Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000) BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000) BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000) BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000) BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000) BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000) BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000) BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000) BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000) BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000) BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000)
    @sakustoms. No you don't man. honestly. I was an idiot to begin with. The first photo was taken in June. Prior to that I'd done jack fitness or food-wise. In June, I started doing some manual labour around my folks' farm. But it wasn't until September that I decided to get fit. I started out dieting and swimming. Weight lifting, I was a total mess. Bicep curling half a dozen times a day, a few military presses, no squats, deadlifts, didn't even own a bench. I had no clue. Then through Google, I found the Fat to Fit thread in the photos section and that really motivated me. That's when I started lifting properly.
    But I was eating at a huge calorie deficit. Way too big. My first post here was made when I plateaued and wanted advice. I took the advice and then, like a twat, cut my calories too low again. It wasn't until about January that I really sorted myself out and started doing everything properly.
    Losing that fast has left me with quite a large amount of loose skin. I also reckon that if I'd have gone slower, I could have salvaged a lot more muscle. Now I've got to build that back up and then just pray that the skin will tighten. Ironically, I now spend most of my time on these boards in the Nutrition and Losing Fat sections advising people to do exactly the opposite of what I did.
    I look back and think, but for patience, I probably could have done a far better job. That's why I'd say to you that you don't want to be making progress that fast. If I knew then what I know now, I certainly would have slowed it down.
    Still. No point whining. I am what I am. And like I said in my post up there - if you'd offered me those photos of me today when I looked like that in June, I'd have taken your hand off.

Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by ljimd View Post
    I've been at it a while. Still learning.

19 years old

42 years old

63 years old

Inspired. Very well done, and a heck of a track record.

Finally accused of juicin Corbi's Avatar
    Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I've been at it a while. Still learning.

19 years old

42 years old

63 years old
    Nicely done! On spread unfortunately.
    "You know that little thing in your head that keeps you from saying things you shouldn't? Yeah, well, I don't have one of those."

hammerfelt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hammerfelt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hammerfelt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hammerfelt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hammerfelt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hammerfelt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hammerfelt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hammerfelt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hammerfelt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hammerfelt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hammerfelt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I'll give both talk and walk:

I wrote this in the fall of 2008

"The Karact Act"

Laying in the emergency room, alone. Tears streaming down my face.

The nurse walks in, asks me if I am crying. “Yes”, Nurse asks why. I am so choked up I can barely speak. I have to concentrate entirely on my breathing just so I could speak one word.

“Realization.”

Waking up Tuesday morning I had chest pains. Pains I have certainly felt more, maybe a little more intense, just another one of those anxiety attacks. The pain continued through the morning, and expanded to include my right arm. I let those I work with know of this discomfort, they suggested I go to the Dr, I shrugged it off, but thanked them for my concern. This pain did feel different than what I am used to experience. A little paranoia set in. I finally decided to go to the Dr. I went to a Prima Care place. When you tell them you are having chest pains, there is no line to wait for. You are rushed right in. No forms to fill out or insurance to check.

The Dr. came in immediately, began asking me questions. The pain in addition had spread to my throat/jaw area and my tongue felt swollen. He said these are not the symptoms of a heart attack, the pain if any where would be on my left side. He asked for my insurance card at this time. I gave it to him. His assistant returned shortly saying they did not take my insurance. He said to be safe they would give me an EKG. I asked how much it would cost. He said it would be free. The EKG looked perfect. The nurse performing the procedure exclaimed I was sweating a lot. The Dr. let me know if the pain continued I should see my regular Dr. I thanked him and left.

In retrospect the insurance card was my fault. I cleaned out my wallet a couple of weeks ago, kept my outdated health card in my wallet and threw my current one of the floorboard of the truck.

I returned to work, but was having trouble concentrating. My boss told me to take the rest of the day off so I did.

The next morning the pain was still there. It had now in fact also moved to my left arm. I went to work was doing alright for most of the morning. One thing I will never forget is a problem brought to me by a couple of managers. One of my developers gave them an answer that what they were asking for could not be done. Considering we work in software there is rarely anything that cannot be done. Within 3-5 minutes of them asking they had their report, exactly what they wanted. I say this to say the mind is more powerful than any other part of our body. With determination we can overcome any obstacle, if the desire is there. “As a man thinketh in his heart so is he...” The irony of Solomon’s word will become apparent.

