Page 26 of 32 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 ... LastLast
    Bloody but unbowed fittofattofit's Avatar
    fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by securekey View Post
    The 'cottage or camp' as we call it is really quite a nice summer home on the ocean. My father in law owns it... interestingly enough he is an Anaesthetist also... He plans to retire there in a few years.
    Nice place to retire to!
    This anaesthetist can't afford to retire for another 15 years

The 20mx5's were full out but those 100m were probably closer to 80 percent... it's amazing how heavy the legs can feel during sprints. I ended up adding squats this evening after reading a few journals... so much great work going on in the 035.
    That was a great way to blast through a squat session! 1 minute rests would have been deadly!

Originally Posted by cmoore View Post
    kids >all

being the FUN adult is well, FUN
    ^^^ it's so true! My nephews in Ireland think I'm the fun uncle
    "Better to wear out than rust out!"

Squat 165kg/363lbs
    Deadlift 190kg/418lbs

The Flanimal project Flounderbout's Avatar
    Flounderbout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Flounderbout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Flounderbout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Flounderbout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Flounderbout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Flounderbout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Flounderbout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Flounderbout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Flounderbout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Flounderbout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Flounderbout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I love this pic, and I love the idea of a little line of duckling/kids following you about begging you to show them more awesome stuff. Brilliant SK!

Oh, obviously I was a bit disappointed that you weren't doing the flag on a merry-go-round...

Am very jealous of that flag. Must start working on those - they look like fun...
    ☻/
    /▌ Sm2sm crew (---Squat Moar to Squat Moar---)
    / \

"Stay tight and don't be a pussy" Eric
    "Get out of your head, you've got this" Jedi Spotter

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    What are your thoughts on pulling to knees only with the deficits? Basically pull hard /explode to knee and drop it... reset... repeat.
    I don't see any benefit in restricting the ROM; IMO, you'll get the most out of the exercise from locking out each rep before lowering the bar and starting the next one.

I am like a god to those kids. They follow me around like little ducklings :P I always try to do something athletic / fun with them.

Good deal. If there's anything that kids these days need, it's someone providing positive reinforcement of the fact that physical activities can be fun as well as beneficial to overall health.
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

securekey is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) securekey is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) securekey is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) securekey is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) securekey is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) securekey is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) securekey is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) securekey is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) securekey is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) securekey is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) securekey is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by fittofattofit View Post

That was a great way to blast through a squat session! 1 minute rests would have been deadly!
    It was intense... but exactly what I needed. I was wound up pretty tight last night for some reason.

^^^ it's so true! My nephews in Ireland think I'm the fun uncle
    I don't have children but it is fun playing with these little guys... they are actually triplets. 2 boys and a girl

Originally Posted by Flounderbout View Post
    I love this pic, and I love the idea of a little line of duckling/kids following you about begging you to show them more awesome stuff. Brilliant SK!

Oh, obviously I was a bit disappointed that you weren't doing the flag on a merry-go-round...

Am very jealous of that flag. Must start working on those - they look like fun...
    lol... I know. It is so mundane compared to cm They are fun... but I would say they are probably more difficult overall then the MU... for me anyway.

Originally Posted by ironwill2008 View Post
    I don't see any benefit in restricting the ROM; IMO, you'll get the most out of the exercise from locking out each rep before lowering the bar and starting the next one.
    Excellent... that is how I decided to do them. Thanks for the input.

Good deal. If there's anything that kids these days need, it's someone providing positive reinforcement of the fact that physical activities can be fun as well as beneficial to overall health.
    I agree. My brother was my motivation when I was 14-15. He had joined the military and would come home and take me on 'runs' with him. He would bang out chins and situps at the football field. I would do my best to keep up. It would be awesome to inspire these children to embrace fitness.

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    It would be awesome to inspire these children to embrace fitness.
    Indeed. Too many kids are enticed to sit on their butts by too many electronic distractions. If they can just be shown that physical activity can be fun too, there will be a lot less obesity and overall health problems in this country in the future.
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I am like a god to those kids. They follow me around like little ducklings :P I always try to do something athletic / fun with them.
    They'll benefit from this their entire lives. That's my goal with my kids as well.

securekey is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) securekey is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) securekey is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) securekey is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) securekey is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) securekey is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) securekey is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) securekey is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) securekey is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) securekey is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) securekey is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by ironwill2008 View Post
    Indeed. Too many kids are enticed to sit on their butts by too many electronic distractions. If they can just be shown that physical activity can be fun too, there will be a lot less obesity and overall health problems in this country in the future.
    I absolutely love technology but I would never in a million years pass up an opportunity to play a sport or do something physical. I talk to them about that sort of thing all the time... There is a time and place for everything but seeing a child on a nice day texting on a ipod touch kills me.

