Mikelh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mikelh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mikelh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mikelh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mikelh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mikelh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mikelh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mikelh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mikelh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mikelh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mikelh is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Metabolic Nutrition Protizyme protein powder (PB Cookie flavor)

Metabolic nutrition Protizyme protein
    http://www.metabolicnutrition.com/s-1-protizyme.aspx

So, I was curious about this stuff, and decided to try it, despite it making some pretty absurd sounding claims...:
    "Dedicated to manufacturing high quality nutritional supplements, backed by scientific research and formulated by a medical doctor, Metabolic Nutrition® was the first to introduce a specialized designed protein to the marketplace.

Protizyme's 10x ultra-microfiltered process preserves the essential protein-peptide, structure which delivers greater concentrations of amino acids, glutamine and BCAA's. Each gram of protein in Protizyme is coated with only the most potent digestive enzymes…dramatically increasing digestion and absorption, therefore eliminating gas and bloating.

Protizyme is fortified with 24 essential vitamins and minerals, providing optimal nutritional benefit absent in other proteins. Additionally, Protizyme contains the highest levels of bioactive protein fractions and immunoglobulins to improve immune function, support intestinal health and promote a greater sense of well being. Lastly, Protizyme contains the exclusive, ultra-powerful ingredient TAG (Trans-Alanyl-Glutamine), the world's only "Muscle Targeted Glutamine"…which boosts your body's rate for muscle recovery and repair by over 425%!

Protizyme is suitable for all: low-carbohydrate, low-fat, low-glycemic, reduced calorie, gluten free, and diabetic diets…as well as, a good food supplement for Bariatric or post surgical patients."

Even if all that stuff is true, I don't really care.. I really only care about getting protein powder's with: 1)good macros, 2)unique and good-tasting flavors (which I heard this was), and 3)nice, shakelike texture.

That being said, heres a quick review (and sorry about no pics... my computer has been slow, and i'm inpatient. BUT, I might put some up later if requested.)

Macro Profile
    Pretty good. 135kcal per scoop, which breaks down into 3g fat (.5g saturated), 3g carbs (2g sugar), and 24g protein. I prefer to have as little fat/carbs in my shakes if possible, but this one still lies in a pretty good range. Also has a nice amino acid profile and pretty good vitamin/mineral stats as well. Sweetened with sucralose, no aspartame. Protein source is WPI and WPC.
    8/10

First Impression
    Opened the tub up, and immediately got a strong whiff of peanut butter scent. It smelled pretty much identical to peanut butter cookies being baked in the oven. I also noticed that the powder had a different "consistency" than typical powders. It was a bit more... granular, if you will... As in, this powder compared is to most other powders i've used much like granular splenda is to powdered sugar... if that makes sense.
    8.5/10

Mixability/Consistency
    Mixed pretty well in my blender bottle. A few clumps, but up there with the better-mixing proteins i've used. Some settled to the bottom after it sat for a couple minutes, but just a quick shake and it remixes well. Not as thick as myofusion or trutein, which I was a bit disappointed by, since I like a shake-like consistency, but thicker than ON, dymatize, and a lot of other whey products i've used previously.
    9/10

Taste
    The important part... I am a PB fiend, and could probably survive on pb alone for a month without getting too bored of it. I just love the stuff. So the idea of an accurate replica in protein powder form is pretty damn desirable. This powder is... pretty good. It has a bit of that classic whey protein aftertaste, a bit of a prolonged sweetness that gives away the sucralose a bit. Nothing overwhelming though. Did it taste exactly like peanut butter? No... but for a protein shake, it did a pretty good job. Imagine PB2, mixed with a bit of vanilla whey, and sweetened up. Basically, I had high hopes, and the smell when I opened the tub only raised those hopes higher... It may not have totally live up, but It's definitely a good shake. Haven't tried any other straight up PB flavors of protein, so I cant compare with anything else. But, I look forward to drinking it again.
    8.5/10

Would I Buy Again??
    Honestly, no, i wouldn't. For a couple reasons. The main reason is that this s*** is [i]ridiculously expensive[/]. A ~2 lb tub of this cost me $41.00, and a 5lber is typically about $90- this is, without a doubt, among the most expensive protein i've seen out there. I doubt their "ultra 10x microfiltered" process is doing anything significant enough to justify that cost. Considering my recently-finished tub of Trutein Cinnabun cost just a bit over half of what this cost me, and was a solid 10/10 for mixability, consistency, and macros... and probably a 12/10 for taste.. I just cant see myself buying this again. But, if you really want a decent PB flavor, and have the spare cash, go for it.