I began thinking “Anxiety attacks do not last over 24hrs.” I was taking Altace, a medication for high blood pressure. I was also taking other supplements that suggested they should not be taken with Ace inhibitors, which Altace is. I began to worry more about this. My arms now were hurting bad enough it was hard to type. I looked up the side effects to Altace on the internet and found I had many of these side effects. I called my Dr. and they arranged for me to see the Physician’s Assistant.

Upon arriving they took ,my blood pressure 166/98. Very high considering I am medication for High Blood pressure. I gave her my symptoms. They did another EKG, looked fine. Took my blood pressure it was now down in the 140’s/90’s. They thought I could be having GI problems, prescribed me Prilosec and Xantac. They did take my blood and sent it to be tested. They said if my blood pressure would not have dropped they would have sent me to the ER then.

I went home after picking up the meds as it was late in the day. Once home I developed a fever as the evening wore on. My son said I looked horrible and flush. I went to bed to ride out the fever. By morning the fever broke and I felt pretty good. I went to work, was feeling great and doing fine.

About 1:00 o’clock or so my Dr’s office called and asked how fast I could get to the hospital. They asked if I could drive, I said I could. My blood results came back, they let me know that I am having a heart attack. I thought the ordeal was over. This ordeal will never be over.

Laying in the emergency room, alone. Tears streaming down my face…To make sure the diagnosis was correct ER took my blood again, it only took 45 minutes for them to verify I had a heart attack. They informed me I would be admitted once they had the room ready.

“Realization” That was the only word I could say. I wanted to say I am here alone, my wife is on vacation in Missouri, my daughter was at work not be able to bring my son here until almost midnight. I was too scared to call anyone but wife to let her know what happened. She would not be able to make it there until Friday. I asked her to call my parents but she did not, probably for the same reason I did not call them. It’s just not something you want to talk about.

Friday around noon I got the heart cath. All things considered I was very lucky, one blocked artery. No stints, one balloon. The blocked artery was going to the back of the heart, the reason it was not showing on the EKG.

Salt, sugar, caffeine, and excess weight. These things must now become foreign to me.

I finally called my parents after I knew everything was okay.

I started walking around the hospital floor as soon as they would let me. I discovered I was on a cardiac floor. Observing the other patients on the floor and after inquiring I found I was the youngest person on the floor.

All the causes people walk for, I found the one the matters most of all.

Walk for life.

I thought of Forest Gump as I walked the floor for hours, if only I had magic shoes…

I got to return home on Sunday and begin my new life. The life I was allowed to keep. My old life has been left behind. I now have struggles that I am newly aware of that I knew I had before, but a heart attack has a way of getting your attention, unlike anything else.

Upon returning to work I received many hugs and you find out how much you really matter to people. One of the rare opportunities where everyone lets their guard down.

Hindsight, yeah, its 20/20.

The Prima-care place and my Dr’s office could not diagnose my heart attack. It took a blood test. There was no elephant sitting on my chest as it was suggested there should be if I was having a heart attack. When I got home I went straight to my cupboard filled with cookbooks. There are also some health books in there. I pulled out several books so I could find out what I can eat. One of the books is titled “Prescription for Nutritional Healing” I looked up heart attack. I had all the non normal symptoms of a heart attack, what the professionals I visited seemed unable to diagnose was spelled out in black and white in a book sitting in my cupboard.

I have started cardiac rehab, three times a week for six weeks and walk a lot. My diet has completely changed. I am not following AMA recommendations however, but rather the Atkins Diet, the only thing I can seem to lose weight on. We will see how I do. (I am doing very well) It’s hard to be depressed when you are losing weight.

I tell this story for education. So others can gain knowledge through my experience. Simplest of discomfort can be a monster growing inside ready to attack. What if I would have just discounted my pain. It was over on Thursday, if I did not have that blood test, I might not be typing this. If I have learned anything it is not everyone knows everything or even close to it. Do whatever it takes to make sure your health it running at 100%.

Accomplishments can be looked at in many ways. Running the fastest, jumping the highest, selling/settling the most. Other times accomplishments can be much more personal. I won’t get a trophy for my accomplishment, surviving a heart attack, but I have gained so much more.

Last Father’s day(2008) I was at Lake Lewisville with friends Barbequing and enjoying a day on the lake on a boat. Shortly after I got there my wife gave me a big hug and said she was happy that I am still here. I said I was too.

