Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    cuckfonformity is on a distinguished road. (+10) cuckfonformity is on a distinguished road. (+10) cuckfonformity is on a distinguished road. (+10) cuckfonformity is on a distinguished road. (+10) cuckfonformity is on a distinguished road. (+10) cuckfonformity is on a distinguished road. (+10) cuckfonformity is on a distinguished road. (+10) cuckfonformity is on a distinguished road. (+10) cuckfonformity is on a distinguished road. (+10) cuckfonformity is on a distinguished road. (+10) cuckfonformity is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by fattytofit View Post
    Any advice on what i should be doing in the gym?
    Do Starting Strength. Start light, learn the basics of your major compounds, and you'll be lifting heavy in no time.

GilchristNole has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I just want to say that I'm right there with ya bro. Starting today at 355 and I'm finally ready to make a change. Applied for some life insurance and BOMBED the physical because of really high blood pressure and being far to heavy.Not to mention the history of heart problems in my family which scares the hell out of me. Good luck on your journey
    Last edited by GilchristNole; 05-16-2012 at 08:29 PM.

Fc2300 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Great for you wanting to change. Im big like you, i started at 347 5'8. So i was probably at a higher BMI then you. Ive since dropped to about 284ish right now. Took me about a year to drop the initial 60 pounds or so, but i find it very hard for me to gain any of it back. So heres what has worked for me. First Eat at a deficit like everyone has said. i wouldnt go to far below maintenance to start. Maybe 500 cals or so. Later on you can drop more, but to start this will ease you into things. I have a rule that i basically follow. Dont drink your calories. The only exception to this for me is my Protein shake. Outside of that i only drink water. I basically carry around a 2 liter bottle of water with me everywhere i go and drink it throughout the day. Diet wise i use to just cut cals and be fine but then i hit a plateau so i changed it up and tried Keto. I did Keto for a month and i lost a good amount of weight and broke me of my little plateau. If you think you can handle Keto then by all means try it down the line. Its hard for me and im currently not doing it. Although i still stay somewhat low on carbs.

Fitness wise, I started working out after about 40 pounds of weight loss and roughly 5 months of dieting. For me it was cardio 3 times a week. My cardio of choice was Swimming. As big guys cardio can be tricky, as high impact cardio can be very damaging on our joints. So i choose swimming because its fun first of all, and its super low impact. So my joints didnt take a big beating. Start slow on swimming if you do try it. I started swimming in August only be able to do 500 meters for a whole workout, now im at 1600 meters non stop. Finally for the last 2 months i started doing Starting Strength. I cannot stress how much fun this workout has been. Its a very easy program that is super easy to follow and your gains drive your motivation. Im excited to go lift now because of Starting Strength.

So hopefully my little story helps you out a bit and remember a little motto i read "A year from now, you will wish you had started today"
    Good Luck.

PrimalJames has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by chesterr View Post
    I also heard about people getting good results with fat loss by using fat burners. You may want to look it up because I don't know much about them.
    At that weight any strenuous exercise could cause heart problems at worst, and hyperventilation\sweating at best - assuming you used fat burners that worked. Don't recommend. Same with any exercise that is hard on the joints until your under the 300's which will happen anyways with the diet.

dotless1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    If you are going eat fast food to hit your calories, you are doing it wrong. It's not just about the calories. It's what you eat as well. Cut out the soda and fast food, drink more water, no ice cream, no chips, no popcorn. Treat yourself to a cheat meal once a week at the start.
    You don't have to go to the gym to lift weights yet, just go for a 30minutes walk on the treadmill everyday. Using the treadmill will lessen the impact on your joints.