Brolympics Gold Medalist Corey_Ellis's Avatar
    Corey_Ellis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Corey_Ellis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Corey_Ellis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Corey_Ellis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Corey_Ellis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Corey_Ellis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Corey_Ellis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Corey_Ellis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Corey_Ellis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Corey_Ellis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Corey_Ellis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    41 for 2lbs is pretty crazy.

Thanks for the review, this has caught my peanut butter-loving eye in the past.
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

BigBoLuke93 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BigBoLuke93 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BigBoLuke93 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BigBoLuke93 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BigBoLuke93 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BigBoLuke93 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BigBoLuke93 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BigBoLuke93 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BigBoLuke93 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BigBoLuke93 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BigBoLuke93 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I thought about trying one of these for the flavor choices alone, a lot of them sound great and the labels look very appealing.

But the price is just insane IMO
    NASM Certified Personal Trainer and Nutritionist
    Online Trainer/Coach - PM for Details/Inquiries

Mikelh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mikelh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mikelh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mikelh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mikelh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mikelh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mikelh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mikelh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mikelh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mikelh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mikelh is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Yeah, the price is ridiculous, no doubt. it's caught my eye too, and I waited for people to review it, but realized after a while that I probably shouldn't expect to see reviews for a 40dollar tub of whey. So, figured i'd take on for the team in the name of all things peanut-buttery and give it a shot.
    I do want to emphasize, it is pretty damn good... I think having this stuff right after my first tub of trutein may have led me to be a bit hypercritical. Cinnabun really raised the bar for me. And I think I may have had too high of hopes for a straight PB flavor. Just dreaming of the day someone comes out with a pow that makes me think i'm shoveling Jif into my mouth.

CL's Resident Pump-Fiend RaginAzN's Avatar
    RaginAzN has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) RaginAzN has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) RaginAzN has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) RaginAzN has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) RaginAzN has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) RaginAzN has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) RaginAzN has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) RaginAzN has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) RaginAzN has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) RaginAzN has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) RaginAzN has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by Mikelh View Post
    Yeah, the price is ridiculous, no doubt. it's caught my eye too, and I waited for people to review it, but realized after a while that I probably shouldn't expect to see reviews for a 40dollar tub of whey. So, figured i'd take on for the team in the name of all things peanut-buttery and give it a shot.
    I do want to emphasize, it is pretty damn good... I think having this stuff right after my first tub of trutein may have led me to be a bit hypercritical. Cinnabun really raised the bar for me. And I think I may have had too high of hopes for a straight PB flavor. Just dreaming of the day someone comes out with a pow that makes me think i'm shoveling Jif into my mouth.
    Repped for taking one for the team.
    Controlled Labs Rep

CL FB Page: https://www.********.com/controlledlabs

Disclaimer: The above post is my PERSONAL OPINION and DOES NOT REPRESENT the official position of any company or entity. It DOES NOT constitute medical advice.

JohnT@ControlledLabs.com

Brolympics Gold Medalist Corey_Ellis's Avatar
    Corey_Ellis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Corey_Ellis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Corey_Ellis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Corey_Ellis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Corey_Ellis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Corey_Ellis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Corey_Ellis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Corey_Ellis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Corey_Ellis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Corey_Ellis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Corey_Ellis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by BigBoLuke93 View Post
    I thought about trying one of these for the flavor choices alone, a lot of them sound great and the labels look very appealing.

