Registered User georgenesrallah's Avatar
    georgenesrallah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

How does this look for fat loss?

Hi all. I'll get right into it. I am 5'8, 266 lbs, about 24% bf. Been lifting for many years and focused strictly on powerlifting, without much care about nutrition. Just looking for opinions on my fat loss cycle I will be doing doing for the next few months; I started a couple of weeks ago and although it is tough I feel good.

-full body circuit training 3x/weekly; descending reps per cycle of 21, 18, 15, 12, 9 and each cycle consists of squats, bent row, dumbell bench press, dumbell overhead press, hammer curls and lying dumbell triceps extensions.

-"distance" run 2x/weekly. I put the quotes around distance because well, I can't really go that far. I do a moderate distance run (last week was 2.5 km) and long distance run (last one was 5.75 km)

-hill run 2x/weekly. I run ( for the first few rounds anyway) up and down a roughly 40 degree incline hill 15 times and try to beat the previous time I did it in.

-nutrition: 2350 cal./daily. Macros. are 50% protien, 35% fat and 15% carbs. I try to make 80% (although I fall short some days) of the carb. intake from fruits and veggies and the rest from steel cut oats and sweet potatoes.

That's it in a nutshell. Just wondering if anyone has any opinions or suggestions on things. Like I said I am kind of new to the goal of fat loss and gpp. Thank you all very much.

ThousandEyes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ThousandEyes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ThousandEyes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ThousandEyes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ThousandEyes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ThousandEyes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ThousandEyes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ThousandEyes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ThousandEyes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ThousandEyes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ThousandEyes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    percentages don't matter read the stickies please

LordWolfz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    My opinion :

Too much for the start, what will you add when you will got difficulty to loose fat ?

Keep some heavy lifting and add progressively "cardio/fat loss" training over month

For the nutrition, im pretty sure you don't need to follow a strict diet to loose the first 15-20 pounds, just follow paleo diet principe and after, when that will stall, start to count macro/cal

wants to be called Dan. hcoyle545's Avatar
    hcoyle545 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hcoyle545 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hcoyle545 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hcoyle545 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hcoyle545 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hcoyle545 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hcoyle545 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hcoyle545 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hcoyle545 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hcoyle545 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hcoyle545 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by LordWolfz View Post
    My opinion :

Too much for the start, what will you add when you will got difficulty to loose fat ?

Keep some heavy lifting

For the nutrition, im pretty sure you don't need to follow a strict diet to loose the first 15-20 pounds, just follow paleo diet principe and after, when that will stall, start to count macro/cal
    This, at 266lbs 24% you've got a lot of muscle there, I don't see why you'd want to lose it by neglecting heavy compounds.
    BJJ / Greyskull LP log

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=166276471&p=1337135191&posted=1#post1337135191

Registered User georgenesrallah's Avatar
    georgenesrallah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thanks so much for the info. So basically, don't worry to much about the macros. right now, and just keep protien high (maybe 1 gram per pound), good low glycemic carbs, and some healthy fats? Also, I was wondering, in terms of the workouts, how would I structure it to to most efficiant? I thought circuit training would be the best plan of action as it would help my metabolism while maintaining lbm. However, should I lift heavy and do circuit work or keep it heavy and add in some cardio. and forget the circuits?

So sorry for all the questions just want to be sure I am doing things properly.

Thank you all very much.