Most of all, the people that are around you are the most important. Let the people around you know that you are trying to make a difference and have their support. Do not let them get you down. It'll go a long way.

bonercoaster will become famous soon enough. (+50) bonercoaster will become famous soon enough. (+50) bonercoaster will become famous soon enough. (+50) bonercoaster will become famous soon enough. (+50) bonercoaster will become famous soon enough. (+50) bonercoaster will become famous soon enough. (+50) bonercoaster will become famous soon enough. (+50) bonercoaster will become famous soon enough. (+50) bonercoaster will become famous soon enough. (+50) bonercoaster will become famous soon enough. (+50) bonercoaster will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    hot.

urbanlamb will become famous soon enough. (+50) urbanlamb will become famous soon enough. (+50) urbanlamb will become famous soon enough. (+50) urbanlamb will become famous soon enough. (+50) urbanlamb will become famous soon enough. (+50) urbanlamb will become famous soon enough. (+50) urbanlamb will become famous soon enough. (+50) urbanlamb will become famous soon enough. (+50) urbanlamb will become famous soon enough. (+50) urbanlamb will become famous soon enough. (+50) urbanlamb will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Thanks soOO much man! This **** was really motivational !!! Cheers to you!
    Hiya baby...lambie here and listen up for a minute my man. Absolutely, you must love yourself. I've dropped 30 pounds before joining this site, and have about 100 more to go. Here's what's working for me...1)Eat six mini meals a day 2)eat LOTS and LOTS of proten and veggies 3)Use a wesite such as 'my fitnesspal' to keep an eye on your calories 4)workout 5 or 6 days a week 5)GET YOUR REST.
    For me, these are key things that are helping. I started to love what I was doing in the gym and joined up here to learn more about technique and ideas to put together workout routines.
    I am OBSESSED with this new lifestyle, and you must be too. Instead of obsessing over a burger at Mickey Dees, you should start thinking about new music tracks for your cardio, new apparatus for the gym, new ways to tweak a routine...this is your NEW LIFE!!! Embrace it!
    One last little trick that's been working for me with diet...I now view food as a way to love myself. If I had a child that I loved, I wouldn't feed her massive amounts of cookies and ice cream, now would I? Love yourself enough to say to yourself "You deserve a balanced, healthy diet, and a good balance of activity and REST so that you can become the strong young warrior that you were meant to be."
    Good luck dude...lots of love coming your way. Just remember my golden rules ok?

urbanlamb will become famous soon enough. (+50) urbanlamb will become famous soon enough. (+50) urbanlamb will become famous soon enough. (+50) urbanlamb will become famous soon enough. (+50) urbanlamb will become famous soon enough. (+50) urbanlamb will become famous soon enough. (+50) urbanlamb will become famous soon enough. (+50) urbanlamb will become famous soon enough. (+50) urbanlamb will become famous soon enough. (+50) urbanlamb will become famous soon enough. (+50) urbanlamb will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by PrimalJames View Post
    At that weight any strenuous exercise could cause heart problems at worst, and hyperventilation\sweating at best - assuming you used fat burners that worked. Don't recommend. Same with any exercise that is hard on the joints until your under the 300's which will happen anyways with the diet.
    Oh my god yes, I agree! The only supplement you need right now is protein. Same with the exercise...be careful with what you're doing. A really great way to get cardio and maximum fat burn is to do inclines on the treadmill. Start walking regular pace, then increase incline by one every 2 minutes. Challenge yourself to see how far you can go, then drop it by one each minute when you've reached your max. You're young and strong, and we want to keep you healthy. One injury and you can be set back...ya don't want that!!!!!
    I want to run soooo bad, but I'm older than you (not THAT much older) and know I need to strengthen muscles and reduce some of the load on my knees before I atempt. One of my goals is to start running in the fall.

fattytofit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fattytofit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fattytofit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fattytofit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fattytofit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fattytofit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fattytofit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fattytofit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fattytofit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fattytofit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fattytofit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Wink

Wow thanks for the input guys^ I am really happy to know im not the only one in this, and that there are other people who have been in and still are similar situations! Really GREAT guidance on this forum!!

fattytofit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fattytofit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fattytofit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fattytofit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fattytofit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fattytofit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fattytofit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fattytofit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fattytofit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fattytofit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fattytofit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by bonercoaster View Post
    hot.
    Thanks bro

Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Are you guys sure you want him doing squats? Seriously? OP needs to eat in a calorie deficit and not eat ANY junk and retrain his whole diet and NOT have any cheat meals for a very long time until he has earned it. Forget IIFYM for now.
    Sure lifting is important but he is not going to build muscle his entire deficit, cardio cardio cardio until a more reasonable bodyfat then lifting and not kill himself squatting 3x a week a la starting strength. i cannot imagine his joints would like that.
    OP needs to be doing light to moderate intensity BIKE cardio, calorie deficit then worry about weight training in a few months.
    There is always someone less fortunate, with real hunger, with real adversity, who made something of themselves. What is your excuse?

