110naturalfit has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 110naturalfit has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 110naturalfit has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 110naturalfit has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 110naturalfit has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 110naturalfit has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 110naturalfit has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 110naturalfit has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 110naturalfit has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 110naturalfit has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 110naturalfit has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

What or how much would you expect to pay in rent if you worked at a training studio?

Hello community,

If you where an independent contractor, then what do you think would be a fair price to pay per training session at a training studio or gym?

Would you prefer to pay a variable rate, (per training session) or would you prefer to pay a fixed flat rent? If rent how much is a fair market price?

If you are renting/training out of a studio or gym, then how much are you paying? What location are you training in?

Thank you all for taking the time to answer and provide input.

Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You should charge a flat rate for people who want to use the gym full time/ unlimited. The studio I work from does that. We pay $1400/month. Sure it's steep but given the amount sessions I have per month, I'd be paying way more.

It's better for you and better for the trainers. If you charge per session, you have to have a system in place to track the sessions, charge the sessions and a person always at the front to check people in and make sure the trainers aren't being sneaky.
    Sept of Baelor was an inside job. Wildfire can't melt stone masonry.

110naturalfit has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 110naturalfit has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 110naturalfit has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 110naturalfit has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 110naturalfit has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 110naturalfit has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 110naturalfit has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 110naturalfit has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 110naturalfit has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 110naturalfit has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 110naturalfit has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    1400 a month! Damn one of my clients was not joking when he said that people in San Francisco are looking for body transformation experts. Obviously to handle such a cost equals a lot of demand and cash flow.

I actually started out on the honor system as an independent and reported all my sessions and paid the fees without any system of control. IF I found the right people that system could be duplicated. Notice the “big” if.

Anyway, by and large I agree with you. Thanks for your input. + rep.

WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    $1400 is a great deal in a larger city. If you do the math and are charging say $60/session on average, you only need 25 sessions monthly to break even - then the rest is profit. Since you should be doing at least 100 sessions per month hopefully, you're still making 60k a year working 20-25 hours a week. Increase that to 125 sessions monthly (30 hrs/week) and you're making 72k. I've seen anything from $1000-$2500 where I live (large Canadian city). Monthly will usually be better (and less hassle) long term than per session, it just hurts more at the start while you are building.

Fims will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fims will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fims will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fims will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fims will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fims will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fims will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fims will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fims will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fims will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fims will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I've contacted a few gyms in the area on their prices. The Met-rx bodybuilding gym charges around $600 a month per trainer, and this other studio just charges you by client. $12/hr per client. The facilities are pretty nice too.

Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by 110naturalfit View Post
    1400 a month! Damn one of my clients was not joking when he said that people in San Francisco are looking for body transformation experts. Obviously to handle such a cost equals a lot of demand and cash flow.

I actually started out on the honor system as an independent and reported all my sessions and paid the fees without any system of control. IF I found the right people that system could be duplicated. Notice the “big” if.

Anyway, by and large I agree with you. Thanks for your input. + rep.
    No prob. Another reason why I'm with this place over others is that there are far fewer trainers and it's looked at as a co-op, a facility that I share and take care of with a handful of my fellow trainers. Not some place where there are 20 other trainers and I just pay them to use their facilities. I picked this place because they have a good flow of inquiries and leads coming in and they'll try to spread them out fairly (people who are new and just building their business, people who lost more than one client at once out of nowhere). If they only have a handful of trainers, it's in their best interest to take care of them and help them stay on top. The other places, the owners just take the inquires for themselves or give them to the trainers that they're friends with.

I only need to do about 20 sessions a week to break even btw. Once I get that everything else is mine, all mine. I'll never pay per session unless it's ridiculously cheap.

JulianBee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JulianBee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JulianBee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JulianBee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JulianBee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JulianBee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JulianBee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JulianBee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JulianBee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JulianBee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JulianBee is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Keltron View Post
    You should charge a flat rate for people who want to use the gym full time/ unlimited. The studio I work from does that. We pay $1400/month. Sure it's steep but given the amount sessions I have per month, I'd be paying way more.

It's better for you and better for the trainers. If you charge per session, you have to have a system in place to track the sessions, charge the sessions and a person always at the front to check people in and make sure the trainers aren't being sneaky.
    Like Keltron said flat rate is the way to go. However, the going rate around here is around $600 a month.
    IFPA/PNBA Natural Pro Bodybuilder
    P4P Muscle Sponsored Athlete
    Fitness and Nutrition Programs www.Payhip.com/JulianBrownFitness
    www.JulianBrownTraining.com
    www.********.com/Julianbrownpersonaltraining
    www.dailymotion.com/julian11453
    www.Twitter.com/Jbtraining
    www.askthetrainer.com/author/julianbrown/

So a personal trainer with high volume would prefer a fixed cost even it is high, just like an industry with high production volume. Since the high volume absorbs the cost and the rest is left to the trainer.

If you where a low volume trainer and where turned off by a high set fee, then what would be an acceptable ask price for a charge per session? (Assuming the trainer charges the avg. 60-50 per hr.)

Thanks everyone for your info and experience. + rep for all. Also more opinions and experiences regarding actual or expected rent and session charges are welcome.

JulianBee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JulianBee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JulianBee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JulianBee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JulianBee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JulianBee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JulianBee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JulianBee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JulianBee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JulianBee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JulianBee is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    So a personal trainer with high volume would prefer a fixed cost even it is high, just like an industry with high production volume. Since the high volume absorbs the cost and the rest is left to the trainer.

If you where a low volume trainer and where turned off by a high set fee, then what would be an acceptable ask price for a charge per session? (Assuming the trainer charges the avg. 60-50 per hr.)

Thanks everyone for your info and experience. + rep for all. Also more opinions and experiences regarding actual or expected rent and session charges are welcome.
    If you're doing low volume, some studios may offer you a split. Around here most studios offer a 70/30 split.
    IFPA/PNBA Natural Pro Bodybuilder
    P4P Muscle Sponsored Athlete
    Fitness and Nutrition Programs www.Payhip.com/JulianBrownFitness
    www.JulianBrownTraining.com
    www.********.com/Julianbrownpersonaltraining
    www.dailymotion.com/julian11453
    www.Twitter.com/Jbtraining
    www.askthetrainer.com/author/julianbrown/

Fims will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fims will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fims will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fims will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fims will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fims will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fims will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fims will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fims will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fims will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fims will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I pay $10 a session for my studio. Once I gain a steady income from clients that has me paying 700 a month, that's how much I'll be paying capped to remain at the studio. Look for something like this if you're just starting!

You can charge 60% of your fixed monthly fee for "part time use" and put a limit of 80 sessions/ month.

UtahTrainer is on a distinguished road. (+10) UtahTrainer is on a distinguished road. (+10) UtahTrainer is on a distinguished road. (+10) UtahTrainer is on a distinguished road. (+10) UtahTrainer is on a distinguished road. (+10) UtahTrainer is on a distinguished road. (+10) UtahTrainer is on a distinguished road. (+10) UtahTrainer is on a distinguished road. (+10) UtahTrainer is on a distinguished road. (+10) UtahTrainer is on a distinguished road. (+10) UtahTrainer is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I charge $400/month at my studio.
    www.CrossFitGoldenSpike.com
    www.********.com/CrossFitGoldenspike
    www.AmplifiedFitness.net
    www.********.com/amplifiedfitness123
    Personal Trainer Sandy Utah
    9507 South 670 West
    Owner of CrossFit Golden Spike
    Owner of Amplified Fitness

ACE Certified Personal Trainer
    CrossFit Certified Trainer
    NESTA Certified Nutrition Coach