JKub will become famous soon enough. (+50) JKub will become famous soon enough. (+50) JKub will become famous soon enough. (+50) JKub will become famous soon enough. (+50) JKub will become famous soon enough. (+50) JKub will become famous soon enough. (+50) JKub will become famous soon enough. (+50) JKub will become famous soon enough. (+50) JKub will become famous soon enough. (+50) JKub will become famous soon enough. (+50) JKub will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Snatch form check

Started incorporating snatches in my workout just last week after about a month of doing it with a broomstick every day in my flat, could do with some feedback.
    First half is more of power snatching, second half I try to drop as low as possible.

Thanks guys.

jagboy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jagboy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jagboy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jagboy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jagboy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jagboy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jagboy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jagboy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jagboy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jagboy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jagboy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    1) get oly shoes
    2) you're not making contact with the bar at the hips, watch that jon north video, which will more than likely get posted in this thread.

Doing hang snatches always helps me get into the snatching motion

edit: just posted it myself

118 Sn|150 C&J
    *Dallas Mavericks Crew*
    *Dallas Cowboys Crew*
    *Baltimore Ravens Crew*

JKub will become famous soon enough. (+50) JKub will become famous soon enough. (+50) JKub will become famous soon enough. (+50) JKub will become famous soon enough. (+50) JKub will become famous soon enough. (+50) JKub will become famous soon enough. (+50) JKub will become famous soon enough. (+50) JKub will become famous soon enough. (+50) JKub will become famous soon enough. (+50) JKub will become famous soon enough. (+50) JKub will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Oh shoot, I thought I was doing it wrong when I was hitting it with my hips, for I was getting a really bruised pelvis and the bar shot off over my head, beyond my back and landed on my ass. I guess I gotta work at it more. Thanks for the vid!

jagboy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jagboy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jagboy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jagboy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jagboy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jagboy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jagboy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jagboy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jagboy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jagboy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jagboy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by JKub View Post
    Oh shoot, I thought I was doing it wrong when I was hitting it with my hips, for I was getting a really bruised pelvis and the bar shot off over my head, beyond my back and landed on my ass. I guess I gotta work at it more. Thanks for the vid!
    I used to think that as well, lol.

Then you were bouncing the bar in an arc away from yourself when you made contact. When you exert force from your hips on the bar, you should be making a conscious effort to exert force in an upward motion and keep the bar close to you while pulling yourself under it, not "looping it." some one correct me if im explaining this wrong.

video below
    Last edited by jagboy; 05-21-2012 at 12:44 AM.
    118 Sn|150 C&J
    *Dallas Mavericks Crew*
    *Dallas Cowboys Crew*
    *Baltimore Ravens Crew*

wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by jagboy View Post
    I used to think that as well, lol.

Then you were bouncing the bar in an arc away from yourself when you made contact. When you exert force from your hips on the bar, you should be making a conscious effort to exert force in an upward motion and keep the bar close to you while pulling yourself under it, not "looping it." some one correct me if im explaining this wrong.

[youtube]9G8XdrBqgIM[youtube]

video below
    [youtube]gjkK_eSIs2g[youtube]
    you got it... i'm kind of on the fence about Jon North's hit and catch drill because bumping the bar out and away like he teaches in it almost misleads people into having a looping bar path. thats why i like the chinese version of the high pulls and regular pulls is that they focus on a more vertical bar path

ex: clean pull by Jhang Jie

"The weak-minded would shrink away from what must be done for fear of being ridiculed by the wicked" - Terry Goodkind

"Be the change you wish to see in the world"...-Ghandi

Prep Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=158667243

chigiskov will become famous soon enough. (+50) chigiskov will become famous soon enough. (+50) chigiskov will become famous soon enough. (+50) chigiskov will become famous soon enough. (+50) chigiskov will become famous soon enough. (+50) chigiskov will become famous soon enough. (+50) chigiskov will become famous soon enough. (+50) chigiskov will become famous soon enough. (+50) chigiskov will become famous soon enough. (+50) chigiskov will become famous soon enough. (+50) chigiskov will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    yea no offense to jon north but that drill seems...bad for lack of a better word, for beginners. definitely gonna lead to some bruising and looping.

there's obviously contact, and it is probably the most important aspect to get right, but he sorta makes it look like the goal is to hump the bar. besides anyone can loop an empty bar and put it into place and balance overhead, but try to put 60 kg on and its gonna be bad. To an untrained eye, and i'm surprised he doesn't say even in that first video, it looks like he doesn't even need to keep the bar close but rather that his hips will move out to meet the bar when it should be the other way around.

edit just so it doesn't look like i have nothing to contribute: personally i think snatch from hip is more efficient for beginners, i think zygmunt uses this on a lot of beginners as well as snatch without feet. Really find where the bar gets snug into your hip and practice using that to get under. I think you feel better how the hips move the bar that way, rather that consciously hitting it.
    Last edited by chigiskov; 05-21-2012 at 05:08 AM.