Originally Posted by Serpentarius View Post
    Are you guys sure you want him doing squats? Seriously? OP needs to eat in a calorie deficit and not eat ANY junk and retrain his whole diet and NOT have any cheat meals for a very long time until he has earned it. Forget IIFYM for now.
    Sure lifting is important but he is not going to build muscle his entire deficit, cardio cardio cardio until a more reasonable bodyfat then lifting and not kill himself squatting 3x a week a la starting strength. i cannot imagine his joints would like that.
    OP needs to be doing light to moderate intensity BIKE cardio, calorie deficit then worry about weight training in a few months.
    How does using the elliptical sound as my main source of cardio? Ive burnt 700-900 calories on it when i tried.

JVRICHARDS is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JVRICHARDS is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JVRICHARDS is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JVRICHARDS is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JVRICHARDS is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JVRICHARDS is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JVRICHARDS is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JVRICHARDS is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JVRICHARDS is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JVRICHARDS is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JVRICHARDS is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    How does using the elliptical sound as my main source of cardio? Ive burnt 700-900 calories on it when i tried.
    Elliptical would be good low impact. But honestly, i **** you not, I wouldn't even get on it until you hit 335-350. Walk. Get your body used to carrying itself around for long distances.

I'll agree with Serp about lifting right now, though I do think some calisthenics and body weight stuff would do you some good for later on. When you hit the 300 mark, it'll be a different story.

Originally Posted by JVRICHARDS View Post
    Elliptical would be good low impact. But honestly, i **** you not, I wouldn't even get on it until you hit 335-350. Walk. Get your body used to carrying itself around for long distances.

I'll agree with Serp about lifting right now, though I do think some calisthenics and body weight stuff would do you some good for later on. When you hit the 300 mark, it'll be a different story.
    Yea that makes sense, most people have been telling me stick with diet for now. Im probably going to just do some light cardio at the gym sometimes weekly.

person101 is a name known to all. (+5000) person101 is a name known to all. (+5000) person101 is a name known to all. (+5000) person101 is a name known to all. (+5000) person101 is a name known to all. (+5000) person101 is a name known to all. (+5000) person101 is a name known to all. (+5000) person101 is a name known to all. (+5000) person101 is a name known to all. (+5000) person101 is a name known to all. (+5000) person101 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I highly recommend you invest in a good personal trainer and a nutritionist to help you. They will be able to come up with specific workout programs, and diets to fit you. Diet is the MOST important thing! Get your diet in check and stick with it!

I agree with Serpentarius...NO SQUATS!!! Nothing to hurt your knees right now. Cardio is your friend for now, and sure elliptical is great. Just remember to always be challenging yourself. Play with resistance and what not, and bop back and forth from walking to treadmill to elliptical to swimming.
    I'd say go ahead and lift weights, it will feel good and won't kill you. Just focus on upper body weights. Oh...and stretch after EVERY workout. Spend a good 5-10 minutes doing stretches. Your muscles will thank you.
    When I have a moment, I'm going to send you my first two workouts that I used when I was starting with the weights. You will feel good and powerful. Keep your cardio and your diet the main focus for now though until you lose a bit more weight.
    I've been thinking about you all day and am soooo proud of you! Please keep us updated as you go along.

Originally Posted by urbanlamb View Post
    I agree with Serpentarius...NO SQUATS!!! Nothing to hurt your knees right now. Cardio is your friend for now, and sure elliptical is great. Just remember to always be challenging yourself. Play with resistance and what not, and bop back and forth from walking to treadmill to elliptical to swimming.
    I'd say go ahead and lift weights, it will feel good and won't kill you. Just focus on upper body weights. Oh...and stretch after EVERY workout. Spend a good 5-10 minutes doing stretches. Your muscles will thank you.
    When I have a moment, I'm going to send you my first two workouts that I used when I was starting with the weights. You will feel good and powerful. Keep your cardio and your diet the main focus for now though until you lose a bit more weight.
    I've been thinking about you all day and am soooo proud of you! Please keep us updated as you go along.

