Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
    forcefedfreak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) forcefedfreak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) forcefedfreak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) forcefedfreak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) forcefedfreak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) forcefedfreak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) forcefedfreak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) forcefedfreak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) forcefedfreak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) forcefedfreak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) forcefedfreak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by WHT_LIGHTNING View Post
    these dudes clearly know what's up

lol I just watched that earlier. It was pretty funny.
    The best Weightlifting forum on the web:
    www.WLForums.com

scarboro is a name known to all. (+5000) scarboro is a name known to all. (+5000) scarboro is a name known to all. (+5000) scarboro is a name known to all. (+5000) scarboro is a name known to all. (+5000) scarboro is a name known to all. (+5000) scarboro is a name known to all. (+5000) scarboro is a name known to all. (+5000) scarboro is a name known to all. (+5000) scarboro is a name known to all. (+5000) scarboro is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by WHT_LIGHTNING View Post
    I assumed that the top guys did/do
    Really? I guess I was the only naive one to assume that they had to at least ATTEMPT to hide it from 'officials' in their countries weightlifting fed. This pretty much puts all internal testing in those countries as being extremely questionable. Seems like you can only get caught outside of your own country?
    Misc Strength Crew

Engineer_Guy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Engineer_Guy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Engineer_Guy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Engineer_Guy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Engineer_Guy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Engineer_Guy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Engineer_Guy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Engineer_Guy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Engineer_Guy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Engineer_Guy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Engineer_Guy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by bcop View Post
    Because he is a very good strength coach who has helped many people get stronger.
    His specialty is making untrained people stronger. Which really isn't all that difficult. He's too narrow minded to train an actual athlete.

chigiskov will become famous soon enough. (+50) chigiskov will become famous soon enough. (+50) chigiskov will become famous soon enough. (+50) chigiskov will become famous soon enough. (+50) chigiskov will become famous soon enough. (+50) chigiskov will become famous soon enough. (+50) chigiskov will become famous soon enough. (+50) chigiskov will become famous soon enough. (+50) chigiskov will become famous soon enough. (+50) chigiskov will become famous soon enough. (+50) chigiskov will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by scarboro View Post
    Really? I guess I was the only naive one to assume that they had to at least ATTEMPT to hide it from 'officials' in their countries weightlifting fed. This pretty much puts all internal testing in those countries as being extremely questionable. Seems like you can only get caught outside of your own country?
    There's talk of Russians testing internally more than ever. Many second string guys are getting popped, but I'm sure the likes of Klokov and co are pretty protected.

CHS55 is just really nice. (+1000) CHS55 is just really nice. (+1000) CHS55 is just really nice. (+1000) CHS55 is just really nice. (+1000) CHS55 is just really nice. (+1000) CHS55 is just really nice. (+1000) CHS55 is just really nice. (+1000) CHS55 is just really nice. (+1000) CHS55 is just really nice. (+1000) CHS55 is just really nice. (+1000) CHS55 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Out of curiosity, who has Mark Rippetoe coached exactly? As in the specific names of lifters?
    - Impossible is lifting up your country

bcop is a name known to all. (+5000) bcop is a name known to all. (+5000) bcop is a name known to all. (+5000) bcop is a name known to all. (+5000) bcop is a name known to all. (+5000) bcop is a name known to all. (+5000) bcop is a name known to all. (+5000) bcop is a name known to all. (+5000) bcop is a name known to all. (+5000) bcop is a name known to all. (+5000) bcop is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Engineer_Guy View Post
    His specialty is making untrained people stronger. Which really isn't all that difficult. He's too narrow minded to train an actual athlete.
    Originally Posted by CHS55 View Post
    Out of curiosity, who has Mark Rippetoe coached exactly? As in the specific names of lifters?
    see post #38