Originally Posted by mirroroferised View Post
    They'll benefit from this their entire lives. That's my goal with my kids as well.
    There is nothing like a father setting the example... don't let us 'uncles' steal your thunder

Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Awesome improvised workout at the cottage. Lots of reps on those pull ups and dips. Nice flag stand too, I did a short one the other day at a park and thought I was going to tear something in my elbow I'm not quite there yet. Looking forward to seeing how you come back after deload week, I'm interested to see how much they help really. I have noticed that several times I have a poor workout the following one will be real good. I haven't been able to force myself to do a week long de load yet, but if I decide to change to 5-3-1 my first few weeks will likely be like a deload. Nice work keep those kids interested. They will all be out there doing flag poles on the pier with ya...

Originally Posted by Plateauplower View Post
    Awesome improvised workout at the cottage. Lots of reps on those pull ups and dips. Nice flag stand too, I did a short one the other day at a park and thought I was going to tear something in my elbow I'm not quite there yet.
    If you did 'a short one' then we are probably in the same boat Mine are pretty short too. I find they are like any exercise... they hurt the first couple times you do them.

Looking forward to seeing how you come back after deload week, I'm interested to see how much they help really. I have noticed that several times I have a poor workout the following one will be real good. I haven't been able to force myself to do a week long de load yet, but if I decide to change to 5-3-1 my first few weeks will likely be like a deload. Nice work keep those kids interested. They will all be out there doing flag poles on the pier with ya...
    It was difficult to restrain myself... I will get a little feedback over the weekend as I get back to normal.

doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Reading back. Reading front. Seeing what is going on in here.

Them OH squats are something that would be good to work on. May even have a look one day myself.

Good reading about the kiddies. Solid benching, handstands, squat volume. Ex sheiko and still alive to tell the tale.

Oh, and also.

IN
    Ride it like you just stole it.

SideSteal is a name known to all. (+5000) SideSteal is a name known to all. (+5000) SideSteal is a name known to all. (+5000) SideSteal is a name known to all. (+5000) SideSteal is a name known to all. (+5000) SideSteal is a name known to all. (+5000) SideSteal is a name known to all. (+5000) SideSteal is a name known to all. (+5000) SideSteal is a name known to all. (+5000) SideSteal is a name known to all. (+5000) SideSteal is a name known to all. (+5000)
    In =)
    Training log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=160275721&pagenumber=

Originally Posted by doughnutgut View Post

Them OH squats are something that would be good to work on. May even have a look one day myself.
    I still haven't added them in completely... I usually try to do a set or two to start lower day.. since they are just a warm up sometimes I don't bother to record them. Hopefully I can do one with more than just the oly bar soon

Solid benching, handstands, squat volume. Ex sheiko and still alive to tell the tale.
    Thanks. Plugging away... but the big 3 seem to be conspiring against me these days lol

Originally Posted by SideSteal View Post
    In =)
    Excellent... always appreciate the support and feedback.

notes: I didn't record the last 'posterior' day (Friday)... too busy. I will pick it up with today's training.

Anterior

Flat Bench 135x10
    EZ standing curl 70x15

Flat Bench 185x5
    EZ standing curl 90x10

Flat Bench 225x5
    EZ standing curl 110x8

Flat Bench 240x1
    EZ standing curl 125x5

Flat Bench 275x1
    EZ standing curl 125x5

Flat Bench 275x1
    EZ standing curl 125x5

Flat Bench 275x0 (missed this for some reason... it wasn't the weight... something in my form felt strange)
    EZ standing curl 125x6

Straight bar dips (less than 30 seconds rest between sets)
    bwx10
    bwx10
    bwx10
    bwx10
    bwx10
    bwx10
    bwx10
    bwx10
    bwx10
    bwx10

Hand Stand Press
    bw x 8 (I was happy with 8... looking for 10 soon)
    bw x 6
    bw x 5

notes: I constructed a stone wall yesterday. It took approximately 10 hours... I carried 105 stones 60 feet each uphill lol I was totally wrote at the end of the day and couldn't unlock the cramping in my hands. I was surprised I recovered so quickly for today's training.

mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    That's a helluva lotta dips As somebody who's done his fair share of manual labour I gotta tip my hat to you on this workout. Well done for the day after.

fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    That was a great session, especially after getting 'stoned' the day before
    Your benching and curling are really strong and you've got great triceps strength, killing those dips and handstand press ups!
    How do you do your HSPUs: kick back and then drop to touch your head on the ground for each rep?