Thanks so much!!! Big help!

jollygenies has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jollygenies has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jollygenies has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jollygenies has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jollygenies has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jollygenies has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jollygenies has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jollygenies has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jollygenies has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jollygenies has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jollygenies has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Cool

So i have been fat for as long as i can remember. I think i was classified as "overweight" since i was 7. I recently had an epiphany, breakdown, realization, or what ever you want to call it. I'm sick of being ****ing fat, excuse the language. I dug my self into this hole and I'm ready to climb out. So, i don't really know what I'm doing interms of how i am going to lose this fat that's all
    around me, but that's why i made this account >.> . Any advice, recommendations, workout routines, etc. would be awesome.
    Ill attach some pictures of my current body to the post so you guys could maybe get an idea of what I'm working with and help me estimate my BF% (I guessed 50% idk). (Not for a weak stomach)
    PS: Any Fat-loss diet plans you could tell me of or link me to would be great, I know diet plays a HUGE role in attaining your goal body.

My stats:
    Sex: M
    Height: 6ft
    Weight: 380lb

Long-term Goal: Lose 180-200lb, Attain at least a Normal BF%
    Timeframe: Ideally by December 31st, 2013
    Well you have already taken the most important step, admitting your problem and wanting to fix it. This in itself is half the solution. I can't tell you how many people want to lose 10 sizes for next weeks wedding!! Your goal is more than realistic, and at that rate your body will adapt to the weight loss at a healthy rate. Definitely join myfitnesspal.com and if you can download the app. Input everything you eat into it, it really only takes a minute or two after each meal. Also read the stickies to figure out your TDEE and your calories needed. Eat foods high in protein and fiber to feel fuller longer. Walking for 10-20 minutes 2-3x a week won't hurt either to get your blood flowing and getting more fit. But changing your diet alone, I guarantee the first 30-50 pounds are going to come off FAST. Fast like 3 weeks fast. After that it WILL slow down but don't worry as it is the way our bodies work. We don't get obese overnight, we can't get six packs overnight either. Good luck and please report back with progress pics!!!

Originally Posted by jollygenies View Post
    Well you have already taken the most important step, admitting your problem and wanting to fix it. This in itself is half the solution. I can't tell you how many people want to lose 10 sizes for next weeks wedding!! Your goal is more than realistic, and at that rate your body will adapt to the weight loss at a healthy rate. Definitely join myfitnesspal.com and if you can download the app. Input everything you eat into it, it really only takes a minute or two after each meal. Also read the stickies to figure out your TDEE and your calories needed. Eat foods high in protein and fiber to feel fuller longer. Walking for 10-20 minutes 2-3x a week won't hurt either to get your blood flowing and getting more fit. But changing your diet alone, I guarantee the first 30-50 pounds are going to come off FAST. Fast like 3 weeks fast. After that it WILL slow down but don't worry as it is the way our bodies work. We don't get obese overnight, we can't get six packs overnight either. Good luck and please report back with progress pics!!!
    I sure will , thanks a lot for the response! And i just took a look at the app, VERY useful.

Travis99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Travis99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Travis99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Travis99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Travis99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Travis99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Travis99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Travis99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Travis99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Travis99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Travis99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Don't lift heavy. That's bad advice. You're nowhere near that stage yet. You need to build stabilization muscles before you start trying to squat 225. That will just lead to injury and set you back for months possibly years. That's not bro science talking, that's fact.

Start light weight 12-20 reps 2 to 3 sets. Compound exercises. Focus on your diet, you don't have to completely change your diet in a week. That will just lead to you going back to bad habits. Go slow, for instance instead of going cold turkey on sodas, cut back on them, then switch to diet, then get off them completely. I used to drink two leaders of soda every day. It took me a year to get completely off them.

This is long journey, you can do it. Absolutely you can. You will stumble, you will fall, but just get right back up as fast as you can and keep going. Success is getting up one more time than you've been knocked down.

It wont be easy, hell, it'll be hard. But damn it, anything that's worth it is ****ing hard. So go do this **** man. I have faith in you!

