RageOlimp is on a distinguished road. (+10) RageOlimp is on a distinguished road. (+10) RageOlimp is on a distinguished road. (+10) RageOlimp is on a distinguished road. (+10) RageOlimp is on a distinguished road. (+10) RageOlimp is on a distinguished road. (+10) RageOlimp is on a distinguished road. (+10) RageOlimp is on a distinguished road. (+10) RageOlimp is on a distinguished road. (+10) RageOlimp is on a distinguished road. (+10) RageOlimp is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Lazar Angelov workout routine, good/bad?

Hi,
    I am really sorry if you guys get his question everyday but I would really appreciate some help. I train my whole body 3 times a week. But want to try out a split program.
    Here are some stats:
    Height: 180 cm/5 feet 10.86 inches.
    Weight: 72 kg/ 160 lbs

I can train up to 5 days a week.

I want a routine which focuses on mass building, since I have been training 5x5 for quite some time now. I have seen Lazar Angelov’s workout routine on simplyshredded.com, is this a good routine for mass building?

Monday: Chest
    • Flat Bench 4×8
    • Incline Bench 4×8
    • Decline Bench 4×8
    • Pullover 4×12
    • Hammer Press 3×12
    • Dips 3×12

Tuesday: Back/Traps
    • Bent Over Row 4×8
    • Deadlift 4×8
    • Pulldowns 4×12
    • Pull Ups 4×12
    • Cable Row 4×12
    • Shrugs 6×10

Wednesday: Delts/Abs
    • Military Press Behind The Neck 3×8
    • Machine Press 4×8
    • Lateral Raises 4 x 10
    • Weight Plate Front Raises 4×10
    • Front Raise 4×10
    • Reverse Pec Deck 4×10
    • Reverse Fly’s (on incline bench) 4×12
    • Weighted Sit Up 4x failure
    • Hanging Leg Raise- 4x failure
    • Side Bends 4x failure
    • Side Crunches 4x failure

Thursday: Rest
    • Recovery

Friday: Triceps/Biceps
    • Close Grip Bench Press 4×8
    • Pushdown 4×8
    • EZ Bar Skullcrusher 4×10
    • Cable Kickback 4×12
    • EZ Bar Curl 4×8
    • Wide Grip Curl 4×8
    • Hammer Curl 4×8(each hand)
    • Concentration Curl 4×12

Saturday: Legs/Abs
    • Squats 4×12
    • Squat (to bench) 4×12
    • Bulgarian Squat 4×12
    • Quad Extensions 4×16
    • Stiff Leg Deadlift 4×12
    • Leg Curls 4×16
    • Glute Kickbacks 4×20
    • Calf Machine Raises 4×20
    • Seated Calf Raises 4×20
    • Leg Press Calf Raises 4×20
    • Weighted Sit up 4x failure
    • Air bike 4x failure
    • Side Bends 4x failure
    • Barbell Twists 4x failure

Sunday: Rest
    • Recovery

If not could someone please help with a routine? I mainly want to focus on chest, arms and shoulders.

I will give rep to every helpfull answer even though my rep probably is not worth anything.
    I am also sorry for my bad english.

Boardshortz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Boardshortz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Boardshortz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Boardshortz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Boardshortz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Boardshortz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    FIRST and foremost, don't ever listen to anyone that tells you that the ROUTINE is what makes muscle. Proper rest and nutrition makes the muscle, not the workout. That being said, workouts should still be properly preformed, and I don't mean this workout is better than that, I mean the workout has the right composition of lifts. To give you my honest opinion, any routine program that I see that groups two minor muscle groups into one day, I immediately steer clear of. Not because I feel its stupid or wrong, but because I stand by the key concept of heavy compound lifts, supplimented with the corresponding minor muscle group, IE: Chest(major)/Tri's(minor) so on and so forth.

SECONDLY, unless you have some kind of injury that prevents you from doing so, do SOMETHING with your legs, even if its bodyweight squats, you wanna keep those hormones going.

THIRD, In my opinion the best program setup for a beginner (whether its full body or a volume split) is this:

3 days a week, MWF:
    M-chest(major)/Tri's(minor)
    W-Back(major)/Bi's(minor)
    F-Shoulders and legs

OR for 4 days

M-chest/tri's
    T-back/bi's
    W-rest
    Th-shoulders
    F-legs

I'd toss a link in here of a few workouts but I'm not quite to enough posts yet. Bodybuilding.com and MuscleandStrength.com have PLENTY of workout routines with this sort of progression.

