thejdeck will become famous soon enough. (+50) thejdeck will become famous soon enough. (+50) thejdeck will become famous soon enough. (+50) thejdeck will become famous soon enough. (+50) thejdeck will become famous soon enough. (+50) thejdeck will become famous soon enough. (+50) thejdeck will become famous soon enough. (+50) thejdeck will become famous soon enough. (+50) thejdeck will become famous soon enough. (+50) thejdeck will become famous soon enough. (+50) thejdeck will become famous soon enough. (+50)

My new platform plus another tough workout

First off I just want to say I am blessed to have great friends and connections where I was given all the material I need to build a platform. This is honestly a dream come true to have the equipment readily available to me, so I can lift at my convenience. Although I am working fulltime during the summer, I am still getting some great training in and here is another video if anyone wants to check it out. I also included a template of my workout in the description for anyone who is interested. Thanks!

codordoa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) codordoa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) codordoa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) codordoa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) codordoa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) codordoa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) codordoa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) codordoa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) codordoa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) codordoa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) codordoa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'm officially jelly as all ****... your platform is awesome too man. As soon as I have the space to spare I'm going to put up my own lifting platform as well.

Reidy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Reidy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Reidy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Reidy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Reidy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Reidy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Reidy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Reidy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Reidy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Reidy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Reidy will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Insane setup, nice lifting too.

I live in an apartment and never really thought I'd want to have a house (figured I'd prefer condo living), but now that I've gotten into O-lifting I have a dream to build my own home gym. Either that, or really far reaching -- get a 1,500 square foot warehouse somewhere and open my own gym. Call it "Crossfit" so I can charge people stupid amounts of money, don't ever do any Crossfit WODs, and just load the ****er up with sick platforms, bumpers, racks, prowlers/sleds, etc.

Would be insane.

wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000)
    saw this on youtube this morning and commented (username wcutrumpat), awesome setup man! i'm considering doing something similar in the fall when i move to OK to get my PhD. i'm really jewing it up though because of the price of decent bumpers and bars lol...
    "The weak-minded would shrink away from what must be done for fear of being ridiculed by the wicked" - Terry Goodkind

"Be the change you wish to see in the world"...-Ghandi

Prep Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=158667243

feces99 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) feces99 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) feces99 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) feces99 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) feces99 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) feces99 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) feces99 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) feces99 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) feces99 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) feces99 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) feces99 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by wrkoutfrq View Post
    saw this on youtube this morning and commented (username wcutrumpat), awesome setup man! i'm considering doing something similar in the fall when i move to OK to get my PhD. i'm really jewing it up though because of the price of decent bumpers and bars lol...
    chill with those Semite comments. i know its the internet, but lets keep things semi-classy here.
    Gym lifts (PB): C&J: 132.5k, Snatch: 107.5k (p)Jerk: 138k, Clean: 137k Front Squat: 153
    Deadlift: 455, Squat: 380(oly) 360 (pl), Bench: 245, CPUs: 9001
    Comp Total: 237k

runtocatch is a name known to all. (+5000) runtocatch is a name known to all. (+5000) runtocatch is a name known to all. (+5000) runtocatch is a name known to all. (+5000) runtocatch is a name known to all. (+5000) runtocatch is a name known to all. (+5000) runtocatch is a name known to all. (+5000) runtocatch is a name known to all. (+5000) runtocatch is a name known to all. (+5000) runtocatch is a name known to all. (+5000) runtocatch is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I am only bout 2:20 into the video but I got a question and please dont think for a minute I'm questioning your methods at all cuz I am not in any way. What is the reason you do them heavy snatch type pulls before you actually snatch? Once again not questioning at all your methods just want to seriously know the answer. To me it would be exactly the opposite way I would personally design it but that dont mean ****.

wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by feces99 View Post
    chill with those Semite comments. i know its the internet, but lets keep things semi-classy here.
    lol apologies, i've got nothing against them, just a common expression used where i'm from (even among the jewish community)
    "The weak-minded would shrink away from what must be done for fear of being ridiculed by the wicked" - Terry Goodkind

thejdeck will become famous soon enough. (+50) thejdeck will become famous soon enough. (+50) thejdeck will become famous soon enough. (+50) thejdeck will become famous soon enough. (+50) thejdeck will become famous soon enough. (+50) thejdeck will become famous soon enough. (+50) thejdeck will become famous soon enough. (+50) thejdeck will become famous soon enough. (+50) thejdeck will become famous soon enough. (+50) thejdeck will become famous soon enough. (+50) thejdeck will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by runtocatch View Post
    I am only bout 2:20 into the video but I got a question and please dont think for a minute I'm questioning your methods at all cuz I am not in any way. What is the reason you do them heavy snatch type pulls before you actually snatch? Once again not questioning at all your methods just want to seriously know the answer. To me it would be exactly the opposite way I would personally design it but that dont mean ****.
    I follow a Chinese program and it is never like this. It is almost always a snatch movement (full, power, or muscle) followed by a clean. I think it may end up like this once every couple months with the workout starting with 100% snatch deadlift. I was also just doing the pulls to a max to warm up for thr deadlift because I wanted too lol