That was one of the happiest days of my life.
    ---

Nov 2011

billb7581 is just really nice. (+1000) billb7581 is just really nice. (+1000) billb7581 is just really nice. (+1000) billb7581 is just really nice. (+1000) billb7581 is just really nice. (+1000) billb7581 is just really nice. (+1000) billb7581 is just really nice. (+1000) billb7581 is just really nice. (+1000) billb7581 is just really nice. (+1000) billb7581 is just really nice. (+1000) billb7581 is just really nice. (+1000)
    I have some 1 and 2 month in pics in my journal. Got reps across in my last cycle so I bumped all my weights up 10 percent yesterday... 30 percent higher on all my lifts since January. I'm starting to see a little arm definition that wasnt there before, but of course it's all on the bottom part, biceps not so much LOL, and the beginnings of some traps

Mirin my tile job on the backsplash?

Last edited by billb7581; 04-23-2012 at 06:59 AM.

ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by billb7581 View Post
    I have some 1 and 2 month in pics in my journal. Got reps across in my last cycle so I bumped all my weights up 10 percent yesterday... 30 percent higher on all my lifts since January. I'm starting to see a little arm definition that wasnt there before, but of course it's all on the bottom part, biceps not so much LOL.

Mirin my tile job on the backsplash?

You look better now than you did a few weeks ago. Obviously doing some work.

greenz

NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I'm gonna do something different, John. You guys and gals have seen my lifting enough.

These two sisters are some of the young Olympic lifters I coach. The taller one 14 and the younger one is 12. This was a few months back. They're actually a bit stronger and more powerful now. The 14-year-old can now front squat 100-lbs ATG.

This above all..
    To thine ownself be true..
    And it must follow, as the night the day..
    Thou can'st not then be false to any man..
    -----------------------------------------------
    Bros, my Weightlifters and Powerlifters are my credentials.

billb7581 is just really nice. (+1000) billb7581 is just really nice. (+1000) billb7581 is just really nice. (+1000) billb7581 is just really nice. (+1000) billb7581 is just really nice. (+1000) billb7581 is just really nice. (+1000) billb7581 is just really nice. (+1000) billb7581 is just really nice. (+1000) billb7581 is just really nice. (+1000) billb7581 is just really nice. (+1000) billb7581 is just really nice. (+1000)
    You look better now than you did a few weeks ago. Obviously doing some work.

greenz
    Thanks. I'm getting much stronger so I hope I start to look like I lift here soon. Trying to get my diet dialed in is an ongoing process so that's why my results arent that great. Going ot the gym is the easy part IMO.
    Last edited by billb7581; 04-23-2012 at 07:23 AM.

2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by dazlittle View Post
    Started at 210, dieted down to 186 backup up to 224 in the photo below (still a newby at a little over 2 years). Progress is slow but I'm not stopping. Not happy with my conditioning but I'm working on gaining size so eating at a surplus at the moment.

Excellent progress!
    David

Black Sunday is just really nice. (+1000) Black Sunday is just really nice. (+1000) Black Sunday is just really nice. (+1000) Black Sunday is just really nice. (+1000) Black Sunday is just really nice. (+1000) Black Sunday is just really nice. (+1000) Black Sunday is just really nice. (+1000) Black Sunday is just really nice. (+1000) Black Sunday is just really nice. (+1000) Black Sunday is just really nice. (+1000) Black Sunday is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by JerryB View Post
    I use the posts as a source of information and exchange of ideas. If one wants to display their progress and achievements that’s good too. I can learn about the muscular system and nutrition from someone who never weight trained and apply the knowledge to my weight training. That’s a better use of my time in a post than strictly looking at personal achievements…especially when someone states I got this way with nonsense like muscle confusion or some other broscience. So I’m not going to knock individuals coming to the forum with equations and links to studies because I do the same. But again it’s good to give a “good job” for the hard work to someone. Personally I prefer valid information regardless if you weight train or not.
    I'm with you. I've been lifting a long time, plenty of trial and error. I'm not as well read on the subject as most new trainers who grew up in the information age. If someone can point me in the direction of what I'm looking for, or just something new and interesting, I really don't care what he looks like or how long he's been training. Information is information. Personal achievement is something else. I'm not into competing, my goals are probably different than most, so i never felt compelled to put up any pictures and with 242 posts in five years, I'm certainly not looking to join the good old boy network

I'll play, though i don't have very many pictures.

Circa 1985 give or take a few years, around thirty years old, summer was always fun time, beach eery day, swimming, running, fishing, partying, lifting took a back seat, didn't hit the weights hard in the summer.

