shanbro has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) shanbro has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) shanbro has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) shanbro has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) shanbro has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) shanbro has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) shanbro has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) shanbro has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) shanbro has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Unhappy palms hurt like hell while benching

been doing 30kg db press ea arm for a while and now currently moved to 35kg ea arm(can do 8 clean reps).

but palms are starting to hurt like fuarrrkkkkkkkkkkkk, mostly halfway up from the wrist. wrists arent hurting, just palms. i tried using lifting gloves.... no difference. what to do?

forever30kgeacharm.jpg

c24lamp is not very well liked. (-100) c24lamp is not very well liked. (-100) c24lamp is not very well liked. (-100) c24lamp is not very well liked. (-100) c24lamp is not very well liked. (-100) c24lamp is not very well liked. (-100) c24lamp is not very well liked. (-100) c24lamp is not very well liked. (-100) c24lamp is not very well liked. (-100) c24lamp is not very well liked. (-100) c24lamp is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by shanbro View Post
    been doing 30kg db press ea arm for a while and now currently moved to 35kg ea arm(can do 8 clean reps).

but palms are starting to hurt like fuarrrkkkkkkkkkkkk, mostly halfway up from the wrist. wrists arent hurting, just palms. i tried using lifting gloves.... no difference. what to do?

forever30kgeacharm.jpg
    you can try using the training pads/sponges. eventually your palms will get used to it. i know i had a bit of pain at first, but quickly adapted

renferos will become famous soon enough. (+50) renferos will become famous soon enough. (+50) renferos will become famous soon enough. (+50) renferos will become famous soon enough. (+50) renferos will become famous soon enough. (+50) renferos will become famous soon enough. (+50) renferos will become famous soon enough. (+50) renferos will become famous soon enough. (+50) renferos will become famous soon enough. (+50) renferos will become famous soon enough. (+50) renferos will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    dude are you sure you are holding the bar correctly you shouldn't be putting weight on your palms at all. you probably have your wrist bent backward. Not only will this ruin your forearm tendons but it could make your palms sore as you stated. work on your grip.
    I wanna be the very best
    Like no one ever was
    To catch them is my real test
    To train them is my cause

I will travel across the land
    Searching far and wide
    Each Pokemon to understand
    The power that's inside

c24lamp is not very well liked. (-100) c24lamp is not very well liked. (-100) c24lamp is not very well liked. (-100) c24lamp is not very well liked. (-100) c24lamp is not very well liked. (-100) c24lamp is not very well liked. (-100) c24lamp is not very well liked. (-100) c24lamp is not very well liked. (-100) c24lamp is not very well liked. (-100) c24lamp is not very well liked. (-100) c24lamp is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by renferos View Post
    dude are you sure you are holding the bar correctly you shouldn't be putting weight on your palms at all. you probably have your wrist bent backward. Not only will this ruin your forearm tendons but it could make your palms sore as you stated. work on your grip.
    i agree, but just because you feel pain in your palms does not mean you are holding the bar incorrectly. it all depends on the individual. i do agree that your wrists should not be bent backwards since it can lead to injuries..

Registered User everythingsimpl's Avatar
    everythingsimpl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I get this once in a while doing military presses myself. There is a nerve that runs through the base of your palm/wrist area. I had to change my grip because my hand would fall asleep when the weight got heavy. Mess around with the grip until you find something that doesn't hurt
    everythingsimplebutwell.com

shanbro has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) shanbro has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) shanbro has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) shanbro has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) shanbro has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) shanbro has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) shanbro has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) shanbro has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) shanbro has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by everythingsimpl View Post
    I get this once in a while doing military presses myself. There is a nerve that runs through the base of your palm/wrist area. I had to change my grip because my hand would fall asleep when the weight got heavy. Mess around with the grip until you find something that doesn't hurt
    this!

yeah sometimes i feel that nerve all the way from my palm to my forearms. feels weird ... and painful!

edit: but my whole lower half of my palm hurts, every cm square doubt changing grip would help..

Bentmiles has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bentmiles has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bentmiles has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bentmiles has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bentmiles has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bentmiles has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bentmiles has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bentmiles has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bentmiles has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bentmiles has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bentmiles has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Palm Pain After Bench Press

Originally Posted by shanbro View Post
    this!

yeah sometimes i feel that nerve all the way from my palm to my forearms. feels weird ... and painful!

edit: but the whole lower half of my palm hurts, every cm square doubt changing grip would help..
    At 64 years old, I used to bench 305 lbs.. Now at 72, my palms hurt so much that I had to stop lifting. That was about a year ago. If I lift in the 200 range up to 280 multiple reps or even lower weight, my hands hurt all the time. I'm thinking it may be because I have lost so much muscle in my hands.

However, I never lift without gloves and I use fat gripz to disperse the weight. That may help you as well.
    lloyd

BenMcLeodNZ is a name known to all. (+5000) BenMcLeodNZ is a name known to all. (+5000) BenMcLeodNZ is a name known to all. (+5000) BenMcLeodNZ is a name known to all. (+5000) BenMcLeodNZ is a name known to all. (+5000) BenMcLeodNZ is a name known to all. (+5000) BenMcLeodNZ is a name known to all. (+5000) BenMcLeodNZ is a name known to all. (+5000) BenMcLeodNZ is a name known to all. (+5000) BenMcLeodNZ is a name known to all. (+5000) BenMcLeodNZ is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Suicide grip, just don't be an idiot about it.