CHS55 is just really nice. (+1000) CHS55 is just really nice. (+1000) CHS55 is just really nice. (+1000) CHS55 is just really nice. (+1000) CHS55 is just really nice. (+1000) CHS55 is just really nice. (+1000) CHS55 is just really nice. (+1000) CHS55 is just really nice. (+1000) CHS55 is just really nice. (+1000) CHS55 is just really nice. (+1000) CHS55 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by bcop View Post
    see post #38
    Again, the specific names? Maybe I didn't read it well enough, I didn't see any names of people that he's coached.
    - Impossible is lifting up your country

chigiskov will become famous soon enough. (+50) chigiskov will become famous soon enough. (+50) chigiskov will become famous soon enough. (+50) chigiskov will become famous soon enough. (+50) chigiskov will become famous soon enough. (+50) chigiskov will become famous soon enough. (+50) chigiskov will become famous soon enough. (+50) chigiskov will become famous soon enough. (+50) chigiskov will become famous soon enough. (+50) chigiskov will become famous soon enough. (+50) chigiskov will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by CHS55 View Post
    Again, the specific names? Maybe I didn't read it well enough, I didn't see any names of people that he's coached.

scarboro is a name known to all. (+5000) scarboro is a name known to all. (+5000) scarboro is a name known to all. (+5000) scarboro is a name known to all. (+5000) scarboro is a name known to all. (+5000) scarboro is a name known to all. (+5000) scarboro is a name known to all. (+5000) scarboro is a name known to all. (+5000) scarboro is a name known to all. (+5000) scarboro is a name known to all. (+5000) scarboro is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by chigiskov View Post
    Lol I just read that post and fraverdenstreet is pretty much better than that guy Rip coached for 11 years.
    Kyle, wanna say that i'm your coach and I'll claim that the key towards success in the oly lifts is NEVER DEADLIFTING? :P
    Misc Strength Crew

feces99 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) feces99 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) feces99 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) feces99 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) feces99 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) feces99 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) feces99 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) feces99 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) feces99 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) feces99 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) feces99 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by chigiskov View Post
    That would be great on a resume.

Coaching Experience:

EEEEEVVVEERRRRYYYYOONNNNNNNEEEEEE
    Gym lifts (PB): C&J: 132.5k, Snatch: 107.5k (p)Jerk: 138k, Clean: 137k Front Squat: 153
    Deadlift: 455, Squat: 380(oly) 360 (pl), Bench: 245, CPUs: 9001
    Comp Total: 237k

relativelyweak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) relativelyweak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) relativelyweak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) relativelyweak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) relativelyweak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) relativelyweak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) relativelyweak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) relativelyweak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) relativelyweak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) relativelyweak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Lol I just read that post and fraverdenstreet is pretty much better than that guy Rip coached for 11 years.
    Kyle, wanna say that i'm your coach and I'll claim that the key towards success in the oly lifts is NEVER DEADLIFTING? :P
    Seriously, don't buy into the hype. Rip never coached anyone on the WFW team, and I was on the team and I know. We didn't even do most of our training in his gym. About the only time he stepped into the weightlifting room it was to turn the thermostat up and gripe at us for wasting his electricity.

Olympic Lifter & Coach GqArtguy's Avatar
    GqArtguy will become famous soon enough. (+50) GqArtguy will become famous soon enough. (+50) GqArtguy will become famous soon enough. (+50) GqArtguy will become famous soon enough. (+50) GqArtguy will become famous soon enough. (+50) GqArtguy will become famous soon enough. (+50) GqArtguy will become famous soon enough. (+50) GqArtguy will become famous soon enough. (+50) GqArtguy will become famous soon enough. (+50) GqArtguy will become famous soon enough. (+50) GqArtguy will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by relativelyweak View Post
    Seriously, don't buy into the hype. Rip never coached anyone on the WFW team, and I was on the team and I know. We didn't even do most of our training in his gym. About the only time he stepped into the weightlifting room it was to turn the thermostat up and gripe at us for wasting his electricity.
    Seems like there are guys that take Pendlay's position which is here: http://pendlayforum.com/showpost.php...3&postcount=73