Fiftieth birthday party July 04, three and a half months out of surgery and a month and a half after my last round of chemo. maybe a buck seventy, just started some light workouts. You'll have to take my word on the cancer. I do realize some people lie about that stuff and while i do have a picture of my excised colon, it ain't going up on this site

More surgery in the summer of 05, incisional hernia due to the first operation. I worked with it for over a year and trained with it as well, though not heavy. Hell a good sneeze and my guts could have ended up on the gym floor.

Summer of 07managed to stay out of surgery, but not out of the hospital, put on some weight, legs lacking due to the athritis, shoulders and arms need some work, still trying to figure out what to do as I can't press heavy and repetitive stuff just irritates the hell out of them.

Sept 09 about eight weeks out of hip surgery. PT and walking only. Those are my implants. Two weeks in the hospital and nursing home. It seems to take me a pretty long time to normalize. Bowels seem very sluggish so they start me later on solid food and I really take it easy after I'm released. It sucks but I seem to lose about ten pounds after each one.

No recent pictures, a few more injuries, knee surgery in dec of 09 bi lateral meniscus, bicep tear and infraspinatus tear in dec of 2010. Have managed to put on some weight put to 195, trying some different things. No gym right now looking for a new one, mine folded at the beginning of the month
    Attached Images
    Handle every situation like a dog ....
    If you can't Eat it or Screw it ,
    Piss on it and Walk Away.

Rocky3540 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rocky3540 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rocky3540 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rocky3540 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rocky3540 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rocky3540 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rocky3540 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rocky3540 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rocky3540 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rocky3540 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rocky3540 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Posting pics from iphone, i dont get it and i am rarely on my computer. My most recent is my profile pic. My Videos are all over this place. Namely in the contest portions. Nice post.
    As i get older I am realizing i have to get while the gettings good. I can put stats and PR's up here all day long. But, the main concepts with my workouts....
    1. GO BIG OR GO HOME.
    2. FORM IS EVERYTHING
    3. BREATHE.

Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by IronCharles View Post
    Name one respected bodybuilding coach who doesn't have at least a picture of how he looks, or used to look like. This isn't football we're talking about, here. In fact, many don't even consider bodybuilding to be a sport.

Lots of anonymous "coaches" here without proof of the efficacy of their teachings.
    While that's true, there are a some people who participate in various sports who give nutritional advice and exercise advice based on performance. Some of it's - by nature - academic, and some of it's from personal experience with quite a bit of theory applied, especially when you get into the area of kinesiology and synergy to produce maximum effort in an athlete.

I for one try to make it clear that when I share information, it's not bodybuilding in nature. But for what it's worth here's an instructional video I created to accompany one of my articles on how to "cheat" your way to a heavier kettlebell.

"Blessed be the Lord my rock, who trains my hands for war and my fingers for battle." - Psalm 144:1

Also, taxation is theft.

tobymax123 is a name known to all. (+5000) tobymax123 is a name known to all. (+5000) tobymax123 is a name known to all. (+5000) tobymax123 is a name known to all. (+5000) tobymax123 is a name known to all. (+5000) tobymax123 is a name known to all. (+5000) tobymax123 is a name known to all. (+5000) tobymax123 is a name known to all. (+5000) tobymax123 is a name known to all. (+5000) tobymax123 is a name known to all. (+5000) tobymax123 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Interesting thread. I can hardly believe someone would get banned for bringing up such a topic.

As for coaches, I don't know about bodybuilding coaches, but there sure as hell are a lot of "trainers" who are in bad shape. And from various contest prep videos I've seen, it seems like the posing coaches are usually not bodybuilders themselves. But as a gymnast from age 6 or 7 until 19, my coaches were always accomplished gymnasts.

Anyway, I understand some people don't want to put half-clothed pictures of themselves out on the Internet. But as stated in the OP, if they're going to come here and give advise, they probably ought to "put up or shut up" and show us that they take their own advise and that it works. I've probably been guilty of doing that, having posted advise from articles that I've read that I may not have necessarily tried myself, but I always state that it's something I read.

I do have pics posted in bodyspace, which I think show noticeable improvements in the past year since I started getting inspiration by hanging out at this forum more often.

kjake55 is just really nice. (+1000) kjake55 is just really nice. (+1000) kjake55 is just really nice. (+1000) kjake55 is just really nice. (+1000) kjake55 is just really nice. (+1000) kjake55 is just really nice. (+1000) kjake55 is just really nice. (+1000) kjake55 is just really nice. (+1000) kjake55 is just really nice. (+1000) kjake55 is just really nice. (+1000) kjake55 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Before (at 30 sumptin)...

