bentodd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question 1st comp 7 weeks out: critique & sugestions please!!!

As of 4/28, I'm 7 weeks out from my 1st competition, and I'm feeling doubtful about actually registering. i'm 5'11" 186, 45 min cardio daily (only for 2 weeks thus far), abs every other day, very low carbs (appx 50g/day), 1-2 gallon H20/day, very patient wife I just got back in the gym around thanksgiving but i've been consistant. For my 1st show i'm not trying to blow the competition away; just want to have fun, learn, and at least look like i belong on stage. The pics aren't that good but it's what i have right now. 1 is relaxed front, other is flexed abs n bi. Should I keep on the path and compete in 7 weeks, or should I just wait til next year and return to bulking phase? Thanks for input! (profile pic is from last summer, not current)
    Attached Images

ps: according to my scale, i'm 17%bf
    Originally Posted by bentodd View Post
    As of 4/28, I'm 7 weeks out from my 1st competition, and I'm feeling doubtful about actually registering. i'm 5'11" 186, 45 min cardio daily (only for 2 weeks thus far), abs every other day, very low carbs (appx 50g/day), 1-2 gallon H20/day, very patient wife I just got back in the gym around thanksgiving but i've been consistant. For my 1st show i'm not trying to blow the competition away; just want to have fun, learn, and at least look like i belong on stage. The pics aren't that good but it's what i have right now. 1 is relaxed front, other is flexed abs n bi. Should I keep on the path and compete in 7 weeks, or should I just wait til next year and return to bulking phase? Thanks for input! (profile pic is from last summer, not current)

burnstacp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) burnstacp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) burnstacp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) burnstacp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) burnstacp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) burnstacp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) burnstacp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) burnstacp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) burnstacp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) burnstacp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) burnstacp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    You should wait. You should be hard into single digits when you compete and at 17% that's Almost two pounds a week just to get to borderline. Also what show out of curiosity?

Originally Posted by burnstacp View Post
    You should wait. You should be hard into single digits when you compete and at 17% that's Almost two pounds a week just to get to borderline. Also what show out of curiosity?
    Red stick in baton rouge. I was going to start with something a little smaller for my first show but the it's in 2 weeks & I knew for sure I didn't have time

thundarr666 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thundarr666 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thundarr666 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thundarr666 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thundarr666 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thundarr666 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thundarr666 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thundarr666 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thundarr666 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thundarr666 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thundarr666 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    put it off a bit more duders, i'd say eat up being 5'11 you'll need to fill out. with your height you need some size to win the show, but if you're doing it for fun go for it

db2012 is just really nice. (+1000) db2012 is just really nice. (+1000) db2012 is just really nice. (+1000) db2012 is just really nice. (+1000) db2012 is just really nice. (+1000) db2012 is just really nice. (+1000) db2012 is just really nice. (+1000) db2012 is just really nice. (+1000) db2012 is just really nice. (+1000) db2012 is just really nice. (+1000) db2012 is just really nice. (+1000)
    If you want to become a better athlete I suggest you just go on with the show. 7 weeks is a long time I've went form 18% to 4.5% in 6 weeks & 2 days (44 days) in the past, but you really have to go hard/strict. I was doing dual cardio the entire time also 6x/week AM fasted & PM with a hybrid carb cycling / keto diet I created (ccKeto). I wouldn't suggest going too crazy and burn yourself out, rather do as much as you can handle so you can learn from the experience. You'll take away a lot of valuable information to help better prepare you for your next show. I usually recommend at least 12 Ideally 16 weeks out for your first show and to stive to get near your target body fat around 4 weeks out. I think you still have time to come in looking good if you give it 100%. Also don't use any scale for body fat it's not going to be accurate and if anything misleading. Try to find someone with a good set of calipers & experience who can test you each time for the sake of consistency. Next show I would suggest utilizing a method such as DEXA, BodPod, or Hydro-static at the start of your prep and potentially again with about 5-6 weeks left.
    *Muscle-Tech & Vitargo Sponsored*
    - www.ApexDiets.com - Online Personal Training - Designing Customized Workouts, Diets, Meal Plans, Cardio, Core, and Supplement routines with Unlimited Support since 2002
    - Email: Dave@ApexContestPrep.com

Originally Posted by thundarr666 View Post
    put it off a bit more duders, i'd say eat up being 5'11 you'll need to fill out. with your height you need some size to win the show, but if you're doing it for fun go for it
    I def agree about the size thing for my height. I was 165 last aug & starting around thanksgiving wrked my way up to 196 b/f starting to cut down. I was told for my height 185-190 would b ideal for comp day. If I go I'll b small but hard wrk is easier with such a substantial goal

Originally Posted by db2012 View Post
    If you want to become a better athlete I suggest you just go on with the show. 7 weeks is a long time I've went form 18% to 4.5% in 6 weeks & 2 days (44 days) in the past, but you really have to go hard/strict. I was doing dual cardio the entire time also 6x/week AM fasted & PM with a hybrid carb cycling / keto diet I created (ccKeto). I wouldn't suggest going too crazy and burn yourself out, rather do as much as you can handle so you can learn from the experience. You'll take away a lot of valuable information to help better prepare you for your next show. I usually recommend at least 12 Ideally 16 weeks out for your first show and to stive to get near your target body fat around 4 weeks out. I think you still have time to come in looking good if you give it 100%. Also don't use any scale for body fat it's not going to be accurate and if anything misleading. Try to find someone with a good set of calipers & experience who can test you each time for the sake of consistency. Next show I would suggest utilizing a method such as DEXA, BodPod, or Hydro-static at the start of your prep and potentially again with about 5-6 weeks left.
    Thanks db. Your wrds r informative and encouraging. I'm running in hi gear til the end my expectations of this experience r enjoyment, fulfillment & education

thundarr666 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thundarr666 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thundarr666 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thundarr666 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thundarr666 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thundarr666 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thundarr666 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thundarr666 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thundarr666 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thundarr666 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thundarr666 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I def agree about the size thing for my height. I was 165 last aug & starting around thanksgiving wrked my way up to 196 b/f starting to cut down. I was told for my height 185-190 would b ideal for comp day. If I go I'll b small but hard wrk is easier with such a substantial goal
    good goal brah same stats this was in october 2011. 5'11 186 3-4% bf this was at the nightshow. After prejudge I had mongolian bbq, subway, and a mother fuqin cinnabon. fed up with dieting

Last edited by thundarr666; 05-05-2012 at 01:04 AM. Reason: night show pics

as mentioned the original pics weren't that good. these are from 5/4:
    Attached Images

erydrattatist has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Visit up Spectacular dresses

Find Smashing dresses, crystaldresses com/2012-prom-dresses_c1]evening dress, crystaldresses com/2012-wedding-dresses_c820]wedding dresses, crystaldresses com/2012-prom-dresses_c1]prom dress and more in our Online store Exclusively designed from an award triumphant boutique inventor brand- crystaldresses com]bianfeng blending dress Visit the website to look at!!