hour or so after..is that bad? its 9 now..so i only slept for like three hours or so..just had my protein shake..with a yasso greek yogurt bar..which are actually pretty good on carbs. like 13g carbs 70 calories.

Ahmed81 is just really nice. (+1000) Ahmed81 is just really nice. (+1000) Ahmed81 is just really nice. (+1000) Ahmed81 is just really nice. (+1000) Ahmed81 is just really nice. (+1000) Ahmed81 is just really nice. (+1000) Ahmed81 is just really nice. (+1000) Ahmed81 is just really nice. (+1000) Ahmed81 is just really nice. (+1000) Ahmed81 is just really nice. (+1000) Ahmed81 is just really nice. (+1000)
    as long as you hit your macros and don't go over your daily calorie goal, then you can eat anytime of day.

Read the stickies at the top of the nutrition forum for more info
    My story:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=160403891

Nutrition and debunked myths for noobies:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=155909423

Live above the influence & hit your macros

IG: @BadnEvil

tlrmde is on a distinguished road. (+10) tlrmde is on a distinguished road. (+10) tlrmde is on a distinguished road. (+10) tlrmde is on a distinguished road. (+10) tlrmde is on a distinguished road. (+10) tlrmde is on a distinguished road. (+10) tlrmde is on a distinguished road. (+10) tlrmde is on a distinguished road. (+10) tlrmde is on a distinguished road. (+10) tlrmde is on a distinguished road. (+10) tlrmde is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Read the nutrition stickies. EVERYTHING is explained in there. Hit daily macros = get results.
    NICK CHEADLE FITNESS

Website - www.nickcheadlefitness.com
    ******** - www.********.com/nickcheadlefitness
    Instagram - nickcheadlefitness
    Twitter - nickcheadlefit
    Email - nick@nickcheadlefitness.com

pi1ot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pi1ot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pi1ot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pi1ot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pi1ot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pi1ot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pi1ot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pi1ot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pi1ot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pi1ot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pi1ot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    IIFYM.

I eat a banana before bed and always leave about 100 calories for a snack about 1 hour prior to bed.

5'10" 190lbs now down to 158lbs .. so if eating before bed made you fat, well, I am proof otherwise

Cruz2030 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cruz2030 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cruz2030 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cruz2030 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cruz2030 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cruz2030 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cruz2030 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cruz2030 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cruz2030 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cruz2030 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cruz2030 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Meal timing and frequency don't matter. Eat 6x a day or once. Morning, night just hit your macros
    I do it because you said I can't. Because I know I can

MY CUT LOG- DIET. LIFT. DESIRE
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=145265851

MARCH 28TH ~ 234LBS
    MAY 28TH ~ 220LBS
    JULY 28TH~ ??? (GOAL 202LBS)

krete77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) krete77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) krete77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) krete77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) krete77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) krete77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) krete77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) krete77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) krete77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) krete77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) krete77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    ITT: OP is sincere about eating his carbs before bed.

My first notion is to tell you that its not a big deal to eat carbs before bed, after 6, yada-yada. And it's true; it's not a big deal. Just remember the cals in vs cals out notion and you'll understand that is what governs weight loss.

However, your avi tells me a different story; where you're already pretty lean as it is. So, yanking out carbs might be a good idea for you as far as fat loss is concerned. You could try doing a carb-up day or refeed I guess...

But then looking at your age, you mine as well start building mass now, and forget about trying to drop pounds since you have a great base to build onto. Personally, I know I wish I was as much into bodybuilding now, as I was when I was sixteen. Probably woulda kept me outta trouble to.

But back to your question; generally, No, it's not a big deal to eat carbs before bed. Just had some chocolate ice-cream myself w/oreos.
    Last edited by krete77; 05-29-2012 at 07:05 PM.
    www.grazethesky.com

Cwoyto has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Cwoyto has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Cwoyto has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Cwoyto has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Cwoyto has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Cwoyto has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Cwoyto has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Cwoyto has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Cwoyto has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Cwoyto has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Cwoyto has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Nothing wrong with it, just I can never fall asleep if I eat like < hour before bed.

ThousandEyes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ThousandEyes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ThousandEyes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ThousandEyes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ThousandEyes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ThousandEyes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ThousandEyes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ThousandEyes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ThousandEyes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ThousandEyes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ThousandEyes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    lolz I eat my biggest and most carb loaded meal right before I hit the sack...best part of my day everytime.

It's actually about 5 mins from that time right now :P

crazyman17 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) crazyman17 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) crazyman17 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) crazyman17 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) crazyman17 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) crazyman17 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) crazyman17 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) crazyman17 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) crazyman17 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) crazyman17 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) crazyman17 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    probably the biggest misconception about nutrition, in general, is that carbs make you fat and lacks of carbs make you lose weight...

eat whatever you want whenever the hell you want, just hit your macros/calories properly

lvsteven has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lvsteven has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lvsteven has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lvsteven has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lvsteven has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lvsteven has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lvsteven has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lvsteven has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lvsteven has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lvsteven has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lvsteven has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    LOL. I eat a large meal 20 minutes before bed. Every day.

Yum!

I eat fish and eggs. 80g protein and hardly carbs... Except my high carb days when I eat fat free frozen yogurt.

AWESOME.
    The Ultimate Resource on Dieting and Intermittent Fasting
    http://www.blastthebelly.com

Cohaku will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cohaku will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cohaku will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cohaku will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cohaku will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cohaku will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cohaku will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cohaku will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cohaku will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cohaku will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cohaku will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    If you have digestion issues, then yes, since it can cause regurgitation. Sleeping on your left side actually helps with this, since the esaphogus leans to a certain side and while on your left side, the chance for regurgitation is greatly reduced.

As for absorbing nutrition, absoultely not. Eat in your sleep if you want! So long as you meet your macros and caloric needs for the day.
    "Do you have an erection, man?"

"I just broke a personal record on deadlift."

"And now I have an erection."