<<<------ After (see avi - at 40 sumptin)

I like being 40 sumptin better! and I post videos in my journal all the time.
    You have to train your mind the same way you train your body. You must protect it against the negative and feed it with the positive. Be mindful of what you watch, what you read and who you allow to influence you. Learn to consider your thoughts emotions and actions. Trust your gut face your fears head on and never quit. AJ Roberts

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=143102443

drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    @hammerfelt aka norman - Great job. Thanks for sharing your story. Truly inspirational and I'm glad you're still here. Reps when I'm off spread.
    B: 285
    S: 375
    D: 555

litljay has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) litljay has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) litljay has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) litljay has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) litljay has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) litljay has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) litljay has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) litljay has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) litljay has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) litljay has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) litljay has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    These are in my BS too, but some progress:

Before:

A couple months ago:

I've also got some lifting vids in my journal.

NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Marius_Ursus View Post
    While that's true, there are a some people who participate in various sports who give nutritional advice and exercise advice based on performance. Some of it's - by nature - academic, and some of it's from personal experience with quite a bit of theory applied, especially when you get into the area of kinesiology and synergy to produce maximum effort in an athlete.

I for one try to make it clear that when I share information, it's not bodybuilding in nature. But for what it's worth here's an instructional video I created to accompany one of my articles on how to "cheat" your way to a heavier kettlebell.

If you’ve never tried KB, I will tell you guys and gals that Marius’ vid doesn’t do the seemingly and deceptively easy-and-simple-looking KB movements justice. Marius is my KB e-coach and mentor and these lifts are just as freakin’ difficult as the Olympic lifts. (I’m trying to learn KB so I can diversify as a strength coach.) At least the Oly lifts are bilateral. Unilateral explosive movements using KB will truly expose one’s weakness and imbalances.
    This above all..
    To thine ownself be true..
    And it must follow, as the night the day..
    Thou can'st not then be false to any man..
    -----------------------------------------------
    Bros, my Weightlifters and Powerlifters are my credentials.

GnomusMaximus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GnomusMaximus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GnomusMaximus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GnomusMaximus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GnomusMaximus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GnomusMaximus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GnomusMaximus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GnomusMaximus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GnomusMaximus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GnomusMaximus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GnomusMaximus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Not much wieight compared to a bar, but trust me pressing sand bags is a BITCH...150#

Pulling 600+# of stones in an old plastic sled just for the hell of it

Pressin stuff

Liftin 420#

...and the highlight of my off season.Been trying to push this f'n thing for 2 and 1/2 years
    Gnomefit...ain't for everybody, only the sexy people.

pvsampson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pvsampson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pvsampson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pvsampson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pvsampson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pvsampson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pvsampson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pvsampson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pvsampson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pvsampson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pvsampson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    ^^^^^Strong!!

Lots of good stuff in this thread.

Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Tons of excellent progress in here. Keep up the good work.

Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    The picture on the left is from August, 2006 right after I had my heart procedure and just before I started training. The picture on the right was taken last week as part of a contest prep posing session for the NANBF Gateway Naturals in October.

Still some work to do, but I will get there.

Finally accused of juicin Corbi's Avatar
    Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Nice frickin work Bo!
    "You know that little thing in your head that keeps you from saying things you shouldn't? Yeah, well, I don't have one of those."

rob44023 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rob44023 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rob44023 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rob44023 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rob44023 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rob44023 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rob44023 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rob44023 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rob44023 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rob44023 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rob44023 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I would have to agree that having even a little bit of knowledge coupled with hard work should produce some results. In my opinion it's equal parts knowledge, genetics, hard work, and flat out will power. I just finished a 12 week challenge sponsored by Optimum Nutrition and Bodybuilding.com and will continue to post progress pictures so I can see where I am heading and what works best for me.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by rob44023; 04-23-2012 at 07:01 PM.
    A job half finished is still a job undone.

