ArturoCG has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ArturoCG has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ArturoCG has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ArturoCG has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ArturoCG has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ArturoCG has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ArturoCG has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ArturoCG has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ArturoCG has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ArturoCG has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ArturoCG has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Problem with the second pull

Hi all!

I've been Oly-lifting during 4 week with my coach. He has teached me the snatch and C&J. I have "strong" (relative) legs and I think a weak back.

During my snatches and cleans i enter down the bar with great speed, i can take without problems on a low height stance. The problem its that, i dont give enough height to the bar. I dont know how to make my second pull harder.

When i past the knees i start acelerating the bar but when i "trow" it, i can only do that with 35kg on snatch because of this. I lack of strenght on my upperback.

I'll use Tuesday and Saturday for 2 Strenght building days, what should i do there for improving my second pull?

Ty

erick15 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) erick15 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) erick15 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) erick15 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) erick15 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) erick15 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) erick15 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) erick15 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) erick15 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) erick15 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) erick15 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    More Snatch/clean pulls maybe. But not being able to pull more than 35kgs on snatch is really weak unless you are completely new to lifting.
    ✄✄ MFC Arts and Crafts Director ✄✄

bull.dogz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bull.dogz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bull.dogz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bull.dogz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bull.dogz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bull.dogz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bull.dogz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bull.dogz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bull.dogz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bull.dogz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bull.dogz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Can you post a video?
    CONTROLLED LABS - Winning the WAR against GENETICS
    Email: Laurie@controlledlabs.com

Disclaimer : The above post is my own PERSONAL OPINION and DOES NOT REPRESENT the official position of any company or entity. It DOES NOT constitute medical advice.

chigiskov will become famous soon enough. (+50) chigiskov will become famous soon enough. (+50) chigiskov will become famous soon enough. (+50) chigiskov will become famous soon enough. (+50) chigiskov will become famous soon enough. (+50) chigiskov will become famous soon enough. (+50) chigiskov will become famous soon enough. (+50) chigiskov will become famous soon enough. (+50) chigiskov will become famous soon enough. (+50) chigiskov will become famous soon enough. (+50) chigiskov will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    If you have a coach, then i'm sure he can fix it for you.

ArturoCG has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ArturoCG has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ArturoCG has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ArturoCG has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ArturoCG has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ArturoCG has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ArturoCG has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ArturoCG has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ArturoCG has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ArturoCG has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ArturoCG has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    My coach say (on Spanish): Come on! GTFO and pull that more than a half times!!!!!!

Yes, Im pretty new. Ill try another time this Friday, i suppose then the previous 12 sets at 3-5 reps killed me to can perfom that, but i feel really weak when the bar its in front of my chest or face, couldnt get that to overhead

Ill try to post a video on Friday

ChrisJones999 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChrisJones999 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChrisJones999 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChrisJones999 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChrisJones999 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChrisJones999 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChrisJones999 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChrisJones999 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChrisJones999 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChrisJones999 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChrisJones999 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    By the time that bar reaches your face you should be on you way down into a squat.

Get use to using your hips to throw that bar up hang snatches and box snatch work has helped me with this

Ty bro's . Will do some high hang snatches and snatch pulling. Lets see if this Friday i can bet that 40kg bar and i will try to film that :P

My coach have phoned me and said that for improving that would be fine too to do this (well, spanish traduction lol): non-squat knees snatch. Starting out from knees with light weight, trying to perform a snatch without geting down the bar, just hard pulling with hips and traps, very close to my body until i get that overhead. Have you performed that anytime?

Sendug is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sendug is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sendug is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sendug is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sendug is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sendug is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sendug is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sendug is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sendug is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sendug is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sendug is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by ArturoCG View Post
    My coach have phoned me and said that for improving that would be fine too to do this (well, spanish traduction lol): non-squat knees snatch. Starting out from knees with light weight, trying to perform a snatch without geting down the bar, just hard pulling with hips and traps, very close to my body until i get that overhead. Have you performed that anytime?
    Sounds like a hang power snatch to me.
    http://www.half-the-man.com - My new blog dedicated to my experiences with weight loss. Helpful hints, tips and articles that may facilitate your fat loss.

30 Stone(420 pounds) -> 14.5 stone(203 pounds) in 3 years. Come at me bro!

☆☆☆υк ¢яєω☆☆☆
    ₪ ₪ ₪TRUE MI$CER₪ ₪ ₪
    [A]lpha [B]eard [C]rew

Originally Posted by Sendug View Post
    Sounds like a hang power snatch to me.
    Thought the same, but seems to do 0 knees bend at capture. Ill do hang power snatch until he demostrate me that lift + some high pulls

Ty for help :P

wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000)
    i had a bit of a hard time understanding your initial post, but after going over it a few times it seems to me you have a weak extension.... the hang power snatch would def help, but also try some HEAVY hang snatch pulls. really focus on the hip drive at the end. i would even try maybe a style pull that you see the chinese have the tendency to do, with multiple "extensions" per pull... i've been doing something like that and mine has gotten much better
    "The weak-minded would shrink away from what must be done for fear of being ridiculed by the wicked" - Terry Goodkind

"Be the change you wish to see in the world"...-Ghandi

Prep Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=158667243

Originally Posted by wrkoutfrq View Post
    i had a bit of a hard time understanding your initial post, but after going over it a few times it seems to me you have a weak extension.... the hang power snatch would def help, but also try some HEAVY hang snatch pulls. really focus on the hip drive at the end. i would even try maybe a style pull that you see the chinese have the tendency to do, with multiple "extensions" per pull... i've been doing something like that and mine has gotten much better
    Ok, i'll try it Do you have any video with that extension? i'll search on youtube.

Sorry for my English, im not native :$. But will try and discuss with my coach :P

olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Sounds to me like muscle snatch, with 0 knee bend!! This teaches you to finish pulling after bumping the hips.
    Training log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=168969133

Originally Posted by olyw8lifter View Post
    Sounds to me like muscle snatch, with 0 knee bend!! This teaches you to finish pulling after bumping the hips.
    We always do muscle snatch and snatch sitting on a bench at the end of warm up. I will ask him.

Today I had to train alone on my university gym. I have done some "heavy" snatch pull (40, 45 and 47 kg) and (as "learning on your onw Phase1" topic says) Hip Snatch, power version. I needed to hip drive harder and "felt" the explosion, not just getting down the bar

wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by ArturoCG View Post
    Ok, i'll try it Do you have any video with that extension? i'll search on youtube.

Sorry for my English, im not native :$. But will try and discuss with my coach :P
    no worries, i got the general message

there's a bunch of chinese style pulls in this vid

"The weak-minded would shrink away from what must be done for fear of being ridiculed by the wicked" - Terry Goodkind

"Be the change you wish to see in the world"...-Ghandi

Prep Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=158667243