Here are some exercises you may want to start with.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/exercise.../overhead-slam

http://www.bodybuilding.com/exercise...tlebell-swings

http://www.bodybuilding.com/exercise...all-full-twist

http://www.bodybuilding.com/exercise...ll-bench-press

http://www.bodybuilding.com/exercise...dyweight-squat
    Last edited by Travis99; 05-17-2012 at 06:36 PM.
    “People don’t have ideas, ideas have people.”

~Carl Jung

Read the f***** stickies. justmightbecraz's Avatar
    justmightbecraz will become famous soon enough. (+50) justmightbecraz will become famous soon enough. (+50) justmightbecraz will become famous soon enough. (+50) justmightbecraz will become famous soon enough. (+50) justmightbecraz will become famous soon enough. (+50) justmightbecraz will become famous soon enough. (+50) justmightbecraz will become famous soon enough. (+50) justmightbecraz will become famous soon enough. (+50) justmightbecraz will become famous soon enough. (+50) justmightbecraz will become famous soon enough. (+50) justmightbecraz will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I was 340 lbs. last October, and I didn't start my weights until November after I'd dropped to 325 lbs and I started everything from scratch (empty bar) on a 5x5 to build my initial strength base up. 7 months later I'm doing the simple beginner's routine at the moment, and this week I'm squatting 2x11 @ 210 lbs, believe me there's no need to rush to the weights, just get used to being active first. If you stick to this transformation you'll be lifting for years to come anyways, so don't worry about it right now.
    USMC Veteran 2000-2005

Personal
    Responsibility
    In
    Daily
    Efforts

Oct-2011: 340 lbs. ~45% BF Start 1st Cut
    Apr-2012: 263 lbs. ~32% BF
    Oct-2012: 215 lbs. ~23% BF End 1st Cut, Start 1st Bulk

dicecube has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    OP, post your usual diet

Registered User trance__dreamer's Avatar
    trance__dreamer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) trance__dreamer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) trance__dreamer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) trance__dreamer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) trance__dreamer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) trance__dreamer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) trance__dreamer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) trance__dreamer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) trance__dreamer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) trance__dreamer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) trance__dreamer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    i have full faith in you, my friend!

tryingtofocus will become famous soon enough. (+50) tryingtofocus will become famous soon enough. (+50) tryingtofocus will become famous soon enough. (+50) tryingtofocus will become famous soon enough. (+50) tryingtofocus will become famous soon enough. (+50) tryingtofocus will become famous soon enough. (+50) tryingtofocus will become famous soon enough. (+50) tryingtofocus will become famous soon enough. (+50) tryingtofocus will become famous soon enough. (+50) tryingtofocus will become famous soon enough. (+50) tryingtofocus will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Good luck on your journey and new lifestyle.

You can do it, just takes time and patience. Like all others said, calories in/out and adjust with the more weight you lose.

Don't get sidetracked as there will always be bumps in the road. Even if you do get sidetracked, then always jump back on!

Again, good luck!
    Current Stack
    iForce fanatic!
    Trutein fanatic!
    Controlled Labs fanatic!

Trutein Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup
    Gold Feast-Watermelon
    Orange Triad
    ON Fish oil
    White Flood-Watermelon
    iForce HemaVol-Lemon Drop
    NOW Vit
    NOW Green Extract
    AllMax-Creatine
    AllMax-Glutamine
    Xtend-Sour Lemon-Lime

What I can't get in with Supp's, I get in with food....;)

Reds the new green.....

Originally Posted by dicecube View Post
    OP, post your usual diet
    Hey my original diet for SOOOO long has been, surprisingly what some might call intermittent fasting. I kid you not. I rarely am hungry in the morning, and most days i don't eat at school. BUUUT....when i get home at 2:30-3pm....the belly takes control and all self-sontrol goes out the window. I cant tell you how manytimes ive gone without food for hours then get home and have 2 huge sandwiches (lots of delimeat/cheese/mayo/etc.) and binge..then take a 3 hour nap...wake up eat some more mabye..stay up late (past 12 mostly) and get less than 7 hrs of sleep

Yea that sums up most of my average unhealthy fatass days

Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Embrace oats. They are delicious. The Greeks knew it, the Carthaginians knew it, and now YOU know it!
    There is always someone less fortunate, with real hunger, with real adversity, who made something of themselves. What is your excuse?

