johnypogo is not very well liked. (-100) johnypogo is not very well liked. (-100) johnypogo is not very well liked. (-100) johnypogo is not very well liked. (-100) johnypogo is not very well liked. (-100) johnypogo is not very well liked. (-100) johnypogo is not very well liked. (-100) johnypogo is not very well liked. (-100) johnypogo is not very well liked. (-100) johnypogo is not very well liked. (-100) johnypogo is not very well liked. (-100)

bar rolling down my back on squats.

i've been on starting strength for about a month and a half and for the last month i've switched to doing low bar squats as opposed to olympic squats. my working weight has gone up 40 pounds since i switched but my form is beginning to break on my upper body. The bar positioning has put alot of strain on my elbows and shoulders, so much that it's ruining my ability to bench press. I've done my best to rest the weight on my rear delts and keep the pressure off my wrists/elbows/shoulders but the bar always seems to come dismantled and rolling due to my upper body bending forward a bit as I near failure.

I'm keeping my back tight as I can, maybe not enough?

also, this pain in my shoulders/elbows leaves as soon as i'm done lifting. should I take a week off maybe? or deload?

Likes rusty spoons RainingBlood's Avatar
    RainingBlood has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) RainingBlood has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) RainingBlood has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) RainingBlood has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) RainingBlood has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) RainingBlood has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) RainingBlood has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) RainingBlood has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) RainingBlood has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) RainingBlood has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) RainingBlood has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    http://stronglifts.com/shoulders-dislocations/
    Shoulder pain when doing low bar indicates you've got something tight in your shoulders. Shoulder dislocations DO work. Also, you might be placing the bar too low. Place the bar on an area where it feels like it can almost slip, but won't.
    Go thumbless grip when squatting. People who wrap their thumbs around the bar place stress on their wrists, ESPECIALLY when low bar squatting. The upper back shouldn't round as long as you keep your chest puffed out, shoulders back, and abs tight.
    Shoulder dislocations will fix shoulder and pec flexibility problems.
    Last but not least, maybe you aren't just cut out for low bars.
    Traphouse Vibes

johnypogo is not very well liked. (-100) johnypogo is not very well liked. (-100) johnypogo is not very well liked. (-100) johnypogo is not very well liked. (-100) johnypogo is not very well liked. (-100) johnypogo is not very well liked. (-100) johnypogo is not very well liked. (-100) johnypogo is not very well liked. (-100) johnypogo is not very well liked. (-100) johnypogo is not very well liked. (-100) johnypogo is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by RainingBlood View Post
    http://stronglifts.com/shoulders-dislocations/
    Shoulder pain when doing low bar indicates you've got something tight in your shoulders. Shoulder dislocations DO work. Also, you might be placing the bar too low. Place the bar on an area where it feels like it can almost slip, but won't.
    Go thumbless grip when squatting. People who wrap their thumbs around the bar place stress on their wrists.
    I can't thank you enough.

Likes rusty spoons RainingBlood's Avatar
    RainingBlood has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) RainingBlood has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) RainingBlood has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) RainingBlood has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) RainingBlood has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) RainingBlood has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) RainingBlood has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) RainingBlood has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) RainingBlood has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) RainingBlood has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) RainingBlood has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by johnypogo View Post
    I can't thank you enough.
    Happy to help!
    If you have any more problems, hit up the "how to squat" section on the stronglifts site. The site has GREAT information about form and it helped me tons when learning the big 3.
    Traphouse Vibes

Lifting to Avoid COVID-19 PeterGibbons316's Avatar
    PeterGibbons316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PeterGibbons316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PeterGibbons316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PeterGibbons316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PeterGibbons316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PeterGibbons316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PeterGibbons316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PeterGibbons316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PeterGibbons316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PeterGibbons316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PeterGibbons316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    If the bar is rolling down your back you have it too low. On the SS site Rippetoe has a "platform" video on gripping the bar - watch that.
    My Journal (RIP 05/11 - 09/13):
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=134256491

DIY Plyo Boxes:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=151765733