But the price is just insane IMO
    The pictures on the label bring out my inner fat-kid.
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Originally Posted by Corey_Ellis View Post
    The pictures on the label bring out my inner fat-kid.
    Right? Man, I'm such a sucker for well designed packaging. And cookies....

ajvitan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ajvitan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ajvitan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ajvitan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ajvitan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ajvitan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ajvitan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ajvitan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ajvitan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ajvitan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ajvitan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Mikelh View Post
    Right? Man, I'm such a sucker for well designed packaging. And cookies....
    yeah I know what you mean.

Now if we had a flavor more like this I'd be all over it. Chinese New Year almond cookies. I could devour trays of these bad boys. I love grabbing fresh ones from San Francisco China Town every year.
    ~Komodo Nutraceuticals~
    Protein you say?

Originally Posted by ajvitan View Post
    yeah I know what you mean.

Now if we had a flavor more like this I'd be all over it. Chinese New Year almond cookies. I could devour trays of these bad boys. I love grabbing fresh ones from San Francisco China Town every year.
    Hngg.. idk much about those specifically, but I do know that almond is possibly my favorite flavor of pastry, cake, cookie, or anything really. My mom's side of the family is italian, and Im not sure if I could find a reason to continue living if the family recipe for almond biscotti disappeared.

roonaj has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'm with you on the peanut butter obsession and have pretty much tried them all. My favorite is Whey Gourmet peanut butter chocolate ( recently been discontinued shipping to the US it seems)and Biox chocolate peanut being a very distant 2nd favorite after Whey Gourmet. Have you tried either of those? Want to see how this would compare with those b/c I'm looking for a replacement for the Whey Gourmet. I've tried Isoflex PB, Myofusion PB, ON PB, Syntha 6, etc and wasn't impressed at all with any of those

chucks and tank tops olyrackcurls's Avatar
    olyrackcurls has a spectacular aura about. (+250) olyrackcurls has a spectacular aura about. (+250) olyrackcurls has a spectacular aura about. (+250) olyrackcurls has a spectacular aura about. (+250) olyrackcurls has a spectacular aura about. (+250) olyrackcurls has a spectacular aura about. (+250) olyrackcurls has a spectacular aura about. (+250) olyrackcurls has a spectacular aura about. (+250) olyrackcurls has a spectacular aura about. (+250) olyrackcurls has a spectacular aura about. (+250) olyrackcurls has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Had a sample from the Arnold Expo it was really good but I would never pay the price tag on it when Protean/Myo/Trutein/UP taste better and are easier on the wallet.

roonaj has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I actually bought it over this past weekend and didn't find the taste to be all that. PVL Whey Gourmet's peanut butter chocolate tastes way better in my opinion if you are a peanut butter lover. That being said, is there any realy truth to the claim that this protein is way better in terms of absorption and higher concentrations blah blah and the digetive enzymes since created by doctor for his patients? Any thoughts on that or is it just marketing hype?

Thanks

smg116 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thumbs up Price

You should look up natural body. I buy my protozyme from there and it's reasonably cheap

WorkOutGirl11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Yum!!

I have actually used this protein about ten times and I really love it. I think it's got a great taste and mixes well! Idk if all the claims on the label are true... But I think it's worth the price.

Kamarguera has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    0 ASPARTAME.

I always looked for a protein like this....

vgarcia99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

price

at my local shop i bought a 5lb tub of the strawberries and cream for 64.99

luccio07 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Price

Like the other guy posted. I get a 5lb tub for $60. And the ON Gold standard for $45. Just gotta go to the right spot. A lot of times online is not the cheapest.

36dbldz is on a distinguished road. (+10) 36dbldz is on a distinguished road. (+10) 36dbldz is on a distinguished road. (+10) 36dbldz is on a distinguished road. (+10) 36dbldz is on a distinguished road. (+10) 36dbldz is on a distinguished road. (+10) 36dbldz is on a distinguished road. (+10) 36dbldz is on a distinguished road. (+10) 36dbldz is on a distinguished road. (+10) 36dbldz is on a distinguished road. (+10) 36dbldz is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    flavor is not all that bad.
    Product Reviews: http://reviews.bodybuilding.com/my-reviews