Squat 165kg/363lbs
    Deadlift 190kg/418lbs

How do you do your HSPUs: kick back and then drop to touch your head on the ground for each rep?
    I kick up to a normal handstand and just let my heels touch the wall. (back facing the wall) I try to balance the best I can then go down until the head touches (top of forehead / hairline area) .. then press up to lock out.

I usually only recommend going up the other way to people starting out with handstand holds... not for presses. The problem with abs facing the wall is if your arms give out you face plant... with abs facing away you just let the legs drop back down.

Hopefully that made sense. I want to get a video when I can get 10... will post it for clarity.

Flounderbout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Flounderbout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Flounderbout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Flounderbout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Flounderbout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Flounderbout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Flounderbout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Flounderbout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Flounderbout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Flounderbout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Flounderbout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Not only is that a hell of a lot of dips, but they are straight bar dips. Or as they are alternatively known; "HOLY FUARK WHO KNEW THIS DIP VARIATION COULD BE SO FECKING DIFFICULT" Dips. In for vids of HSPUs. I was amused by your suggestion that abs facing the wall v facing away might change the number of face plants. Not with me it wouldn't...
    ☻/
    / \

I kick up to a normal handstand and just let my heels touch the wall. (back facing the wall) I try to balance the best I can then go down until the head touches (top of forehead / hairline area) .. then press up to lock out.

I usually only recommend going up the other way to people starting out with handstand holds... not for presses. The problem with abs facing the wall is if your arms give out you face plant... with abs facing away you just let the legs drop back down.

Hopefully that made sense. I want to get a video when I can get 10... will post it for clarity.
    That's the way I was picturing it! HSPUs are a favourite of the crossfitters and it's a very challenging lift for most people. 10 and going full range is excellent!

Squat 165kg/363lbs
    Deadlift 190kg/418lbs

Corpsman 91-99 & forever cmoore's Avatar
    cmoore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cmoore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cmoore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cmoore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cmoore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cmoore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cmoore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cmoore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cmoore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cmoore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cmoore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Ditto on abs away from > towards spotter/surface in a hand stand press.
    "I'm not a Ninja, but I played one on TV." -cmoore, American Ninja Warrior (ANW 7,8)

"Of all the things I lost during my cut, I miss my mind the most." -cmoore

Originally Posted by Flounderbout View Post
    I was amused by your suggestion that abs facing the wall v facing away might change the number of face plants. Not with me it wouldn't...
    hahah I have only face planted once and I have it on video... I should post it :P

That's the way I was picturing it! HSPUs are a favourite of the crossfitters and it's a very challenging lift for most people. 10 and going full range is excellent!
    I will grab a video next day either way... perhaps that will push me to get the 10 :P

Ditto on abs away from > towards spotter/surface in a hand stand press.
    The only advantage to abs toward the wall is people are less intimated climbing up as opposed to kicking up.... although I have heard it helps keep the 'hollow body position' a little better. All in all I agree with abs facing out for sure.

Pull Up x10
    JM Press 135x10

Muscle Up x1
    JM Press 135x10

Muscle Up x1
    JM Press 135x10

Muscle Up x1
    JM Press 135x10

Muscle Up x1
    JM Press 135x10

Muscle Up x3 <<< Three smooth ones in a row... almost had the 4th
    JM Press 135x10

Pull Up x15
    JM Press 135x10

Pull Up x15
    JM Press 135x10

Human Flag L x1 (spotted for 5 second hold)
    Human Flag R x1 (spotted for 5 second hold)

Human Flag L x1 (spotted for 5 second hold)
    Human Flag R x1 (spotted for 5 second hold)

Human Flag L x1
    Human Flag R x1

Human Flag L x1
    Human Flag R x1

Human Flag L x1 (self spotted with green band)
    Human Flag R x1 (self spotted with green band)

Human Flag L x1 (self spotted with green band)
    Human Flag R x1 (self spotted with green band)

Human Flag L x1
    Human Flag R x1

notes: 3 smooth MUs in a row today... I should have taken a video. Flags are progressing nicely... the green band works well.

highiso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) highiso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) highiso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) highiso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) highiso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) highiso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) highiso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) highiso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) highiso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) highiso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) highiso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Posterior (Sunday)

All training done at the cottage on the dock... it wasn't ideal but I enjoyed the day.

Pullups
    bwx15
    bwx15
    bwx10
    bwx10
    bwx10
    bwx8

Triceps dip
    bwx20
    bwx20
    bwx20
    bwx20
    bwx20

Human Flag - I am not sure how many I performed but it was a lot... there were several kids that wanted to try them so we spent about 1/2 hour messing around.