DLEHMA is just really nice. (+1000) DLEHMA is just really nice. (+1000) DLEHMA is just really nice. (+1000) DLEHMA is just really nice. (+1000) DLEHMA is just really nice. (+1000) DLEHMA is just really nice. (+1000) DLEHMA is just really nice. (+1000) DLEHMA is just really nice. (+1000) DLEHMA is just really nice. (+1000) DLEHMA is just really nice. (+1000) DLEHMA is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by YouMadDawg View Post
    And it's great that you have a realistic time-frame for your weight loss. I can't tell you how many posts I have read like "Need to lose 400 pounds by next Tuesday". Getting to sub-200 in over a year is a super-realistic goal.
    And a realistic end weight. Not one of those fat guys that says "I don't want to go below 200 because I'll look too skinny". Looks promising and I can see you getting there OP! Don't let yourself down.
    watdo I do in this dilemma?

Hey my original diet for SOOOO long has been, surprisingly what some might call intermittent fasting. I kid you not. I rarely am hungry in the morning, and most days i don't eat at school. BUUUT....when i get home at 2:30-3pm....the belly takes control and all self-sontrol goes out the window. I cant tell you how manytimes ive gone without food for hours then get home and have 2 huge sandwiches (lots of delimeat/cheese/mayo/etc.) and binge..then take a 3 hour nap...wake up eat some more mabye..stay up late (past 12 mostly) and get less than 7 hrs of sleep

Yea that sums up most of my average unhealthy fatass days
    Yup, you've definitely been wrecking your metabolism. Yee-ikes!
    Start your day with a protein shake...eat small meals containing CLEAN protein every three hours. You need to get your metabolism awake and working m'dear.

Read the f***** stickies. justmightbecraz's Avatar
    justmightbecraz will become famous soon enough. (+50) justmightbecraz will become famous soon enough. (+50) justmightbecraz will become famous soon enough. (+50) justmightbecraz will become famous soon enough. (+50) justmightbecraz will become famous soon enough. (+50) justmightbecraz will become famous soon enough. (+50) justmightbecraz will become famous soon enough. (+50) justmightbecraz will become famous soon enough. (+50) justmightbecraz will become famous soon enough. (+50) justmightbecraz will become famous soon enough. (+50) justmightbecraz will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Start your day with a protein shake...eat small meals containing CLEAN protein every three hours. You need to get your metabolism awake and working m'dear.
    Please stop that, meal frequency in a 24 hour window does not matter for metabolism, only for blood sugar control in diabetics. Eat 3 meals a day, 6 meals a day, hell bake 12 food muffins and eat one every 2 hours, it just doesn't matter. The only thing that matters is what can be adhered to. If six small meals a day is what it takes for -you- to get your required intake in without going over, on a regular basis then hey, do that. If you can do it with 3 classic meals and some snacks, do that. Stoking the metabolism by meal frequency is one of the most irrationally hyped theories based on junk science, mass marketing, and misunderstood personal anecdotes that has ever been passed around the nutrition world. If meal frequency affected my metabolism so heavily as you want to believe, then there's no way I would already have lost almost 90 lbs, I would have stalled after I no longer required enough calories in a day that eating every couple of hours was no longer necessary just to get all of my daily calories in. Instead, my eating times continue to take up less and less of my day as I continue to shrink. According to what you clutch to thinking is true, there's no way tons of people in this forum who eat only during an 8 hour window and not outside of it, would continue to lose fat.
    USMC Veteran 2000-2005

Personal
    Responsibility
    In
    Daily
    Efforts

Oct-2011: 340 lbs. ~45% BF Start 1st Cut
    Apr-2012: 263 lbs. ~32% BF
    Oct-2012: 215 lbs. ~23% BF End 1st Cut, Start 1st Bulk

nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Ugh. Ugh. Ugh.

What's "clean" protein, anyway?
    Don't Drink, Don't Smoke, Watdo you do?
    -----CUT STACK---
    GROUND BEEF
    WHITE BREAD
    CHICKEN
    2% MILK
    BROCCOLI
    LOW FAT ICE CREAM
    THOSE YOGURTS WITH THE CANDY THING ON TOP
    SUGAR FREE JELL-O