Registered User silverlightning's Avatar
    silverlightning is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) silverlightning is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) silverlightning is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) silverlightning is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) silverlightning is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) silverlightning is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) silverlightning is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) silverlightning is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) silverlightning is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) silverlightning is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) silverlightning is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I give my entourage the morning off so I can't get pics or video.

sakustoms is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sakustoms is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sakustoms is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sakustoms is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sakustoms is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sakustoms is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sakustoms is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sakustoms is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sakustoms is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sakustoms is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sakustoms is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by BloodySalad View Post
    @sakustoms. No you don't man. honestly. I was an idiot to begin with. The first photo was taken in June. Prior to that I'd done jack fitness or food-wise. In June, I started doing some manual labour around my folks' farm. But it wasn't until September that I decided to get fit. I started out dieting and swimming. Weight lifting, I was a total mess. Bicep curling half a dozen times a day, a few military presses, no squats, deadlifts, didn't even own a bench. I had no clue. Then through Google, I found the Fat to Fit thread in the photos section and that really motivated me. That's when I started lifting properly.
    But I was eating at a huge calorie deficit. Way too big. My first post here was made when I plateaued and wanted advice. I took the advice and then, like a twat, cut my calories too low again. It wasn't until about January that I really sorted myself out and started doing everything properly.
    Losing that fast has left me with quite a large amount of loose skin. I also reckon that if I'd have gone slower, I could have salvaged a lot more muscle. Now I've got to build that back up and then just pray that the skin will tighten. Ironically, I now spend most of my time on these boards in the Nutrition and Losing Fat sections advising people to do exactly the opposite of what I did.
    I look back and think, but for patience, I probably could have done a far better job. That's why I'd say to you that you don't want to be making progress that fast. If I knew then what I know now, I certainly would have slowed it down.
    Still. No point whining. I am what I am. And like I said in my post up there - if you'd offered me those photos of me today when I looked like that in June, I'd have taken your hand off.
    Ah, ok now I see and I understand. I was never a real heavy guy, but I've had my gut and love handles for way too long. After I built some muscle I started cutting. I've lost 11 lbs so far but I think I've lost some muscle size. Now that the gut is getting smaller and I can finally see a little bit of abs I'm afraid to up my intake because I don't ever want to have that gut again.

I can totally understand how people can suffer from anorexia. Self image is a very powerful thing.

Originally Posted by Bo_Flecks View Post
    The picture on the left is from August, 2006 right after I had my heart procedure and just before I started training. The picture on the right was taken last week as part of a contest prep posing session for the NANBF Gateway Naturals in October.

Still some work to do, but I will get there.

Don't worry Steve, I see progress there. Keep at it, you'll get there. LOL.

yakabebe is a name known to all. (+5000) yakabebe is a name known to all. (+5000) yakabebe is a name known to all. (+5000) yakabebe is a name known to all. (+5000) yakabebe is a name known to all. (+5000) yakabebe is a name known to all. (+5000) yakabebe is a name known to all. (+5000) yakabebe is a name known to all. (+5000) yakabebe is a name known to all. (+5000) yakabebe is a name known to all. (+5000) yakabebe is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Lots of great stories on this here thread! Well done and what did I miss....did someone get banned for starting this thread?

Here's a couple of just taken photos...just about at the turn when I start my long cut to comp condition in September

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=154678393

If a guy's working harder than me - doing more than me - he fking well deserves to beat me.

Simple plan.

"Conceive. Believe. Perceive. Achieve", RMW

michail71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) michail71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) michail71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) michail71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) michail71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) michail71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) michail71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) michail71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) michail71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) michail71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) michail71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    If results alone make one an expert than that should go to my ex wife. She's a raw food vegetarian that juices and detoxes and doesn't lift weights. Yet she's leaner and stronger than most men on this site. She just has amazing 99.9th percentile genetics.

Corpsman 91-99 & forever cmoore's Avatar
    cmoore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cmoore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cmoore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cmoore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cmoore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cmoore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cmoore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cmoore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cmoore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cmoore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cmoore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by michail71 View Post
    If results alone make one an expert than that should go to my ex wife. She's a raw food vegetarian that juices and detoxes and doesn't lift weights. Yet she's leaner and stronger than most men on this site. She just has amazing 99.9th percentile genetics.
    Experience [ie results] does not make one an expert but it does tend to refine one's knowledge and insight.
    "I'm not a Ninja, but I played one on TV." -cmoore, American Ninja Warrior (ANW 7,8)

"Of all the things I lost during my cut, I miss my mind the most." -cmoore

michail71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) michail71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) michail71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) michail71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) michail71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) michail71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) michail71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) michail71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) michail71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) michail71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) michail71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by cmoore View Post
    Experience [ie results] does not make one an expert but it does tend to refine one's knowledge and insight.
    I agree. I'm more at the bottom end of the pile myself but working hard at it.

My ex may have some sort of medical condition also. She gets her exercise from martial arts but beyond that she has a hard time staying awake or moving around much. She turns into a sloth. I suspect that's one way she grows so much lean mass.