zenlakin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Training for Marathon

Hey everyone!!

I am looking at training and competing in my first marathon in September and was curious what you all would recommend for a supplement stack to increase my cardio endurance? It is funny, I started searching on the forums for posts about Advocare as I have a family member that has recently taken up running and was trying to pitch the stuff to me and then I saw all of the posts saying it is garbage so I wanted to ask what would be your recommendation? I believe he said that he was taking the O2 Gold from Advocare in addition to some other stuff as he was going on about how the pills he was taking optimized the levels of oxygen or something. Anyway, I came here as I thought I would post my question to the experts. I am sure you guys can help.

No suggestions?

How about Beta-Alanine and Creatine?

DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    YOu dont need any of that crap. Just train smart and consistent.

VagarH has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) VagarH has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) VagarH has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) VagarH has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) VagarH has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) VagarH has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) VagarH has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) VagarH has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) VagarH has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) VagarH has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) VagarH has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by DCSpartan View Post
    YOu dont need any of that crap. Just train smart and consistent.
    Completely agree. No supplements (save maybe some caffeine) needed.

Yuiono has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    For long distance training, you need CARBOS and WATER.

That's all. Keep your carb's levels moderate, so you always have fuel for running.

You may use Carbo gels during your routines, so you don't need to stop running to get them.

Resident Pedal Masher robbie_vlad's Avatar
    robbie_vlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) robbie_vlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) robbie_vlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) robbie_vlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) robbie_vlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) robbie_vlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) robbie_vlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) robbie_vlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) robbie_vlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) robbie_vlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) robbie_vlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Forget the pills/supplements (save fish oil/multi/whey as preferred/needed) and focus on getting your running form down, your nutrition set (in-race nutrition especially) and a lot of miles behind you. Keep lifting heavy/low volume to help conserve muscle/skeletal mass and get adequate rest. Find your running starting point (a reasonably easy amount of hours for you to run per week with adequate rest for optimal performance) and bring yourself up to running longer distances each week (keep increases to 10-20% more time/week). You can easily find a free marathon training guide on the internet, just keep lifting while you do.
    Is breá liom mo eagla.