Dragons - I thought the kids might get these but nope... they thought it looked easy when I was doing it lol
    bwx3
    bwx3
    bwx3

Easy and fun day... below is a pic from my wife's ipad. (I can only hold these for a second or so... however they are feeling a better all the time)

This is awesome!

Great job on those muscle ups .. pity you didn't get the vids. It sounds like you're getting good at these flags as well you're making me want to give all these BW exercise a go

Squat 165kg/363lbs
    Deadlift 190kg/418lbs

Corpsman 91-99 & forever cmoore's Avatar
    cmoore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cmoore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cmoore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cmoore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cmoore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cmoore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cmoore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cmoore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cmoore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cmoore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cmoore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Once you can 2 in a row, you can do 8. No pressure, but don't let me down. MMMmmkay?
    "I'm not a Ninja, but I played one on TV." -cmoore, American Ninja Warrior (ANW 7,8)

"Of all the things I lost during my cut, I miss my mind the most." -cmoore

Originally Posted by highiso View Post
    This is awesome!
    Thanks. I was looking at a few of your 'water shots' in the other thread. Looking good.

Great job on those muscle ups .. pity you didn't get the vids. It sounds like you're getting good at these flags as well you're making me want to give all these BW exercise a go
    I was getting the ones easy and decided to try a double at the end like I usually do... the 3rd one came so easy I was a bit surprised. I will be honest I don't spend a lot of time on the body weight stuff but it's just enough to make it interesting.

Once you can 2 in a row, you can do 8. No pressure, but don't let me down. MMMmmkay?
    hahah... I will do my best ... and thanks for all the pushing and help with the bw exercises. It is appreciated.

Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Ok...had to come out of lurk mode to say the pic of the flag is pretty bad azz . Strong dips and benching too....your progress has been pretty awesome.
    ☻/
    /▌
    / \ Don't care what you do crew.

Former natty ☠ 101- lift heavy things consistently over time as often as you can recover from.

Originally Posted by Jtbny View Post
    Ok...had to come out of lurk mode to say the pic of the flag is pretty bad azz . Strong dips and benching too....your progress has been pretty awesome.
    Thanks Jt. I appreciate the comments. If I don't get 315 on bench sometime this year I am going to be bitter lol

Originally Posted by Jtbny View Post
    ^^^^
    It is such an awesome avi!

Squat 165kg/363lbs
    Deadlift 190kg/418lbs

^^^^
    It is such an awesome avi!
    I have to take more videos and pictures... we bought a GoPro for the office but I haven't even turned it on yet.

_______
    Friday Training:

Flat Bench 135x15
    EZ standing curl 70x15

Flat Bench 135x15
    EZ standing curl 70x10

Flat Bench 225x5
    EZ standing curl 120x10

Flat Bench 225x5
    EZ standing curl 120x10

Flat Bench 245x1
    EZ standing curl 120x10

Flat Bench 265x1
    EZ standing curl 120x5

Flat Bench 285x0 (got it almost to the top but couldn't lock out... which is strange b/c I usually fail about 3-4 inches off the chest)
    EZ standing curl 70x25

Hand Stand Press (decided to try 5x5 today)
    bw x 5
    bw x 5
    bw x 5
    bw x 5
    bw x 5 (these were hard fought... may have been 4.5 )

notes: Nothing too exciting today... I bought a new jeep so I was running around doing 'new car stuff' most of the day. The workout was short but I was happy I didn't just skip it.

Strong session with the bench and curls .. nice to nearly get that 285 and closing in on a 300 bench!
    Mirin' 5 x 5 HSPUs

Squat 165kg/363lbs
    Deadlift 190kg/418lbs

Strong session with the bench and curls .. nice to nearly get that 285 and closing in on a 300 bench!
    Mirin' 5 x 5 HSPUs
    Thanks fit. I am still cutting so it's tough to increase that bench right now. Doing my best to try though.

______
    Saturday

Deadlift
    135x10
    225x5
    225x5

Deficit Deadlift (4 inch elevation)
    225x5
    225x5
    275x5
    275x5
    325x1
    325x1
    375x0 (this was a little ambitious)
    345x1

bike sprints
    12min - HIIT (30 second intervals)

Broad jumps (jumping as far as I could go for distance)
    5 sets of 5

notes: I plan to stick with the deficits deads for a while... they feel great. I may go back tonight and hit a 10x10 squat session if I have time.

Well I can safely say that if I'd done that deadz session, going back for a 10x10 squat session would be precisely the last thing on my mind! Really strong stuff SK, and on the benching too...
    ☻/
    / \