ESherlock has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Exclamation New to BB.com/New too supps - Any advice GREATLY appreicated.

Hi Guys,

So I'm new here, new too the BB'ing as a whole let alone BB.com. After reading a few articles over here (Gethin's and Stoppani mainly) I've never felt more motivated too get my arse down the gym and start my transformation. Anyway I've got a few questions I'd like too ask you homed veterans If you wouldn't mind?

The first question is a supplement question, Prior too a few days ago I had never really looked into supplementation beyond using a protein powder (I'd been using True Mass - BSN). So after trawling through articles I've gone ahead and purchased the Kris Gethin supplement stack as it seemed at the time to be like a good solid basis to start my BB'ing venture. Now however, I'm curious weather this was the right choice because after looking further into it Kris lists both Gaspari Max Performance + SciVation Xtend (so I know own both!) but it appears to me that these are largely the same product!? Could someone explain too me why it is that Kris is using both these products and at what point he's using them?

As an additional question my first programme I started reading was Kris' as it appeared after a google search and was one of the first things I read upon deciding to start this venture, I then proceeded too purchase the stack and was looking forward too starting the programme HOWEVER I soon stumbled upon Mr Jim Stoppani's programme which upon glancing at it looked far more appealing and structured than Kris', the selling point for me though was that Mr Stoppani seems to incorporate a less strict & rigid diet and is FAR more detailed in what he eats/how he eats it/when he eats it. My question(s) is this - Would I be able too proceed with Stoppani's programme and still see the results? What supplements should I swap out in his programme for the supplements I have?

These are the supplements I've purchased;

Gaspari Nutrition Anavite
    Gaspari Nutrition SizeOn Maximum Performance
    Gaspari Nutrition MyoFusion
    GENR8 Vitargo S2
    SciVation Xtend
    ProMera Sports CON-CRET
    Grenade Thermo Detonator

If someone could construct me some sort of rough guideline about how much of each I should be taking/when I should be taking each supplement I would be very very VERY grateful!

Finally, what programme would you recommend? As some background info I'm 19 (soon turning 20), I have just over 12 weeks to get in shape for my holiday. I'm not particularly skinny but I'm by no means big either (especially compared too some of you dudes!)

Thanks in advance for any help you guys could provide!

- Cheers Ell.

p.s - Sorry if I've asked any obvious questions/came off stupid. I'm completely new too all of this and with all these supplements I feel like a toddler thrown in at the deep end without any arm bands!!

germaine07 is a name known to all. (+5000) germaine07 is a name known to all. (+5000) germaine07 is a name known to all. (+5000) germaine07 is a name known to all. (+5000) germaine07 is a name known to all. (+5000) germaine07 is a name known to all. (+5000) germaine07 is a name known to all. (+5000) germaine07 is a name known to all. (+5000) germaine07 is a name known to all. (+5000) germaine07 is a name known to all. (+5000) germaine07 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Here's some advice that will save you money.

You don't need all those supplements. It's 90% about your diet and you should only purchase a supplement if your diet is deficient in an ares. Eg: A multivitamin to ensure you get all nutrients.

To learn the basics of nutrition, see here:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=136691851
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=121703981

Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by ESherlock View Post
    Hi Guys,

So I'm new here, new too the BB'ing as a whole let alone BB.com. After reading a few articles over here (Gethin's and Stoppani mainly) I've never felt more motivated too get my arse down the gym and start my transformation. Anyway I've got a few questions I'd like too ask you homed veterans If you wouldn't mind?

The first question is a supplement question, Prior too a few days ago I had never really looked into supplementation beyond using a protein powder (I'd been using True Mass - BSN). So after trawling through articles I've gone ahead and purchased the Kris Gethin supplement stack as it seemed at the time to be like a good solid basis to start my BB'ing venture. Now however, I'm curious weather this was the right choice because after looking further into it Kris lists both Gaspari Max Performance + SciVation Xtend (so I know own both!) but it appears to me that these are largely the same product!? Could someone explain too me why it is that Kris is using both these products and at what point he's using them?

