Detrus is just really nice. (+1000) Detrus is just really nice. (+1000) Detrus is just really nice. (+1000) Detrus is just really nice. (+1000) Detrus is just really nice. (+1000) Detrus is just really nice. (+1000) Detrus is just really nice. (+1000) Detrus is just really nice. (+1000) Detrus is just really nice. (+1000) Detrus is just really nice. (+1000) Detrus is just really nice. (+1000)

Rogue Fat/Skinny Pullup Bar

Rogue has these pullup bars roguefitness.com/spx-standard-cross-members.php with a thick bar and a thinner bar a few inches below it.

Seems like it would be uncomfortable to use as one of the bars would get in the way. Do you have to flip the bars to switch from one to the other comfortably? Always use the lower bar?

All the Rogue videos I've seen show the person using the lowest bar. How does it work in practice?

IronAddict7 is just really nice. (+1000) IronAddict7 is just really nice. (+1000) IronAddict7 is just really nice. (+1000) IronAddict7 is just really nice. (+1000) IronAddict7 is just really nice. (+1000) IronAddict7 is just really nice. (+1000) IronAddict7 is just really nice. (+1000) IronAddict7 is just really nice. (+1000) IronAddict7 is just really nice. (+1000) IronAddict7 is just really nice. (+1000) IronAddict7 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Detrus View Post
    Rogue has these pullup bars roguefitness.com/spx-standard-cross-members.php with a thick bar and a thinner bar a few inches below it.

Seems like it would be uncomfortable to use as one of the bars would get in the way. Do you have to flip the bars to switch from one to the other comfortably? Always use the lower bar?

All the Rogue videos I've seen show the person using the lowest bar. How does it work in practice?
    Well it depends on what rack you have. With my R3, I have the Fat/Skinny Crossmember attached to the top since that's the only crossmember I have but you can move it to the top on most of their equipment so both bars are the same level. Unless you have the Monkey Crossmember, it shouldn't be an issue as to where it's placed. If you place it in the back of the rack so one bar is lower, you'll just have to choose which bar.
    "Those who make excuses for failing were never going to succeed in the first place." - Unknown

“Every time you stay out late; every time you sleep in; every time you miss a workout; every time you don’t give 100% – You make it that much easier for me to beat you.” - Unknown

Detrus is just really nice. (+1000) Detrus is just really nice. (+1000) Detrus is just really nice. (+1000) Detrus is just really nice. (+1000) Detrus is just really nice. (+1000) Detrus is just really nice. (+1000) Detrus is just really nice. (+1000) Detrus is just really nice. (+1000) Detrus is just really nice. (+1000) Detrus is just really nice. (+1000) Detrus is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by IronAddict7 View Post
    Well it depends on what rack you have. With my R3, I have the Fat/Skinny Crossmember attached to the top since that's the only crossmember I have but you can move it to the top on most of their equipment so both bars are the same level. Unless you have the Monkey Crossmember, it shouldn't be an issue as to where it's placed. If you place it in the back of the rack so one bar is lower, you'll just have to choose which bar.
    Thanks, that's what I thought. I want it with S-2 stands. I guess it's still better than a single bar at the same price.

Oh and it's possible to do a setup where the permanent bolt is in the middle hole and pins hold it still in the lower hole so you can switch between thicknesses rapidly.

Porphyry has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Porphyry has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Porphyry has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Porphyry has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Porphyry has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Porphyry has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Porphyry has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Porphyry has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Porphyry has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Porphyry has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Porphyry has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Detrus View Post

In practice I think it would be hard to use the top bar, but I've never done it.

For the R3/R4 racks it's not necessary to flip the X-43 - they come with another thin bar (X-431) so it makes more sense to mount the X43 with the fat bar lower (at the back as they show it on their site) if you intend to use it. You could mount it sideways along the top railing like Ironaddict says but that would reduce lateral stability in the verticals which I suspect is the real reason they include it rather than the Single Fat bar (X-432) i.e. it's a substitute for the K-Brace other manufacturers use.

For the S-2 you could mount it on the middle bolt and use a pop pin to stabilise it as you suggest but it might be a bit wobbly if you leave the bolts loose enough to pivot. You might be able to get away using the barbell on the j hooks as the thin option?

Let us know how it goes.