ugjennomtrengelig mørke fraverdenstreet's Avatar
    fraverdenstreet is just really nice. (+1000) fraverdenstreet is just really nice. (+1000) fraverdenstreet is just really nice. (+1000) fraverdenstreet is just really nice. (+1000) fraverdenstreet is just really nice. (+1000) fraverdenstreet is just really nice. (+1000) fraverdenstreet is just really nice. (+1000) fraverdenstreet is just really nice. (+1000) fraverdenstreet is just really nice. (+1000) fraverdenstreet is just really nice. (+1000) fraverdenstreet is just really nice. (+1000)
    the way you snatch pull up to and including 150 , you should be snatching that no prob honestly. thats how slow my snatches are coming up and thats how high my bar goes when i do it. very strong. i wouldnt be able to budge 160 off the ground if i tried to snatch pull it
    Competition lifts @ 94kgs: 130/161

http://www.youtube.com/user/g3waltiger

fordømt ... for alltid. tenker på det. prøve å forestille slutten av evigheten. lukk øynene. Lukk øynene og prøv å forestille seg. for alltid. smerte. for alltid.

BTBAM is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BTBAM is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BTBAM is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BTBAM is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BTBAM is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BTBAM is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BTBAM is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BTBAM is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BTBAM is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BTBAM is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BTBAM is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by thejdeck View Post
    I follow a Chinese program and it is never like this. It is almost always a snatch movement (full, power, or muscle) followed by a clean. I think it may end up like this once every couple months with the workout starting with 100% snatch deadlift. I was also just doing the pulls to a max to warm up for thr deadlift because I wanted too lol
    care to elaborate on your Chinese program at all? Nice lifting btw, strong!
    Subscribe to The Strength Project :
    http://www.youtube.com/user/olbaid420?feature=mhee

Read the blog:
    http://thegoodmoodfooddude.blogspot.com/

Ask me anything about nutrition:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=162775831

runtocatch is a name known to all. (+5000) runtocatch is a name known to all. (+5000) runtocatch is a name known to all. (+5000) runtocatch is a name known to all. (+5000) runtocatch is a name known to all. (+5000) runtocatch is a name known to all. (+5000) runtocatch is a name known to all. (+5000) runtocatch is a name known to all. (+5000) runtocatch is a name known to all. (+5000) runtocatch is a name known to all. (+5000) runtocatch is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I had a feeling this was going to be your exact answer but I just had to ask. Thanks for answering bro. I also like the idea of doing that once in awhile too. I think it can be very beneficial to try and do something heavy after hitting some volume or some rep type heavy chit. Not very often but maybe once ever month or so like you said.

ClaretDom is on a distinguished road. (+10) ClaretDom is on a distinguished road. (+10) ClaretDom is on a distinguished road. (+10) ClaretDom is on a distinguished road. (+10) ClaretDom is on a distinguished road. (+10) ClaretDom is on a distinguished road. (+10) ClaretDom is on a distinguished road. (+10) ClaretDom is on a distinguished road. (+10) ClaretDom is on a distinguished road. (+10) ClaretDom is on a distinguished road. (+10) ClaretDom is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by wrkoutfrq View Post
    i'm really jewing it up though because of the price of decent bumpers and bars lol...
    Made me LOL!

Nice setup geez. Thought you would have had the music louder.
    It's realism not pessimism

Originally Posted by BTBAM View Post
    care to elaborate on your Chinese program at all? Nice lifting btw, strong!
    I am no expert on Chinese periodization, but I will share some knowledge with you. The male chinese lifters go 2 weeks heavy followed by a light week (>70%). I believe that different gyms in China may have different periodization schemes such as 14 days on ~4 off (they have it all individualized and based on research, blood testing, etc.) The female Chinese lifters generally follow three weeks heavy and one week light (females do more volume and lower intensities and the week off correlates with their menstrual cycle). The programs that I follow are created by the new coach at LindenWood, Jianping Ma, and I had the privelage to recieve some coaching from him while he was at the University of Northern Iowa.
    The heavy weeks usually look like this:
    Mon. 85% - 90%
    Tue. 80% - 85%;
    Wed. 85% - 90%;
    Thu. 80% - 85%,
    Fri. 85% - 95%;
    Sat. 85%

If anyone is interested in some of the programs feel free to comment with your email or private message me and I have no problem with sharing some with you.

