MrMarr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MrMarr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MrMarr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MrMarr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MrMarr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MrMarr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Super sleepy the day after a workout

So I've been working out for 5 days a week for a month. Weights every other day (upper body one day, core another, legs another) and cardio inbetween.

I found I was going too hard, pushing myself really hard during the workouts and eventually my lifts were suffering, so I was overworking myself.

I then slowed down and only worked out 3 times a week, about 15mins HIIT cardio and 30-40 minutes of weight training.

But for some reason now, I get incredibly sleepy the day after a workout. Not only sleepy but when I'm getting tired my face starts to feel hot. It always happens at the same time of day, right after I get home from work.

This never happened to me when I was working out 5 days a week, but now that I'm only doing Mon-Wed-Fri , on Tuesday and Thursday I encounter this debilitating sleepyness everytime I get home from work. It's to the point that I can't stay awake, I have to just crash. It doesn't happen to me the days that I workout, but only on my rest days.

For those who will mention my diet, I'm on a somewhat paleo style diet. A lot of eggs, chicken, beef, fish, and a lot of vegetables, leafy greens and a little fruit (ie blueberries and avacados etc). I eat 4-5 times a day.

I try to get 8 hours of sleep a night but realistically I probably get around 7.

Does anyone have any theories into what might be going on? Has anyone else encountered this before?

jase_is_ace is not very well liked. (-100) jase_is_ace is not very well liked. (-100) jase_is_ace is not very well liked. (-100) jase_is_ace is not very well liked. (-100) jase_is_ace is not very well liked. (-100) jase_is_ace is not very well liked. (-100) jase_is_ace is not very well liked. (-100) jase_is_ace is not very well liked. (-100) jase_is_ace is not very well liked. (-100) jase_is_ace is not very well liked. (-100) jase_is_ace is not very well liked. (-100)
    keep cardio and weight days separate, increase ur calorie intake, take multivitamins, drink plenty of water
    Joke:
    Why couldn't the kid walkthrough the door?

Cuz he has a javelin through his head

MrMarr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MrMarr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MrMarr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MrMarr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MrMarr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MrMarr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by jase_is_ace View Post
    keep cardio and weight days separate, increase ur calorie intake, take multivitamins, drink plenty of water

I typically eat 3 whole eggs + half cup of oats for breakfast,
    chicken breast and broccoli / carrots for lunch
    good portion of chilli mid day
    a steak or peice of fish with salad for dinner
    and sometimes some cucumber / peices of hard cheese for a snack if im hungry.

I figured this was pretty good for diet... I do take multivitamins and drink a ton of water during the day, roughly a galon. I've been doing that for about 2 months now.