Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    japthecrap is not very well liked. (-100) japthecrap is not very well liked. (-100) japthecrap is not very well liked. (-100) japthecrap is not very well liked. (-100) japthecrap is not very well liked. (-100) japthecrap is not very well liked. (-100) japthecrap is not very well liked. (-100) japthecrap is not very well liked. (-100) japthecrap is not very well liked. (-100) japthecrap is not very well liked. (-100) japthecrap is not very well liked. (-100)
    SumDoiGoi, I came here from Google and have read the bulk of your arguments on Starting Strength forums and on this one. Your arguments were absolutely right. I am just dumbfounded by the people who seem to defend Rippetoe, his non-existent capacity to properly grasp arguments and civilly present his. The way people were holding pitchforks for you on his forum reminded me of cult leaders and their lobotomized followers.

The centre of your argument was concerning the original study which had a little segment that said that muscular size was increased when taken to failure regardless of exercise intensity. It also mentioned that in order to make strength gains, it is better to lift heavier weights for fewer reps.

The second of your arguments was that strength can be gained without subsequent gain in muscular size. You gave an example of people new to weight lifting and how they can linearly progress on their weight training program without an equivalent share of muscular hypertrophy. You credited it to neuromuscular adaptation ie. the body learning how to properly recruit the muscles it already has.

Rippetoe failed to grasp these arguments, and went on to wildly different tangents. Instead of providing arguments, he called you names. When you confronted and paraphrased your arguments, like one should to a deprecating meathead, he went on to shift goal posts, or cry about semantics. If your comeback is "wow, I didn't even mean that by those words, you dumbass. Go read my books and see the experience I have. Who the fûck are you anyway?", you've lost your argument and credibility. Furthermore he went on to diss the physiotherapy industry comparing it to snake oil. He echoes his thoughts very clearly in this 2018 article.

www[dot]t-nation[dot]com/training/rippetoe-goes-off

In all honesty, it is 2021, and Mark Rippetoe is shît. He has some serious insecurity issues that he masquerades as machismo. Literally check out his YouTube page and the manner in which he replies to viewer questions in his 3 minute videos.

An example where someone asks about 321 training.

www[dot]youtube[dot]com/watch?v=XBe8HU_TXP8

Someone once remarked why with all the experience and expertise Mark Rippetoe claims, he hasn't created one world class athlete. I concur.

It's not 2003, people are slowly starting to open their eyes that Starting Strength is a meme program. There are better beginner programs both strength-based, hypertrophy-based, and both. As for Mark, he has made a business and trademark out of it. Training a bunch of kids his ways so they can be a "certified Starting Strength coach".

Too bad in the original discussion you did not post this 154lbs guy doing 410lbs on the bench press. That should have shut Rippetits and his one dimensional "size = strength" dogma.

www[dot]youtube[dot]com/watch?v=l84vmuuuHRg

As I said, it's 2021, there are a lot better resources now. OP, in support your original argument I am leaving this link here. I hope you find that it follows your train of thought.

www[dot]strongerbyscience[dot]com/size-vs-strength/

jaxqen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jaxqen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jaxqen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jaxqen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jaxqen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jaxqen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jaxqen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jaxqen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jaxqen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jaxqen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jaxqen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    SumDoiGoi wrote that in 8 years ago
    He is inactive on this forum for 6 years
    Still, I can't disagree with you
    I like to learn from the mistakes of the people who take my advice.

japthecrap is not very well liked. (-100) japthecrap is not very well liked. (-100) japthecrap is not very well liked. (-100) japthecrap is not very well liked. (-100) japthecrap is not very well liked. (-100) japthecrap is not very well liked. (-100) japthecrap is not very well liked. (-100) japthecrap is not very well liked. (-100) japthecrap is not very well liked. (-100) japthecrap is not very well liked. (-100) japthecrap is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by jaxqen View Post
    SumDoiGoi wrote that in 8 years ago
    He is inactive on this forum for 6 years
    Still, I can't disagree with you
    Yes, I figured. Right people need to be told that they're not alone. Especially because people were shîtting on him on this thread too. Maybe he'll see this, maybe not. But man should get credit for holding on to his own well-informed beliefs instead of simping on Rippletits and spreading their metaphoric buttcheeks wide open for his meaty barbell based workout.

Odifududix has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Odifududix has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Odifududix has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Odifududix has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Odifududix has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Odifududix has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Odifududix has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Odifududix has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Odifududix has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Odifududix has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Odifududix has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Mark Rippitits is way too close minded and is dogmatic about his beliefs. He said the trap bar deadlift is worthless which was debunked by Greg Nuckols.

On one of his latest vids, someone was running 531 but getting aches and pains. He advised him to add 5 lbs every workout and eat more despite not being an underweight individual with 200+ lb bench

https://youtu.be/XBe8HU_TXP8
    Last edited by Odifududix; 01-20-2021 at 11:02 PM.

Originally Posted by Odifududix View Post
    Mark Rippitits is way too close minded and is dogmatic about his beliefs. He said the trap bar deadlift is worthless which was debunked by Greg Nuckols.

On one of his latest vids, someone was running 531 but getting aches and pains. He advised him to add 5 lbs every workout and eat more despite not being an underweight individual with 200+ lb bench

youtu[dot]be/XBe8HU_TXP8[/url]

Good. Coincidentally, I have already linked that particular video in my original comment.

Here's another one where someone asks how to lift heavy while wearing a mask. So this goddamned idiot starts to shill out a mesh mask made by his friend. And proceeds to drink water wearing it.

www[dot]youtube[dot]com/watch?v=hOekKExR2DM

Dude really needs a reality check, and perhaps a lethal case of Covid.

Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by japthecrap View Post
    Good. Coincidentally, I have already linked that particular video in my original comment.

Here's another one where someone asks how to lift heavy while wearing a mask. So this goddamned idiot starts to shill out a mesh mask made by his friend. And proceeds to drink water wearing it.

www[dot]youtube[dot]com/watch?v=hOekKExR2DM

Dude really needs a reality check, and perhaps a lethal case of Covid.
    Wishing ill will upon someone like this is just as idiotic as the advice he tends to spew from time to time.
    My training log: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=178464441

Odifududix has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Odifududix has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Odifududix has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Odifududix has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Odifududix has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Odifududix has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Odifududix has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Odifududix has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Odifududix has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Odifududix has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Odifududix has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Anthony21 View Post
    Wishing ill will upon someone like this is just as idiotic as the advice he tends to spew from time to time.

^^^

He may not be the most likeable person, but I will admit he did make the concept of strength training more simplistic for newbies to the gym. AFAIK most people who follow the Starting Strength "cult" are just a minority.

supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Anthony21 View Post
    Ill will is that type of wishing.

BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Odifududix View Post

https://youtu.be/XBe8HU_TXP8
    I’ll say this as someone who is used to deadlifting 4+ plates on the regular, the trap bar is infinitely better IMO

No more mixed grip, only need straps for anything more than 4 plates, it puts my lower back at a better angle (I don’t squat down to the handles), using the high handles allows me to use less quad drive off the floor and more posterior (similar to a SLDL). All around I kinda fell in love with the trap bar.