PM me if you want me to write something up for you, though i'd encourage you to seek out knowledge for yourself. GOOD LUCK!

PS: This is just advice...based on my experience and what works for me........you can do whatever the **** you wanna do ~Twins

RageOlimp is on a distinguished road. (+10) RageOlimp is on a distinguished road. (+10) RageOlimp is on a distinguished road. (+10) RageOlimp is on a distinguished road. (+10) RageOlimp is on a distinguished road. (+10) RageOlimp is on a distinguished road. (+10) RageOlimp is on a distinguished road. (+10) RageOlimp is on a distinguished road. (+10) RageOlimp is on a distinguished road. (+10) RageOlimp is on a distinguished road. (+10) RageOlimp is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Thanks a lot for the answer, but since I have time to train five times a day I would rather do that. Any other opinions on the workout routine? Because i mainly want to focus on my lacking parts which are arms, chest and shoulders. And if I were to judge Lazar's routine based on his body, I would say it looks like it works for those parts. But I am not an expert and would therefore appreciate help.

mrmrbill is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mrmrbill is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mrmrbill is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mrmrbill is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mrmrbill is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mrmrbill is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mrmrbill is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mrmrbill is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mrmrbill is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mrmrbill is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mrmrbill is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Beginners should utilize workouts that take advantage of their faster recovery ability -- hit each bodypart 2-3x/week. The stickies -- which never manage to get read, despite being reliable sources -- have several great beginner workouts. Same with the curiously-named search box, labeled "Search" that provides search results for information searches. The success of beginner programs such as All Pro, Starting Strength, Stronglifts, the 5x5s such as Reg Park, speak for themselves.

OP, although you can workout 5 days/week, muscle isn't produced in the gym -- only stimulus. Muscle is produced with adequate rest, hopefully utilizing proper nutrition, which I'm sure you'll read about in the Nutrition section stickies.

Boardshortz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Boardshortz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Boardshortz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Boardshortz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Boardshortz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Boardshortz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Another point i want to make is that according to your stats you are only 16. And as I said before, this workout is WAY to unnecessarily complicated. It's not a bad workout, but why go through a maze when you can just take a straight path to success. You will spend more time trying to figure this routine out then you will making progress. Keep it simple dude...because you're only 16, and because this workout is way more complicated than it needs to be. I speak from experience because the first year or so that I started in the gym, I was doing the same thing you are doing, over complicating things.
    Last edited by Boardshortz; 04-19-2012 at 12:33 PM.

Originally Posted by mrmrbill View Post
    Beginners should utilize workouts that take advantage of their faster recovery ability -- hit each bodypart 2-3x/week. The stickies -- which never manage to get read, despite being reliable sources -- have several great beginner workouts. Same with the curiously-named search box, labeled "Search" that provides search results for information searches. The success of beginner programs such as All Pro, Starting Strength, Stronglifts, the 5x5s such as Reg Park, speak for themselves.

OP, although you can workout 5 days/week, muscle isn't produced in the gym -- only stimulus. Muscle is produced with adequate rest, hopefully utilizing proper nutrition, which I'm sure you'll read about in the Nutrition section stickies.
    This ^....the most successful workouts are simple. Simplicity reaps simple success.

Thanks for your expertise guys, I will find a simple program. I have been hitting every bodypart 3 times a week for 8 months now, and the reason for why I want split is becuase I dont think my body manages to recover.

mrmrbill is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mrmrbill is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mrmrbill is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mrmrbill is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mrmrbill is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mrmrbill is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mrmrbill is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mrmrbill is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mrmrbill is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mrmrbill is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mrmrbill is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by RageOlimp View Post
    Thanks for your expertise guys, I will find a simple program. I have been hitting every bodypart 3 times a week for 8 months now, and the reason for why I want split is becuase I dont think my body manages to recover.
    What sort of progress have you made in your lifts? Body weight changes?

Originally Posted by mrmrbill View Post
    What sort of progress have you made in your lifts? Body weight changes?
    Weight: from 120 lbs to 160 lbs
    Bench press: from 110 lbs to 220 lbs.
    Squat: 154 lbs to 260 lbs.

I have trained 5x5 the whole period, and only eaten good food.