As an additional question my first programme I started reading was Kris' as it appeared after a google search and was one of the first things I read upon deciding to start this venture, I then proceeded too purchase the stack and was looking forward too starting the programme HOWEVER I soon stumbled upon Mr Jim Stoppani's programme which upon glancing at it looked far more appealing and structured than Kris', the selling point for me though was that Mr Stoppani seems to incorporate a less strict & rigid diet and is FAR more detailed in what he eats/how he eats it/when he eats it. My question(s) is this - Would I be able too proceed with Stoppani's programme and still see the results? What supplements should I swap out in his programme for the supplements I have?

These are the supplements I've purchased;

Gaspari Nutrition Anavite
    Gaspari Nutrition SizeOn Maximum Performance
    Gaspari Nutrition MyoFusion
    GENR8 Vitargo S2
    SciVation Xtend
    ProMera Sports CON-CRET
    Grenade Thermo Detonator

If someone could construct me some sort of rough guideline about how much of each I should be taking/when I should be taking each supplement I would be very very VERY grateful!

Finally, what programme would you recommend? As some background info I'm 19 (soon turning 20), I have just over 12 weeks to get in shape for my holiday. I'm not particularly skinny but I'm by no means big either (especially compared too some of you dudes!)

Thanks in advance for any help you guys could provide!

- Cheers Ell.

p.s - Sorry if I've asked any obvious questions/came off stupid. I'm completely new too all of this and with all these supplements I feel like a toddler thrown in at the deep end without any arm bands!!
    I didn't read this entire post. I noticed you have a solid multi-v, a good intra product that has your full dose of creatine, and a good protein. The BCAA is questionable if you need it or not. So long as your getting a sufficient amount of protein through out the day and at the end of the day IMO it's not needed. I would drop the con-cret and get Allmax Creapure for your off days. Once saturated though SO MP should be sufficient for your creatine needs.

I see no fish oil in there. In that case look into Controlled Labs Oxiomega. I would also pick up some Allmax Beta Alanine. This is a staple for me and many others.

If I redid your stack it would look like this

SO MP
    Anavite
    Allmax BA
    Oxiomega
    Allmax Creapure (for off days)
    Myofusion

This is a very solid stack. Focus on your nutrition and work on progressive overload from work out to work out. Best of luck with your goals.
    My training log: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=178464441

powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    1. Dont read the articles on the BB.com main site. They are full of broscience

2. Dont buy a premade stack here. They are wastes of money.

3. Ignore store ratings, awards, top 50. They are voted on or purchased by people that have no clue what they are doing.

4. Go read the nutrition section stickies

5. Ask lots of questions about supps you are interested in on the supp forum well before buying them

6. Do not follow any workout programs sponsored by this site

7. Reread #1-6
    Last edited by powercage; 05-18-2012 at 05:14 AM.
    Controlled Labs Warder
    Email: Powercage [at] ControlledLabs.com
    Free Controlled Labs supps for your CL labels: goo.gl/kylDte

I'm pretty sure your wrong, but care to elaborate...

Disclaimer: The above post is my personal opinion and does not represent the official position of any company or entity. It does not constitute medical advice.

powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Anthony21 View Post
    I didn't read this entire post. I noticed you have a solid multi-v, a good intra product that has your full dose of creatine, and a good protein. The BCAA is questionable if you need it or not. So long as your getting a sufficient amount of protein through out the day and at the end of the day IMO it's not needed. I would drop the con-cret and get Allmax Creapure for your off days. Once saturated though SO MP should be sufficient for your creatine needs.

I see no fish oil in there. In that case look into Controlled Labs Oxiomega. I would also pick up some Allmax Beta Alanine. This is a staple for me and many others.

If I redid your stack it would look like this

SO MP
    Anavite
    Allmax BA
    Oxiomega
    Allmax Creapure (for off days)
    Myofusion

This is a very solid stack. Focus on your nutrition and work on progressive overload from work out to work out. Best of luck with your goals.

Its spelled Oximega
    Controlled Labs Warder

Disclaimer: The above post is my personal opinion and does not represent the official position of any company or entity. It does not constitute medical advice.

Bootuh is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bootuh is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bootuh is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bootuh is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bootuh is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bootuh is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bootuh is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bootuh is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bootuh is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bootuh is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bootuh is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    You purchased supplements without even knowing how to dose them? Sounds to me like you should work on your diet and workout routine first.

Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by powercage View Post
    Its spelled Oximega
    Thank you spell checker

Thank you spell checker
    Youd be surprised how many emails I get from people saying they need help finding a product..then we find out theyd been spelling it wrong the entire time
    Controlled Labs Warder

Kinda still lifts Valhallabound86's Avatar
    Valhallabound86 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Valhallabound86 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Valhallabound86 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Valhallabound86 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Valhallabound86 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Valhallabound86 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Valhallabound86 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Valhallabound86 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Valhallabound86 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Valhallabound86 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Valhallabound86 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    1. Dont read the articles on the BB.com main site. They are full of broscience

2. Dont buy a premade stack here. They are wastes of money.

3. Ignore store ratings, awards, top 50. They are voted on or purchased by people that have no clue what they are doing.

4. Go read the nutrition section stickies

5. Ask lots of questions about supps you are interested in on the supp forum well before buying them

6. Do not follow any workout programs sponsored by this site

7. Reread #1-6
    But what about the Bizzy diet and Mark Lawlbliner?

CDMMA is a name known to all. (+5000) CDMMA is a name known to all. (+5000) CDMMA is a name known to all. (+5000) CDMMA is a name known to all. (+5000) CDMMA is a name known to all. (+5000) CDMMA is a name known to all. (+5000) CDMMA is a name known to all. (+5000) CDMMA is a name known to all. (+5000) CDMMA is a name known to all. (+5000) CDMMA is a name known to all. (+5000) CDMMA is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Youd be surprised how many emails I get from people saying they need help finding a product..then we find out theyd been spelling it wrong the entire time
    Three.

D3Baseball is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) D3Baseball is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) D3Baseball is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) D3Baseball is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) D3Baseball is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) D3Baseball is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) D3Baseball is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) D3Baseball is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) D3Baseball is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) D3Baseball is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) D3Baseball is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by AnthonyJunior View Post
    dont waste your money...

all you need is good food, some creatine and some driven sports Craze
    lol, he's on a binge again
    However beautiful the strategy, you should occasionally look at the results - Dr. John Berardi

Originally Posted by AnthonyJunior View Post
    dont waste your money...

all you need is good food, some creatine and some driven sports Craze
    Seems like you need the food there buddy. 6'3 150lbs hmmm

Sorry I have contributed to this :/

Sorry I have contributed to this :/
    I forgive you for your awesome "rate my purchase" pic

As others said in that thread, give VMS a shot. Very nice flavor (light on the mint), but you can add some mint extract or something else mint flavored if you want to bump it up. I think they did a great job with it.
    Controlled Labs Warder

D3Baseball is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) D3Baseball is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) D3Baseball is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) D3Baseball is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) D3Baseball is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) D3Baseball is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) D3Baseball is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) D3Baseball is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) D3Baseball is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) D3Baseball is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) D3Baseball is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I forgive you for your awesome "rate my purchase" pic

As others said in that thread, give VMS a shot. Very nice flavor (light on the mint), but you can add some mint extract or something else mint flavored if you want to bump it up. I think they did a great job with it.
    jelly
    However beautiful the strategy, you should occasionally look at the results - Dr. John Berardi

kingskipper is a name known to all. (+5000) kingskipper is a name known to all. (+5000) kingskipper is a name known to all. (+5000) kingskipper is a name known to all. (+5000) kingskipper is a name known to all. (+5000) kingskipper is a name known to all. (+5000) kingskipper is a name known to all. (+5000) kingskipper is a name known to all. (+5000) kingskipper is a name known to all. (+5000) kingskipper is a name known to all. (+5000) kingskipper is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Size-On and Con-cret are both creatine products so you only need 1 or the other (unless your planning to use Size-On on training days and Con-cret on off days in which case just get some regular mono for off days).
    Peace and the Third World War: gnosticteachings.org/books-by-samael-aun-weor/the-social-christ/692-peace-and-the-third-world-war.html

Cybergenics...it's bomb! lucia316's Avatar
    lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Valhallabound86 View Post
    But what about the Bizzy diet and Mark Lawlbliner?
    This one hurt me so bad.