Madmaximillion is on a distinguished road. (+10) Madmaximillion is on a distinguished road. (+10) Madmaximillion is on a distinguished road. (+10) Madmaximillion is on a distinguished road. (+10) Madmaximillion is on a distinguished road. (+10) Madmaximillion is on a distinguished road. (+10) Madmaximillion is on a distinguished road. (+10) Madmaximillion is on a distinguished road. (+10) Madmaximillion is on a distinguished road. (+10) Madmaximillion is on a distinguished road. (+10) Madmaximillion is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Question Bulking/Cutting, First Time Ever (Gained 19lbs & Counting) But Need Advice.

So I've been bulking for awhile now. i use to workout without giving much thought into my diet and never even bothered to think about bulking or cutting. Sitting at 125lbs i thought it was time to gain some weight so i started to improve my diet and started to keep track of my calories using Excel spreadsheets. Over, well about the last 4 months or so i gained 19 pounds so far, so I'm sitting at 144lbs.

Agian i am 5'6, 144lbs and my lifts (5x5)
    Stiff-leg Deadlift: 220lbs
    Overhead Press: 135lbs
    Squat: 200lbs

My goal was to get up to 155lbs before cutting and I got some questions about cutting after talking to a buddy of mine.
    He said if i cut I will lose some of my max lifts because i am on a cut, i this true?
    Also how much do I get, should I use a body fat caliper and wait tell I get within 10% bodyfat before i bulk again...or wait tell I lose 15lbs or so then bulk again? (I did gain some fat).

i just don't know how long I should bulk for and then if i just start to cut right after or maintain my weight for about 3 months or so before cutting?

Any advice you give would be much appreciated.
    “Just because we are separated by a few thousand miles, it doesn’t give us the excuse to act in ways that are not acceptable in real life."

Jmhager is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jmhager is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jmhager is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jmhager is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jmhager is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jmhager is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jmhager is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jmhager is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jmhager is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jmhager is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jmhager is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    You will lose a little strength being in a calorie deficit for an extended period simply because you won't have as much energy to expend. I have been cutting for a little over 14 weeks (almost done!) and i have lost a bit on my major lifts (EX: bench was 225x5 now can only get 3-4... not worried, it will come back up quickly during clean bulk).

As for how long to cut for, it just on how lean you want to be. I set my goal for 5-6% and used a caliper to gauge my progress (finally down to 6%, *progress pics are 3 weeks old). Setting a weight that you think you will be satisfied at isn't smart because you simply don't know how lean you will look at that weight till you get there. I thought, i would be about 6% when I cut to 178 but turns out i had to drop another 10 lbs :/ just use the mirror and calipers to decide
    EVLution Nutrition Rep

Check us out in the Store: http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/store/evlution.html

Follow Us and PM me for Free Samples:
    IG: @EVLsports & @Jmhager29
    FB: ********.com/Evlsports

Madmaximillion is on a distinguished road. (+10) Madmaximillion is on a distinguished road. (+10) Madmaximillion is on a distinguished road. (+10) Madmaximillion is on a distinguished road. (+10) Madmaximillion is on a distinguished road. (+10) Madmaximillion is on a distinguished road. (+10) Madmaximillion is on a distinguished road. (+10) Madmaximillion is on a distinguished road. (+10) Madmaximillion is on a distinguished road. (+10) Madmaximillion is on a distinguished road. (+10) Madmaximillion is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Jmhager View Post
    You will lose a little strength being in a calorie deficit for an extended period simply because you won't have as much energy to expend. I have been cutting for a little over 14 weeks (almost done!) and i have lost a bit on my major lifts (EX: bench was 225x5 now can only get 3-4... not worried, it will come back up quickly during clean bulk).

As for how long to cut for, it just on how lean you want to be. I set my goal for 5-6% and used a caliper to gauge my progress (finally down to 6%, *progress pics are 3 weeks old). Setting a weight that you think you will be satisfied at isn't smart because you simply don't know how lean you will look at that weight till you get there. I thought, i would be about 6% when I cut to 178 but turns out i had to drop another 10 lbs :/ just use the mirror and calipers to decide
    Since I don't weigh much, Should I bulk even more before I cut so that way I will weigh more before cutting time?
    “Just because we are separated by a few thousand miles, it doesn’t give us the excuse to act in ways that are not acceptable in real life."

Jmhager is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jmhager is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jmhager is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jmhager is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jmhager is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jmhager is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jmhager is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jmhager is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jmhager is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jmhager is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jmhager is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I would go ahead and continue bulking (clean), and get some more size then try a legit cut. Just my opinion
    EVLution Nutrition Rep

Check us out in the Store: http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/store/evlution.html

Follow Us and PM me for Free Samples:
    IG: @EVLsports & @Jmhager29
    FB: ********.com/Evlsports

Originally Posted by Jmhager View Post
    I would go ahead and continue bulking (clean), and get some more size then try a legit cut. Just my opinion
    Thanks, I was thinking to keep going Tell my bulk calories becomes maintains.

bump...anyone else with advice?

chameleonism is just really nice. (+1000) chameleonism is just really nice. (+1000) chameleonism is just really nice. (+1000) chameleonism is just really nice. (+1000) chameleonism is just really nice. (+1000) chameleonism is just really nice. (+1000) chameleonism is just really nice. (+1000) chameleonism is just really nice. (+1000) chameleonism is just really nice. (+1000) chameleonism is just really nice. (+1000) chameleonism is just really nice. (+1000)
    Stick with the bulk until you hit your goal of 155 and then cut after. You can use calipers to access your BF% and adjust if you need to but I can't imagine you have a high BF%.

Originally Posted by chameleonism View Post
    Stick with the bulk until you hit your goal of 155 and then cut after. You can use calipers to access your BF% and adjust if you need to but I can't imagine you have a high BF%.
    Yea your right, I don't have as much fat as others have when i seem them bulk up

SilverSpork is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SilverSpork is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SilverSpork is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SilverSpork is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SilverSpork is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SilverSpork is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SilverSpork is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SilverSpork is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SilverSpork is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SilverSpork is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SilverSpork is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I buled up to 220 lbs over the course of a year a while back, and did my one and only cut. My lifts didn't progress, they stayed the same. But, comparatively, if your lifts remains the same and you are loosing weight, you are actually getting stronger. Look at it that wat, and make it your goal. Lift heavy and get a bit more brotein.

I'm not into cutting and bulking phases anymore, as I believe its not very healthy compared to just doing a very slow lean bulk, if that's what u want to call it. I'm lean bulking for the rest of my days. Staying lean year round is much better. I'm not interested in being that big anymore. Just healthy, strong, and lean, and aesthetic. 200lbs at my current bf (10 percent) and I will be happy.

Honestly, my opinion is you should just eat sligfhtly above maint. And keep lifting and your body will respond well. Bulking and cutting isn't very appropriate for recreational lifters.

Sorry for the spelling errors, I'm on my blackberry.
    Opeth, Vai, and Lamb of God enthusiast.