But then there are others who say they trained there providing a conflicting story. For example: http://pendlayforum.com/showpost.php...&postcount=152

Its one thing to say "well he wasnt there from 1999-2004 but was a coach after that" but the argument from either camp is whether Rip was coaching at all regardless of time period. Both men provide contradictory stories as well as lifters there. Why the schism?
    Olympic Lifting Coach

My Demo Vids and some training:

http://www.youtube.com/user/mhbuitrago

runtocatch is a name known to all. (+5000) runtocatch is a name known to all. (+5000) runtocatch is a name known to all. (+5000) runtocatch is a name known to all. (+5000) runtocatch is a name known to all. (+5000) runtocatch is a name known to all. (+5000) runtocatch is a name known to all. (+5000) runtocatch is a name known to all. (+5000) runtocatch is a name known to all. (+5000) runtocatch is a name known to all. (+5000) runtocatch is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by forcefedfreak View Post
    I'm still confused as to why the **** anyone still gives a **** what Mark Rippetoe has to say about anything?
    Thats kinda how I see it.

relativelyweak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) relativelyweak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) relativelyweak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) relativelyweak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) relativelyweak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) relativelyweak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) relativelyweak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) relativelyweak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) relativelyweak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) relativelyweak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by GqArtguy View Post

ts one thing to say "well he wasnt there from 1999-2004 but was a coach after that" but the argument from either camp is whether Rip was coaching at all regardless of time period. Both men provide contradictory stories as well as lifters there. Why the schism?
    That one conflicting story is Josh. He trained with me for a couple of years actually, we trained at Midwestern State university. Glenn was the main coach, but Hartman and a couple of other grad students helped out, for a while Hartman actually helped me more than anyone else. We had a pretty big group at that time. Josh got hurt sometime around 2004 after he went to junior worlds, and he kind of stopped training with the team. I think Rip hired him to work in his gym after that.

I don't think anyone is saying Rip never ever coached anyone, just that he never coached anyone with the WFW team. Outside the team, I never saw Rip coach anyone, but I couldn't swear that he didn't. When the weightlifting team was training at midwestern, I really don't know what Rip was doing, running his gym across town I guess. When we started going over to Rips gym to train Rip and Glenn really didn't seem to get along very well, and pretty much stayed out of each others way. I know that the weightlfiters got their own building eventually, I didn't train there but I know where it was. Like i said Rip and Glenn didnt get along that well and I think the experiment of having the weightlifters train at Rips gym for some of the training sessions didn't work out.

As far as why the controversy, who knows. There was never any controversy about who the coach was at the time this was happening, I dont know why there is almost 10 years later. If anyone else has any claim to be a coach there it would be Hartman. I also heard that Kilgore was a coach before i started training. Back then the subject of Rip being a coach never came up. I think I trained with the team for over a year before I ever even met the guy for the first time.

raffiki is just really nice. (+1000) raffiki is just really nice. (+1000) raffiki is just really nice. (+1000) raffiki is just really nice. (+1000) raffiki is just really nice. (+1000) raffiki is just really nice. (+1000) raffiki is just really nice. (+1000) raffiki is just really nice. (+1000) raffiki is just really nice. (+1000) raffiki is just really nice. (+1000) raffiki is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by GqArtguy View Post
    Seems like there are guys that take Pendlay's position which is here: http://pendlayforum.com/showpost.php...3&postcount=73

But then there are others who say they trained there providing a conflicting story. For example: http://pendlayforum.com/showpost.php...&postcount=152

Its one thing to say "well he wasnt there from 1999-2004 but was a coach after that" but the argument from either camp is whether Rip was coaching at all regardless of time period. Both men provide contradictory stories as well as lifters there. Why the schism?
    Who cares? Has anyone seen Rip at nationals slapping the traps of a champion before his lifts? I haven't.
    "However, the strength of the hamstring muscles is crucial to fully exploit the strength potential of the quads and ultimately the vertical force that the athlete is able to impart to the barbell." - Andrew Charniga, Jr.

