thejdeck will become famous soon enough. (+50) thejdeck will become famous soon enough. (+50) thejdeck will become famous soon enough. (+50) thejdeck will become famous soon enough. (+50) thejdeck will become famous soon enough. (+50) thejdeck will become famous soon enough. (+50) thejdeck will become famous soon enough. (+50) thejdeck will become famous soon enough. (+50) thejdeck will become famous soon enough. (+50) thejdeck will become famous soon enough. (+50) thejdeck will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Help me fix my jerk (video included)

So my jerk is the reason that I suck at weight lifting. I recorded these today, but keep in mind that this was at the end of a very heavy week with a lot of pressing and jerking. My mechanics really break down on all of my jerks, so hopefully this will help you guys notice all my weak points. I am looking for advice on cues, technique, programming, drills, and anything else that can possibly fix my jerk. Thanks a lot

JagEX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JagEX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JagEX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JagEX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JagEX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JagEX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JagEX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JagEX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JagEX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JagEX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JagEX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    You elbows don't seem to lock out. looks like you're pushing the bar up but you don't have much control over it. Does that not hurt your bicep?

feces99 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) feces99 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) feces99 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) feces99 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) feces99 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) feces99 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) feces99 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) feces99 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) feces99 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) feces99 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) feces99 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by thejdeck View Post
    So my jerk is the reason that I suck at weight lifting. I recorded these today, but keep in mind that this was at the end of a very heavy week with a lot of pressing and jerking. My mechanics really break down on all of my jerks, so hopefully this will help you guys notice all my weak points. I am looking for advice on cues, technique, programming, drills, and anything else that can possibly fix my jerk. Thanks a lot

everything about your jerk is making you go forward. your throwing your head up, back, then forward which makes your chest forward of your hips. And your front foot is landing first.
    Your lock isn't too great either. Do some partial presses and stretch your bicep tendons.

Watch him jerk, his head doesn't go forward, it just moves back to a neutral spot. The bar is right behind his ears, not behind his head. He pushes his front heel forward and splits straight down. His head, chest, and hips are in a straight line.
    Last edited by feces99; 05-20-2012 at 12:16 PM.
    Gym lifts (PB): C&J: 132.5k, Snatch: 107.5k (p)Jerk: 138k, Clean: 137k Front Squat: 153
    Deadlift: 455, Squat: 380(oly) 360 (pl), Bench: 245, CPUs: 9001
    Comp Total: 237k

unlocking asian genetics DaTruth1's Avatar
    DaTruth1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DaTruth1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DaTruth1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DaTruth1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DaTruth1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DaTruth1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DaTruth1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DaTruth1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DaTruth1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DaTruth1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DaTruth1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Push UNDER the bar, and shuffle your feet out fast. I was told to keep my feet as low down and close to the platform as possible when splitting. Just explode with your arms and push under the bar until your arms are locked out. REALLY forcefully lock them out. It looks like your shoulders are a bit internally rotated, see if purposefully EXTERNALLY rotating your shoulder helps with the lockout.
    112.5 snatch
    131 cj

Log: http://www.pendlayforum.com/showthread.php?t=15188

Greco-Roman is just really nice. (+1000) Greco-Roman is just really nice. (+1000) Greco-Roman is just really nice. (+1000) Greco-Roman is just really nice. (+1000) Greco-Roman is just really nice. (+1000) Greco-Roman is just really nice. (+1000) Greco-Roman is just really nice. (+1000) Greco-Roman is just really nice. (+1000) Greco-Roman is just really nice. (+1000) Greco-Roman is just really nice. (+1000) Greco-Roman is just really nice. (+1000)
    I'm not that good myself, so take my advice in that context, but this is what I notice:

It seems like your first instinct is just to get the bar behind your head as quickly as a possible, irregardless of anything else. While it is of course imperative to lock out the bar behind the head, at least as a beginner, I think you need to work more on get upward momentum into the bar to push it upward, while simultaneously splitting outwards. I
    So, more focus into the initial full drive from the legs.

thejdeck will become famous soon enough. (+50) thejdeck will become famous soon enough. (+50) thejdeck will become famous soon enough. (+50) thejdeck will become famous soon enough. (+50) thejdeck will become famous soon enough. (+50) thejdeck will become famous soon enough. (+50) thejdeck will become famous soon enough. (+50) thejdeck will become famous soon enough. (+50) thejdeck will become famous soon enough. (+50) thejdeck will become famous soon enough. (+50) thejdeck will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Thanks a lot for the help guys..i am having elbow tendonitis pain really bad which is why my lock outs were so poor during this workout...i started stretching my biceps after reading the replies and that helps a lot! I never noticed how much extra movement I have with my head and I am also concentrating on that, as well as using more legs during my drive. Since I have all summer, I don't think I will hit to heavy of sinlges on jerk for awhile and just work around 85-90% for 2-3. What other assitance work should I do? I am going to add partial presses, did some reading after the replies and they look good.

chigiskov will become famous soon enough. (+50) chigiskov will become famous soon enough. (+50) chigiskov will become famous soon enough. (+50) chigiskov will become famous soon enough. (+50) chigiskov will become famous soon enough. (+50) chigiskov will become famous soon enough. (+50) chigiskov will become famous soon enough. (+50) chigiskov will become famous soon enough. (+50) chigiskov will become famous soon enough. (+50) chigiskov will become famous soon enough. (+50) chigiskov will become famous soon enough. (+50)