Originally Posted by fraverdenstreet View Post
    the way you snatch pull up to and including 150 , you should be snatching that no prob honestly. thats how slow my snatches are coming up and thats how high my bar goes when i do it. very strong. i wouldnt be able to budge 160 off the ground if i tried to snatch pull it
    Its funny, but the most ive snatched was 125 which was around 3-4 months ago. I can hit 120 easy and consistently, but my shoulders collapse under heavier weights like 125. I was thinking that snatch grip behind the neck push press and press should help, but do you have any other tips? This may also go along with my jerk being terrible (my weak shoulders). Overall, I am sure I can pull my self under those heavy weights, I just need stronger shoulders first so that I don't get injured. Once again, any tips on strengthening my shoulders will be greatly appreciated.

WHT_LIGHTNING is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WHT_LIGHTNING is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WHT_LIGHTNING is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WHT_LIGHTNING is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WHT_LIGHTNING is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WHT_LIGHTNING is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WHT_LIGHTNING is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WHT_LIGHTNING is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WHT_LIGHTNING is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WHT_LIGHTNING is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WHT_LIGHTNING is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Nice bro

What all did you use to make the platform out of? I might try to make something like that, since I don't want to make something permanent since I will be moving sometime in the nearish future

I have stall mats, so I am talking about the wood
    Bryan

Captain of the Comeback Train

Comeback Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=159651791

YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/STRONGMANbarry/videos

BTBAM is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BTBAM is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BTBAM is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BTBAM is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BTBAM is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BTBAM is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BTBAM is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BTBAM is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BTBAM is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BTBAM is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BTBAM is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Its funny, but the most ive snatched was 125 which was around 3-4 months ago. I can hit 120 easy and consistently, but my shoulders collapse under heavier weights like 125. I was thinking that snatch grip behind the neck push press and press should help, but do you have any other tips? This may also go along with my jerk being terrible (my weak shoulders). Overall, I am sure I can pull my self under those heavy weights, I just need stronger shoulders first so that I don't get injured. Once again, any tips on strengthening my shoulders will be greatly appreciated.
    what helped me a lot with this, as I was having the same problem (being able to pull a lot but not be able to catch and stabilize):
    Snatch grip press behind neck in squat
    Snatch thrusters
    Snatch thruster into overhead squat
    Snatch balances
    And plain snatch push press/ press bth

Also, feel free to send me an email about those programs I'd love to take a look! Solutionzero212@hotmail.com

Read the blog:

ditto on the email list: wcutrumpat@yahoo.com

thanks!

Originally Posted by WHT_LIGHTNING View Post
    Nice bro

What all did you use to make the platform out of? I might try to make something like that, since I don't want to make something permanent since I will be moving sometime in the nearish future

I have stall mats, so I am talking about the wood
    Just two 4x8 sheets of plywood for the base, another 4x8 sheet for the platform and two mats for the sides (10 minute job)

Originally Posted by BTBAM View Post
    what helped me a lot with this, as I was having the same problem (being able to pull a lot but not be able to catch and stabilize):
    Snatch grip press behind neck in squat
    Snatch thrusters
    Snatch thruster into overhead squat
    Snatch balances
    And plain snatch push press/ press bth

Also, feel free to send me an email about those programs I'd love to take a look! Solutionzero212@hotmail.com
    Thanks for the info..just curious how would your program these into your workout? One every day or just three or four a week?

scarboro is a name known to all. (+5000) scarboro is a name known to all. (+5000) scarboro is a name known to all. (+5000) scarboro is a name known to all. (+5000) scarboro is a name known to all. (+5000) scarboro is a name known to all. (+5000) scarboro is a name known to all. (+5000) scarboro is a name known to all. (+5000) scarboro is a name known to all. (+5000) scarboro is a name known to all. (+5000) scarboro is a name known to all. (+5000)
    That 130 might have been a powersnatch lol.
    Misc Strength Crew

Just two 4x8 sheets of plywood for the base, another 4x8 sheet for the platform and two mats for the sides (10 minute job)

Thanks for the info..just curious how would your program these into your workout? One every day or just three or four a week?
    I'd warmup with the presses behind neck in squat maybe once or twice a week on snatch days, and the push presses on power snat h days, and snatch balances on heavy snatch days. 3-4 times a week, sometimes changing it up with mpre/less volume and exercise selection depending on how I feel and what I think I would benefit most from

Read the blog:

schabowy90 is a name known to all. (+5000) schabowy90 is a name known to all. (+5000) schabowy90 is a name known to all. (+5000) schabowy90 is a name known to all. (+5000) schabowy90 is a name known to all. (+5000) schabowy90 is a name known to all. (+5000) schabowy90 is a name known to all. (+5000) schabowy90 is a name known to all. (+5000) schabowy90 is a name known to all. (+5000) schabowy90 is a name known to all. (+5000) schabowy90 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Strong ****in pulls.

In on mail list.

Adamkosna@yahoo.com
    Snatch: 122
    CJ: 142

Log: http://adamkosna.blogspot.com/