Dave1990 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dave1990 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dave1990 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dave1990 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dave1990 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dave1990 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dave1990 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dave1990 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dave1990 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dave1990 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dave1990 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    And if I were to judge Lazar's routine based on his body, I would say it looks like it works for those parts. But I am not an expert and would therefore appreciate help.
    You can't judge how good/bad his routine is going by his body man. He's probably been training for 10+ years so he know's that routine works for him.

As said above, if I were you I would focus on 3 days full body workouts each week, and focus on heavy compound exercises. Believe me I was the same way, wanted to go straight into a 5 day split, done it for around 4 months and it done nothing for me. Been doing a 3x week full body workout for 5 months and its excellent. Start off simple
    R.I.P Zyzz, the legend lives on.

Weight: from 120 lbs to 160 lbs
    Bench press: from 110 lbs to 220 lbs.
    Squat: 154 lbs to 260 lbs.

I have trained 5x5 the whole period, and only eaten good food.
    Progress looks good. Why do you feel you're not recovering? Also, have you done a deload in the 8 months you were working this?

Originally Posted by Dave1990 View Post
    You can't judge how good/bad his routine is going by his body man. He's probably been training for 10+ years so he know's that routine works for him.

As said above, if I were you I would focus on 3 days full body workouts each week, and focus on heavy compound exercises. Believe me I was the same way, wanted to go straight into a 5 day split, done it for around 4 months and it done nothing for me. Been doing a 3x week full body workout for 5 months and its excellent. Start off simple
    This ^, don't try to progress too fast. Complexity doesn't mean better, and it doesn't mean you'll get faster results. As you learn more about lifting, you'll find that complex workouts like this one are based on people who have (over a long period of time) adapted their workout to themselves, and the complexity is a PREFERENCE, not a requirement. The only thing REQUIRED to be successful in building a better physique are a few simple principles to follow, and adding more weight to the bar in progression.

You guys are probably right, and the reason for why I don’t think my body manages to recover is because when I am hitting every part the workouts usually last for 2 hours. I have never deloaded.

You guys are probably right, and the reason for why I don’t think my body manages to recover is because when I am hitting every part the workouts usually last for 2 hours. I have never deloaded.
    How many sets do you do per body part when you work out? For a full body heavy compound movement routine, you should AT MAX be doing 2 sets per major muscle group, and only 1 for the minor muscle groups such as biceps or triceps. The reason is when you do heavy compound movements, you are hitting your bi's and tri's already, so you don't need anymore training for those. Also, 8-10 reps, 75% of your max which SHOULD allow you to get 8-10 reps effectively but no more than that. Like I just said, if you taper your sets to only 1 to 2 per major muscle and minor muscle group, you should be fine staying on your 3 day full body. Just add weight to the bar every new week.

I just got a new routine, 3 weeks ago the PT made it for me.

Squat 5x5
    Deadlift 8x3
    Incline Dumbell Bench 10x3
    Benchpress BB 8x3
    Bent over row 8x3
    Wide Grip Pull ups 8x3
    Arnold Press 12x3
    Cable Push Down 12x3
    Dumbell Biceps 12x3
    Hip raise 20x4

You're probably experiencing some accumulated CNS fatigue -- 8 months, no deload. See if the pointers in this thread sound familiar
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=121391461

Give that a shot. And if you're still progressing on your current program, I'd stick w/ it. Milk it for every gain you can get, if it ain't broke... When the gains run their course, then do something different.

Bossbrahhh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bossbrahhh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bossbrahhh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bossbrahhh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bossbrahhh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bossbrahhh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bossbrahhh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bossbrahhh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bossbrahhh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bossbrahhh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bossbrahhh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Looks intense, but honestly, bodybuilding is about finding what works for you, and it takes time. That workout might work amazing for him, but not give you results that you expect. My advice is to try that kind of split out, but go in and do exercises, rest, and reps that you feel your body responding to. I tried following a routine when I first started, didn't get any gains, no exaggeration. I started going in and doing my own thing on a 3 day on one day off split, and went from 150 12% bf to 178 15% bf in 7 months. It's all about you're body and learning to listen to it... Not following someone elses routine. Gl!

DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    If you have been doing 5x5 squats and deadlifts for "some time" and only weigh 160 pounds something is wrong with your diet or your intensity

jamnajh is just really nice. (+1000) jamnajh is just really nice. (+1000) jamnajh is just really nice. (+1000) jamnajh is just really nice. (+1000) jamnajh is just really nice. (+1000) jamnajh is just really nice. (+1000) jamnajh is just really nice. (+1000) jamnajh is just really nice. (+1000) jamnajh is just really nice. (+1000) jamnajh is just really nice. (+1000) jamnajh is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by DCSpartan View Post
    If you have been doing 5x5 squats and deadlifts for "some time" and only weigh 160 pounds something is wrong with your diet or your intensity
    What do the squats have to do with his weight. His diet has to do with weight.
    Any memphis sport.

roll tide

jamnajh is just really nice. (+1000) jamnajh is just really nice. (+1000) jamnajh is just really nice. (+1000) jamnajh is just really nice. (+1000) jamnajh is just really nice. (+1000) jamnajh is just really nice. (+1000) jamnajh is just really nice. (+1000) jamnajh is just really nice. (+1000) jamnajh is just really nice. (+1000) jamnajh is just really nice. (+1000) jamnajh is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by DCSpartan View Post
    What do the squats have to do with his weight. His diet has to do with weight.

OP, as I stated above if you want to gains as you must be eating to gain.
    As far as your workout that you posted I think there is to much volume in both. But if your still progressing it is up to you. But I wouldn't follow that 5 day split with over 30-40 sets per body part
    Any memphis sport.

roll tide

BIGMIKENYC79 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BIGMIKENYC79 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BIGMIKENYC79 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BIGMIKENYC79 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BIGMIKENYC79 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BIGMIKENYC79 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BIGMIKENYC79 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Best Workout: DINESCUTWINS

If you want the best workout check out former US Sprinter Eugene Dinescu and his twin bro's youtube: DINESCUTWINS. Both have better physiques than Lazar and are much younger, 21 yrs. old I believe.
    Attached Images

af77 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    DINESCUT's are definitely juicing. Natural is a load of crap.
    I've found the best protocol is 8 a.m. mild HIIT, with stimulants and anabolics, then a scoop of protein at 2:00, a <30 carb/400 calorie meal at 4:00, and training at 6:00. Followed by a 50 carb/1000 calorie meal at 7:30.

2500 calories a day or less, 80 carbs per day or less, 175+ grams of protein.

Registered User UgotAniceSNATCH's Avatar
    UgotAniceSNATCH has a spectacular aura about. (+250) UgotAniceSNATCH has a spectacular aura about. (+250) UgotAniceSNATCH has a spectacular aura about. (+250) UgotAniceSNATCH has a spectacular aura about. (+250) UgotAniceSNATCH has a spectacular aura about. (+250) UgotAniceSNATCH has a spectacular aura about. (+250) UgotAniceSNATCH has a spectacular aura about. (+250) UgotAniceSNATCH has a spectacular aura about. (+250) UgotAniceSNATCH has a spectacular aura about. (+250) UgotAniceSNATCH has a spectacular aura about. (+250) UgotAniceSNATCH has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I just got a new routine, 3 weeks ago the PT made it for me.

Squat 5x5
    Deadlift 8x3
    Incline Dumbell Bench 10x3
    Benchpress BB 8x3
    Bent over row 8x3
    Wide Grip Pull ups 8x3
    Arnold Press 12x3
    Cable Push Down 12x3
    Dumbell Biceps 12x3
    Hip raise 20x4
    lol is this serious?????? you're gonna do the same damn thing 3 times a week? 8 sets of deads 3 times a week? i think the volume is overkill for 3 times a week.

if you're sick of doing whole body 3 times a week, which i can understand, your best bet is an upper/lower split. upper/lower/off/upper/lower/off/off or repeat. half of the week concentrating on strength and the other half on hypertrophy rep ranges. if you are interested i can type up a routine or copy and paste mine so you have an example
    i jerk, you clean.

bench press: 998383892939838382923829833928394849384293829930494 lbs

Ppauliie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Height: 180 cm/5 feet 10.86 inches.
    Weight: 72 kg/ 160 lbs

what is he... -20% body fat?
    No way he has that much muscle mass at that height and only weighs 72kg

othmaneMrspy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thumbs up Lazar is amzaing

lazar is my favorite fitness model , and always will the best...

royjwoods has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thumbs down Be Leary of lazar's automatic billing practices

Heads up when signing up for his tips. Tips are ok, however, you are put on automatic billing with no direct way of opting out. After contacting customer service no one has yet to return my email. It states emails are responded to within 24 hours, however, this was not the case when trying to opt out of reoccurring billing. I ended up having the card cancelled. Don't recall if he offers a pay pal method, yet if so go that route and then you can cancel at your leisure.