Resident Liberal Elite NeoKantian's Avatar
    NeoKantian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NeoKantian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NeoKantian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NeoKantian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NeoKantian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NeoKantian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NeoKantian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NeoKantian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NeoKantian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NeoKantian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NeoKantian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Never understood this type of crap. It's pretty clear to anyone involved in weightlifting that you need to be strong and have good technique. After all, for some people it seems they do not understand that technique is about maximizing efficiency and thereby creating less work for the lifter. You wouldn't tell a golfer at the tee with his driver, "Yo bro...just hit it hard, that technique stuff is overated."

Speculating on what would work is great and all, but at some point you need to seriously put in the effort to get some results.
    "God help us; we're in the hands of engineers." - JP Quote

Please Donate to Help Cure Hearing Loss:
    http://hearinghealthfoundation.org/
    http://hearinglosscure.stanford.edu/

ugjennomtrengelig mørke fraverdenstreet's Avatar
    fraverdenstreet is just really nice. (+1000) fraverdenstreet is just really nice. (+1000) fraverdenstreet is just really nice. (+1000) fraverdenstreet is just really nice. (+1000) fraverdenstreet is just really nice. (+1000) fraverdenstreet is just really nice. (+1000) fraverdenstreet is just really nice. (+1000) fraverdenstreet is just really nice. (+1000) fraverdenstreet is just really nice. (+1000) fraverdenstreet is just really nice. (+1000) fraverdenstreet is just really nice. (+1000)

just saw this
    yes.
    Competition lifts @ 94kgs: 130/161

http://www.youtube.com/user/g3waltiger

fordømt ... for alltid. tenker på det. prøve å forestille slutten av evigheten. lukk øynene. Lukk øynene og prøv å forestille seg. for alltid. smerte. for alltid.

BigAndyC has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BigAndyC has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BigAndyC has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BigAndyC has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BigAndyC has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BigAndyC has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BigAndyC has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BigAndyC has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BigAndyC has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BigAndyC has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BigAndyC has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Chinese are much more advanced with their drug techniques then the USA is.

admiralseadog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) admiralseadog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) admiralseadog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) admiralseadog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) admiralseadog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) admiralseadog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) admiralseadog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) admiralseadog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Except there are US lifters that can easily match foreign lifters in terms of strength yet the results don't compare. Kendrick Farris is probably stronger than most if not all of his competitors.
    not sure if this is true or not, most foreign lifters don't post daily squat vids etc. plus the way kendrick stands up with cleans doesn't indicate he is one of the stronger 85's. maybe in the back squat but his front squat might be off

admiralseadog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) admiralseadog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) admiralseadog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) admiralseadog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) admiralseadog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) admiralseadog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) admiralseadog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) admiralseadog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by BigAndyC View Post
    Chinese are much more advanced with their drug techniques then the USA is.
    LMAO then how do all da bodybuilders and nfl players in usa get their juice?

forcefedfreak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) forcefedfreak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) forcefedfreak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) forcefedfreak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) forcefedfreak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) forcefedfreak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) forcefedfreak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) forcefedfreak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) forcefedfreak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) forcefedfreak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) forcefedfreak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by admiralseadog View Post
    LMAO then how do all da bodybuilders and nfl players in usa get their juice?
    Wow strong comprehension. Just because China is more advanced doesn't mean that NFL players can't get juice?
    The best Weightlifting forum on the web:
    www.WLForums.com

feces99 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) feces99 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) feces99 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) feces99 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) feces99 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) feces99 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) feces99 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) feces99 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) feces99 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) feces99 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) feces99 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    there is literally nothing new that can be said about this subject. i don't get why america as a whole is still dwelling on this.
    Gym lifts (PB): C&J: 132.5k, Snatch: 107.5k (p)Jerk: 138k, Clean: 137k Front Squat: 153
    Deadlift: 455, Squat: 380(oly) 360 (pl), Bench: 245, CPUs: 9001
    Comp Total: 237k