Thanks guys.

From what I understand then, it's not really a pelvic thrust, but rather an upward thrust coming from somewhere around the area of upper thighs? Am I gonna have to tuck my pen fifteen in between my legs for this?

tfk44 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tfk44 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tfk44 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tfk44 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tfk44 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tfk44 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tfk44 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tfk44 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tfk44 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tfk44 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tfk44 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    You want to keep the bar closer to your body and not so far out in front. If you can find a magic bar or some school-age plates, that will make your starting position more normal. Right now both you and the bar are starting way too low and it's affecting your mechanics.

I don't like the "hit and catch" concept myself as I feel it gives beginners the impression that force is generated in the high pull by banging the bar into yourself, which is not the point. The "hit" portion is supposed to get you to fully bring your hips forward. Personally I think that's better accomplished by emphasizing standing straight up on the high pull, as that avoids the banging and looping, but whatever works for you.

Try doing some high pulls for practice OP. Remember to keep the arms loose and use bringing your hips forward to drive the bar up.

feces99 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) feces99 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) feces99 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) feces99 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) feces99 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) feces99 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) feces99 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) feces99 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) feces99 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) feces99 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) feces99 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by JKub View Post
    Thanks guys.

From what I understand then, it's not really a pelvic thrust, but rather an upward thrust coming from somewhere around the area of upper thighs? Am I gonna have to tuck my pen fifteen in between my legs for this?
    Others might say otherwise, but i just describe it as driving the chest up and i guess giving a slight "pop" with your hips at the top. You don't really wanna hump the weight or else you'll hit your dangus and kick the bar forward.
    Gym lifts (PB): C&J: 132.5k, Snatch: 107.5k (p)Jerk: 138k, Clean: 137k Front Squat: 153
    Deadlift: 455, Squat: 380(oly) 360 (pl), Bench: 245, CPUs: 9001
    Comp Total: 237k

Excellent. Thanks a bunch, gives me a lot to work with.

unlocking asian genetics DaTruth1's Avatar
    DaTruth1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DaTruth1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DaTruth1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DaTruth1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DaTruth1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DaTruth1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DaTruth1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DaTruth1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DaTruth1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DaTruth1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DaTruth1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    112.5 snatch
    131 cj

Log: http://www.pendlayforum.com/showthread.php?t=15188

ugjennomtrengelig mørke fraverdenstreet's Avatar
    fraverdenstreet is just really nice. (+1000) fraverdenstreet is just really nice. (+1000) fraverdenstreet is just really nice. (+1000) fraverdenstreet is just really nice. (+1000) fraverdenstreet is just really nice. (+1000) fraverdenstreet is just really nice. (+1000) fraverdenstreet is just really nice. (+1000) fraverdenstreet is just really nice. (+1000) fraverdenstreet is just really nice. (+1000) fraverdenstreet is just really nice. (+1000) fraverdenstreet is just really nice. (+1000)
    just try to stand up really hard, that's all i think about
    Competition lifts @ 94kgs: 130/161

http://www.youtube.com/user/g3waltiger

fordømt ... for alltid. tenker på det. prøve å forestille slutten av evigheten. lukk øynene. Lukk øynene og prøv å forestille seg. for alltid. smerte. for alltid.

CoffeesGymGA will become famous soon enough. (+50) CoffeesGymGA will become famous soon enough. (+50) CoffeesGymGA will become famous soon enough. (+50) CoffeesGymGA will become famous soon enough. (+50) CoffeesGymGA will become famous soon enough. (+50) CoffeesGymGA will become famous soon enough. (+50) CoffeesGymGA will become famous soon enough. (+50) CoffeesGymGA will become famous soon enough. (+50) CoffeesGymGA will become famous soon enough. (+50) CoffeesGymGA will become famous soon enough. (+50) CoffeesGymGA will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    It's a brush at the hips, not a bounce. Think about the bar brushing your hips.
    Coffee's Gym: www.coffeesgym.org
    Check out our YouTube Channel!: www.youtube.com/CoffeesGymMarietta