o3hundred has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) o3hundred has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) o3hundred has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) o3hundred has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) o3hundred has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) o3hundred has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) o3hundred has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) o3hundred has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) o3hundred has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) o3hundred has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) o3hundred has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question Need HIIT and Diet help!

Hi there, my goal is to lose bodyfat for the summer. I am 17 y/o, 155 lbs, and 5'9.
    I have just read that I should consume 500 calories under my maintenance ( which is 2200 ), and 40% of the calories should come from protein, another 40% from fat, and 20% from carbohydrates. HIIT should be repeated at least 3 times a week for at least 30 minutes. Will this do for a fat loss workout/ diet?

o3hundred has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) o3hundred has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) o3hundred has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) o3hundred has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) o3hundred has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) o3hundred has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) o3hundred has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) o3hundred has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) o3hundred has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) o3hundred has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) o3hundred has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Bump

WreckedUnit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'd recommend you put muscle on first before you look like dem 11yr olds running around the beach with "ripped abs" and 10" quads.

tofastforyou has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tofastforyou has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tofastforyou has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tofastforyou has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tofastforyou has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tofastforyou has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tofastforyou has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tofastforyou has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tofastforyou has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tofastforyou has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tofastforyou has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Do HIIT 3x Per week and below your maintinence, you should be fine, examples are to use a rowing machine, spin bike, treadmill or running track and do something like this 16x20seconds with 40 seconds rest, or 12x30 seconds 60 seconds rest or 8x45 seconds with 90 seconds rest, these individual sets should be to maximum intensity and you should be gone by 9/10th one, i find spin bikes are great because you can spin lightly for rest, make sure you warm up and warm down also. These are just examples there are many variations, of HIIT.

Originally Posted by WreckedUnit View Post
    I'd recommend you put muscle on first before you look like dem 11yr olds running around the beach with "ripped abs" and 10" quads.
    My friend(who's a girl) says that she doesn't understand why guys started to go to gym's and get huge, what she personally likes is just a fit, good looking guy, not a hulk. And she's not the only girl who's told me that. So hey, who the hell am I to tell girls what to like in guys? I only listen, and do what I am told

Registered User ErikTheElectric's Avatar
    ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by o3hundred View Post
    My friend(who's a girl) says that she doesn't understand why guys started to go to gym's and get huge, what she personally likes is just a fit, good looking guy, not a hulk. And she's not the only girl who's told me that. So hey, who the hell am I to tell girls what to like in guys? I only listen, and do what I am told
    High school girls FTL.

Originally Posted by tofastforyou View Post
    Do HIIT 3x Per week and below your maintinence, you should be fine, examples are to use a rowing machine, spin bike, treadmill or running track and do something like this 16x20seconds with 40 seconds rest, or 12x30 seconds 60 seconds rest or 8x45 seconds with 90 seconds rest, these individual sets should be to maximum intensity and you should be gone by 9/10th one, i find spin bikes are great because you can spin lightly for rest, make sure you warm up and warm down also. These are just examples there are many variations, of HIIT.
    I have actually started doing HIIT every day. On working days, I will be doing HIIT but with higher rest times, and HIIT on off days with short rest times. I'll see where that bring me. I have also figured what I am supposed to eat in order to lose fat(i.e how many grams of this/ that, etc...) Most guys at the gym tell me to experiment and see what works out for me. Then when something does work out, just remember it for next time I want to achieve that specific goal. Well, good luck to me.

Originally Posted by ErikTheElectric View Post
    High school girls FTL.
    Hahaha, I will be doing Jim Stoppani's Shortcut to Size after the summer. I actually started that program, was in week 2, until it hit me that "Summer is Coming"(Game of Thrones reference).

Sean26607 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Sean26607 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Sean26607 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Sean26607 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Sean26607 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Sean26607 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Sean26607 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Sean26607 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Sean26607 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Sean26607 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Sean26607 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    So long a your calorie deficit you should do fine. Be sure to monitor for potential muscle loss. I do HIIT training and it's been effective for me.
    Best of luck OP

Originally Posted by Sean26607 View Post
    So long a your calorie deficit you should do fine. Be sure to monitor for potential muscle loss. I do HIIT training and it's been effective for me.
    Best of luck OP
    Thank you very much. May I ask how many times per week do you do HIIT? Will 7 times a week be an overkill?

P.S You look like a beast.