Thread: comp prep

Angela_rack has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

comp prep

Hi guys
    i am aming to compete in my first sports model comp in september. Im a personaltrainer but comps are not my forte and would like some advice on prep from ppl with experience.
    i currently do lots of weighttraining mostly functional and crossfit. i lost all my post preggo weight and maintain on whole food primal type diet i eat high protien and high fat but limited grain and carbs. According to the scale bf is about 22 percent and id like to put on alot more muscle. i know the basic but would like something alotmore structured.

i trained for a comp years ago and remember doing sprints everyday and eating extremely lowcarb and fat.
    i guess my question is how far out do i add in the hiit and lower the carbs and fats. i dont wanna crash and burn like last time?
    angpt

big lew is just really nice. (+1000) big lew is just really nice. (+1000) big lew is just really nice. (+1000) big lew is just really nice. (+1000) big lew is just really nice. (+1000) big lew is just really nice. (+1000) big lew is just really nice. (+1000) big lew is just really nice. (+1000) big lew is just really nice. (+1000) big lew is just really nice. (+1000) big lew is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Angela_rack View Post
    Hi guys
    i am aming to compete in my first sports model comp in september. Im a personaltrainer but comps are not my forte and would like some advice on prep from ppl with experience.
    i currently do lots of weighttraining mostly functional and crossfit. i lost all my post preggo weight and maintain on whole food primal type diet i eat high protien and high fat but limited grain and carbs. According to the scale bf is about 22 percent and id like to put on alot more muscle. i know the basic but would like something alotmore structured.

i trained for a comp years ago and remember doing sprints everyday and eating extremely lowcarb and fat.
    i guess my question is how far out do i add in the hiit and lower the carbs and fats. i dont wanna crash and burn like last time?
    I would post pics of your current conditioning. That would determine where you need to start for prep. You're roughly 16 weeks out, so I'd say you have plenty of time. Personally, I like clients to let the diet to most of the work. That means keeping cardio to a minimum. The less cardio you have to do, the more muscle is spared.
    Also, unless you stop losing fat, I wouldn't be overly concerned with just dropping carbs. At the end of the day, carbs are muscle sparing and the caloric deficit will get you close enough to make final adjustments for the show later in prep.
    Max Fit Consulting
    Contest Prep Coaching

Certified Personal Trainer- NCSF
    Sports Nutrition -NCSF
    Certified Personal Trainer- AFFA